Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,718 members, 7,813,365 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28553 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
ckkris:

Then why do you prescribe 4300 stroke of cane.

you dey mind the bigot?

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deols(f): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
naptu2: The Lagos High Court ruled on Thursday, November 18, that no party or person can force Muslim girls to take off their hijab which, it maintained, is part and parcel of personal freedoms.

In October, the Lagos National Institute of Health and Technology banned Muslim students from entering classrooms, a decision backed by the state government.

Students Fatimo Abidemi Razak, Titilayo Sanni, Idiatu Asabi Ayinde and Sunbo Bada challenged the decision with the high court, asking that the ban be declared illegal and a breach of their rights.

Judge Olubunmi Oyewole of the High Court ruled that the ban was a breach of articles 38 and 42 of the Nigerian constitution.

He further said the institution failed to prove how hijab could spark a religious conflict.

The judge underscored that the institute, a public school funded by tax payers and owned by the Lagos state government, cannot operate outside the provisions of Constitution.

Refuting arguments that the students ought to abide by the institute’s regulations expressed in their admission letters, Oyewole said they did not waive their rights to their religious beliefs and practice merely because they accepted the admission letters.

wow. that is good news.

what are these girls waiting for. Every Muslim girl at every nook and cranny of Nigeria should come out to exhibit this right.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ignis: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2013
Let get this thing clear.
Does the school rules and regulations against the wearing of hijab?
The school constitution should be followed.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Psylas(m): 12:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
deols:

and d rules of the land(constitution)allows her to practice her religion.
to practics it where?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by lovejo(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:
And who told you that Ansar-ud-deen Grammar school was specifically for Muslims when the state government was running it?
I'm an alumnus of the school if you may know

I'm not saying specifically for muslim, but wearing hijab in such a school is not breaking any dress code.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Coldfeet(f): 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
POST DELETED!!!!!
COLDFEET BANNED!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Paschal007: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
jesusisgood:
Just having fun. Have you checked my profile?
Left me more confused. It's like you have been toying with a naughty idea. undecided

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by oliidell(m): 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2013
I didn't read all the previous comments, but 43 strokes of cane is inhuman, diabolic and totally unacceptable. Me I'm an advocate of freedom of religion, so even if the principal had an issue wit d girl's dressing, she shud hav contacted her parents. If any1 does dis to my child, God knows I'l do somtin crazy.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by oliidell(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
I didn't read all the previous comments, but 43 strokes of cane is inhuman, diabolic and totally unacceptable. Me I'm an advocate of freedom of religion, so even if the principal had an issue wit d girl's dressing, she shud hav contacted her parents. If any1 does dis to my child, God knows I'l do somtin crazy.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by oliidell(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
NB: I'm a christain

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by JoannaSedley(f): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
deols:

what are you driving at. what makes you think she falls into thw category of those who wear make up? she is 12 for God's sake
sure she didn't fall into that category but it is just a general comment on the issue of hijab.

A well made up face turn people on not the hair, so why cover it is my question.
Watching iranian press tv and their anchors' perfectly made face made me wore it once, so cool. Not this Nigerian girls shapeless style.

@topic, terrorist has poisoned peoples mind on anything Islam, for somebody to go that extreme just for a piece of hair covering; it is worrisome.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by babaireti(m): 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is outrageous,oppressive and barbaric,what an arrant disdain for Islam,the act was not only vindictive but also a reflection of cumulative grudges borne out of sheer intolerance for people of other Religion & faith.
The Principal should be punished for irresponsible behavior,to serve as a deterrent to the likes of hers,who are still primitive in their social,moral and cultural dispositions,honestly,Lagos should not be a place for a beast that she is.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by hadbak: 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: What is the essence of that hair covering?
see question! What's the essence of u wearing cloth?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by naptu2: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Thanks mods for unbanning me smiley

School rules and regulations cannot supersede the constitution of Nigeria, particularly when it is a public school, funded by citizens (including the girl's parents) taxes.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by JoannaSedley(f): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
hadbak: see question! What's the essence of u wearing cloth?
are you equating cloth to hair covering? That's absurd.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by naptu2: 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is one of the reasons I admired Dr Tai Solarin.

In the 1970s and '80s there was controversy over "morning assembly" in public schools. Non christians were made to pray in the christian way and non muslims were also made to pray in the muslim way at morning assembly.

Solarin was an atheist. He did not believe in God. However, at his school, Mayflower Ikenne, he established the "quiet hour". During the quiet hour, christians could go to a corner and pray in the christian way, muslims could go to a corner and pray in the muslim way and those who do not believe in God could quietly read their books.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Ngwakwe: 1:24pm On Feb 23, 2013
We have not heard the principal's side of the story.

What were other teachers doing when she was flogging the little chap 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.............43.

Haba

sharp man: This story does not make sense. It is clearly exaggerated.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adbaba(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2013
Religion 101.
Topic-religion a blessing,curse or insanity.
Read so many post so far,al i can deduct is dat both parties rite judging 4rm diff individual way they saw it.prophet Mohamed philosophy was peace,and d oda side, war against opression...xtian preach luv and tolerance tru Christ Jesus.wen i corelate both.i c dat both r sayin d same thin 'PEACE'.
But dat war against opresion is wat most people misinterpret tru ignorance selfish....matt 10 v 16...gentle as a dove and wise as serpent...it doesnt mean bite as a serpent.
It's high time we started folowin Holy books(quaran &bible) wit wisdom.
Nigeria wuld hv been peaceful if we had only AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGION.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
naptu2: This is one of the reasons I admired Dr Tai Solarin.

In the 1970s and '80s there was controversy over "morning assembly" in public schools. Non christians were made to pray in the christian way and non muslims were also made to pray in the muslim way at morning assembly.

Solarin was an atheist. He did not believe in God. However, at his school, Mayflower Ikenne, he established the "quiet hour". During the quiet hour, christians could go to a corner and pray in the christian way, muslims could go to a corner and pray in the muslim way and those who do not believe in God could quietly read their books.

Dr. Tai Solarin of blessed memory is an Educator per excellence.
The problem is that Nigeria lacks leaders who see things in an Unbiased way. Why will anyone want to force others to follow their own rigid way of thinking is what baffles me.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by jamst(m): 1:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
this incident was a kind of cruel & hatred dat i experienced 4rm 1 christian bus driver dat deliberately want 2 hit me wit his vehicle last month ago.and wit dis similar treatment of dis girl,which shows deep hatred the christian av 4 muslims...the time is coming,where there is going 2 be a religious conflict btw muslims & christian.(peace2all)
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ziccoit: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2013
ignis: Let get this thing clear.

Even when the school constitution ask your female children to attend school n.aked?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by COOLDUN: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
clemmonce: journalist and their exxageration 43 strokes ... wetin happen na lie jooor ...

Thank you my dear, that is where you see the muslims and their human rights teachings, these are same people that kill their daughters/sister for marrying a man outside their religion. These are people that slaughter other people for not converting to their religion. But when it comes to a story like this all of them will wake up with their red eyes.Trashing the girl is never supported but laws of any school authority must be respected.If the school has a mode of dressing it must be respected and complied by the students, or you look for another place.

There was a news where the VC of ABU Zaria refused the Catholic to build church in one of the campuses, i never heard many bashing of the muslims/Hausa/Fulani people as an anti Christians. Let all the religious fanatics continue their educations at their religion's established schools. I am happy to hear today that the yorubas are predominantly mislims, i never knew that the muslims are more in population in yoruba land. Thanks to this news today.

I want somebody to tell me the punishment melted on the yobe state muslim students that beheaded their woman tutor, for catching a girl student that was cheating in an examination with quran? Please can anyone tell me the outcome of the case and the punishment melted on those terrorist students? at least from their punishment we can can punish this principal.

4 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Richy4(m): 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

You guys seems to amaze me. Is that some of never attended secondary school in Nigeria?
What with this denial or exaggeration of a thing?

Are you saying that a 12 year old took 43 strokes? I went to government school. then flogging was supported. in fact teacher were not permitted to flog any student. a school sergeant was employed just to administer any kind of punishment. I cannot believe that a 12year old took 43 strokes in this GSM era when flogging is being frowned upon and she was not admitted to the hospital or even fainted.she may have been flogged which was not cool but not 43.please just count from 1 to 43.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 23, 2013
There are two sides to every story
Teacher oluwatoyin of Gombe was tortured and killed by Muslim students on allegation of desecrating the Koran ,when the truth came out,she merely stopped a student from cheating in a test,she grabbed the bag the student was cheating out of,set it outside and they claimed it had a Koran.,they clubbed her to death and decapitated her leaving her husband a widower and her young babies motherless and till date no justice has been served.

Gideon akaluka was dragged out of his truck in Kano and beheaded by Muslim youths who alleged his truck backed into a Koran on the floor.hisbhead was put on a stick and paraded all over Kano and his family got no justice.
A little girl in Pakistan almost suffered the same fate recently but for the fact that God worked on her behalf and exposed the lies
Have we all forgotten the Koran flushing tales by US soldiers that turned out to be a hoax and tales made up by Muslims to incite violence and hatred.

The stories are uncountable.

Muslims are used to using their religion as excuses when they err or when punished
They marry a child,they tell you Islam allows it and Islam is above the law of the land

This woman is a principal at a school which is multi ethnic and multi religious
No where did we read that she was crazy
If this is the first day this girl wore a hijab and the only one.ever to do so there then this tale by moonlight could be considered.

I believe with all my heart that this is not what happened
Muslims are as usual using their religious practice as excuse to get rid of a non muslim school principal and cover up a disobedient 12 year old
This is their tried and true method of operation even here in the USA.
The truth will soon be out

[size=18pt]SHe is lucky this happened in Lagos state where an investigation has a chance of being fair,(if something else doesn't overshadow the truth)
If this were in Kano,we would have been reading an obituary.[/size]

How did a 12 year old survive 43 strokes from an adult
Is she now in intensive care unit at LUTH or LASUTH?

Believe this you will believe anything

11 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by hadbak: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
ignis: Let get this thing clear.
Is the lagos state constitution against d use of Hijab?
Is 43 strokes of the cane part of d schl rules n regulation for a 12yr old on wearing d Hijab?
If ur 12yr child came from sch crying n told u he/she was floged 43 strokes of d cane for wearing a rosery, how will u feel? I'm sure u will go to d schl n shake hands with d teacher for following d sch constitutn right? Ur begining to sound like the wicked principal.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by blackmale1: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
sharp man: This story does not make sense. It is clearly exaggerated.
true talk,sounds way out off proportion, we have only heard one side of the story(MSSN),but so many people are passing judgement already
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ngwakwe: We have not heard the principal's side of the story.

What were other teachers doing when she was flogging the little chap 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.............43.

Haba

Thank you
I do not believe this story one bit and when the other side speaks,I will quote myself grin
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deluckiest(m): 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia: She should be fired immediately.then she should be sued for discrimination that threatens the peace of Lagos and Nigeria at large.

Failure to act by the authorities is not an option.otherwise this Christian ignorance built on fanaticism and extreme hatred for Muslims would continue.

The hater should be arrested and taken to court.and I hope one of her punishments would be to double the beating 10 times and give her 430 strokes of the cane.then according to the bible in Corinthians,she (the principal) should have her head shaved for not covering her own head.we are not living in a Christian country.

Must you always drag christianity and quotation from the bible in your comments? The post doesn't state the principal is a christian. Besides, no one supports her action which has been roundly condemned. Please, let christianity be and focus on your belief. Thank you.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by eagleeye2: 2:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Richy.:

Are you saying that a 12 year old took 43 strokes? I went to government school. then flogging was supported. in fact teacher were not permitted to flog any student. a school sergeant was employed just to administer any kind of punishment. I cannot believe that a 12year old took 43 strokes in this GSM era when flogging is being frowned upon and she was not admitted to the hospital or even fainted.she may have been flogged which was not cool but not 43.please just count from 1 to 43.

you may or may not believe it, but for the fact that I have been a victim of such inhumane treatment at a very tender age (14years,) I would equally not have believed it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.