Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54982 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by YorubaOmoge: 1:38am On Mar 02, 2013
jaijay:
SMH! Very soon! Surely e go clear 4 ur eyez like PLASMA!

Is it by force to marry in Nigeria?
And y'all wonder why your marriages are failing.
Keep forcing "already dead before it started" marriages on your daughters and sisters.
Mtchewww

#NigeriaWillForeverBe<<<===
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by coogar: 1:39am On Mar 02, 2013
NOIBMUUL: I'll like to pitch my tent with what an elderly man once told me; if a lady is above 30 with no husband or is not already in a serious relationship then she should check her behaviour. And also if a man isn't married or in a serious relationship at the same age, he should get serious. Unfortunately, these traits are easily recognisable from some of the comments here!

We just need to re-align our values, carefully select our priorities and yes of course lead a realistic life.
I'm careful not to put blame on the family (parents) because 'pikin whey go spoil go spoil!!!'

times have changed - a lot of young men know when to marry but many can't even afford the cost these days. the economy and the number of years youths spend acquiring degrees are the factors pushing the the age to the early/mid 30s
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by wirinet(m): 1:42am On Mar 02, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.

here is the scale of preference for ladies;

1. Happily Married with a loving caring, young and well to do husband.

2. Happily married with a not so loving, not so young and not so well to do husband.

3. Marrying a widower or a divorced man with children

4. Being a second wife to an already married but caring man.

5. Being a single mother with some support from the father.

6. Being a single mother without any support from the father.

7. Remaining childless and se.xless for the rest of your life.

I am sure very few ladies would choose the last option if it foretold that they would not get the first 2 options.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 1:42am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Can you even speak English?
Write .. Seun is yet to add voice tags loucy prick Mr know it all lmao
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 1:43am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by wirinet(m): 1:43am On Mar 02, 2013
luvmijeje: If u are above 30 and u still single pls don't settle for less.I know it is easier said than done but what is the use of getting married and u re unhappy.
Pls don't let society pressurize u into making a wrong choice.
'Why are there high rate of divorcee and single mothers' are threads that people should open on NL.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 1:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: Write .. Seun is yet to add voice tags loucy prick Mr know it all lmao

Is this in Ijesha?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 1:44am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Write .. Seun is yet to add voice tags loucy prick Mr know it all lmao
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by YorubaOmoge: 1:46am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Platinum-solid ikebe.

Hard and firm like the Golden Gate Bridge twin suspenders.

grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 02, 2013
kandiikane:

Lmfao! Listen I am very Young, this is the age I should be catching fun and education. I don't need to worry about the fact that I'm single until I clock 25. cool
yeah I know but remember they all talked/started like you: I don't need to worry etc, we know how they ended. cheesy grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 1:49am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yeah I know but remember they all talked/started like you: I don't need to worry etc, we know how they ended. cheesy grin grin

Yep, like yóu at 40 alone with an.al beads in azz every night. tongue
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 1:50am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE

Which thread be that, I don single pass nah abi you wan rewind me?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly: CAMEROONPRIDE

Which thread be that, I don single pass nah abi you wan rewind me?
how old are u?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Is this in Ijesha?
I know u one on one so go ahead playing chicken shit., no thanks to ur ND Certf (BUSTED
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 1:54am On Mar 02, 2013
I am old
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 02, 2013
Seriously if you want to get married do it early, na waaa ooo 30 ? To start pooping babies at 40?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:55am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly: I am 10 + 8
what's the majority in Nigeria?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 1:56am On Mar 02, 2013
Seriously if you want to get married do it early, na waaa ooo 30 ? To start pooping babies at 40?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by bomly(f): 1:59am On Mar 02, 2013
what's the majority in Nigeria?

That's for that thread, If we export that matter come this thread nah yawa fit gas. Okay anyway I think we just got to look beyond the name and the act.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2013
Nairarealman: I know u one on one so go ahead playing chicken shit., no thanks to ur ND Certf (BUSTED

English? You struggle with it?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by kandiikane(m): 2:02am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Seriously if you want to get married do it early, na waaa ooo 30 ? To start pooping babies at 40?

Lmao, google it. wink
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly:

That's for that thread, If we export that matter come this thread nah yawa fit gas. Okay anyway I think we just got to look beyond the name and the act.
still waiting the answer ?? grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by MOELLIOTT(f): 2:15am On Mar 02, 2013
No short way of saying it! It is not an issue peculiar to Nigeria. It is worldwide.

I haven't read all the thread, but I read one that said something about family and home training. It is not exclusively so and more a misconception. There are now many many decent, well raised, "untouched" ladies who are still single.

A few points to note - the population/demography is such that more women than men are born. Men are increasingly marrying much later in life, which implies more women are going to be left waiting. When the man in his early 30's finally decides to marry, he is likely to go for a woman in her mid to late 20's. This means he has passed or reached down, leaving an age band in between. Conversely, if a man were marrying in his mid 20's, he'll most likely marry someone only a few years younger. If he were marrying in his 30's, the scope he can chose from becomes wider - for some anything from 20-30 years - implying he has more women to pick from. For the woman, it means even "mathematically" the probabilities are stacked higher against her.

For as long as more women are being born, and men delay marrying it would continue to remain a challenge.

One mature matching website said for every man they have, they have over 10 women.

Is there a general solution? Maybe not. Except the gender imbalance is redressed through more male/less female children being born. If that were to happen, it still takes a few decades for the new births to grow too. So realistically, not an immediate answer. But on an individual basis, one can seek to encourage young women to marry earlier than male counterparts, so they don't find the pool of men they can chose from is less in size. For the older ones who are still hopeful, be realistic and review your criteria. There is less and less to pick from.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 2:22am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

English? You struggle with it?
Seriously son u need to grow up DANG
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:25am On Mar 02, 2013
sadeiyare: Why were women created in the first place
To complement men...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:25am On Mar 02, 2013
Mamacita007: Its this kind of post that make many women rush into the wrong marriage even when deres no love just to please people and to stop them from talking. Is not better to wait for the right person than to marry becos u're almost 30?
You are right sist
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:27am On Mar 02, 2013
delkuf: U guys are failing to look at it from another angle. LUV is fading away. there is no true luv any more
Yeah you are right... Thats worth taking cognizance of
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:31am On Mar 02, 2013
Charliemorgano: NAIJA LADIES IN CATEGORY
18-25....60% Young Uni Students in flexing age struggling to sleep with rich daddys for financial assistance
25-30....70% Dating One married man or the Other...Lecturer/Boss/LandLord etc(friendship with benefit)...some still continue in their 30s driving brand new cars courtesy of chiarman
30-35....50% of them Praying for Ceremonial husband that will give them a child while keeping the Chiarman as side attraction...Am not in a rush for Marriage i wana be ready made.lols
Chei!!! Men don finish this thread ooo
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nairarealman: 2:44am On Mar 02, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: dude u don't need a wife to b happy. Your family and your friends are there for your happiness. Are you aware that men die earlier than women? Blame their wahala they too much. If you want to die old and enjoy the fruit of your work don't get married.
I totally disagree with you tell me more to corroborate your take on marriage lolz
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:49am On Mar 02, 2013
There is also early age marriage contribution. Without proper understanding of marriage many end up being impregnated and jump out of the relationship early with a child or more. If you look to most of their background they thought early marriage is always good. Another thing, blame the society on coercing people to get married.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:56am On Mar 02, 2013
bomly: When did being single at 30 become sin? or become a thing of immoral? Naija we don start again with our one sided mindset. There is sure possibility that some may not even want to get married or are trying to face other more important life issues, however this is seen I really think this is more an individual issue.

Nope. It only becomes a sin when u're forty, ur eggs are frozen and none of ur age mates wants to marry u. This is when u cn now be a sugar mum and pay younger guys to "love" you.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 02, 2013
Sagamite:

Obviously.

But how many women are like Halle or even Tiwa Savage in their 30s. undecided

Even Tiwa savage as pretty as she must have been when she was younger, age is beginning to tell on her face. I always new the babe was quite old despite the make up and hip dressing. It's not about the make up and dressing. There just exist a perceived awaresness that he lady in question is passing a prime stage. I can't explain it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Fiancee Used Butt Pad And Bra To Deceive Me / Man Walks Out On His Date Who Ordered Takeaway Of N7K For Her Friends / I Just Caught My Man Jerking Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.