Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? (887 Views)

Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Mr & Miss Nairaland Contest 2015 Suggestions and Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
Have you noticed the rate at which people bring their disagreements and relationship problems on here?
maybe its not a very recent development but since i just noticed it not too long ago, i felt so strongly about it that i decided to find out what people's take on it is.

I'll be talking from my point of view and am a little emotional so pardon me.
Have you ever experienced that moment when somebody gets a very sound slap and u think you actually felt the pain more than the receiver? or that moment when somebody makes a big grammatical blunder and you are just about to hide under the table when u discover that u weren't the one that made the blunder but some one who is probably unrelated to you in any way.
thats how i feel or even worse (much worse) each time i see these threads.
Imagine the comfort and security you feel when ur with your friends. Imagine those loose and unguarded text messages, e-mails, chats and words that you dish out with reckless abandon, brought here for all to see. you may say its an online forum but to a large extent its still a personality owned by you.
I can imagine one of the very few friends i have here spewing our chat thread on NL that thought makes me shiver.

so i ask you:
why do people have this obsessive compulsion of wanting to bring to light what is meant to be private?
why are people too lazy to pursue the solution to busineses or relationships gone bad bad offline?
would you bring such matters here, yourself? why?
there are a lot more questions but let me hear from you.

NB: Please pardon any typos.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by tpia5: 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
Most are fake, ie they're just from people pretending to be the ones in the relationship when actually they're not.

Role playing.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
how then do you explain the excerpts they produce as evidence?
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by greedie1(f): 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
one tin i ve learnt from all these recent happenings is to always be on my guard. i ve never been d type dat hook up carelessly or write without a second thought but now, i ll " beef up security" der r so many mean fellows here..

i don't know d answers to ur questions but i sure as heaven wont bring my private affairs online bcz no be only fowl nyash wey wind go expose, my shokoto dey for danger too.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
Awww.. Dubem! Am touched. tongue
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
Celebrities? undecided
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 9:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
forget the section jooor @ Id

the guarding no be small
but i really need somebody probabaly a psychologist to give me some rational explanation
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
dubem3: forget the section jooor @ Id

the guarding no be small
but i really need somebody probabaly a psychologist to give me some rational explanation
Explanations to wot?
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 9:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Explanations to wot?

lets assume we've been friends a long time offline and online too the something goes wrong and i come online dragging behind me a long thread of stupid, lax and unguarded supposedly friendly convos we have had over the years, i want you to tell me how you would view that and how you would explain my actions.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
gree-die:
one tin i ve learnt from all these recent happenings is to always be on my guard. i ve never been d type dat hook up carelessly or write without a second thought but now, i ll " beef up security" der r so many mean fellows here..

i don't know d answers to ur questions but i sure as heaven wont bring my private affairs online bcz no be only fowl nyash wey wind go expose, my shokoto dey for danger too.

you don't even know what this means to peeps like me who are too trusting and lax with friends.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
dubem3:

lets assume we've been friends a long time offline and online too the something goes wrong and i come online dragging behind me a long thread of stupid, lax and unguarded supposedly friendly convos we have had over the years, i want you to tell me how you would view that and how you would explain my actions.
Obviously I'll feel betrayed. But... In situations like dat,its best u keep mute and let d immature thing rant. IMO, its pointless going bck and forth,u'll only end up looking stup!d.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by tpia5: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
dubem3: how then do you explain the excerpts they produce as evidence?

what do you think?
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by tpia5: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
dubem3:

you don't even know what this means to peeps like me who are too trusting and lax with friends.

then get wisdom and street smarts.

many others were forced to get the same.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Les: 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
Poster listen to this, my ex broke up wit me and kept calling me.... I laughed and she told me dat am not even remorseful, i told her even if i'm, i will never show it.

I had an argument wit somebody wit somebody and i told him it's not good to love ppl too much, he said wat about ur mum if..... I told him, who told you dat i even love my mum- this is d only woman along side my only sis dat I can ever die for in this entire world.

I once witnessed an ghastly accident, ppl were terrified but i kept laughing and hid b4 9ja ppl will say na me cause am via winchi.

I'll always say i can never marry because i have never felt and will never feel love for any girl, not because i dont want to, but because, I might be destined not to cos i cant and i dont know why..

Wat am I saying? U asked a qweshon stating how you feel so i wanna answer u stating how i also feel as well......

I feel like amma not see tomoro so i got to live ol my life today and no mourafacka can ever stop me from living my life..... IN ESSENCE, try and control ur emotions and if you must have, be very selfish about it, dont let ppl determine ur mood for u less u would be a puppete in their hands....

And so, how will i regain my 2kb i used in answering ur qweshon?
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Oahray: 7:54am On Feb 27, 2013
Newsflash: The person who posted directly above me is a dolt.

@topic, it sucks mehn. The only thing I hate more than that kinda publicity is betrayal by someone I trust.

If the two happen together as in this case, I'd just cut the person off, and depending on how much it hurt, even after the person's apologies have been accepted (that's if she apologizes at all).

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by MissyB3(f): 9:21am On Feb 27, 2013
It's simple. . . Be careful when choosing the people you go into a r/ship with.
As regards NL, be more careful the people you communicate with outside this place. Too many socially retärded psychopaths around here, incapable of having a healthy relationship of whatever kind. Perfect case of prevention is better than cure, as the only person whose actions you can control is you.

- Moved to the Romance section.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by DExplorer1: 10:26am On Feb 27, 2013
Nairaland is a cool place and this section, just as any other. Most topics/threads you see here are not real stories except very few, we just play along. We've got over 160M Nigerians, nairaland manages few thousands pass a 1M and you won't expect all of them to have a perfect relationship. Mind you, it's a shadow forum and nobody can find you via your moniker or posts except you release vital content.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 10:41am On Feb 27, 2013
you know, a lot of the times. When things happen to us, its not because we have never heard about those things or do not know ways to prevent them, i just think that the whatever line that connects whatever part of the brain where there are theories to that part that executes action must be a really long and busy lane. What you need from theory is either taking too long to come or held up by traffic on the busy lane. No matter how careful one is, there comes that stage where u begin to relax and make exceptions. A combination of all those exceptions will surprise you. i used to be eager to make friends on here just never really spent enough time here. At some point i kinda woke up to the fun peeps can get from tormenting you.

@ Les, peeps like you are even easiest to get at. you think you have it all figured out and are some kinda proffessor. My guy just slow down and take another look.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 10:47am On Feb 27, 2013
tpia@:

then get wisdom and street smarts.

many others were forced to get the same.

lol
e don tay wen i wise
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by DExplorer1: 11:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Dubem, are you refering to NL relationship or just topics you read here. I'm getting your post before the last, twisted.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by ijebabe: 11:22am On Feb 27, 2013
I have no explanations for their behaviour as I cannot do such about anyone.
Relationships issues are meant to be dealt with offline, whether you met your partner on NL or not! Its very immature to reveal private messages and personal details just to prove he/she broke ur heart.
Move the Bleep on!

However, if its a case where 419 is involved and you're duped of money. Whether you were in a relationship or not, the act should be mentioned so that others dont fall victim.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by 190: 12:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
Huh
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 3:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
D-Explorer:
Dubem, are you refering to NL relationship or just topics you read here. I'm getting your post before the last, twisted.

relationships generally: business, romantic or other kind. Am saying if you had ur shyt offline settle it offline. the idea of coming on here with a trailer load of crap is repugnant at its best.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 5:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
You know, i just remembered this thing that happened in the camp while i was serving.
there was this gurl that cheated the pregnancy testing process by borrowing urine from her friend.
On the day before close of camp, she had this misunderstanding with her friend and in order to get back at her, she freaking spilled the beans.
The pregnant lady left camp the same day. After doing all the required time.
As humans things are bound to go wrong when we interface with each other but how we go about settling them tells a world about us. thats actually a measure for the much talked about 'maturity'.
if u like be older than metuselah...
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by ayobase(m): 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
Wannabe grown ups!
Toddlers!

Some actually need to be reported here though!
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 06, 2013
Yawn. That's how I feel.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by dubem3(m): 6:21am On Mar 06, 2013
sexkillz: Yawn. That's how I feel.

more hinge to your jaws then,
if thats how u feel
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Caracta(f): 6:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Nothing baffles me more than people posting pictures of their friends or girlfriends, addresses and institutions on a thread. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. In this age and time with high rate of cyber crime, cyber this cyber that.

Am i the only one that feels uncomfortable about this?
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: Nothing baffles me more than people posting pictures of their friends or girlfriends, addresses and institutions on a thread. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. In this age and time with high rate of cyber crime, cyber this cyber that.

[size=13pt]What's the difference between cyber crime and real life crime? I don't think most victims, if any, anticipate either.[/size]
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Caracta(f): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]What's the difference between cyber crime and real life crime? I don't think most victims, if any, anticipate either.[/size]
Sure. I guess i'm just the "over-careful" type. There was a story on CNN yesterday about a lady that almost got molested because of the info she exposed on social media. Apart from that, my very good friend's picture was all over certain websites stating that she was missing (when she wasn't). Someone was trying to get back at her.

It's my personal opinion though. It's God that protects...but i love being careful. It comes with the territory.

If i don't put my pictures myself, nobody should do that for me. I'm sure half of the pictures on the two threads wasn't posted with owner's consent.
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: Nothing baffles me more than people posting pictures of their friends or girlfriends, addresses and institutions on a thread. I'm still trying to come to terms with it. In this age and time with high rate of cyber crime, cyber this cyber that.

No, you're not!
Re: How Do You Feel About Relationship Complaints On NL? by mobf: 2:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
It goes both ways. Sometimes people need unbiased opinion from what's supposed to be a faceless forum. That i tottally understand..but the really ridiculous ones, the ones with broken hearts and all that I prefer to call 2go kids..hmmnnn. You have to understand that not everybody sees things the way you do.NL loves drama and gossip. It goes both ways

(1) (Reply)

Jamo Thingz. / Please What Can I Do,make Girl Refuse To Give Me Sex,she Said Until After Marage / Would You Be Willing To Enter Into A Blood Convenant For Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.