Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48401 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: MY BRO..THE PROBLEM IS THAT THESE FALSE TEACHINGS HAS LED SO MANY ASTRAY THAT I WEEP FOR THE CHURCH...DISTORTION AND TWISTING OF SCRIPTURES AND CLAIMS THAT SINCE MALACHI IS OT..IT IS DONE AWAY WITH..WHEN CHRIST RETURNS WILL HE STILL FIND FAITH IN THE EARTH? MAY GOD HELP THE ELECT.

^^^^^^^

So how come tithing is not mentioned once in the acts of the apostles or any of the letters written by the apostles.

Why are the Gentiles told to only abstain from fornication and not to eat meat with the blood in it?

If tithing was such an important aspect of their worship, why is it not talked about.

Because it was not a valid part of this new faith.

Stop this fraud!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 8:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: BRO..RATHER you are the one who is blind to scriptural truth...so na until JESUS CHRIST appear to you and tell you to tithe before you go believe abi? my bro..go back to your first love..many are being led astray by false doctrines these days..becos they think tithes is for pastors and not Jesus..Thank GOD for the HOLY SPIRIT.

Bro, I already feel trying to bring you and fellow tithers to knowledge is a lost cause, but I'll still try.

Firstly, do you understand that because a law exist in the old testament, it doesn't have to apply to Christianity which is founded on the NEW COVENANT promised by God and established by Christ? The old testament contains records of Judaism, with laws commanded by God. He was not satisfied with the observance of those laws based on the old covenant so he promised another that was testated to with the blood of Christ. And the litany of rules and regulations contained in the law became nullified.

Secondly, evidence of this is rampant in the bible-new testament, with St.Paul rebuking Jewish Christians for trying to institutionalise jewish law(circumcision, Sabbath, passover etc) as christian faith. He warned rightly that the law was of no benefit to those who are saved by the blood of the lamb.

Thirdly, again, a law commanded to be observed in the old testament under the law does not auto transfer to the new testament. Both are different books under 2 different covenants established by the same God. Christ directed his disciples to go forth and spread HIS gospel and his own rules leading to salvation being the testator of the new covenant. Hence the 10commandments of old were reduced to 2, an adultress was spared her life against dictates of the law, he was accussed of not holding the sabbath sacred by healing a man, he gave us the beatitudes, he gave us the parable of doing good works to our neighbours as being done to him. If you must live by laws, then these are christian laws to emulate. Why adhere to obsolete jewish laws that God himself found displeasing and of no benefit to him who observed it?

About false doctrine, can you point to christian scripture(new testament) that support tithes? We all know that the levitical priesthood stands nullified under the new covenant, we know that pastors are not levites, most have enough inheritance both on the land and even in the air, we know Christ never promised his disciples a reward taxed from their converts, we know from the acts and pauline letters that tithing did not exist in the early church, we know for FACT that it was the Catholic Church using state apparatus that introduced tithes into christianity to consolidate its temporal powers and advance a church/state political system of government within a christianized roman empire.

Lastly, the parable of the pharisee and sinner records that christ said the the pharisee had ignored other weightier matters of the LAW but should still have delivered his tithes of agricultural produce. We learn from this that tithes was of the law and under the law it wasn't one of the weightiest of obligations, we know Christ was yet alive at this point so the law was still relevant up to the point he was crucified, we also learn from this parable that the sinner only asked for MERCY while the pharisee gave a reel of religious SACRIFICES he was making like keeping the rules of sabbath, paying his tithes etc. Christ noted that the sinner went home more justified.

So I close with this true advice given by christ: "I will have mercy not sacrifice"!

11 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ijawkid(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

I was banned for 2 days for calling the Pope the Anti-Christ

grin

gringrin......lol......oya no curse pope again o....e hear??......cheesy
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 8:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Stop being confused. When you give tithe with a loan its no more a tithe that you are giving. You give a tenth of your profit. Is loan a profit? NONSENSE. Thats why i said any pastor who ask people to give tithe with loan is being wicked and of course what the person is paying is no more tithe.He is only satisfying his greed. Offering also are not to be paid with loan. You give according to what you have and how the spirit of God leads you. Confused teacher stop mixing up issues. You are the one picking up old testament when it suits your senseless opinion and discarding it when it doesnt fit into it. NONSENSE.

frosbel2:

Stop being a hypocrite bro, you cannot pick one part of the law while rejecting the rest.

Also , you cannot pick one part of the tithe law and reject the rest , this is plain hypocrisy and it is a product of brainwashing.

For example, I am allowed to buy gulder or star with my tithes but people like you who belong the organisations of MEN will call this SIN.

".... Then shalt thou TURN IT INTO MONEY, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt GO unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose: And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul LUSTETH after, for oxen, or for sheep, or FOR WINE, or FOR STRONG DRINK, or for whatsoever thy soul DESIRETH: and thou shalt EAT THERE before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household " -- Deut. 14:22-26

Here we can see God's children eating the tithes and even drinking alcolhol.

Ehhmm, I am waiting for your twisted feedback wink
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: bro dont feel defeated, like i said , we are not here to win arguments, but to learn and teach each other, grow and become better christians, lets not engage in deaf and dumb or buhari arguments, if u have superior point bring out, we say the christian is not suposed to pay tithe with scriptures to back it up, if u believe otherwise show us a verse where Christ recieved or paid tithe, or where Paul, Peter, John etc paid to or collected tithes from christians. Speak the TRUTH and shame the devil. God bless.
You are now calling me a bro..wHat a hypocrite after calling me all manner of names in the other thread..this is what you said..LET ME QUOTE IT FOR OTHERS TO SEE
christemmbassey: the bible call ppl like you 'profane' because u make men think they can buy the love of God, after stealing, selling their bodies, doing ritual etc they bring ur 10% u collect blood money and tell them it is well. You kill a mans conscience and tell him It is well?, you keep aside the cross and look up to naira and u say u know Christ. See the diff between u and me, when u pray, u tell God, "i have paid my tithe" when i pray, i say, "father thank you for giving me all things in Christ" as a son, i enter and lambano but as a law observer u beg. Bro wisdom is the main thing, therefor,get wisdom.....
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo: Stop being confused. When you give tithe with a loan its no more a tithe that you are giving. You give a tenth of your profit. Is loan a profit? NONSENSE. Thats why i said any pastor who ask people to give tithe with loan is being wicked and of course what the person is paying is no more tithe.He is only satisfying his greed. Offering also are not to be paid with loan. You give according to what you have and how the spirit of God leads you. Confused teacher stop mixing up issues. You are the one picking up old testament when it suits your senseless opinion and discarding it when it doesnt fit into it. NONSENSE.

I will be surprised if you were to tow any other line than that of your man made organisation.

The tithe is abolished, it is a fraud propagated by members of the babylon system.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: GOOD QUESTION..this is what paul wrote"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it too much if we should reap material
things from you?" (1 Corinthians 9:11, NASB).
YES WE SHOULD GIVE TO PASTOR AND PASTOR SHOULD GIVE TOO BUT NOT TITHE, lets share like after the pentecost. Dont hide behind giving to pastor to scam ppl tro ththe .

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

^^^^^^^

So how come tithing is not mentioned once in the acts of the apostles or any of the letters written by the apostles.

Why are the Gentiles told to only abstain from fornication and not to eat meat with the blood in it?

If tithing was such an important aspect of their worship, why is it not talked about.

Stop this fraud!!

STOP YOUR OWN FRAUD. I pity innocent souls you are misleading with your useless teachings. See what pride has led you into. You feel you know the bible with all your satanic interpretations of it. You ve become a rebel in the house of God. It is only those who have not read your posts that wont understand your problem. You seek to know the truth of God's word but pride has polluted you. BE CAREFUL. GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo:

STOP YOUR OWN FRAUD. I pity innocent souls you are misleading with your useless teachings. See what pride has led you into. You feel you know the bible with all your satanic interpretations of it. You ve become a rebel in the house of God. It is only those who have not read your posts that wont understand your problem. You seek to know the truth of God's word but pride has polluted you. BE CAREFUL. GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER OF PERSONS.

I am not one of those who has suspended his brain and allows himself to be manipulated by frauds. grin

Carry your threats elsewhere.

I do not do Apostolic faith church or deeper life, I do Jesus and he has nothing to do with the fraud called Tithing.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
"They must be silenced, because they are turning whole families away from the truth by their false teaching. And they do it only for money." - Titus 1:11

"The dogs have a mighty appetite; they never have enough. But they are shepherds who have no understanding; they have all turned to their own way, each to his own gain, one and all." - Isaiah 56:11

Jeremiah 6:13 "From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit.

Micah 3:11-12, "The heads thereof judge for reward, and the priests thereof teach for hire, and the prophets thereof divine for money: yet will they lean upon the LORD, and say, Is not the LORD among us? none evil can come upon us. Therefore shall Zion for your sake be plowed as a field, and Jerusalem shall become heaps, and the mountain of the house as the high places of the forest."

1 Timothy 6:5, "Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."

2 Corinthians 2:17, "For we are not as the many, making gain by corrupting the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ."

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by tpia5: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
well, we await next week's message.

na sunday sunday planner.

get some rest, and prepare for your exhortation/battle against the believers next sunday.

other groups are in charge of other days, unless you folks decide to overlap or switch.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: it might be a burden to you..but it is NEVER a burden to me i make bold to say with all humilIty and sincerity that i give my tithes to JESUS and i ALSO DO CHARITY DEEDS to those in NEED in the church..giving is by grace not by compulsion..no one will put a gun to your head if you don't give..is it not funny that God hAS AMAZING WAYS OF PROVIDING FOR HIS CHURCH EVEN IF BELIEVERS DON'T RESPOND WHEN THERE IS A CALL TO GIVE IN CHURCH?
pls can you show us a verse in the bible whe Jesus said we should pay tithe to him or better still where he collected tithes while here on earth. If he did not collect tithe while he was on earth, what is he going to do with mon€y now that he's in heaven? Abi im want buy long spand to roof ur own part of mansion?. Whether u like it or not, this scam must stop now. God give u the grace to stop this scam.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by jeak123(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bro, I already feel trying to bring you and fellow tithers to knowledge is a lost cause, but I'll still try.
LOST CAUSE? I'll rather believe Jesus than a thousand distortions and twisting of scriptures you call exposition.

Firstly, do you understand that because a law exist in the old testament, it doesn't have to apply to Christianity which is founded on the NEW COVENANT promised by God and established by Christ? The old testament contains records of Judaism, with laws commanded by God. He was not satisfied with the observance of those laws based on the old covenant so he promised another that was testated to with the blood of Christ. And the litany of rules and regulations contained in the law became nullified.
you think so?Paul says, "We know that the law is spiritual" (Romans 7:14),TRY DEBUNKING THAT LETS SEE.

Secondly, evidence of this is rampant in the bible-new testament, with St.Paul rebuking Jewish Christians for trying to institutionalise jewish law(circumcision, Sabbath, passover etc) as christian faith. He warned rightly that the law was of no benefit to those who are saved by the blood of the lamb.
SHOW ME WHERE PAUL SPECIFICALLY WROTE TITHING WAS ABOLISHED AND I WILL REST MY CASE.

, again, a law commanded to be observed in the old testament under the law does not auto transfer to the new testament. Both are different books under 2 different covenants established by the same God. Christ directed his disciples to go forth and spread HIS gospel and his own rules leading to salvation being the testator of the new covenant. Hence the 10commandments of old were reduced to 2, an adultress was spared her life against dictates of the law, he was accussed of not holding the sabbath sacred by healing a man, he gave us the beatitudes, he gave us the parable of doing good works to our neighbours as being done to him. If you must live by laws, then these are christian laws to emulate. Why adhere to obsolete jewish laws that God himself found displeasing and of no benefit to him who observed it?
JEWISH LAWS are not obsolete rather, they were written by GOD for us to emulate and learn from..JOHN says HIS commandments are not grievous..Jesus even came to fulfill the law not to abolish them.
About false doctrine, can you point to christian scripture(new testament) that support tithes? We all know that the levitical priesthood stands nullified under the new covenant, we know that pastors are not levites, most have enough inheritance both on the land and even in the air, we know Christ never promised his disciples a reward taxed from their converts, we know from the acts and pauline letters that tithing did not exist in the early church, we know for FACT that it was the Catholic Church using state apparatus that introduced tithes into christianity to consolidate its temporal powers and advance a church/state political system of government within a christianized roman empire.
yes plenty..but lemme give you this one.."The elders who do good work as leaders should
be considered worthy of receiving double pay, especially those who work hard at
preaching and teaching" (1 Timothy 5:17, GNT). Some translations read, "double honor"
(KJV, NIV, etc.), but this is clearly wrong, since the very next verse says, "For the
Scripture says, 'Do not muzzle the ox while it is treading out the grain,' and 'The worker
deserves his wages'" (v. 18, NIV). The context is about money, or paying the ministers
what they deserve.

Lastly, the parable of the pharisee and sinner records that christ said the the pharisee had ignored other weightier matters of the LAW but should still have delivered his tithes of agricultural produce. We learn from this that tithes was of the law and under the law it wasn't one of the weightiest of obligations, we know Christ was yet alive at this point so the law was still relevant up to the point he was crucified, we also learn from this parable that the sinner only asked for MERCY while the pharisee gave a reel of religious SACRIFICES he was making like keeping the rules of sabbath, paying his tithes etc. Christ noted that the sinner went home more justified.
lies from the pit of hell..what Christ says when He was alive is still relevant and WEIGHTY even when He died and Resurrected or are you queshioning GOD COS HE CHOSE ISREAL TO BE HIS PEOPLE?

So I close with this true advice given by christ: "I will have mercy not sacrifice"!
[/quote]I also will close with this..i urge you by God's mercies to present your bodies(which includes your talents,time,tithes and offerings)as living sacrifices,holy and pleasing to God-this is YOUR SPIRITUAL ACT OF WORSHIP(Romans 12:1).
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
f
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
WHICH THREAT? Why should i threaten you when i have noting to lose or gain with your senseless message.

frosbel2:

I am not one of those who has suspended his brain and allows himself to be manipulated by frauds. grin

Carry your threats elsewhere.

I do not do Apostolic faith church or deeper life, I do Jesus and he has nothing to do with the fraud called Tithing.

Which Jesus? Jesus of Oyigbongbo or Jesus of Ikot Abasi? I dont see Jesus of the bible in your false teaching. When you speak the truth I know and the spirit of God tells me this is the truth. When you speak false i know too. Thats why i cannot be carried away by every wind of doctrines and teachings that is blowing here.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by StOla: 9:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
enilove:

Jesus told us that he has not come to abolish the law.

Tithe is relevant,if the new testament did not mention categorically that tithe is abolished,that means d apostles were faithful in tithing and never thought of not paying it.

The tithe is used by the church to spread the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

WISE THINKING IS:

If I pay my tithe to the pastor, can it hinder me from making heaven? If it is no,then it is better to pay it.

If I do not pay my tithe, can it hinder me from making heaven, if it is not abolished by God.?If it can hinder on the ground of robbery,& disobedience,then it is wise to pay the tithe.

If it is not required,and i did not pay. Would I have the same reward in heaven with those that paid their tithes foolishly to the pastors? Definitely not. At least part of the tithe will be used for God by the pastor.Like generating electrical power during service,printing of tracts,paying for the rental bill of the church premises or erecting the chuch building. Such a giver of d tithe will share in the reward.

If you read Matt 23:23 Jesus said" Woe to you,Scribes,Pharasees,hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin,& have neglected d WEIGHTIER matters of the law :justice and mercy and faithfulness.These you OUGHT TO HAVE DONE,WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE OTHERS.
This means it is compulsory but should be in conjuction with the other more important part of the law,like Justice etc.

Matt 5:20 "For I tell u ,unless ur righteousness exceeds that of d scribes and Pharasees,you will NEVER ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD. The Pharasees used to pay their tithes ,u too must pay your tithes,they negnected Justice ,mercy etc but you must add these to ur tithe, b4 you can make heaven.

Jesus said in Matt5:17 That he did not come to abolish the law.......19 "Ther4 whoever relaxes one of these commandments & teaches others to do d same will be called least in d kingdom of heaven,but he whoever DOES THEM & teaches them will be called great in d kingdom of heaven.

Non payment of tithe or payment to the widows or less previledged is relaxing the law.
An able bodied person will star to go to church toward end of the month,knowing that people will dstribute their tithes to him,as long as he puts on a torn cloth.

Another point is, if a widow collects tithe from a church member,who would she pay her tithe to?To the church or to a less priviledged widow? That second reciever would look for somebody else to give his tithe to ; and it will go on and on until it will no longer be divisible.This is confusion,unless the less priviledged will not pay tithe . If they do not pay tithe, then the giver of the tithe is also not bound to give his tithe.
Then the church of God will not have funds to finance its projects. The land on which ur church was erected was purchsed ,d building,the chairs,microphones,generators, goes into millions of naira.Monthly rental of space for some chuches is up to #300,000.00 per month
If you do not drop ur tithe, are u ready to follow what the early chuch practised in Acts 4:34"There was not a needy person among them ,for as many as were owners of lands or houses sold them & brought proceeds of what was sold".

They paid more than tithes,there is no law against this.

My advice to yoy and others is "LET US FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS.

To be carnally minded is death,but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Pay your tithe to ur pastor ,what he does with the tithe is no longer our business,he will give account of it on the day of judgement.

Thanks.

But by time Jesus Christ was done on earth, the law was no more. Are you saying we should still uphold jewish law? Are you saying St.Paul was a heretic for rebuking Jewish christians who tried to impose jewish ordinances on the gentile christians? Are you unaware that the God himself promised the new covenant that abolished the old? Are you saying you will forever hold-on to the law even when God has deemed it imperfect? Are you unaware that Christ said "My yoke is easy and my burden light"?

Now, do you accept as stated in Hebrews that "for under the LAW the levites received tithes of their brothers"?
Do you know that as a christian you have no obligation to the law? That's because it has passed away as designed by God himself who established a new covenant that had no more need for offerings, sacrifices, and all that was commanded by the law once the sacrifice of Christ the lamb of God had been made.

Your attempt to show why churches need tithes underscores that you don't even know what tithe was or was meant for. The levites had no land inheritance and ad such had no agricultural land produce. The 12landed-regions of israel was composed of 10sons of Jacob, excluding Levi and Joseph, the 2sons of Joseph completed the 12. So the levites were still left out because God had chosen that they will serve him in priesthood apart the sons of Aaron. As compensation for being landless, the 12landed tribes were to supply a tenth of land produce to the levites who then sacrificed a further tenth of what was received as offering to God.

Now, there were other rules regarding when an individual could retain his tithes or when the pool of tithes could be shared to assist the needy-widows, orphans etc. Beyond these exceptions, the tithes was meant solely for the levites and their families for God was their own inheritance. The structural needs of a temporal church are not to be financed with tithes. The land, the workers and all other bills to be paid by the church can be pooled by way of general or project specific offering.

Tithing has no place in Christianity. It is the greatest fraud in the history of mankind. The eastern orthodox church in eastern Europe has never tithed and it is alive and well. It never tithed because tithing only came up years after it had severed most ties with the Roman/western Catholic church, once more proving that tithes was introduced by Catholic christianity in the 4th century for it's own reasons. The practice was simply continued by the 16th century Protestants.

What new testament Christianity teaches is that you care for the needs of you neighbour as instructed by Christ, and that you give willingly and cheerfully, but not out of obligation as advised by St.Paul.

Fear not, discard of the law for no profit is to be found in it. As Hebrews stated about the law, "that which is made old, decayeth and is ready to vanish away".

Christian righteousness will never be attained by keeping obsolete laws you have been liberated from.
That is scripture as written!

6 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
[size=14pt]Satan's Infernal Revenue Service[/size]
Isaiah 56:11; Prov.22:16; Hosea 4:6; I Tim.6:5,10

I received a short newsletter in the e-mail which taught that we must not love money more than God. True, so far. It went into a shortlist of things we shouldn't love more than God. What stuck out like a sore thumb was the writer's assertion that we should never say: We can't give money to God because we must feed our kids!

What shameful religious chicanery! It doesn't take a high I.Q. to figure out the possible motivation behind that statement. Such a tactic appeals to people's sense of guilt and lets them know that if they feed their kids before they pay the preacher, they don't really love the Lord very much.

This article begs a question, too: When we give money to "God", does the Lord of Hosts up in the Heavenlies reach down His hand to take it because He is so poor He is about to go bankrupt? Does it not, rather, end up in some MAN'S bank account to fund the projects (or pleasureable things) which are dear to him? Isn't it just as legitimate to give to the Lord by giving alms to the poor as He leads? There is much more teaching in the New Testament about giving to the poor than to the preacher, though both forms of giving are Scriptural and sometimes necessary.

What constitutes giving to the Lord? Many take that to mean the act of givng only to professionally trained pulpit ministers. People are insidiously taught that the giving we do to our own loved ones and friends is an incidental expense and does not count toward giving to the Lord. But if anyone supposes our own Christian families and friends don't count as being in the Lord, that is flawed theology. Nowhere in the New Testament do you find the Body of Christ divided into clergy and laity, though each member has different gifts and callings (Rom.12:3-8 ).

When we feed our children, we minister also to the Lord, for whenever we do something kind for the LEAST of these His brethren, we do it also unto Him (Matt.25:31-46).. Let the children FIRST be filled, not after some professional preacher's pet projects have been financed. It is not meet (fitting) to take the children's bread and give it unto the building fund, a new steeple, etc. (principle based on Mark 7:27). Jesus taught the Pharisees that it is wrong to take money which ought to have gone toward feeding elderly parents and dedicate it to the Temple (Mark 7:10-13). Preachers today liken the Jewish Temple to the brick and mortar sheep shed where Christians congregate on Sunday. But just what IS the Temple of the New Covenant? God’s true Temple is built of living stones (I Peter 2:5). It is comprised of the whole Body of Christ's believers, not just the so-called clergy (Eph.2:18-22).

Jesus says in Matthew 10:42 that even if you give a cup of cold water to one of His little ones who believe in Him, you in no wise lose your reward! How shameful, that the idea is conveyed today in Christendom that only money counts as giving, and even then such giving is only acknowledged by God when it goes directly into the treasury of the institutional church.

Countless old ladies in America have dined on cat food in order to provide luxuries for TV preachers. And like a snake charmer, many smooth-talking preachers mesmerize their listeners into complying with them. The most beautiful religious lies are told to pry money out of God's poor people.

Alms were taken up in the New Testament mainly to feed the POOR, not construct new buildings. If any man provide not FOR HIS OWN HOUSE, he is counted as worse than an infidel who has denied the faith (I Tim.5:8 ). When people feel forced to give to professional ministers FIRST to the point of neglecting their own hungry families, they are being forced to be "worse than an infidel". Whoever DELIBERATELY instills guilt in Christians who feed their families first, so as to re-channel that money unto themselves, also falls into that category.

The Lord spoke this word to me on forced religious giving:

My heart is grieved by the mass exodus from the church of people who truly love me and can take no more pressure to give until it hurts. Many are so blinded by their tears of frustration that they not only desert the institutional church but keep their distance from anything which even remotely resembles true commitment to Christ. In their bewildered minds they cannot discern the difference. Why? These former followers of Mine were brainwashed and hoodwinked into casting their bread upon the waters so they could wait many, many days for their shipload of fruit to come in for seed sown.

Well, I cannot put My seal of approval upon error, even when that error is obeyed out of ignorance. My people are destroyed through lack of knowledge of the truth. He who gives to greedy dogs who can never have enough shall sink into the despair of deeper darkness and poverty. So many of My people found that their ship sank long before it reached the happy shore of fulfilment of their desires. But deception is like an intoxicating drug. You swear that you have had your very last fix and will take no more, but so many lack the courage to break free of error. It is a binding spirit of deception which holds My people in grievous bondage. Multitudes of disappointed Prosperity devotees are told to wait for the next wave to come in, then the next and the next. Perhaps next month, maybe next year, Scripture-twisters say, I will pour out blessings from heaven too numerous to count, if only those poor souls will keep on tithing out of their poverty and cheerfully do without the things they and their children need daily.

Those who cannot be persuaded to continue giving to satan's infernal revenue agents without visible reward are bound to their masters through other means. Threats issue from the pulpit that I will punish those who refuse to surrender to their teachers a tenth of their earned income or other monetary assets. Marinated in error, saints are brainwashed into associating Me, their loving Heavenly Father, with Pharaoh, who would not relent on the daily quota of bricks his overworked slaves must deliver. Only eternity will tell the heartbreak, emotional trauma and family feuds which are directly attributable to being taught a flawed, demonic concept of my nature and My relationship to My beloved Bride, the Church. Such crafty peddlers of lies who oppress my people skate on a very thin line which borders on blasphemy against the Holy Spirit because their slanderous sermons on giving impugn my character and rob Me of reputation as a God of perfect love.

Guilt-ridden saints fear to approach My Presence anymore, because they are taught that you must never appear before God empty. Yet those same unscrupulous prosperity teachers who teach you to come before Me with both hands full sometimes teach that you can only receive from Me if you hold out empty hands to receive! Why the inconsistency? To deny My all-sufficiency in presenting you guiltless before God the Father is to blaspheme against the precious offering of My Blood upon the heavenly Altar and to call it an inadequate offering on your behalf.

Just as sharks can smell blood a mile away, so those greedy infernal revenue agents can smell money from afar. So they hold infernal revenue services geared toward buttering up the congregants and getting them to open wide their purse strings, much more than their hearts, supposedly to Jesus.

These sleazy snakes are not My representatives anymore than Judas was my representative after he betrayed Me. And in My sight, they are every bit as bad because they have sold out My reputation in the sight of men for a bag of filthy lucre.

Those who know the real truth but hide it beneath a bushel basket in order to profiteer from the childlike innocence of babes in Christ, such shall suffer the greater damnation in the Day of Judgment, saith the Lord unto His Beloved Bride the Church. So do not cater to their lusts, and do not bow down before them as Baal lords. For most assuredly I have not sent these infernal revenue agents to bleed you dry.

Satan has.

Source
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
If church is a place to meet and help the less privilaged,i doubt a lot of christians would love to attend every sunday of the week.....
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

^^^^^^^

Stop this fraud!!
studying the bible with a preconceived ideas..remove that satanic blindfoldness from your eyes..read the whole bible concerning tithing.. Abraham Commenced it (Ge. 14:18-20). Jacob Continued it (Ge. 28:20-22). Moses Confirmed it (Le. 27:30). Malachi Commanded it (Mal. 3:10). Jesus Commended it (Mt. 23:23). God Commissioned it (1 Co. 9:14). Paul Conformed it (1 Co. 16:2). A study of these Scriptures shows that tithing is a scriptural principle. Abraham and Jacob tithed 500 years BEFORE the Law was instituted. Moses, Malachi, and Jesus spoke of tithing DURING the period of the Law. The Apostle Paul explained tithing AFTER the Law. Christians ought to tithe!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: studying the bible with a preconceived ideas..remove that satanic blindfoldness from your eyes..read the whole bible concerning tithing.. Abraham Commenced it (Ge. 14:18-20). Jacob Continued it (Ge. 28:20-22). Moses Confirmed it (Le. 27:30). Malachi Commanded it (Mal. 3:10). Jesus Commended it (Mt. 23:23). God Commissioned it (1 Co. 9:14). Paul Conformed it (1 Co. 16:2). A study of these Scriptures shows that tithing is a scriptural principle. Abraham and Jacob tithed 500 years BEFORE the Law was instituted. Moses, Malachi, and Jesus spoke of tithing DURING the period of the Law. The Apostle Paul explained tithing AFTER the Law. Christians ought to tithe!

Try and make a coherent argument , stop this wild throwing around of scripture you do not understand.

You are deceived because you choose to be deceived or have been brainwashed for eons.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 9:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can you show us a verse in the bible whe Jesus said we should pay tithe to him or better still where he collected tithes while here on earth. If he did not collect tithe while he was on earth, what is he going to do with mo€y now that he's in heaven? Abi im want buy long spand to roof ur own part of mansion?. Whether u like it or not, this scam must stop now. God give u the grace to stop this scam.

Why dont you also show us in the bible where Jesus said we shouldnt give tithe and where the apostles said we shouldnt give tithe? You people are just deceiving yourselves and your pride makes you think you know the bible now more than before. Satanic deceit. RUN AWAY FROM IT.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by kufre2010: 9:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis: Crap!

God did not say you should give your TITHE (God's 1/10th demand) to the poor...

If you want to give to the poor, c'mon, you can even give your FULL salary after paying the tithe to the church..
You can get a big loan and give to the poor, NO ONE will stop you..

And only a f00l will practise that which you suggested...
You don't need to show the whole congregation what you want to give.... Invite them to your house, pack your belongings and money and properties for them smiley
BUT
Your tithe is for God! Try and change his order by trying to use your "professor wisdom" and you're doomed...
If God wanted us to do that, he'd have given us the commandment!

These things have been written before our greatgrandfathers were born and you can not change it with your JET age 21st century terrestial sense...
bros what do Jesus mean when he said we should not accumulate too much wealth instead we should give it to the poor. Or is it better to let the poor die while pastor are using this money in servicing private jets?

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
kufre2010: bros what do Jesus mean when he said we should not accumulate too much wealth instead we should give it to the poor. Or is it better to let the poor die while pastor are using this money in servicing private jets?

A good question, many of these people are in it for themselves, they have no love for others.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Interesting !

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by emmydee(m): 10:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
Tithe is of the law. Those who are under the law should obey the law.
I mean, only those who consider themselves as under the law should
bring their tithes to the church.

We are new CREATION. We are not under the law.So we do not have any dealings
with tithes. Stop wasting your efforts. Come to think of it, where are the
10 commandment? Do you keep all ten of them? Is tithing among the 10 commandments?
C'mon, guys, shine ur eyes. Paying of tithes CAN NEVER give you salvation.
You simply need to wake up and reason!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: pls can you show us a verse in the bible whe Jesus said we should pay tithe to him or better still where he collected tithes while here on earth. If he did not collect tithe while he was on earth, what is he going to do with mo€y now that he's in heaven? Abi im want buy long spand to roof ur own part of mansion?. Whether u like it or not, this scam must stop now. God give u the grace to stop this scam.
you already have a preconceived notion it is false..so why bother?or do i sense FEAR that we tithers are right and you are wrong all-along?If you can't as a believer discern truth from error with all ola..image..and others ave said concerning tithing that it is more of spiritual principle than LEGALISTIC you guys always seems to bring up..then am afraid i can't help you..nobody taught me about tithing..it was a revelation borne out of a deep devotion and consistent walk with Jesus over the years...and i am telling you with all humility my conscience bearing me witness in the HOLY GHOST that EVERY WORD GOD spoke to me came to pass over the years e.g my admission,marriage.prophecies concerning my family and other brethren i came in contact with over the years..etc..i am bold to tell you that tithing is never a SCAM..JESUS told me so...you need to hear Jesus for yourself bro..and not heresies and distortions of scriptures from false brethren who claim they are Christians. One's spiritual sight determines his theology, which in turn determines his conduct.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by emmydee(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
CURSES OF PAYING TITHES

CURSE OF PAYING TITHES: The Curse of The Law: Gal3:10
TITHING is one of the works of the Law as commanded to be observed Year by Year as a
means of worship before the Lord in the place He has chosen.
TITHING is NOT giving one tenth of one’s income as is falsely taught by many out of
covetousness and dishonest gain Titus1:10-11. TITHING involves all the OBLIGATORY
activities about the a tenth of one’s increase Year by Year. These OBLIGATORY activities
include: Pilgrimage to Jerusalem with whole household, Eating and Drinking and Rejoicing
with whole household before the LORD in Jerusalem, Giving a portion to the Levite.
And in the third Year which is the Year of TITHING, Giving to the Levite, the stranger,
the fatherless and the widow.
NOTE THAT MONEY IS NOT INVOLVED IN TITHING, OTHERWISE THE PURPOSE OF TITHING WILL BE DEFEATED
according to the Law of Moses in which is the commandment of TITHING:
22"You shall truly tithe all the increase of your grain that the field produces year by year.
23And YOU SHALL EAT before the LORD your God, in the place where He chooses to make His name abide,
the tithe of your grain and your new wine and your oil, of the firstborn of your herds and your flocks,
that you may learn to fear the LORD your God always. 24But if the journey is too long for you,
so that you are not able to carry the tithe, or if the place where the LORD your God chooses
to put His name is too far from you, when the LORD your God has blessed you, 25then you shall
exchange it for money, take the money in your hand, and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
26And you shall spend that money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen or sheep, for wine or
similar drink, for whatever your heart desires; YOU SHALL EAT there before the LORD your God,
and you shall rejoice, you and your household. 27You shall not forsake the Levite who is within
your gates, for he has no part nor inheritance with you. 28"At the end of every third year you shall
bring out the tithe of your produce of that year and store it up within your gates. 29And the Levite,
because he has no portion nor inheritance with you, and the stranger and the fatherless and the widow
who are within your gates, may come and eat and be satisfied, that the LORD your God may bless you in
all the work of your hand which you do. Deut14:22-29; (Deut12:4-14, 17-18; Deut26:11-15).
Take note that nothing shall be added to the commandment of God, and nothing shall be taken away from it
otherwise one is to be put to death: spiritually which brings about leanness in one’s soul
(Psam106:15; Psalm107:10-12), and physically by the people (Deut13:5; Deut21:21):
You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take from it, that you may keep the
commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deut4:2.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 10:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
I'm still jogging and warming up at the sidelines for second rounds, coming up with more expository teachings. You know I don't argue, I teach scriptures in context cool
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by joeralph(m): 10:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
I think u guys misunderstood the bible thats why you are struggling about what to give & what not,WHAT MATTERS MOST IS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW CHRIST AND THE QUESTION OF HOW TO MEET HIM 'AS SAVIOUR OR JUDGE?' Tithing & giving are secondary not primary requirement for making heaven,OBEDIENCE is PRIMARY.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by alexleo(m): 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman To Appear Before DSS With 30 Lawyers / Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.