Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? (3182 Views)

What Should I Do? Forget About Her Or Continue The Struggle / Guys, Will You Still Continue The Marriage After You Discover She Did This? / Men: Do You Have to Be Financially Stable Before Marriage or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by opelistic1(f): 9:17am On Feb 26, 2013
Am a lady of late 20s, got married in 2009.before marriage myself and my husband went to a doctor for test d doctor made us kw my hubby is azospermia which means there is no single egg in his sperm, with faith I stood by him hoping a miracle will happen.we ve been treating dis both medically, spiritually even take several herb all to no avail. I could not tell my parent wat d course is, they keep disturbing me wat is d reason for me not giving birth cos my hubby met me as a virgin. Dis year feb was my 4th year in his house pls wat should I do?
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by bedford101(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by bedford101(m): 9:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Dont Give up on him keep on pressing on faith things will happen soon, ABOVE ALL TRUSTAND HAVE FAITH IN GOD..IT IS WELL
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Arkhin(m): 9:49am On Feb 26, 2013
If u can remember ur vows, it's for better or worse. You are in it for d long haul!
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by gergemam: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2013
U need a Crude faith ooo, Held onto God & Meditate on Isaiah 66:1-18, 61:7... It is well cause u married in Purity (Virgin) May your prayers be answered...
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 26, 2013
u hv alwys trustd in God..y losing hope? i believe He ll do it..quittn d marriage isnt d bst option...

u cn also consider adoptn..#ifeelurpain#
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by DExplorer1: 10:25am On Feb 26, 2013
Young woman, WHATEVER MADE YOU 'ENTER' THAT MARRIAGE SHOULD KEEP YOU IN THAT MARRIAGE. If you're weary in times of adversity, your strength is small. You're just 4years into barreness (no one will understand that it's your husband), i've seen 10 and even 25years barren home deliver babies. It's hard to make families and relatives understand the situation so stop narrating whatever. Hold unto God and get stucked to your faith and man.
Also, be aware that you can't help God do His work. So, becareful of where you go and things you use. Cheers smiley

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by greatgod2012(f): 12:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
I sincerely feel your pain, pls, stay with your man, especially to build his faith d more, remember that in d bible, all those who have covenant children also passed thru what you are presently passing thru.....so, its not over until its over, hold on to your faith, it is well, afterall, you married him because you loved him, therefore, for d main time, you can go for adoption, and i pray that you will have testimonies ijN.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
You need to determine the type of azoospermia that was diagnosed. Pre-testicular and post-testicular azoospermia are often treatable, while testicular azoospermia is almost always permanent.

If it is testicular azoospermia, then what are you waiting for? Act on that information and relieve yourself of misery. There are several medically proven methods to get pregnant. E.g. IVF, Surrogacy (traditional)...etc

I'm not ruling out the possibility of some bizarre miracle. I'm just curious...why wait when you have correctly diagnosed the root cause of the problem?

Hosea 4: 6 ==> ''My people perish from a lack of knowledge.''

Please, do not perish in negligence.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by dealordea(m): 12:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
Why wait when you know there is no way out!!! Abeg, only miracle can happen and that is not always..
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Never you allow your common sense to be clouded by emotion.
I'm sorry to say but your husband conned you into marrying him, I'm 96.5percent sure he knew about his medical state before proceeding with the marriage plans, whatever prevented you guys from running all tests before marriage, your husband no??
He fooled you once, will you sit back and watch him fool you for the second time,
well its none of my business
since you believe with faith you can move mountains keep believing, your miracle is one the way undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by dopeJemi: 1:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
prickly: Never you allow your common sense to be clouded by emotion.
I'm sorry to say but your husband conned you into marrying him, I'm 96.5percent sure he knew about his medical state before proceeding with the marriage plans, whatever prevented you guys from running all tests before marriage, your husband no??
He fooled you once, will you sit back and watch him fool you for the second time,
well its none of my business
since you believe with faith you can move mountains keep believing, your miracle is one the way undecided

Don't u know hau 2 read? Didn't u see were she said 'before marriage, my husband and I went 4 a medicaL test' meaning she knew abt it.. Nobody was fooLed
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
dopeJemi:

Don't u know hau 2 read? Didn't u see were she said 'before marriage, my husband and I went 4 a medicaL test' meaning she knew abt it.. Nobody was fooLed
and you sluggishly and foolishly believed that in this 21st century a sensible person would marry someone who they know has got medical issues, not just ordinary issues but an issue that disrupts one of the main reasons why people get married which is to bear children ? Huh
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by biolabee(m): 2:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
prickly your post is harsh, take am easy cheesy

however i wil say let them go through all medical options  as highlighted by fluid26
But this situation may be dire

have faith and get all the information you need
Go to Bridge/Nordica and if you guys ca afford it travel abroad first before you make any decision

You may need to look at adopting a child

Unfortunately if this was a man, he may have made his decision long ago undecided
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
biolabee: prickly your post is harsh, take am easy cheesy

wink
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
Don't give up on him. I imagine he must be a good man and has all the qualities you're looking for, for you to have married him. This's the time you both need each other; this must be difficult for him too. Have you looked into your fertility options: assisted reproduction techniques?
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by greedie1(f): 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
they ve said it all... i just want to add dat u can adopt a baby and der r oda options lyk fluid donation and all. i just feel inability to conceive shouldn't make u abandon ur marriage.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by KINGwax(m): 5:02pm On Feb 26, 2013
prickly: and you sluggishly and foolishly believed that in this 21st century a sensible person would marry someone who they know has got medical issues, not just ordinary issues but an issue that disrupts one of the main reasons why people get married which is to bear children ? Huh
and u must foolishly think every lady is bitcheous like u?
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by opelistic1(f): 6:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Thanks to u all, I really apreciate all ur concern and advice. God bless u all.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
sorry dear but it will be really really wrong for you to leave that marriage. you entered with full knowledge and full disclosure so you had better stay. anyway, have you tried artificial means of getting pregnant or you are still sitting, clicking your heels, praying and waiting for God to come and inseminate you himself?
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
to evry one clamourin stay, stay, i want u to knw it is easier said than done! u expect her to jst sit down and take all d blame to herself? if the problem is d other way round do u think d man will stay? Nope
@Op, when u decided to remain a virgin before marriage were u planning keeping it for a man who wasted his sperms when he was young?
to me, it depends if d man knew abt his problem b4 hand and didnt inform her.
ur husband cheatd u, Make d family aware!
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Beync(f): 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
Turning towards the bride, the minister uttered... Ope do you take jide as your husband for better for worse?
ope answered.. yes i do. now tell us how do you mean?

btw, u were aware of his health condition before u going into the marriage, what happen to the faith you had earlier?
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by obowunmi(m): 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
opelistic1: Am a lady of late 20s, got married in 2009.before marriage myself and my husband went to a doctor for test d doctor made us kw my hubby is azospermia which means there is no single egg in his sperm, with faith I stood by him hoping a miracle will happen.we ve been treating dis both medically, spiritually even take several herb all to no avail. I could not tell my parent wat d course is, they keep disturbing me wat is d reason for me not giving birth cos my hubby met me as a virgin. Dis year feb was my 4th year in his house pls wat should I do?

this is why sex before marriage is very important. smiley smiley
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by baby124: 12:23am On Feb 27, 2013
Repost in family section.

You have to be clear on what is important to you and what will make you happy. How many Nigerian men can truly stay with a woman who cannot have kids. You most likely will settle for him having kids outside. My advice will be to talk to him and you both should agree. You guys can go your separate ways amicably. This is better than holding in resentment and lashing out because having your own kids is very important to you. If having your own kids is not important, then stay. If it is, then you guys need to decide what you want to do. You should also tell your family and he should tell his. This is why people should get frequent STD and HIV checkups. All these STD's can cause problems (infertility for both male and female) in the future. Face your fears and take care of your health, do a yearly test. These things (STD's) can destroy your ability to have kids if left untreated. wrap if up, never go without a condom even orally.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Abeg, if you're going to make that poor guy's life hell, pack up and leave o. I think this is the first time that I'm facing consciously the fact that people get married in order to have kids. Is that what you think marriage is about?

Anyhow, forgive my insensitivity. I'm a guy and I love kids. I used to fantasize about a house full of them. But everyday now, I think just how extraordinarily blessed I would be to have one or two when I get married. I know that I would love it. But the truth is, there's much more to why I would give my life to someone else than just to make babies with them. That's why a fertility test will not be a prerequisite to my marriage choices.

However, allow me to advise you to follow the medical trail of the issue to the end just like another poster also did advise. Support your husband. Research your options. Work with him and solve your problem. It's not his house you live in, it's your house, yours and his, just like this problem is.

Cheers.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by greatgod2012(f): 2:46am On Feb 27, 2013
Has it has been advised, pls, stay with your man, since you are already aware of his condition b4 tying d knot with him, i've said it b4, i will say it again.....try adoption and secondly, you can try artificial dissemination, may God reward your stand of love and faith.
However, this should be an eye opener for those who usually think that women dont love genuinely and sincerely, that women only love guys because of their money, now, how many guys can do what d op did?.......settling down with an infertile man, can guys settle down with women who has medical problems just like d op did, im sure guys wont try it, and if they marry her, im sure they would have impregnated another woman, so, guys, can you now see that, ladies/women can love guys sincerely and stay to help him carry his cross.
This is food for thought for guys.
May God help us all.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 27, 2013
Give up on the babies.
Or ask him to let u fck someone else if you really want to b a mother .you can also ask for a sperm donors undecided
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Rocktation(f): 3:42am On Feb 27, 2013
fluid26: You need to determine the type of azoospermia that was diagnosed. Pre-testicular and post-testicular azoospermia are often treatable, while testicular azoospermia is almost always permanent.

If it is testicular azoospermia, then what are you waiting for? Act on that information and relieve yourself of misery. There are several medically proven methods to get pregnant. E.g. IVF, Surrogacy (traditional)...etc

I'm not ruling out the possibility of some bizarre miracle. I'm just curious...why wait when you have correctly diagnosed the root cause of the problem?

Hosea 4: 6 ==> ''My people perish from a lack of knowledge.''

Please, do not perish in negligence.

Impressive doctor fluid! However, your overly selective attention, rebuffed this;

opelistic1: we ve been treating dis both medically, spiritually even take several herb all to no avail.

Surely, you don't think that he's been on paracetamol and phensic, from the pharmacy across the street, for four years now, d'you? tongue

@OP: stick to your faith and your doc, he knows both of your histories. But for e-support, here is a wonderful thread you should join;

https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc

And just hang in there...if you may. Although bleary, but who's to say that the finishing line's not in sight, really? It is well.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Popowaa: 7:30am On Feb 27, 2013
Op u knew abt it and yet u stood by him so y do u want to live now?Remember de vows u took and stick by it cos u never knw when a miracle ll come knocking at ur door.May God stregthen u in this trying times.
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rocktation, e be like say that alabukun wey u dey consume don dey alter your hormones...shey? tongue
Re: Should I Continue With My Marriage Or Not? by Rocktation(f): 11:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Relationship With No Arguments Is A Relationship With A Lot Of Secrets??? / #5 Annoying Things Women Do That Guys HATE... / You Can't Be Good Enough For A Man Who Is Not Ready.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.