Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53565 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by tomakint: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Who is this loose kolo master, Abeg Honorable AFAM and gentle man OAM4J help us get ride of this dull head.
9ja_I_hail, you should know now its another way to be known cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ***Fastest way to be famous on Nairaland***
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by tomakint: 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
This your voting don dey turn to one 'long thing' abeg when are you going to start announcing the new Eze and her female counterpart cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Afam4eva(m): 2:57pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Who is this loose kolo master, Abeg Honorable AFAM and gentle man OAM4J help us get ride of this dull head.
Nwanna, He was just stating his opinion. I think if we must move forward we must learn to entertain divergent views concerning issues concerning us. In as much as i hate his views, he's entitled to them and i can't hide his post because it's not against the rules.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

I wonder who is the dull head in here?

It is only backwards and unsophisticated cultures that are always beholden to degenerate fads and crazes.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by YorubaOmoge: 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2013
LOLOL showstopper
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by YorubaOmoge: 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2013
I nominate tellswisdom
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by sunnydgreat: 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
it is good, but let us be very objectie
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Rhino5dm: 3:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
But ofcourse, you know nah . . . .cool

gbanikiti: ka na wasa kwo? now i know you never loved me. embarassed

I will be back with my nomination.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nwanna, He was just stating his opinion. I think if we must move forward we must learn to entertain divergent views concerning issues concerning us. In as much as i hate his views, he's entitled to them and i can't hide his post because it's not against the rules.

Well, it is not in mature to make everyone agree or believe in my view, my concern though is his/her comment might attract negative attentions on this thread by so doing this thread might get derailed. Derailing the thread is my concern his/her mindset or view doesn't bother me in anyway.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by sunnydgreat: 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
it is good, but let us be very objective
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Vivipop(f): 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2013
Umu igbo ndi oma e kelee m unu o. Obi di m noo uto mgbe m huru ihe edemede a. N'eziokwu,amaghi m ndi igbo niile no na nzuko a ofuma maka na o di nso nso m batara na nzuko a. N'ihi nke a, o nweghi onyem maara m ga-atunyere. Mana ka o dina,e nwere m nnukwu nchekwube n'unu ga-ahoputa onye tozuru etozu i bu Eze ndi igbo ebe a. Okpurupku okwu ozo m choro ikwu bu na ka anyi hapu ikpo onwe anyi iyi,hukorita onwe anyi n'anya,chetakwa ndi kporo anyi asi na -ele anyi ka ha hu mgbe anyi ga -ada.Biko,ka anyi gbakota isi onu n'ihunanya hoputa onye odibo ndi igbo ma menyekwa ndi iro anyi ihere maka na-aturu ilu si "a nyukoo amiri onu,o gbaa ofufu." Igbo ga-adi o!!! Ekelee m unu o!

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
I nominate plaetton

He has the right ideas...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
tomakint: This your voting don dey turn to one 'long thing' abeg when are you going to start announcing the new Eze and her female counterpart cool

The election usually take days, some times weeks before we conclude, the reason is to make sure all concerned igbos are carried along.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by YorubaOmoge: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
if tellswisdom declines, I nominate lefulefu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Well, it is not in mature to make everyone agree or believe in my view, my concern though is his/her comment might attract negative attentions on this thread by so doing this thread might get derailed. Derailing the thread is my concern his/her mindset or view doesn't bother me in anyway.

Ha ha ha.
If you are so concerned about the integrity of the thread, then why don't you offer a serious refutation or counter argument to my posts?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

I wonder who is the dull head in here?

It is only backwards and unsophisticated cultures that are always beholden to degenerate fads and crazes.

Mr Sophisticated culture, I wasn't gonna reply you out of the respect of the thread, but like Afam said, tolerance of views is key. However, coming here to announce your "sophisticated" culture is only makes you look more ignorant. There are several cultures within Nigeria and around the world practicing monarchy, YET, they are not backward. From the Arabs to the Europeans to some Africa, CULTURE is highly respected. It's because of this "unsophisticated culture" that makes "unsophisticated people" like us interact lively, amongst ourselves, speak our language without fear...

Bia nwokem, don't me make get on your case o, biko ejim chineke ayo gi, carry yourself out of this thread.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Team Plaetton....

Plaeatton should be king of the black Jews of Nairaland....
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ngwakwe: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
You forget to add that Ndigbo of those days were going about Nake'd or almost Nake'd.

That Cassava, Plantain, Indomie and other staple foods were borrowed and integrated into our Culture

plaetton: Nonnsense.

Progressive Igbos should steer clear of this Ezeship nonsense wherever it rears its ugly head.
I find it very condescending and self-deprecating.
Ezeship in Igboland is an alien concept that has, and continues to bring nothing but division and chaos in Igboland.

There is absolutely no place for an autocratic monarchy in Igbo culture.
The Igbo mind is not hotwired for submission to any sort of autocratic rule.
The Ezeship was an improvisation by colonial rulers to enhance the efficiency of their own rule.
It is the typical divide and rule system, where they attempted to create a ruling class and ruling families, similar to what they had obtained in other cultures in Nigeria.

In modern times, the monetisation of Igbo culture has further brought this alien concept of Ezeship into greater ridicule, because, now, any and every overfed psychopath is able to vie for, buy, or murder his way into the so-called Ezeship, and thereafter, lay claim to bogus royal lineage.

Look across Igboland and see for yourself the havoc that the endless wars,divisions, litigations and rancour brought about by Ezeship tussles.
If Ezeship was an original Igbo tradition, there would have been no need for all these problems.

What is so nauseating about this whole nonsense, is the manifestly self-deprecating craze to have " The Eze Indigbo "Of this of this, and " The Eze Indigbo" of that.
It seems that every pot hole in Nigeria and in the diaspora must have its own "Eze Indigbo".

C'mon brethren, stop debasing your culture , heritage and identity.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2013
manny4life:

Mr Sophisticated culture, I wasn't gonna reply you out of the respect of the thread, but like Afam said, tolerance of views is key. However, coming here to announce your "sophisticated" culture is only makes you look more ignorant. There are several cultures within Nigeria and around the world practicing monarchy, YET, they are not backward. From the Arabs to the Europeans to some Africa, CULTURE is highly respected. It's because of this "unsophisticated culture" that makes "unsophisticated people" like us interact lively, amongst ourselves, speak our language without fear...

Bia nwokem, don't me make get on your case o, biko ejim chineke ayo gi, carry yourself out of this thread.

You are getting emotional for no reason.
I am not here to brew a storm. I am Igbo just like you, and I am certainly entitled to my opinion.
I am in a public forum, full of my Igbo brethren, saying that the "Eze Ndigbo of this and the Eze Indigbo of that" is very silly and self-deprecating fad . I gave my reasons for believing so.
If you disagree with me, which everyone entitled to, pls offer us, especially me, the reasons why it is not so. I am eager to be properly educated, in case I am missing something.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Emmy9898: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
I humbly nominate OnlyTruth

He is born to lead.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by plaetton: 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: You forget to add that Ndigbo of those days were going about Nake'd or almost Nake'd.

That Cassava, Plantain, Indomie and other staple foods were borrowed and integrated into our Culture

Yeah? So next we will be having Eze Indi idomie and plantain?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Afam4eva(m): 3:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

I am not here to brew a storm. I am Igbo just like you, and I am certainly entitled to my opinion.
I am in a public forum, full of my Igbo brethren, saying that the "Eze Ndigbo of this and the Eze Indigbo of that" is very silly and self-deprecating fad . I gave my reasons for believing so.
If you disagree with me, which everyone entitled to, pls offer us, especially me, the reasons why it is not so. I am eager to be properly educated, in case I am missing something.
The world is progressive so is culture. There are things we used to do before in the name of culture which we don't do no more. The fact that at one point Igbo nculture was a certain way doesn't mean it will remain like that forever. We we must endeavor to keep alive are the very important ingredients that make Igbos. By the way there's nothing autocratic about this process. This is a process that seeks to forestall someone that will serve as a figure head sort of when Igbos are concerned. That doesn't in anyway take away your personal opinion or belief. Igbos will remain individualistic for a long time to come and it's even evident in this thread and the fact that you have questioned this process shows that you're Nwa Afor.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
Vivipop: Umu igbo ndi oma e kelee m unu o. Obi di m noo uto mgbe m huru ihe edemede a. N'eziokwu,amaghi m ndi igbo niile no na nzuko a ofuma maka na o di nso nso m batara na nzuko a. N'ihi nke a, o nweghi onyem maara m ga-atunyere. Mana ka o dina,e nwere m nnukwu nchekwube n'unu ga-ahoputa onye tozuru etozu i bu Eze ndi igbo ebe a. Okpurupku okwu ozo m choro ikwu bu na ka anyi hapu ikpo onwe anyi iyi,hukorita onwe anyi n'anya,chetakwa ndi kporo anyi asi na -ele anyi ka ha hu mgbe anyi ga -ada.Biko,ka anyi gbakota isi onu n'ihunanya hoputa onye odibo ndi igbo ma menyekwa ndi iro anyi ihere maka na-aturu ilu si "a nyukoo amiri onu,o gbaa ofufu." Igbo ga-adi o!!! Ekelee m unu o!

Nne thank you for your support and your advice is noted. As you made mention that you are new here, i don't know if you are aware that we also have position for Eze Nwanyi, which is presently occupied by one of our daughter who won through the same formula we are using today to elect Eze Ndigbo NL. The name of our present Eze nwanyi is (ogugua). You can contact her and whichever way you can contribute to her leadership and move our women group forward will be recognized by your people ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:24pm On Feb 22, 2013
I nominate MANNY4LIFE AND AJO MMUO OKIJA.... PointB take note kia kia.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

Emotional? Dude have you been smo9king since today? You come online here write a whole page epistle why this is a very bad idea, how its condescending and self depreciating, and what have you and ended the epistle with "C'mon brethren, stop debasing your culture , heritage and identity." and like that wasn't enough, you complete the epistle with

After all these you say I'm emotional, emotional about gini, if I may ask?

You may or may not be Igbo, personally, I don't care and yes you're entitled to your opinions even a non-igbo is entitled to theirs, I'm not holding your opinion hostage, just that certain opinions should be challenged particularly, if these opinion undermine the capability and of a particular group of people. You making an unguarded comment such as the one in quote with the under;ying term "ONLY" triggers the ALARM.

It's either that you're new to NL or perhaps you've decided to align yourself which that which you are opposite of. If you know very well the purpose of this office, it was NEVER to control anyone or groups of people. When PointB set out to initiate this process, there was problem amongst us, and coming together under one umbrella with a guiding principle of a leader, a leader not to control anyone but to lead and establish, and enforce our principle, and this was the way to achieve it.... For you to seat comfortably and type this that it denigrate our well being is illusion at it's best.

There has been more positive than negative since the inception of this, despite the fact the fact that Odumchi resigned admirably, under him, there were founding guiding principles. There were reforms, several threads were dedicated to learning from culture, tradition, language, even our black history, "once upon a time". Look man, I appreciate your opinion but please don't insult us.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
plaetton:

Ha ha ha.
If you are so concerned about the integrity of the thread, then why don't you offer a serious refutation or counter argument to my posts?

The bolded part was your intention before posting that rubbish and i studied your motive from afar hence i seek mods help to get ride of your type out of this thread because this thread wasn't meant for such brainless argument.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
I nominate manny4life and ajo nmuo okija.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
manny4life:

Emotional? Dude have you been smo9king since today? You come online here write a whole page epistle why this is a very bad idea, how its condescending and self depreciating, and what have you and ended the epistle with "C'mon brethren, stop debasing your culture , heritage and identity." and like that wasn't enough, you complete the epistle with

After all these you say I'm emotional, emotional about gini, if I may ask?

You may or may not be Igbo, personally, I don't care and yes you're entitled to your opinions even a non-igbo is entitled to theirs, I'm not holding your opinion hostage, just that certain opinions should be challenged particularly, if these opinion undermine the capability and of some people. You making an unguarded comment such as the one in quote with the under;ying term "ONLY" triggers the ALARM.

It's either that you're new to NL or perhaps you've decided to align yourself which that which you are opposite of. If you know very well the purpose of this office, it was NEVER to control anyone or groups of people. When PointB set out to initiate this process, there was problem amongst us, and coming together under one umbrella with a guiding principle of a leader was way to achieve it.... In fact, why am I

Nwanne see, this is exactly what this chicken head expected i implored you to ignore him let move on, as you can see trollies had started nominating him already hehehe chei, abeg free that lizard let move on.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ngwakwe: 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
I learnt in Social Studies that Culture is dynamic, Ndigbo are progressives.

No people fight a war without a commander. No naw.

By the way, why not go and dissolve Eze Ndigbo Canada, Australia and other oversea counterparts.

If I investigate your background, I will definitely find out you have left worshiping Amadioha, Kamanu, Uke, Njoku and other god of our ancient people for the God of the white man.

Please mind yourself.

plaetton:

Yeah? So next we will be having Eze Indi idomie and plantain?

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:37pm On Feb 22, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Nwanne see, this is exactly what this chicken head expected i implored you to ignore him let move on, as you can see trollies had started nominating him already hehehe chei, abeg free that lizard let move on.

Bros, if you guys permit me, let me tutor him, in a respective manner. I so much dislike it when people have to insult us and yet they claim Igbo... Igbo gbakwa oku. If not, I'll let it go...

That I came out for who I am - A PROUD IGBO SON, yet communicate freely without fear even in Igbo is because of things like this, and yet, he writes his epistle out of sheer ignorance.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by lateef4me(m): 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2013
I nominate Manny4life though I don't know if my vote is valid.....
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, if you guys permit me, let me tutor him, in a respective manner. I so much dislike it when people have to insult us and yet they claim Igbo... Igbo gbakwa oku. If not, I'll let it go...

That I came out for who I am - A PROUD IGBO SON, yet communicate freely without fear even in Igbo is because of things like this, and yet, he writes his epistle out of sheer ignorance.

I like the spirit in the bolded part in your comment, nevertheless, i implored you and my other beloved bro Ngwakwe to ignore him, Silence is the best answer to a fool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (59) (Reply)

Mompha's Reaction To Bawa, EFCC Chairman's Sack / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / ‘this Is Not Kwara’ – Tinubu Kicks Against ‘O To Ge’ In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.