Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,495 members, 7,850,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48585 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by malabite3: 12:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

The passage you quoted said every third year. What happensto every other year? Should It̶̲̥̅̊ still be given τ̅☺ the widows,orphans?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by zoeoriana(m): 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus died and paid it all , we are no longer under the curse of the LAW.

"But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree" - Galatians 3:13

bros, u small foolish o. Who are the levites? Pls if u want to steal from God, do it alone and stop inviting people to do the same.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by jemoke: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
From bible point of view, tithe is meant for the following people
a.levite
b.stranger
c.widow
Please read the Deut 26 v 11-15 the purpose of tithe and prayer is stated by God himself.
The book of Malachi 3 v 8 is just a reminder to bring tithe
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 12:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
zoe oriana:
bros, u small foolish o. Who are the levites? Pls if u want to steal from God, do it alone and stop inviting people to do the same.

@ the bolded.

pls tell us.Who are the levites?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by honeric01(m): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
zoe oriana:

I also would like to know, who are the levites and what are you stealing from God?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by kramer: 12:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Took me two days to go through the whole thread and I have to say it was worth it.

From my understanding I believe tithes are meant for the Levites, Orphans and Widows as mentioned.

I believe it is wrong for anyone else outside this group to receive tithes. For it is like claiming someone else's inheritance from God

Number 18:25-26 25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering.

Claiming tithes is as unjust as claiming someone else's property. It is not meant for anyone besides the owner!... dont claim what is not yours

Tithes belong to those mentioned by God in the bible.. And it is wrong to twist Levites to mean Pastors so as to claim the inheritance of the Levites.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong... we are all learning here

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ojiefi: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
CHAPTER WHAT VERSE WHAT??
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ezme(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
zoe oriana:

Please Sir, Who are the levites? I believe you have an opinion on this.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 1:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
kramer: Took me two days to go through the whole thread and I have to say it was worth it.

From my understanding I believe tithes are meant for the Levites, Orphans and Widows as mentioned.

I believe it is wrong for anyone else outside this group to receive tithes. For it is like claiming someone else's inheritance from God

Number 18:25-26 25 The Lord said to Moses, 26 “Speak to the Levites and say to them: ‘When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord’s offering.

Claiming tithes is as unjust as claiming someone else's property. It is not meant for anyone besides the owner!... dont claim what is not yours

Tithes belong to those mentioned by God in the bible.. And it is wrong to twist Levites to mean Pastors so as to claim the inheritance of the Levites.

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong... we are all learning here

God bless you my brother for taking your time to go through the thread and arriving @ your conclusion.

You are not wrong child of God.The levites are no more and even if we have to adopt the law of moses,the equivalent of priests today would be pastors and equivalent of levites would be ushers,choir,sanctuary keepers,secretaries,children teachers,cleaners in the church.Numbers 18:25-26 you quoted tells us the levites and NOT the priests collect the Tithes.The levites only give 10% of the tithes they receive to the priests.

The Mal 3:8-10 tithe collectors and payers quote was actually talking to levites and priests.start reading from Mal 1:6 to get all the story

If only Christians would realise that the Tithing they practice today is a horribly corrupted version of the one Moses gave the children of isreal.

God bless you once again

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
ojiefi: CHAPTER WHAT VERSE WHAT??

Deut 14:22-29.special emphasis on verse 28 & 29

God bless you
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
@ Candour, thou man of God, God bless you. Keep doing the work of an evangelist.

@ kramer and other who have come to the knowledge of truth via this thread, please, strengthen others and study with them. Let the tithe captives loose and teach them to practice Grace based giving as instructed to Christians. Do good to all men especially to them that are of the household of faith. I've been blessed beyond measure, I DO NOT TITHE but practice giving - to worship places, to people in dare need, etc etc. This is what the New Testament teaches Christians and we must do it cheerfully and joyfully - Therein lies THE BLESSINGS of GOD.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by initiate: 1:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
In just one day this thread has received so many posts, so I wonder- Why are our pple so passionately interested in the topic?

I can understand the passion if you support tithing, but if you dont why not just ignore and use your energy for some issue that will benefit Nigeria, eg preaching againts Boko Haram, or corruption, or kidnapping
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
initiate: In just one day this thread has received so many posts, so I wonder- Why are our pple so passionately interested in the topic?

I can understand the passion if you support tithing, but if you dont why not just ignore and use your energy for some issue that will benefit Nigeria, eg preaching against Boko Haram, or corruption, or kidnapping

My dear brother,have you ever heard of the Jonestown tragedy? if you have not,pls google it up and read.That is what happens when false doctrine is not challenged.You might also want to check up 'Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God' church massacre in Uganda in 2000

Also the Tithe scam is @ the heart of the corruption bedeviling the church and by extension the nation which in turn robs the people of their collective resources giving birth to social vices like Boko haram.

Kill greed,covetousness and conspicuous consumption in Christendom and you will see a drastic reduction in crimes in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by kramer: 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Candour:

God bless you my brother for taking your time to go through the thread and arriving @ your conclusion.

You are not wrong child of God.The levites are no more and even if we have to adopt the law of moses,the equivalent of priests today would be pastors and equivalent of levites would be ushers,choir,sanctuary keepers,secretaries,children teachers,cleaners in the church.Numbers 18:25-26 you quoted tells us the levites and NOT the priests collect the Tithes.The levites only give 10% of the tithes they receive to the priests.

The Mal 3:8-10 tithe collectors and payers quote was actually talking to levites and priests.start reading from Mal 1:6 to get all the story

If only Christians would realise that the Tithing they practice today is a horribly corrupted version of the one Moses gave the children of isreal.

God bless you once again

Thank you for pointing this out.. i wish i had stumbled on this years ago undecided grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by kramer: 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
Just to add to what i mentioned previously... In 1 Corithians 9, I believe (but please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm here to learn not dictate smiley) that Paul talks about gospel preachers having the right to live off "offerings" (not tithe i believe) given by the recipients of the "Good News". But Note that Paul was more satisfied with preaching the Good News than collecting offerings (If only most preachers were like this). So that i do not quote out of context I have pasted most of the chapter.

1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord?

2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

3 This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me.

4 Don’t we have the right to food and drink?

5 Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas (Peter)?

6 Or is it only I and Barnabas who lack the right to not work for a living?

7 Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk?

8 Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing?

9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?

10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.

11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

16 For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. --- (This makes me wonder, are most preachers today voluntary preachers who are in it for the reward or are they God sent?)

18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by honeric01(m): 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
initiate: In just one day this thread has received so many posts, so I wonder- Why are our pple so passionately interested in the topic?

I can understand the passion if you support tithing, but if you dont why not just ignore and use your energy for some issue that will benefit Nigeria, eg preaching againts Boko Haram, or corruption, or kidnapping

Because the pastors keep blackmailing those who aren't paying with threats, death, poverty and all stuffs like that. if i wasn't a self-proclaimed christian, i would have backslided long time ago with the way they clamor on tithe while ignoring weightier matters needed to be preached!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Goshen360: @ Candour, thou man of God, God bless you. Keep doing the work of an evangelist.

@ kramer and other who have come to the knowledge of truth via this thread, please, strengthen others and study with them. Let the tithe captives loose and teach them to practice Grace based giving as instructed to Christians. Do good to all men especially to them that are of the household of faith. I've been blessed beyond measure, I DO NOT TITHE but practice giving - to worship places, to people in dare need, etc etc. This is what the New Testament teaches Christians and we must do it cheerfully and joyfully - Therein lies THE BLESSINGS of GOD.
so happy that God?s Spirit is setting ppl free here from tithe bondage, God bless Goshen, Kun, Frosbel, Candour, Bilpl, Bidam , 123, Ola etc etc etc etc...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 2:29pm On Mar 04, 2013
Candour:

My dear brother,have you ever heard of the Jonestown tragedy? if you have not,pls google it up and read.That is what happens when false doctrine is not challenged.You might also want to check up 'Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God' church massacre in Uganda in 2000

Also the Tithe scam is @ the heart of the corruption bedeviling the church and by extension the nation which in turn robs the people of their collective resources giving birth to social vices like Boko haram.

Kill greed,covetousness and conspicuous consumption in Christendom and you will see a drastic reduction in crimes in Nigeria.
this is the only TRUTH that can change Nigeria, let the church repent for a better Nigeria.. God bless u bro.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by JIL(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
Candour:

God bless you once again

I think the way this has been adopted in some churches is that satellite churches represent the levites while the HQ represent the priest where all affiliated churches are expected to in turn pay their tithes to.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Koolking(m): 2:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
The Bible clearly states: In giving you receive. I believe in giving but not in tithing.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
kramer: Just to add to what i mentioned previously... In 1 Corithians 9, I believe (but please correct me if i'm wrong, i'm here to learn not dictate smiley) that Paul talks about gospel preachers having the right to live off "offerings" (not tithe i believe) given by the recipients of the "Good News". But Note that Paul was more satisfied with preaching the Good News than collecting offerings (If only most preachers were like this). So that i do not quote out of context I have pasted most of the chapter.

1 Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not the result of my work in the Lord?

2 Even though I may not be an apostle to others, surely I am to you! For you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.

3 This is my defense to those who sit in judgment on me.

4 Don’t we have the right to food and drink?

5 Don’t we have the right to take a believing wife along with us, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas (Peter)?

6 Or is it only I and Barnabas who lack the right to not work for a living?

7 Who serves as a soldier at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat its grapes? Who tends a flock and does not drink the milk?

8 Do I say this merely on human authority? Doesn’t the Law say the same thing?

9 For it is written in the Law of Moses: “Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain.” Is it about oxen that God is concerned?

10 Surely he says this for us, doesn’t he? Yes, this was written for us, because whoever plows and threshes should be able to do so in the hope of sharing in the harvest.

11 If we have sown spiritual seed among you, is it too much if we reap a material harvest from you?

12 If others have this right of support from you, shouldn’t we have it all the more? But we did not use this right. On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.

13 Don’t you know that those who serve in the temple get their food from the temple, and that those who serve at the altar share in what is offered on the altar?

14 In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.

15 But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me, for I would rather die than allow anyone to deprive me of this boast.

16 For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel!

17 If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. --- (This makes me wonder, are most preachers today voluntary preachers who are in it for the reward or are they God sent?)

18 What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel.

You are not wrong also.from 1 Cor 9 that you quoted,it's obvious Paul approved of ministers being taken care of by the church.See the example Christ set for us in the following references.
Matt 10:11
''And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter,inquire who in it is worthy:and there abide till ye go thence''

see also Luke 10:4-7 but i'll reproduce verse only verse 7 here
Luke 10:7
''And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as the give:for the labourer is worthy of his hire.Go not from house to house''

However we can see that Paul refused to exercise this right because he didn't want a stumbling block to the gospel.therefore he concentrated on his tent making in Acts 18:2-3.Infact he admonished the Ephesian elders(ministers) to work hard so they can give members of their congregations who were in need like he did in Acts 20:33-35.

A true minister who loves his people should work for his own upkeep like Paul did.If needs be that his congregation should cater for him,then they should be informed and resources pulled for that purpose.The primary purpose of the collections requested in 1Cor 16:1 and 2Cor 9:1 was to cater for poor saints @ Jerusalem(Acts 11:28-30 and Rom 15:25-28).If a pastor falls into this same category of poor saints then he should tell so his people will know.

Bless you brother
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 2:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
Koolking: The Bible clearly states: In giving you receive. I believe in giving but not in tithing.

give out of love not because u want to recieve, be bigger than that, just like Papa God so love the world and gave us Jesus. Remain blessed.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 2:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
JIL:

I think the way this has been adopted in some churches is that satellite churches represent the levites while the HQ represent the priest where all affiliated churches are expected to in turn pay their tithes to.

Can you imagine the bastardisation and convolution?

God will help us

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 2:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
JIL:

One cannot but love you bro. You've carefully observed the 'church' operations over years. Believe me, this tithe false teaching is going down. One of us is chasing a thousand, imagine when we become 100 that have the knowledge of truth as to this tithe scam? We will impart others and others will impart others etc etc. At the end, the tithe captives are set free.

To further unveil these tithe frauds especially as mentioned by you which I have observed for many years of my Christian life. These churches are no longer interested in the souls of sinners. Look at every streets in Nigeria and see churches like RCCG and others like 3-5 in one street. Someone mentioned here that how much tithe you can remit to the HQ determines how a pastor is promoted in RCCG. I'm a living witness - I attended RCCG in my OND at Offa. The local parish suffers financially but ALL tithes MUST be remitted to the HQ via the regional HQ and via the State HQ. Where did RCCG see this practice from scriptures

Those of you who cannot challenge your church unscriptural practices are fueling greed in the name of tradition. Men have crafted a system that will keep their income flowing without ending. THERE IS NO WHERE IN SCRIPTURES WHERE APOSTLES ESTABLISHED CHURCHES AND INSTRUCTED THEM TO REMIT TITHES TO APOSTLE PAUL HEADQUARTERS - THIS IS A FALSE PRACTICE CONTRARY TO THE APOSTOLIC PRACTICES AND WE ARE OUT TO FIGHT IT TO STAND STILL OR STOP IN JESUS NAME.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by JIL(m): 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
I Just read the quoted portion below in another thread aptly titled 'What Jesus taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority'. Please pay particular attention to the bolded portion.

I told the Lord I didn't care how many times I saw Him in visions—He would have to prove this to me by at least three Scriptures out of the New Testament (because we're not living under the Old Covenant, we're living under the New). Jesus smiled sweetly and said He would give me four. I said, "I've read through the New Testament 150 times, and many portions of it more than that. If that is in there, I don't know it!"

Jesus replied, "Son, there is a lot in there you don't know." He continued, "Not one single time in the New Testament is the Church ever told to pray that God the Father or Jesus would do anything against the devil. In fact, to do so is to waste your time. The believer is told to do something about the devil. The reason is because you have the authority to do it. The Church is not to pray to God the Father about the devil; the Church is to exercise the authority that belongs to it.

If Hagin was bold enough to ask Jesus for 3 Scriptures out of the New Testament as proof to support what He was trying to pass across to Hagin, I think I should be bold enough to ask the tithe proponent just one question;
[size=14pt]
Please show me 1, just ONE scripture in the New Testament where Christians were asked to tithe.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Goshen360:

One cannot but love you bro. You've carefully observed the 'church' operations over years. Believe me, this tithe false teaching is going down. One of us is chasing a thousand, imagine when we become 100 that have the knowledge of truth as to this tithe scam? We will impart others and others will impart others etc etc. At the end, the tithe captives are set free.

To further unveil these tithe frauds especially as mentioned by you which I have observed for many years of my Christian life. These churches are no longer interested in the souls of sinners. Look at every streets in Nigeria and see churches like RCCG and others like 3-5 in one street. Someone mentioned here that how much tithe you can remit to the HQ determines how a pastor is promoted in RCCG. I'm a living witness - I attended RCCG in my OND at Offa. The local parish suffers financially but ALL tithes MUST be remitted to the HQ via the regional HQ and via the State HQ. Where did RCCG see this practice from scriptures

Those of you who cannot challenge your church unscriptural practices are fueling greed in the name of tradition. Men have crafted a system that will keep their income flowing without ending. THERE IS NO WHERE IN SCRIPTURES WHERE APOSTLES ESTABLISHED CHURCHES AND INSTRUCTED THEM TO REMIT TITHES TO APOSTLE PAUL HEADQUARTERS - THIS IS A FALSE PRACTICE CONTRARY TO THE APOSTOLIC PRACTICES AND WE ARE OUT TO FIGHT IT TO STAND STILL OR STOP IN JESUS NAME.
some of us have divine mandate to STOP THEM. Titus:1, Amp.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by devour129: 3:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
Acidosis:

The tithe is for him! Alone? Ask your Pastor i/c. He's God's sheperd on earth. If God wanted you to control "tithes" and decide who to give, he would have made you a PASTOR!

If I am a poor man & you come to me saying, THIS IS MY TITHE for this month, take it and feed yourself.
I'm sorry but I won't take it.. and any wise christian would do the same by rejecting the money..

What point will anyone make of that? To put me under a curse? If u must give me, must you tag it tithe?
Is that how you guys give?
i have been sending my tithe to the east to my mum to use for evangelism instead of the church for years.this is the reason-mi mum goes to this fellowship they call sfi and what they do is to go to the villages to spread the gospel.everytime i see my mum struggling to raise money with other women so they can work.this is what they do every Thursday,they raise money among themselves,cook food and buy CLEAN water and chill it and take it to the village.so i asked her one day that must they cook and take gifts all the time and she said i should follow her one day and i went and my thinking has changed.my mum says why should you go to preach to these women(cos when a woman believes,she can change her family thus the world)without feeding them first and bringing medicine for the sick.some of these villagers are tired of all the crusaders.these pastors go to preach and still collect offerings and tithes from these poor people which is wicked.so what my mum and her friends dd is they go,share food first(COS ITS NOT A BRIBE) and preach after words.they don't take any kobo from them and don't collect gifts.they preach in a particular villager for a while and pick a leader amongst them whom will continue when they move to another village.to cut story short,i rather send mi TITHE there than give it to church since all of you here are already giving the church so i doubt the church needs mine
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
devour129: i have been sending my tithe to the east to my mum to use for evangelism instead of the church for years.this is the reason-mi mum goes to this fellowship they call sfi and what they do is to go to the villages to spread the gospel.everytime i see my mum struggling to raise money with other women so they can work.this is what they do every Thursday,they raise money among themselves,cook food and buy CLEAN water and chill it and take it to the village.so i asked her one day that must they cook and take gifts all the time and she said i should follow her one day and i went and my thinking has changed.my mum says why should you go to preach to these women(cos when a woman believes,she can change her family thus the world)without feeding them first and bringing medicine for the sick.some of these villagers are tired of all the crusaders.these pastors go to preach and still collect offerings and tithes from these poor people which is wicked.so what my mum and her friends dd is they go,share food first(COS ITS NOT A BRIBE) and preach after words.they don't take any kobo from them and don't collect gifts.they preach in a particular villager for a while and pick a leader amongst them whom will continue when they move to another village.to cut story short,i rather send mi TITHE there than give it to church since all of you here are already giving the church so i doubt the church needs mine

May God bless you and your Mum and her group a billion fold.

As you have done it to those poor ones,you have done it to the Lord.So says Matt 25:34-40
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
From the way this topic has fared, its pretty obvious the fight here isn't about tithing but about who receives it. Right?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Deco007: 4:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
Seconded good point
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
JIL: I Just read the quoted portion below in another thread aptly titled 'What Jesus taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority'. Please pay particular attention to the bolded portion.

If Hagin was bold enough to ask Jesus for 3 Scriptures out of the New Testament as proof to support what He was trying to pass across to Hagin, I think I should be bold enough to ask the tithe proponent just one question;
[size=14pt]
Please show me 1, just ONE scripture in the New Testament where Christians were asked to tithe.[/size]

The New Testament church and writers took for granted the practice of
tithing as the declared way of supporting the house of God. Scriptural
References: Luke 18:10-14: Jesus used a parable to illustrate the
difference between a Pharisee and his pride, and a publican, who was
blessed because of his humbleness. However, within the parable, Jesus
has the Pharisee say, “I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I
possess.” It was not the fasting or the giving of tithes that brought the
criticism, but rather the pride that caused the Pharisee to boast.
What he did was accepted, why he did it, was not. I believe that this is
tangible evidence that Jesus accepted tithing as the established way of
giving. Hebrews 7:8, “And here men that die receive tithes, but there He
receiveth them of whom it is witnessed that He liveth.” I Corinthians 16:2
Paul is obviously speaking of proportionate giving, a giving that is based
on the amount of income. Indeed, for those who insist that the New
Testament does not teach tithing, here is a good New Testament standard,
which of course exceeds 10%.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Malachi tells us to bring our tithes into the storehouse, “that there may be
meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts.”
Malachi 3:10
Paul wrote to the church at Corinth, “Upon the first day of the week let
everyone of you lay by him, as God hath prospered him.”
I Corinthians 16:2
These two scriptures indicate that your tithes are to be given to the place
of your feeding. The pasture into which you as sheep are
being nourished and fed by a shepherd (Pastor).

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Ghanaian Pastor Stabbed To Death By Nephew During Church Service (Photos) / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.