Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,525 members, 7,850,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:09 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48586 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Many Christians don't know the Malachi 3 verses that pastors use to coerce them into parting with 10% of their income is NEVER written or addressed to Christians. This is NOT to mean Christians should not give - Christians are to give to the advancement of the Gospel in WHATEVER THEY HAVE AND CHEERFULLY. This is what brings blessings on you as Christians.

Malachi 3:9-10 was addressed to the priests who were stealing God's tithe. Pastors lift that verse out of context to apply it to Christians. Study Malachi in context (it doesn't take up to 1 hour) and you will understand it wasn't talking to Christians. God was rebuking Israel and later in Chapter 2,

Malachi 2:1, And now, O ye priests, this commandment [is] for you. AND Malachi 3:3 still mentions "sons of Levi". It was to the "O ye priests" of Malachi 2:1 that was carried into chapter 3. God wasn't addressing the Church of Jesus Christ.

Again, the tithe teaching to the church is religious scam in the body of Christ. It is NOT EVEN DONE IN THE BIBLICAL WAY BUT HEBREWS 7 ENDED TITHING.

How is biblical tithe done to the people (Israel) it was commanded to? Lemme show you from scriptures.

to be continue below
false and heretic teachings from the pit of hell.The truth is that everything belongs to God under both the Old Covenant and the New
Covenant, and to give God ten percent represents an acknowledgment of God's total
ownership of all things. God could demand less or demand more, since everything
belongs to him, but he saw fit to establish the tithe as a means by which his people may
honor him, and to supply for his ministers
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2: Interesting !

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ohhhhhhh frosbel. which kain person be this?

what a pic
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by senator2k9(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
what of d bible dat says "whatsoever u do to d lest of my brothers, dat u do unto me"....meanin if I give to the poor n needy, I have given it to God (almighty) too !!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 10:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: studying the bible with a preconceived ideas..remove that satanic blindfoldness from your eyes..read the whole bible concerning tithing.. Abraham Commenced it (Ge. 14:18-20). Jacob Continued it (Ge. 28:20-22). Moses Confirmed it (Le. 27:30). Malachi Commanded it (Mal. 3:10). Jesus Commended it (Mt. 23:23). God Commissioned it (1 Co. 9:14). Paul Conformed it (1 Co. 16:2). A study of these Scriptures shows that tithing is a scriptural principle. Abraham and Jacob tithed 500 years BEFORE the Law was instituted. Moses, Malachi, and Jesus spoke of tithing DURING the period of the Law. The Apostle Paul explained tithing AFTER the Law. Christians ought to tithe!

I chose to respond to this because your dissection of my post makes it clumsy to reply without a great loss in time. I'll also like to correct the precedence you've tried to establish here.

From the books of exodus-leviticus-numbers-deuteronomy, and the parable of the pharisee and sinner, and from Hebrews we all know that tithes paid to levites was established as part of law under the levitical priesthood. It is not to be linked with a CHOICE royalty made by Abraham to the highpriest and KING of Salem. It has been revealed on this forum that it was only customary for Abraham to pay such royalty of a 10th of SPOILS OF WAR to a king he adjudged as being under his authority.
This had nothing to do with God giving a commandment under the law years later. For the tithing law was giving to solve a particular problem of levites lacking a land inheritance.
Even the admonition in Malachi was addressed to the levites/priests and not to the layfolks. So any pastor using such scripture is actually referring to himself as the robber.

Now concerning the law, you seem to hold on to your own preconceived ideas too. I tell you there's more than a few verses from the letters of paul that says no profit is gained in the law, that rebukes those who still adhered to jewish traditions of old testament law, Hebrews give you a record of God's opinion about the law and it's imperfection.

Tithing is of the law. The law has passed away as fulfilled by Christ, as acknowledged by Paul, as NUMEROUSLY indicated in both Paul's and other new testament letters . Its irrelevance is universally acknowledged even by most tithing pastors who promote Grace alone as advocated by Martin Luther.

So why hold on to agricultural tithing morphed into money? Moneytised firstfruits? Wave offering?. We all know anything that was of the law and can't be monetised has been done away with.

Bro please go through your Hebrews 5 6 7 8 9 10, with emphasis on the damning of the law and old covenant as uttered in the words of God himself.

Churches don't need to tithe b4 they'll have funds to pay the clergy or recurrent bills. Offerings can do a mighty lot on their own.

Christianity is about the teachings of Christ, it has no pact with the law.It teaches you to give for the sake of the ministry but doesn't obligate a 10th of your income, you make your choice cheerfully. It teaches love as conveyed in our works. It also teaches not to hold on to the law lest you deny the redemption by grace obtained by the death and resurrection of Christ.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nehemiah459(m): 10:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
(Deuteronomy 14:22-29, 26:12-16. Numbers 18:21-32 ...and many more).

From all these, THE CONCLUSION OF THE MATTER IS GIVE TZEDAKAH (CHARITY) TO THE LESS PRIVILEGED AND FREE ALL THESE BUSINESS MEN OF GOLD!!!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Please, get your bible and let's read\study together to see how God commanded biblical tithing to be done.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, [even] a tenth [part] of the tithe. And [this] your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though [it were] the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress. Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering TO AARON THE PRIEST. - Numbers 18:25-28 KJV

The commandment to take tithe I showed you from Hebrews 7:5 was established here. To who? To Levites. Who are Levites in the Old covenant of Mosaic law? THEY ARE THEY TEMPLE WORKERS THAT WORKS WITH THE PRIST, AARON UNDER THE MOSAIC SYSTEM. There is no more Levites in the body of Christ, what we have is ministry gifts such as pastors, teachers, Apostles etc BUT if we are to translate this instructions\commandment in Numbers 18 into our modern day Christianity, THE LEVITES WILL BE THE CHURCH WORKERS - USHERS, SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS, CHOIRS, CLEANERS, TRAFFIC CONTROLLER ETC ETC AND THE PRIEST, LIKE AARON WILL BE THE PASTORS ETC

Look and pay attention to the instruction in Numbers carefully. God doesn't speak in KJV languages, God speaks SPECIFICALLY. The instruction is LEVITES TAKES THE TITHE AND OUT OF THE TITHE THEY COLLECTED, THEY GIVE TENTH PART OF IT TO AARON. So, if tithe is to be practiced today, it is the church workers that are to collect it and give tenth part to pastors......I know your pastor will NOT like me for this but this is the Bible truth.
another distortion and misinterpretation of scriptures."The elders who do good work as leaders should
be considered worthy of receiving double pay, especially those who work hard at
preaching and teaching" (1 Timothy 5:17, GNT). Some translations read, "double honor"
(KJV, NIV, etc.), but this is clearly wrong, since the very next verse says, "For the
Scripture says, 'Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,' and 'The worker
deserves his wages'" (v. 18, NIV). The context is about money, or paying the ministers
what they deserve.
The statement, "The worker deserves his wages," indicates that financial support to a
minister is as wages to any other worker; that is, the money is owed to the person, and it
is not just a voluntary gift. To deprive the minister of a salary would be like cheating any
worker of his pay, an act that God will certainly punish. Therefore, if a minister does well
in overseeing the church, and especially if he works hard in preaching and teaching,
Scripture commands you to pay him, and pay him double! Christians who pay their
ministers well are not especially generous or honorable, but they are only fulfilling their
obligations, but those who deny ministers of their pay are no better than robbers and
thieves.

Failing to resist our biblical arguments, some people claim that preachers are generally
greedy, and any talk of money from them is only a reflection of their insatiable lust for
money. For support their case, they often cite the examples of those who had been
exposed as frauds, those who had mishandled or embezzled large sums of money, and
those who are living especially extravagant lives.

But surely this is a Red Herring. It is like the pro-abortionist who argues for the right of
women to abortion from examples like pregnancies resulting from rape. How many
women considering abortion were raped? Even if we grant all rape victims the choice to
abort their pregnancies, how would that even come close to solving the abortion debate,
seeing that the majority of women are not pregnant by forced sexual intercourse? In any
case, does the rapist's sin nullify God's command?

In a similar way, for every greedy or dishonest person who calls himself a Christian
minister, there are thousands of stingy and covetous people who call themselves
Christians. Why should the counterfeit silence the genuine? Should not the true and
faithful ministers of God speak all the louder and bolder, so that the true word from God
may be heard? And should not true Christians encourage such bold speech about money,
rather than suppress it? The truth is that those who oppose sermons or books that teach
Christian obligation and generosity do so to hide their covetousness and defiance, and to
suppress their tormented conscience.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 11:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
graluxxy054: I don't know y people like creating problems for themselves. I don't know y people like involving themselves in things that does not concern them? Leave God and pastors matter alone before you incur Gods wrath upon yourself. Don't add or subtract anything to/from the Bible. I've read my Bible and I've not seen where God instructed us to give our offerings and tithes to the poor. If u want to give to the poor, do it the right way and at the right time. Stop twisting Gods word to suit yourself and situation!

If you're in d league of those that tell people things that are not in d Bible, desist from it now cos God will hold u responsible for every soul you mislead
If u want it more direct, simply answer these questions

Which christian Paid tithe in the Bible
Did isaac pay tithe [was he not great]
Did jacob pay tithe
Are u jew
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: studying the bible with a preconceived ideas..remove that satanic blindfoldness from your eyes..read the whole bible concerning tithing.. Abraham Commenced it (Ge. 14:18-20). Jacob Continued it (Ge. 28:20-22). Moses Confirmed it (Le. 27:30). Malachi Commanded it (Mal. 3:10). Jesus Commended it (Mt. 23:23). God Commissioned it (1 Co. 9:14). Paul Conformed it (1 Co. 16:2). A study of these Scriptures shows that tithing is a scriptural principle. Abraham and Jacob tithed 500 years BEFORE the Law was instituted. Moses, Malachi, and Jesus spoke of tithing DURING the period of the Law. The Apostle Paul explained tithing AFTER the Law. Christians ought to tithe!
bro i no see Isaac and the children of isreal from when joseph went to Egypt tro all the years there till exodus 20, again all the NT scripture u've cited none of them said anything about christian paying paying tithe, in deut 14 when God wanted isreal to eat their tithe he said so. When God wanted isreal to divide their tith among the livites, the widows, orphans and strangers he said so (deut 14:22-29, deut 26:12-13) why is it that when God wanted to collect tithe from christians he resorted to speaking in tongues only you can understand? I tire 4 u o. If i may ask, 'why are you like this?

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
bro i no see Isaac and the children of isreal from when joseph went to Egypt tro all the years there till exodus 20, again all the NT scripture u've cited none of them said anything about christian paying paying tithe, in deut 14 when God wanted isreal to eat their tithe he said so. When God wanted isreal to divide their tith among the livites, the widows, orphans and strangers he said so (deut 14:22-29, deut 26:12-13) why is it that when God wanted to collect tithe from christians he resorted to speaking in tongues only you can understand? I tire 4 u o. If i may ask, 'why are you like this?

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ Bidam, you dey try o grin But I asked you, do you agree the levitical priesthood is abolished?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo:

Why dont you also show us in the bible where Jesus said we shouldnt give tithe and where the apostles said we shouldnt give tithe? You people are just deceiving yourselves and your pride makes you think you know the bible now more than before. Satanic deceit. RUN AWAY FROM IT.
tithe was a matter of the OT law that's y u can only find in there, it was never part of the cross that y u cant find it in the NT. Do u understand?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
[b]st.OLA[/b]Tithing is of the law. The law has passed away as fulfilled by Christ, as acknowledged by Paul, as NUMEROUSLY indicated in both Paul's and other new testament letters . Its irrelevance is universally acknowledged even by most tithing pastors who promote Grace alone as advocated by Martin Luther.

So why hold on to agricultural tithing morphed into money? Moneytised firstfruits? Wave offering?. We all know anything that was of the law and can't be monetised has been done away with.

Bro please go through your Hebrews 5 6 7 8 9 10, with emphasis on the damning of the law and old covenant as uttered in the words of God himself.

Churches don't need to tithe b4 they'll have funds to pay the clergy or recurrent bills. Offerings can do a mighty lot on their own.
The tithes and offerings in the O.T. were used for the Temple and the Temple ministry (i.e., the priests, etc.) (Mal. 3:10). 1 Co. 9:13-14 applies this principle to the N.T. church. "Do you not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? EVEN SO hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel." Verse 13 relates to the O.T. practice. Verse 14 carries this practice over to N.T. churches. Your tithes and offerings are for the support, upkeep, and ministry of your Church. Tithes should never be designated--they are to be left free for use as the church body decides.
:
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
I hv followed all d posts since morning & resisted d urge 2 type but @bidam has forced my hand.

U really need 2 read ur posts 2 c hw thick u r. R u arguing 4 tithing or giving in church? It is clear u r mixing both up.
I grew up tithing & where I worship tithing is preached. But if u read up on tithing in OT u will find out dt d church has gotten it horribly wrong in d way it is handled now.
It will please u 2 realise dt money can come more into d congregation if there was a rallying call for giving from d hrt. Cue d early church in which ppl sold their lands & brought proceeds without being coerced.
@bidam is holding tenatiously 2 error because he cannot justify his being gullible over d yrs.

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by InvertedHammer: 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
I have a solution to all these brouhaha...

I AIN'T TITHING SH__T!

BITE ME!!!

..Let God and only God be my judge

cool
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bobbysworld28: I hv followed all d posts since morning & resisted d urge 2 type but @bidam has forced my hand.

U really need 2 read ur posts 2 c hw thick u r. R u arguing 4 tithing or giving in church? It is clear u r mixing both up.
I grew up tithing & where I worship tithing is preached. But if u read up on tithing in OT u will find out dt d church has gotten it horribly wrong in d way it is handled now.
It will please u 2 realise dt money can come more into d congregation if there was a rallying call for giving from d hrt. Cue d early church in which ppl sold their lands & brought proceeds without being coerced.
@bidam is holding tenatiously 2 error because he cannot justify his being gullible over d yrs.
WRONG judgement of me.tithing predates the law..Scriptures are clear we should give GOD our dues since we are in a dispensation of grace. GOD has given a minimum of 10%.If you can give more why not? go ahead depending on your grace to give.Since a minister's work involves teaching people the words of Scripture, how you treat
your minister reflects your estimation of the value of God's word, so that if you rob your
minister of his salary, you have no biblical justification to say that you love God and his
word. What you give to your minister will demonstrate whether you treasure God's word
"more than gold" (Psalm 19:10), or whether you will trample God's wisdom under your
feet, and then turn to abuse the one who delivers it to you (Matthew 7:6).
Of course, when Scripture commands you to support your minister, and especially your
doctrinal minister, it is referring to a minister that is faithful and competent. You are
under no obligation to support a heretic; rather, Scripture commands you to expose and
oppose him. Concerning one who teaches false doctrine, John writes, "Anyone who
welcomes him shares in his wicked work" (2 John 1:11). If you know that a minister
teaches heresy, then to support him with your money or to help his work in any way
would be to share in his sin. Instead, you must submit to a minister that teaches the true
biblical faith, and support his work with your money. This is such a simple point that you
might think we can just assume it, but whereas many people disobey the biblical
command to support their ministers, many others support the wrong ministers with their
money
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: you already have a preconceived notion it is false..so why bother?or do i sense FEAR that we tithers are right and you are wrong all-along?If you can't as a believer discern truth from error with all ola..image..and others ave said concerning tithing that it is more of spiritual principle than LEGALISTIC you guys always seems to bring up..then am afraid i can't help you..nobody taught me about tithing..it was a revelation borne out of a deep devotion and consistent walk with Jesus over the years...and i am telling you with all humility my conscience bearing me witness in the HOLY GHOST that EVERY WORD GOD spoke to me came to pass over the years e.g my admission,marriage.prophecies concerning my family and other brethren i came in contact with over the years..etc..i am bold to tell you that tithing is never a SCAM..JESUS told me so...you need to hear Jesus for yourself bro..and not heresies and distortions of scriptures from false brethren who claim they are Christians. One's spiritual sight determines his theology, which in turn determines his conduct.
tithe cant never be spiritual because is of canal origin. Pls no vex o, the day u claim Jesus spoke 2 u did u bother to check up 4 malaria? Them Malaria can b very funny, u know, just wondering, how come upon all the treasures of wisdon and knowledge embeded in Jesus, na onlx £ € $ ¥ ₹ and #naira u hear, no message on salvation, holiness, righteousness, justification, peace, love , prayer etc, na only naira u hear, well u try sha. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bidam, you dey try o grin But I asked you, do you agree the levitical priesthood is abolished?
ABEG COMOT JOOR grin grin. After we don talk about heb 7 tire una con open this yeye thread say tithes na for widows abi? Jesus our Melchizedek High priest is weeping in heaven for you guys right now..you better repent and give to God what belongs to GOD.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: tithe cant never be spiritual because is of canal origin. Pls no vex o, the day u claim Jesus spoke 2 u did u bother to check up 4 malaria? Them Malaria can b very funny, u know, just wondering, how come upon all the treasures of wisdon and knowledge embeded in Jesus, na onlx £ € $ ¥ ₹ and #naira u hear, no message on salvation, holiness, righteousness, justification, peace, love , prayer etc, na only naira u hear, well u try sha. God bless.
YOU ARE GODLESS AND SILLY.THIS IS MY LAST POST TO YOU.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
St.Ola:

I chose to respond to this because your dissection of my post makes it clumsy to reply without a great loss in time. I'll also like to correct the precedence you've tried to establish here.

From the books of exodus-leviticus-numbers-deuteronomy, and the parable of the pharisee and sinner, and from Hebrews we all know that tithes paid to levites was established as part of law under the levitical priesthood. It is not to be linked with a CHOICE royalty made by Abraham to the highpriest and KING of Salem. It has been revealed on this forum that it was only customary for Abraham to pay such royalty of a 10th of SPOILS OF WAR to a king he adjudged as being under his authority.
This had nothing to do with God giving a commandment under the law years later. For the tithing law was giving to solve a particular problem of levites lacking a land inheritance.
Even the admonition in Malachi was addressed to the levites/priests and not to the layfolks. So any pastor using such scripture is actually referring to himself as the robber.

Now concerning the law, you seem to hold on to your own preconceived ideas too. I tell you there's more than a few verses from the letters of paul that says no profit is gained in the law, that rebukes those who still adhered to jewish traditions of old testament law, Hebrews give you a record of God's opinion about the law and it's imperfection.

Tithing is of the law. The law has passed away as fulfilled by Christ, as acknowledged by Paul, as NUMEROUSLY indicated in both Paul's and other new testament letters . Its irrelevance is universally acknowledged even by most tithing pastors who promote Grace alone as advocated by Martin Luther.

Christianity is about the teachings of Christ, it has no pact with the law.It teaches you to give for the sake of the ministry but doesn't obligate a 10th of your income, you make your choice cheerfully. It teaches love as conveyed in our works. It also teaches not to hold on to the law lest you deny the redemption by grace obtained by the death and resurrection of Christ.
@Bidan, i told u, when u pay or collect tithe u reject Jesus and the cross and u're still in ur sins. Pls repent, stop this scam. Accept the free gift of Jesus.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 04, 2013
@bidam
Good dt we agree abt giving freely.
U said tithing predates d law? Let's say I agree. Who started it? Abraham! He gave 2 Melchizedek. Good! Christ is a priest after d order of Melchizedek, right? We r king-priests too like Christ (royal priesthood). If Melchizedek collected, it means we should be collecting tithes right? We shouldn't be d ones paying it. Conundrum? Yes!
Y did Abraham pay once in his time? Y nt monthly & at every increase?
Hv u read Malachi? In ur opinion who was d tirade aimed at? (Tip: read from d beginning of d book)
My submission: if u feel dt d church (in ur case d religious institution) owns 10% of ur earnings, go right ahead. I knw dt d church (in my case d ppl who christ died for including my parents, friends, brothers, widows, orphans etc) own 100% of mine & I administer as I deem fit.
No one will bring me into a bondage Christ set us free. Me sef I b man of God. I rest my case

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 12:14am On Mar 04, 2013
Bobbysworld28: I hv followed all d posts since morning & resisted d urge 2 type but @bidam has forced my hand.

me think Bidam is not the victim but the scammer ie the tithe collector, i may b wrong sha.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: @Bidan, i told u, when u pay or collect tithe u reject Jesus and the cross and u're still in ur sins. Pls repent, stop this scam. Accept the free gift of Jesus.
sorry i had to respond to this folly you mean your false jesus abi? LOOK at what the REAL Jesus told me to tell you mr.hypocrite.

Luke 12:47 "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.
John 9:41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 04, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
See many likes, people dey like nonsense sha
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 04, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @bidam
U said tithing predates d law? Let's say I agree. Who started it? Abraham! He gave 2 Melchizedek. Good! Christ is a priest after d order of Melchizedek, right? We r king-priests too like Christ (royal priesthood). If Melchizedek collected, it means we should be collecting tithes right? We shouldn't be d ones paying it. Conundrum? Yes!
Hv u read Malachi? In ur opinion who was d tirade aimed at? (Tip: read from d beginning of d book)
My submission: if u feel dt d church (in ur case d religious institution) owns 10% of ur earnings, go right ahead. I knw dt d church (in my case d ppl who christ died for including my parents, friends, brothers, widows, orphans etc) own 100% of mine & I administer as I deem fit.
No one will bring me into a bondage Christ set us free. Me sef I b man of God. I rest my case. ARE YOU CALLED INTO THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY?

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 04, 2013
No one will bring me into a bondage Christ set us free. Me sef I b man of God. I rest my case.
ARE YOU CALLED INTO THE FIVE-FOLD MINISTRY?

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 04, 2013
ighoosagie:
BRO...NARROW IS THE WAY AND WIDE IS THE Gate..u know na
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 12:24am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam, I dey come o. You go soon see something. grin You know say me I go expose you well well. grin My fear na make you never run comot before I reach out now grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 04, 2013
ighoosagie:

The people who like nonsense, are those who part with their hard earned cash to so called Apostles of GOD, who use this same money, not for the needs of the POOR or Children of GOD but to run and maintain their empires.

You people have been so deceived for years, it will take the same period of time to de-brainwash you all, we will never give up though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: ABEG COMOT JOOR grin grin. After we don talk about heb 7 tire una con open this yeye thread say tithes na for widows abi? Jesus our Melchizedek High priest is weeping in heaven for you guys right now..you better repent and give to God what belongs to GOD.
when Jesus was brutalised on the cross he did not cry, now because some guys don wise up and refuse to be scammed further by thiefing pastors Jesus is crying, that's stomach inspired gospel according to pst Bidam. Tithe is the bigest scam in human history. The time to stop it is now.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 12:30am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: ABEG COMOT JOOR grin grin. After we don talk about heb 7 tire una con open this yeye thread say tithes na for widows abi? Jesus our Melchizedek High priest is weeping in heaven for you guys right now..you better repent and give to God what belongs to GOD.
when Jesus was brutalised on the cross for sin he did not cry, now because some guys don wise up and refuse to be scammed further by thiefing pastors Jesus is crying for money, that's stomach inspired gospel according to pst Bidam. Tithe is the bigest scam in human history. The time to stop it is now.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 12:46am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: YOU ARE GODLESS AND SILLY.THIS IS MY LAST POST TO YOU.
bro no vex na? I was just showing concern o, Gosh and Fros make una helep me beg our bro o, i was just being concern o.. Or maybe Jesus was warning u in parable and u took it literary, one pastor once said, "when God talk to u about a thing, listen to what he didnt say", did u do this ? Next time when u want hear from God make sure u empty ur mind of all thoughts of tithe and money i gurantee u will hear him well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Reply)

Ghanaian Pastor Stabbed To Death By Nephew During Church Service (Photos) / What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.