Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Marriage Proposal On Phone? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal On Phone? (12265 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by redsun(m): 11:08am On Mar 24, 2008
Marriage is more or less irelevant this days,it is a fading man made institution,just like religion,oyibo man traditions.

What is relevant is understanding and compromise.The moment you are with a person,be and give your best,married or not.Any thing short of good is unnecessary.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by mekaboy(m): 11:45am On Mar 24, 2008
Hmmmm,

I wonder why people place so much value on less important issues, Eg. How are guy proposed, The kind of Ring for the Wedding, How the honey moon was spent. All these things will not guaranty a successful marriage. There are people who proposed in the most romantic manner and environment, even with the most expensive rings and the best honey moon ever. Where are they today? .

So how the proposal was made and all that should not be the major issue, but how to make the marriage succeed. Well the guy even tried to call on fone to propose. I could propose with text message or email, LOL.

or haven't u see movies where they even write it on paper and the lady accept with joy? Nigerian women sef, una too form, wetin them go do for una, na too much movie dey worry una.

Your even lucky u are living in this modern age where a guy has to propose, in the days of your parents,O the guy will just bring drink and the parents accept, the next thing your called from the kitchen and your told, ( THIS YOUNG MAN HERE IS YOUNG MAN SITTING HERE IS YOUR HUSBAND).

In todays world where the ratio is 600women to 1man, you even see a man that is willing to propose and u dont like the way he did it, ok, dont accept him and see when another man will come around, may be you might be the one to be proposing .

lol
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by yongbabe(f): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
@PurestBoy

I am talking of correct diamond ring, and you are talking of emotion type of ring!

@ Gamine

u no serious grin grin

@ wol
1 love to u too kiss

@mekaboy

i am not that desperate to accept a guys proposal, just because there are 600 ladies to 1 man.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by iz2much: 12:56pm On Mar 24, 2008
wol:

oh baby, correct. ee bee like say you bee beter christian cha, abee na lie a talk. plenty girls dey wey dey find that kind of chance wey never fit get am ohh, abee how see see am? take am easy oo, no make yanga too much ooooo. i like your way cha. one love to yong babe grin cool kiss

Chai Guy/Babe?

Anyway sha i think the guy is somehw shy to do that, so the best option he is left wit is his Phones
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Gfrey(m): 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2008
proposin on d phone is nt jus abt 're-inventing d old 4 d new' bt abt other factors like distance,job issues,location e.t.c. amongst other things,

By d way u can nt begin 2 propose to an 'ultimate stranger', u hav 2 hav been getting along 4 quite awhile b4 u start thinkn of signing d 'dotted lines' of committment,

I would personally subscribe 2 anything dat WORKS!, besides, proposing is jst a step, 4 d relationshp 2 succed both parties must b ready 2 make it work,

Anyway,if u are oportuned 2 see her face 2 face why nt?, bt if nt, b4 using d 'phone method' make sure u r well acquinted wit her and u intend 2 'follow up'd phone method with a vist 2 consolidate things,

THERE IS NO USE 2 STOP BEING CREATIVE AS LONG AS UR CREATIVITY PRODUCES MAXIMALLY 4 U!

wishn u d Best!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Rafaell(m): 7:15pm On Mar 24, 2008
whhiaaack!!
Datz crazy!! Whos doin dat?!
U mean after all de years of toasting chicks; givin them nice time out; cordinating four(4) chicks at same time; havin chicks fight ova U; and all de rest heck we used to see wit them babies, then U go sart proposin ova de phone?!!

Damn U must me a dull dull dude, Men! Hire a chopper and throw down balloons into a state govt. house where u must have invited her for lunch, wit de balloons saying,

"Jenni, I love U so much & I want to spend de rest o'my life wit U, Will U marry me?"
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by trendy(f): 11:49am On Mar 25, 2008
one the phone marriage no be moin-moin
are we going to be living our lives on the phone?
damn the reasons jare
i wont take it lightly o
na winch? lipsrsealed
what happens to all my dreams of candle light dinner cheesy sweet, slow music cheesy
no phone for me jor grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Elgaxton(m): 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2008
I think its dry proposing to a lady on the phone.

How she go take know sey the guy serious na, what about the ring?

Na phone e wan for marry the babe?

If he is ready they should meet face to face, eyeball to eyeball then drop the yans.

I can't even chyke a babe over the phone,

Its better u face the lady and see her emotions and know where to come from. wink

All the best
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Elgaxton(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2008
trendy:

damn the reasons jare
i wont take it lightly o
na winch? lipsrsealed
what happens to all my dreams of candle light dinner cheesy sweet, slow music cheesy
no phone for me jor grin

You really like it Trendy ha? grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by pretty22(f): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2008
there is nothing wrong wt dt proposal d fact has to do wt if u really love him
ok let me say u loved ds guy & hv dated him 4 sometime nw so i guess u r even prayin silently 4 ds guy to jst propose to u grin but when d prayers was finally answered what happened, na u knw oo
Gal 2 wrongs can't make a right uh,
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by trendy(f): 11:32am On Mar 26, 2008
Elgaxton:

You really like it Trendy ha? grin grin

lipsrsealed i dont like phone one, i like all the romantic nonsense tongue
No matter how i want to marry a guy sef
i dont say yes immediately
am so gonna tease that man sha cheesy
i dey sorry for am in advance grin

come imagine someone proposing to me on the phone
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by redsun(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2008
A girl's best friend,diamond,meanwhiles diamond lives forever,while the girl is but a bubble.

Man made illusions,misplaced priorities.Love is unconditional.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Elgaxton(m): 12:03pm On Mar 26, 2008
trendy:

lipsrsealed i don't like phone one, i like all the romantic nonsense tongue
No matter how i want to marry a guy sef
i don't say yes immediately
am so going to tease that man sha cheesy
i dey sorry for am in advance grin

come imagine someone proposing to me on the phone

You go tease the man eh? ok make u make sure sey u go fit hold am

when him see som1 else b4 u finally agree o, grin

shey na babes dey talk am sey guys are scarce these days :d
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by yongbabe(f): 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2008
trendy:

damn the reasons jare
i wont take it lightly o
na winch? lipsrsealed

no phone for me jor grin

abi ohh!
am i suppose to throw ma dreams away?
i feel sorry 4 your guy o! but make i no lie i go tease 2 lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by ojet21: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2008
hmmm, I would say most ladies dont want to see things from a different perspective,

I personall see nothing wrong in proposing over the fone, depending on the circumstances, all depends on thye personal values of those involved.

I am a living testimony,

dated my college buddy for 'bout 6 yrs, we had our issues, broke up but still remained very good friends,

when it was time to get 'responsible', the natural drift was to her, yeah i did propose over the fone, and we were married legally withing 4 weeks, had to fly to lagos over a weekend to do the paper works and the traditional rites,

She never joined me till bout 4 months later, we have since been living happily together thereafter, (counting 2 years now!)

I would say the hype bout marriage proposals and the ceremonies is unnecessary, folks in the diaspora are more quilty of this!,

The whole essence of marriage is to have a partner, a friend, the processs leading to that is not the most important,

On the lighter side, how many ladies in the house will really mind being proposed to on the fone by some 'she' truly' loves? food for thots !!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by TerrySoft(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
A proposal is a proposal - period!!!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by BTT(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
TerrySoft:

A proposal is a proposal - period!!!!!

Plus creativity is an issue here.

Poposals are human creations, create them right for your babe. if your creativity takes you to the phone, be creative about it and let her go to the rooftop with how crazy you drove her.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by sonkky: 10:13am On Mar 27, 2008
i think marriage proposals on phone is not the best.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Coldasiyce(m): 1:16pm On Mar 28, 2008
on the phone?! how nonchalant can u get?!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by oxpenny(m): 3:33pm On Mar 28, 2008
[b]I don't think marriage proposal has any lay down procedure. What matter is whether the parties involved are in love or not
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by nottyproff: 7:06pm On Mar 28, 2008
No be small something O!

The main question is if he proposes the way you have always dreamt of, will you accept the proposal. If your answer is YES, then there is no issue if he proposes through a 'walkee talkee'. But if your answer is no because it is through a walkee talkee, then your answer should always be a no. Cause you may never know, the method he will use may not always be what you have always wanted.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2008
i found myself making my intentions known to my girl on phone though i thought it would be better if we met face to face but man if i had come out and say it she did not expect it to be like that
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Sholeyb: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2008
My husband proposed to me over the phone, because he was abroad. I believe that as long as both of you love each other and know that the other is genuine, this should not be a problem.

To be honest I would have preferred a face to face proposal, which he did at a later stage. But of course, I said YES over the telephone,LOL!!!!!!

We have been together for 9 years now and love each other more as each day passes.

Sometimes, we should cut other people some slack. U don’t know why the guy proposed on phone, shame fit dey catch am!!!!!!!
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by manishmonu: 2:28pm On Apr 01, 2008
if u want sex,,,then what u do.ur's husband is not in your home??
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Sholeyb: 4:08pm On Apr 01, 2008
My husband & I live together now, it was just that we were in different continents when he proposed. And we had been dating for 2 years. NOte the word 'was'

The main question to ask is 'why do I feel bad that he proposed on phone'?
a) is it because of what people will say
b) is it becuase of my mind set of how a proposal should be made
C)is it because this is the way it  is done in my family, village etc
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by bank2112(f): 1:14am On Apr 05, 2008
i met a guy on wed 26th of last month n on the 30th he proposed on the phone. i just got so interrested i cut the phone.Personally i dont fancy it.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2008
l made my proposal on the phone well she was not expecting it like that then when l later l wished l had not said anything l just wish l could take it all back because man l just don't know any more
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by chinda3: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2008
dis topic has benn treated now angry angry angry
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by malborocow: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2008
[color=#006600][/color]hei i c nothing wrong in proposing marriage on the phone.if any body sucks about that then may be she had a guy waiting somewhere,
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by SweetT1: 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2008
Some guys kill me sometimes. Why would you propose something as important as marriage on the phone. Would you kiss and cuddle with her on the phone too?? I tire oo !
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by meanne1(f): 1:40pm On Apr 12, 2008
it wont go 4 me because i will really like my guy to propose to me on an outing, u know, very romantic place with one knee down like real gentleman.
Re: Marriage Proposal On Phone? by t6travels: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2014
keep calm and pay for your travel services with EASYPAY is another first from www.t6travels.com. Presented to our customers is the payment offer with the most flexible/affordable payment option. You get to spread your payment for services rendered by t6travels over a maximum period of twelve (12) months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Married Women Dress Like This To Sweep Compound / She Lost Her Virginity To Another Man After Promising Me . . / Beautiful Slay Queen Slays In Cherubim And Seraphim Church Robe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.