Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,846 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54977 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:12am On Mar 02, 2013
victorian: Guys pouring their hearts out... But come to think of it,how many men are marriageable, I mean in quote independent, caring, hardworking ( with real jobs o!... Not 419 , or yahoo or Ritualists or human parts dealers or even cultists....) then loyal.. But some expect girls , to go an extra mile on cosmetic surgeries , when we all know the dangers involved if not done adequately in a very good hospital. Do you know how much it will cost to travel abroad, air tickets, surgical bills to get the procedures done.. No be by mouth o... It involves huge money! So many girls have died thru cutting corners in looking extra bootylicious or big breasted.
Then some talk about cereals, to slim down? It's a good idea, but fresh fruits, vegetables and other foods that are less in calories, costs more than Garri and fufu.. High calories foods are affordable to buy in Nija, when her salary every month has already gallop Tfare, taking care of parents, siblings, clothings and feeding.
So when guys r saying that women av over inflated desires, that's why some r still single till 30yrs, I just shake my head.. A female frnd of mine has been dating her firstlovefor the past 15yrs. Just be patient...don't be pressured .

How many times will someone tell u girls that for the fact that a man has dated you for 8 years doesn't guanrantee that he will marry u. Why would u date a man for 8 years sef. The man in question apparently doesn't know wat he wants. I repeat that courtship shouldn't exceed 2yrs.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:21am On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
To complement men...

To help men cos men suck on their own. angry
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 3:27am On Mar 02, 2013
1. Indecision

2. Inability to be assertive
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:28am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: I totally disagree with you tell me more to corroborate your take on marriage lolz
marriage is useless, a woman/wife won't add anything good to my life.
Like I said I washed my hands.
@ Deols seriously why did u ban me? Hiding my posts wasn't enough?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:29am On Mar 02, 2013
MOELLIOTT: Long one - but no short way of saying it! It is not an issue peculiar to Nigeria. It is worldwide.

I haven't read all the thread, but I read one that said something about family.
One mature matching website said for every man they have, they have over 10 women. For age 40's, the statistics are even worse than 30's. Women generally outlive men, so right into later life, there would be more single women either never married, divorced, widowed, etc!

This issue of female singlehood can be less an issue in societies were polygamy and female infanticide (killing of female children or foetuses)is practised.

Is there a general solution? Maybe not. Except the gender imbalance is redressed through more male/less female childen being born. If that were to happen, it still takes a few decades for the new births to grow too. So realistically, not an immediate answer. But on an individual basis, one can seek to encourage young women to marry earlier than male counterparts, so they don't find the pool of men they can chose from is less in size. For the older ones who are still hopeful, be realistic and review your criteria. There is less and less to pick from.

And that is just the truth right there.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 3:41am On Mar 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

To help men cos men suck on their own. angry
Dang! Which means women suck more cause you were created from a man. So, if a man sucks after creation, imagine taking a part from a man in creating you. That definitely made women suck more cause they aint standalone beings, always dependent of men. If you doubt me, how were you created?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:42am On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
Dang! Which means women suck more cause you were created from a man. So, if a man sucks after creation, imagine taking a part from a man in creating you. That definitely made women suck more cause they aint standalone beings, always dependent of men. If you doubt me, how were you created?

angry angry angry
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 3:44am On Mar 02, 2013
kandiikane:

Lmfao! Listen I am very Young, this is the age I should be catching fun and education. I don't need to worry about the fact that I'm single until I clock 25. cool
Then when u do clock 25 and God forbids it but u still remain single, will u then toast and propose to the guy u truely admire?.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 3:47am On Mar 02, 2013
Fhemmmy: Cos now most men are no more going for women with no career.
Cos most women are no more into being an housewife
Cos some men are scared of ready made women
Cos some women are only looking for some quality that are found in [b]barbie dolls
[/b]
As funny as this seems, its realistic...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 3:49am On Mar 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

angry angry angry

Thats just the ugly truth...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
Thats just the ugly truth...

Are you serious? What the hell are you high on?

*unfollowing* kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by JMystique(m): 3:59am On Mar 02, 2013
In Nigerias case,among other factors I would say unemployment.Check it most guys who shuda put a ring on it in their late 20s or early 30's are either unemployed or hustling with some underpaying job.How many guys in their 20's or early 30s are doing well enough to marry in naija?Still I agree that our naija women no dey help matters smtyms

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 4:03am On Mar 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Are you serious? What the hell are you high on?

*unfollowing* kiss kiss
High on? Now thats ridiculous...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
High on? Now thats ridiculous...

Just kidding oo

Take these kisses: kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 4:15am On Mar 02, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Just kidding oo

Take these kisses: kiss kiss kiss kiss
I was wondering if you were high yourself...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 02, 2013
dmcdad:
I was wondering if you were high yourself...

shocked shocked shocked

You want to fight dirty?

Oya read my PM
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sike(m): 4:30am On Mar 02, 2013
realdon:

What defines the word'less'?

Aiming too high is the genesis of all these problems. Ladies tends tend to b materialistic than realistic.

May God help us all
[size=25]Gbammmmm![/size]
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Originalsly: 4:35am On Mar 02, 2013
Materialism.Looking for Mr Right while they are Ms Wrong. Either been too holy or...lived like ashawo.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by COOLDUN: 4:55am On Mar 02, 2013
This trade have reminded me of a friend who is very well to do, God fearing ,and respectful guy who is an importer , he has a company in India that produces clothes/wears and other items which he export to other West African countries.

This my guy met a lady on facebook last years November/December from Essan Edo state, her mother ‘s place, while her father is from one town in Delta state. She is a lawyer based at Abuja, in her 30s, this my friend liked the girl and was very serious to go for her, because he said that he love ladies from 27 to 30s, they were communicating mutually well until my friend tested her, by telling her that he is no body but a hard working man who is trying to be somebody in future.

From that day the girl began to play a sick girl whenever my guy calls her, always giving flimsy excuses, some days she will not pick his calls, when she picks it will I am very sick and can’t talk to you now. My guy took it as a test to see if he really liked her, this happened until she finally stopped picking my guy’s calls. She recently deleted my friend from her facebook list.

She did that immediately my guy told her that he was nobody, all the days they were discussing the girl was very excited and ready to see my guy, but when she heard that word she systematically withdrew herself.

I agree with some people who said that materialism is one of the reasons many girls expire in their parent’s house and opt to a single parent as a consolation prize.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by paulkhalifa(m): 5:11am On Mar 02, 2013
COOLDUN: This trade have reminded me of a friend who is very well to do, God fearing ,and respectful guy who is an importer , he has a company in India that produces clothes/wears and other items which he export to other West African countries.

This my guy met a lady on facebook last years November/December from Essan Edo state, her mother ‘s place, while her father is from one town in Delta state. She is a lawyer based at Abuja, in her 30s, this my friend liked the girl and was very serious to go for her, because he said that he love ladies from 27 to 30s, they were communicating mutually well until my friend tested her, by telling her that he is no body but a hard working man who is trying to be somebody in future.

From that day the girl began to play a sick girl whenever my guy calls her, always giving flimsy excuses, some days she will not pick his calls, when she picks it will I am very sick and can’t talk to you now. My guy took it as a test to see if he really liked her, this happened until she finally stopped picking my guy’s calls. She recently deleted my friend from her facebook list.

She did that immediately my guy told her that he was nobody, all the days they were discussing the girl was very excited and ready to see my guy, but when she heard that word she systematically withdrew herself.

I agree with some people who said that materialism is one of the reasons many girls expire in their parent’s house and opt to a single parent as a consolation prize.
But you can't blame them too no one will see a man with a range rover and marry someone with a bicycle think about it

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 02, 2013
one cause: NIGERIAN WAY OF LIFE. MATERIALISM , YOUR MATERIALISTIC SOCIETY IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THAT undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 5:19am On Mar 02, 2013
Fhemmmy: Cos now most men are no more going for women with no career.
Cos most women are no more into being an housewife
Cos some men are scared of ready made women
Cos some women are only looking for some quality that are found in [b]barbie dolls
[/b]
As funny as this seems, its realistic...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bigsheg(m): 5:22am On Mar 02, 2013
I think "marriageable" men have become endangered species due to the "nigerian situation"...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: one cause: NIGERIAN WAY OF LIFE. MATERIALISM , YOUR MATERIALISTIC SOCIETY IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THAT undecided
As there is nothing like that existing in Cameroon. So, Cameroonians carry lone faces due to poverty and hungry life.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by COOLDUN: 5:27am On Mar 02, 2013
paul_khalifa:
But you can't blame them too no one will see a man with a range rover and marry someone with a bicycle think about it

But do you know that a man with bicycle today can own an airplane tomorrow? When a woman marry her own husband and both work hard they can acquire wealth in their own contented ways. Good thing is good, but it can be acquired through hard work by the couples.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by paulkhalifa(m): 5:33am On Mar 02, 2013
COOLDUN:

But do you know that a man with bicycle today can own an airplane tomorrow? When a woman marry her own husband and both work hard they can acquire wealth in their own contented ways. Good thing is good, but it can be acquired through hard work by the couples.
That's true but who wants to wait??

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by pomporiking: 5:41am On Mar 02, 2013
They don't want to be the full housewife husbands keep taking advantage of cos they have nothing to do..women now are working and getting the masters and phd men are also going after,so now they have money and can do what they like and not listen to what the man says everytime
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:43am On Mar 02, 2013
all4naija: As there is nothing like that existing in Cameroon. So, Cameroonians carry lone faces due to poverty and hungry life.
of course there is materialism in Cameroon,but not as much as in Nigeria. Let's end here.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by FXKing2012(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2013
Women who are single in their 30s are usually very proud and unsubmissive ladies.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by betadaz: 6:13am On Mar 02, 2013
@OP simple answer: Supply pass demand, yet price refuse to fall... hence continuous rise in stock.

Time for promo! Get 3 for the price of 1...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Reference(m): 6:21am On Mar 02, 2013
COOLDUN: This trade have reminded me of a friend who is very well to do, God fearing ,and respectful guy who is an importer , he has a company in India that produces clothes/wears and other items which he export to other West African countries.

It boils down to what I said earlier. Preparation. Few these days know what a wife is, fewer know what role a wife should play and a miniscule number take time to develop themselves into one. So when they all hit the shop window you have that huge gap between adverts and the genuine article.

Not blaming them entirely. The society fosters upon them huge and unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 02, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich / A Slay Queen Lists Out The Qualities She Wants In A Man. See The Reply She Got / My Fiancee Used Butt Pad And Bra To Deceive Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.