Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48590 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 04, 2013
My submission: if u feel dt d church (in ur case d religious institution) owns 10% of ur earnings, go right ahead. I knw dt d church (in my case d ppl who christ died for including my parents, friends, brothers, widows, orphans etc) own 100% of mine & I administer as I deem fit.
No one will bring me into a bondage Christ set us free. Me sef I b man of God. I rest my case
wrong motives..God is no author of confusion.. He instituted the five-fold ministry for a reason. He is a God of ORDER..There are certain blessings and gifting that God cannot release to the Body of Christ except the Apostles and Prophets etc are respected and honored. Don't be carried away by the false doctrines frosbel and co are peddling to discredit God's ministers..they will give account of every idle words even here on the internet. I just pray they repent before it is too late.YOU BE MAN OF GOD ABI? OK GO OPEN YOUR CHURCH NA.OR DO YOU THINK MOST GENUINE MINSTERS WHO ARE CALLED BY GOD REALLY WANTED TO PREACH THE GOSPEL?PEOPLE WHO MASSIVELY GO TO THESE CHURCHES AND PAY THEIR TITHES ARE NOT FOOLS AS YOU AND YOUR LIKES PRESUME. PPLE WHO GIVE BECOS THEY WERE CAJOLED ARE JUST BLIND TO SCRIPTURAL TRUTHS..THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THE WORD OF GOD FOR THEMSELVES LIKE THE BEREAN CHRISTIANS and obey GOD RATHER THAN SWEET TONGUES OF MEN.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 1:08am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: sorry i had to respond to this folly you mean your false jesus abi? LOOK at what the REAL Jesus told me to tell you mr.hypocrite.

Luke 12:47 "That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows.
John 9:41 Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.
2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.
i know u don vex, i will talk to u when u r sober, but my nsg is' yes we must support the pastors and the church but not tro tithe, if u say a christian can not b blessed untill he pays tithe, it means u've placed a condemn thing over a treasure and that is profanity. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 1:35am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: wrong motives..God is no author of confusion.. He instituted the five-fold ministry for a reason. He is a God of ORDER..There are certain blessings and gifting that God cannot release to the Body of Christ except the Apostles and Prophets etc are respected and honored. Don't be carried away by the false doctrines frosbel and co are peddling to discredit God's ministers..they will give account of every idle words even here on the internet. I just pray they repent before it is too late.YOU BE MAN OF GOD ABI? OK GO OPEN YOUR CHURCH NA.OR DO YOU THINK MOST GENUINE MINSTERS WHO ARE CALLED BY GOD REALLY WANTED TO PREACH THE GOSPEL?PEOPLE WHO MASSIVELY GO TO THESE CHURCHES AND PAY THEIR TITHES ARE NOT FOOLS AS YOU AND YOUR LIKES PRESUME. PPLE WHO GIVE BECOS THEY WERE CAJOLED ARE JUST BLIND TO SCRIPTURAL TRUTHS..THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THE WORD OF GOD FOR THEMSELVES LIKE THE BEREAN CHRISTIANS and obey GOD RATHER THAN SWEET TONGUES OF MEN.
this is old skool try another trick, i mean the threat of 'they will render account' its like quoting malachi3 to extort money from the guilibles, its obsolet, just like tithe doctrine it seeks to propergate. Like i said b4, we are not here to win arguments, but to learn, teach each other and set the captives free. Frosbel, Goshen et al have taught us that tithe was abolished by the death of Jesus and that there is no scripture where christians are commanded to pay tithe all these with aray of scriptures to backup their stand, now if u think odawise, i think the best thing would be to teach us with scriptures, why they are wrong. Pls sir, may i remind u with all respects, that, this is not ur church but an online forum, where we all buy our MB and use gadgets to discus freely to learn. Pls i really want ur opinion on deut 14:21-29, deut 26:12-13 and Hew7. God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by JamesAbudu: 1:52am On Mar 04, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!

This is pure ignorance!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by futureisnow: 2:08am On Mar 04, 2013
Sometimes we argue blindly because of shallow or lack of knowledge. Tithing is not for a new testament believer. The new testament believer is taught to give under grace and guidance of the Holy spirit and not under the compulsion of law.{ 1cor.16:1-2, 2cor.8:1-15, 9:1-15, Gal.6:6-8, Jas.2:13-17, 1John.3:16-19.
From the above scriptures you will observe that giving in new testament is free and voluntarily. There are four things Christians must do in giving;they must give willingly from the heart; they must not give grudgingly; they must not give of compulsion; they must give cheerfully.{2cor.8:12, 9:5,7}

Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedec{Gen.14:18-20; this is not a set of rule; it's just significant of what giving should be when you want to appreciate God as the superior being.{Melchizedec as a priest of most high God}. The significance of Malachi.3:8-11 is all about "giving" to a new testament believer. Old testament is a shadow of the real thing to come. All have been fulfilled in Christ Jesus who gave us {the new testament believers}the Holy spirit to teach us all things. {Heb.7:19, 22-28, 8:6-13, 9:11-15}.

Let me strike a balance in this discussion,if you are convinced that "you must pay tithe" by the Holy spirit you can go ahead but do not make doctrine out of it,it purely personal. You can give your tithe to a local church or to someone in need {Deut.14:28-29} Give because you are a steward,because you love God and give by "FAITH". Most people give because they are :afraid" of destroyers, they give because they want blessings{...wrong motive},if what they are looking for fails to come they term God a liar. GIVE BECAUSE YOU LOVE GOD AND ALWAYS BE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 2:12am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam:
The tithes and offerings in the O.T. were used for the Temple and the Temple ministry (i.e., the priests, etc.) (Mal. 3:10). 1 Co. 9:13-14 applies this principle to the N.T. church. "Do you not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? EVEN SO hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel." Verse 13 relates to the O.T. practice. Verse 14 carries this practice over to N.T. churches. Your tithes and offerings are for the support, upkeep, and ministry of your Church. Tithes should never be designated--they are to be left free for use as the church body decides.
:

Okay, I've come to do thy will O Lord. Lemme me begin to puncture 'some' of your lies and scripture twisting. You've been parading these 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 and apply 'tithe' to the context. See, I know who you are, using another I.D but I will keep it cool with you without mentioning your real person, okay. That's not that important, I just want you to know that I know you for real. Now, back to 1 Corinthians 9:13-14,

13Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

Goshen360:

The lies of those who use 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 to 'insert' tithe into the words of Apostle Paul. If they are saying Apostle Paul meant 'tithe' in that context, without mentioning the word tithe; will that mean if I go preaching the gospel, doing evangelism, I should collect tithe? After all, I'm preaching the gospel. If I preach the gospel on Nairaland, I should collect tithe?....because it says those who preach the gospel should live by the gospel? So everyone that goes on preaching the gospel (in villages, in the buses, in schools, anywhere etc etc) should collect tithe? Is that what Paul is saying? If we go preaching the gospel to sinners, we should collect tithe from them for preaching the gospel to them? Is that what Paul is saying? Apostle Paul is not of those that peddles the gospel for profit. I will expand more during the week.

The first thing we needed to do is go back to establish where "the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel". When the Lord established it, did the Lord mentioned tithe? I take you back to Luke 10:6-7 or Matthew 10:10. That's where the Lord ordained it. Let's hear what Christ said,

New International Version (©1984)
"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. "When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.' - Luke 10:5-9

A careful look at the scripture in 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 shows a parallel COMPARISON of how the Old testament levites\priest were supported AND what Christ commanded for those who preach the gospel WITHOUT THE USE OF THE WORD TITHE. Why? Because the labourer is worthy of his wages. Apostle Paul NEVER used the word tithe but rather referred to what the Lord ordained for those who preach the gospel. As we can see in Luke, where the Lord ordained it - IT IS WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU....when you go preaching the gospel. But today, it is those who preach the gospel that are demanding money from those they preach the gospel to. A sharp contradiction to what Christ ordained. NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE DID CHRIST COMMANDED OR ORDAINED THAT THOSE WHO PREACH THE GOSPEL ARE TO COLLECT TITHES BECAUSE THAT COMMANDMENT WAS FOR THE TRIBE OF LEVI UNDER THE MOSAIC LAW.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:01am On Mar 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, I've come to do thy will O Lord. Lemme me begin to puncture 'some' of your lies and scripture twisting. You've been parading these 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 and apply 'tithe' to the context. See, I know who you are, using another I.D but I will keep it cool with you without mentioning your real person, okay. That's not that important, I just want you to know that I know you for real. Now, back to 1 Corinthians 9:13-14,

13Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with the altar? 14Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.

The first thing we needed to do is go back to establish where "the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel". When the Lord established it, did the Lord mentioned tithe? I take you back to Luke 10:6-7 or Matthew 10:10. That's where the Lord ordained it. Let's hear what Christ said,

New International Version (©1984)
"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. "When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.' - Luke 10:5-9

A careful look at the scripture in 1 Corinthians 9:13-14 shows a parallel COMPARISON of how the Old testament levites\priest were supported AND what Christ commanded for those who preach the gospel WITHOUT THE USE OF THE WORD TITHE. Why? Because the labourer is worthy of his wages. Apostle Paul NEVER used the word tithe but rather referred to what the Lord ordained for those who preach the gospel. As we can see in Luke, where the Lord ordained it - IT IS WHATEVER THEY GIVE YOU....when you go preaching the gospel. But today, it is those who preach the gospel that are demanding money from those they preach the gospel to. A sharp contradiction to what Christ ordained. NOWHERE IN SCRIPTURE DID CHRIST COMMANDED OR ORDAINED THAT THOSE WHO PREACH THE GOSPEL ARE TO COLLECT TITHES BECAUSE THAT COMMANDMENT WAS FOR THE TRIBE OF LEVI UNDER THE MOSAIC LAW.
if i may ask, who do they preach to? Do they preach to the christian or unbelievers? The beviever does not need the gospel, he has already believed the gospel, so the man that need the gospel is the unbeliever, let them go and collect tithes from unbelievers. GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: if i may ask, who do they preach to? Do they preach to the christian or unbelievers? The beviever does not need the gospel, he has already believed the gospel, so the man that need the gospel is the unbeliever, let them go and collect tithes from unbelievers. GOD BLESS
for every greedy or dishonest person who calls himself a Christian
minister, there are thousands of stingy and covetous people who call themselves
Christians. Why should the counterfeit silence the genuine? Should not the true and
faithful ministers of God speak all the louder and bolder, so that the true word from God
may be heard? And should not true Christians encourage such bold speech about money,
rather than suppress it? The truth is that those who oppose sermons or books that teach
Christian obligation and generosity do so to hide their covetousness and defiance, and to
suppress their tormented conscience.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: this is old skool try another trick, i mean the threat of 'they will render account' its like quoting malachi3 to extort money from the guilibles, its obsolet, just like tithe doctrine it seeks to propergate. Like i said b4, we are not here to win arguments, but to learn, teach each other and set the captives free. Frosbel, Goshen et al have taught us that tithe was abolished by the death of Jesus and that there is no scripture where christians are commanded to pay tithe all these with aray of scriptures to backup their stand, now if u think odawise, i think the best thing would be to teach us with scriptures, why they are wrong. Pls sir, may i remind u with all respects, that, this is not ur church but an online forum, where we all buy our MB and use gadgets to discus freely to learn. Pls i really want ur opinion on deut 14:21-29, deut 26:12-13 and Hew7. God bless.
let me teach you malachi 3:6-12..there is a lesson God want us to learn..let me see whether you have sound theology and not this distortion and confusion you are into..It is like you don't yet realize God NEVER CHANGES..what HE spoke to national Isreal still applies in principles to us.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even
from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not
kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye
said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye
say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse:
for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith
the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the
devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither
shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And
all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of
hosts. (Malachi 3:6-12)

The spiritual condition of the clergy is often reflected in the general believers. The
ministers who preach sound theology and practice godliness give clear direction to the
people, who can then apply biblical precepts to their life and thought, resulting in godly
living. Now, contrary to what many people believe, Christians must obey even
hypocritical ministers as long as these ministers teach sound doctrine, even if they
disobey it themselves: "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
So
you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they
do not practice what they preach" (Matthew 23:2-3). Therefore, providing biblical
teaching without personal examples should be sufficient to command obedience in the
people; nevertheless, Scripture commands a minister to be a good example to the people
by his godly conduct, so that he does not become a hypocrite in denying what he
preaches by his sinful behavior (Titus 1:16). In any case, a person can never excuse his
disobedience by pointing to hypocritical ministers. Each of us will give an account to
God.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 04, 2013
In other words, a person must not require an example to model after before he obeys God,
but he should only require knowledge of what God commands; however, it remains a
minister's duty to be an example of godly living (1 Timothy 4:12; 1 Corinthians 9:27).
Without personal examples, some people might find it more difficult to apply God's word
to their lives; nevertheless, when there is no one who can serve as an example of godly
living, a Christian should still be able to obey God by imitating Christ based on the
information about him in Scripture (1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1; John 10:4-5;
Hebrews 12:2).
The fact that ministers carry the responsibility of teaching and obeying the word of God
(Matthew 5:19) does not mean that the rest of the people are blameless when spiritual
decline occurs.
The Bible notes that even when there is nothing wrong with the ministers,the people often rebel against the Lord: "But the house of Israel will not hearken unto
thee; for they will not hearken unto me: for all the house of Israel are impudent and
hardhearted" (Ezekiel 3:7);[b] "For the time will come when they will not endure sound
doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching
ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables"
(2 Timothy 4:3-4). Since apostasy cannot be blamed solely on the clergy, Malachi turns
to address the people, and reprimands them for their lack of devotion to the Lord.
God first reminds the hearers of his immutability, saying, "I am the Lord, I change not"
(v. 6). God's attributes remains the same, and they will never change. He is not subject to
any external influence, and he is eternal so that there is no before or after in his being, so
that he does not change. His omniscience implies that he has no succession of thoughts,
and therefore he does not change his mind. His knowledge and decisions eternally exist
in his mind, and are not subject to alteration. Since he knows all, he does not gain
knowledge, and nothing surprises him. Since he is eternally immutable and
comprehensively perfect, he never becomes better or worse.[/b]
However, Malachi is not focusing on God's ontological immutability, but his unchanging
policy toward his covenant people, and so he says, "therefore ye sons of Jacob are not
consumed" (v. 6).1 That is, although Israel has been rebelling against God's laws
throughout the generations (v. 7), it has never been completely extinguished by God. This
echoes Malachi's earlier argument – whereas Edom has been destroyed and is not allowed
to rebuild, Israel has also come under God's judgment, but is allowed to rebuild their
nation by God's providence.
The people of Israel have accused God of being unjust to his own people, and that he has
even been kind to evildoers. They accuse him of being unfaithful to his promises toward
Abraham and Israel, seeing how the nation is not prospering as they have expected. God
answers that he has not changed, but it is Israel that is at fault for departing from his
ordinances (v. 7). In fact, it is precisely because of God's faithfulness that the people of
Israel are "not consumed" (v. 6) despite their sinfulness. TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by brilapluz(m): 6:53am On Mar 04, 2013
2sexy.net:

PLease, get me the very verse of the bolded.

I have something to say but I cant remember that particular verse. No doubt, the bible has been twisted and distorted.

The truth is that how we give also affect our progress in life... God knows this. I am one who take pleasure, so much pleasure, to give people I do not know.

Till date, people still wonder how I completed my HND without my parents.

The bible says, Give and Ye Shall Receive... Everything I have recieved from 2009 till date are from strangers and people who are not even related to me by blood. I really dont want to go into details but the recent one is a Job prospect. It is currently on now and by God's grace, it will be solved before I finish my NYSC which is starting by Tuesday...

Why am I saying this? if you think you will only be bless or more blessed when you give to your pastor, you dont know what you are missing...

I have helped a total stranger with transport money and 3 days later, I didnt pay a dime till I got home.

I have given a total stranger some valuable information and receieved some kinds from another total stranger some days later....

I could go on and on like that...

Give to people you do not know, people in need, people whom you know cant bless you or reward you back and see God''s work in your life...

I have been blessed in many ways by people who I do not because I have helped people who I do not know...
keep it up my dear...God has already blessed U so much 4 ur generousity...

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ijawkid(m): 6:58am On Mar 04, 2013
alexleo:

Why dont you also show us in the bible where Jesus said we shouldnt give tithe and where the apostles said we shouldnt give tithe? You people are just deceiving yourselves and your pride makes you think you know the bible now more than before. Satanic deceit. RUN AWAY FROM IT.

When the priestly and levetical class aint anymore who should receive tithes??..when the recepients whom the very tithe was made for no longer exists why do you still want to pay tithes...............please show me just one levite today who's descent is from aaron and then I will start paying tithes.......the last time I checked Jesus is now our high priest....so I don't know what you've been arguing relentlessly about..........

I just don't know why simple scriptural truths can't get to you guys........there was never a time any servant of God of old paid tithes to a non-priest or a non-levite.......can you please show me today priests and levites so that we can all tithe to death??..........
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 04, 2013
ijawkid:

When the priestly and levetical class aint anymore who should receive tithes??..when the recepients whom the very tithe was made for no longer exists why do you still want to pay tithes...............please show me just one levite today who's descent is from aaron and then I will start paying tithes.......the last time I checked Jesus is now our high priest....so I don't know what you've been arguing relentlessly about..........

I just don't know why simple scriptural truths can't get to you guys........there was never a time any servant of God of old paid tithes to a non-priest or a non-levite.......can you please show me today priests and levites so that we can all tithe to death??..........
And i thought this guy is an Adventist. Do you still observe the Sabbath? or are you just being hypocritical here to draw attention.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by yeko68: 7:20am On Mar 04, 2013
As Christian we have to be guided by the Bible. There is a difference between tithe,offering and alms. What you emphasise here is alms. Each has a reward.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 7:32am On Mar 04, 2013
@bidam
Pls answer my questions. Don't divert.

FYI, d tag man of God isn't 4 pastors alone. Man of God is wht it is, man of God. I'm not a man of satan so take ur godly threats & shove them where d sun don't shine. Must u be in d 5 fold ministry 2 evangelise 2 sinners or 2 evn exhibit d gifts of d spirit?
Incase u didn't knw d pastors are first among equals. We r all equal bros & if u hv read abt leadership I will realise dt peddling title is d lowest form of leadership. So spare me d bs.

Pls answer my questions. I'm waiting
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by pautex: 7:33am On Mar 04, 2013
davidylan: bros you want to create animosity between you and the pastor? grin

NOPE,WHAT HE SAID IS A PURE FACT. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Diligence: 7:46am On Mar 04, 2013
Obey God first, then you can use other means to reach out to the poor and needy who would always be present..."We would rather obey God not men..." the bible says over and over again.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by dederocs(m): 7:51am On Mar 04, 2013
most of these pastors are self serving,it is a shame our people are so gullible and superstitious...shame on Nigerians,they treat a "so called" pastor like he is a god.most of these pastors are fake.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by dederocs(m): 7:54am On Mar 04, 2013
Diligence: Obey God first, then you can use other means to reach out to the poor and needy who would always be present..."We would rather obey God not men..." the bible says over and over again.
maybe u re a pastor,what do u mean by the bible says obey God First...didn't Jesus say Love your God with all your heart for this is the greatest commandment,then Love your neighbor as yourself.
your pastor will use the money to buy jeep,while the poor widow needs the money to eat.or is the money going to heaven?

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:16am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam:
for every greedy or dishonest person who calls himself a Christian
minister, there are thousands of stingy and covetous people who call themselves
Christians. Why should the counterfeit silence the genuine? Should not the true and
faithful ministers of God speak all the louder and bolder, so that the true word from God
may be heard? And should not true Christians encourage such bold speech about money,
rather than suppress it? The truth is that those who oppose sermons or books that teach
Christian obligation and generosity do so to hide their covetousness and defiance, and to
suppress their tormented conscience.
if a pastor refuse to steal money tro tithe what wrong has he done? Can you charge a man to court because he refused to steal? Tithe was abolished by the cross and u know it, btween the pastor who robs ppl with a gun(mal 3) and the pastor who rescues the victims with knowledge(HEB 7, etc) who is coveteous, greedy dishonest and a false teacher. Filthy lucre no gree u make sensible posts. You who teach odas not to steal, do you steal? YES, HOW? Tro COLLECTION OF TITHES. Repent, repent re pent and steal no more.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 04, 2013
how come no pastor ever quotes from Deut 14, especialy the part that says you can use it to buy beer and drink?

"26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,"

Let nobody be misled, the bible says whatsoever you do to the leas of my brethren,that you do unto me, when i was hungry you gave me to eat, thirsty you gave me drink...i can't remember meeting a hungry or thirsty or naked pastor...Paul also said that no man should be forced to give anything against your wish,besides why do we believe only tithe from old testament when Jesus's blood has paid all our dues? Why go back to the law when we have the grace? which is supreme?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 9:39am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: And i thought this guy is an Adventist. Do you still observe the Sabbath? or are you just being hypocritical here to draw attention.
answer the man's question joor, are u a levites or ur GO? dishonesty has no hiding place, u must repent and trust in the Lord.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by JIL(m): 9:46am On Mar 04, 2013
Proponents of tithing have blatantly refused for years to provide a single bible verse to support their argument that Christians were mandated to tithe. I refused to be drawn into this tithing debate because Jesus said that there were more important matters to attend to. However, I do decide to chip in my 2 cents now and then because of the need to expose the doctrines of men.

Did Paul and the Apostles in all their epistles deliberately ignore the word tithing? Methinks it was completely ignored as it wasn't a requirement for Christians. Those who go about threatening and calling others all sort of names despite showing verifying proof from scripture that tithing is an obsolete practice for Christians are direct beneficiaries of this very practice.

I advice believers to please read their bibles and to verify from scriptures whatever any man, pastor or not tells them. Meditate on these words and let the Spirit of truth lead you;

2 Peter 2:3

New International Version (NIV)

3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Remain blessed and delivered from the twisted gospel of men.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 9:48am On Mar 04, 2013
graluxxy054: I don't know y people like creating problems for themselves. I don't know y people like involving themselves in things that does not concern them? Leave God and pastors matter alone before you incur Gods wrath upon yourself. Don't add or subtract anything to/from the Bible. I've read my Bible and I've not seen where God instructed us to give our offerings and tithes to the poor. If u want to give to the poor, do it the right way and at the right time. Stop twisting Gods word to suit yourself and situation!

If you're in d league of those that tell people things that are not in d Bible, desist from it now cos God will hold u responsible for every soul you mislead

My brother,pls why not quit these threats? can't you see they DO NOT work? inasmuch as i don't agree with personal abuse on anybody(not only MOG), you should know if you are a christian that the era of Elijah calling down fire from heaven on enemies is over as we're under grace and not law.So gone too is that favorite threat of devourers on Non-Tithers.

It's these threats Christians issue that fail to materialize and non Christians laugh themselves silly.If only they do work,Frosbel,pastor Kun and Goshen360 should have been begging under a bridge now.

The following questions have been asked on this thread and similar ones

1.Who are the Levites today?
2.Who are the Priests today?
3.Which of them should collect the tithes from God's people?
4.what should be tithed?
5.where is the storehouse and what is the meat that Malachi said should be made available in the storehouse?

I believe if you can honestly search through the scriptures yourself,you'll arrive at a serious body of truth that has been suppressed for ages.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 10:03am On Mar 04, 2013
Mintayo: [PortHarcourtBoy]Me sef no dey kukuma dey pay tithe give anybody and Baba God still dey bless me...

Same God wey create Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc...still dey bless everybody, whether you dey pay tithe or not...

God has not been really blessing you,blessing is not been limited to money along,it goes a long way than that;what you enjoy when you pay tithe is protection,provision,insight,wisdom etc!
I never wanted to say this but here goes

The Dana plane that crashed rested on the duplex and warehouse of a living faith pastor(read this in the papers).was it because he didn't tithe? The poor brother said he lost everything including 2 jeeps etc and he's been crying for compensation since then(don't know if he's been compensated as of now).

The moral of this info is challenges come to every single human being whether you're a tithe payer or not.

My bible tells me the hands of the diligent maketh rich.God pours rain both on the just and on the unjust.

My friend quoted a portion of psalms that said the wicked are in slippery places and would eventually lose their wealth to christians like him who are tithers so he's eagerly waiting for the day he'll inherit properties of sinners.i just shook my head and told him he'll have to wait for ever.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ijawkid(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: And i thought this guy is an Adventist. Do you still observe the Sabbath? or are you just being hypocritical here to draw attention.

What's with the adventist thing??......you sure say you know who you dey talk to??.......I don't observe the sabbath........neither do I pay tithes..........

Like I said earlier...you guys should show me the levites whom I should tithe to.....thank you.....

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2013
Bidam: let me teach you malachi 3:6-12..there is a lesson God want us to learn..let me see whether you have sound theology and not this distortion and confusion you are into..It is like you don't yet realize God NEVER CHANGES..what HE spoke to national Isreal still applies in principles to us.

For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed. Even
from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not
kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye
said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye
say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse:
for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the
storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith
the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the
devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither
shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. And
all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of
hosts. (Malachi 3:6-12)

The spiritual condition of the clergy is often reflected in the general believers. The
ministers who preach sound theology and practice godliness give clear direction to the
people, who can then apply biblical precepts to their life and thought, resulting in godly
living. Now, contrary to what many people believe, Christians must obey even
hypocritical ministers as long as these ministers teach sound doctrine, even if they
disobey it themselves: "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
So
you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they
do not practice what they preach" (Matthew 23:2-3). Therefore, providing biblical
teaching without personal examples should be sufficient to command obedience in the
people; nevertheless, Scripture commands a minister to be a good example to the people
by his godly conduct, so that he does not become a hypocrite in denying what he
preaches by his sinful behavior (Titus 1:16). In any case, a person can never excuse his
disobedience by pointing to hypocritical ministers. Each of us will give an account to
God.

Na wa to you o.:-(, i ask u to explain deut 14:22-29, and deut 26:12-13, u go explain Malachi 3, why are u like this? If u must know, i dont preach theology, i preach the gospel of Jesus. No wonder u're like this, you are a theologian , the only thing u know is the tricks they tanght u in school of theology, carnality wisdom of men and tradition of the jews, are u a pharisee or a sadducee, or a correct naija u b both? So that u can flex both sides. U know na, naija no de carry last, especially when it concerns scamming.

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 10:34am On Mar 04, 2013
Candour:

My brother,pls why not quit these threats? can't you see they DO NOT work? inasmuch as i don't agree with personal abuse on anybody(not only MOG), you should know if you are a christian that the era of Elijah calling down fire from heaven on enemies is over as we're under grace and not law.So gone too is that favorite threat of devourers on Non-Tithers.

It's these threats Christians issue that fail to materialize and non Christians laugh themselves silly.If only they do work,Frosbel,pastor Kun and Goshen360 should have been begging under a bridge now.

The following questions have been asked on this thread and similar ones

1.Who are the Levites today?
2.Who are the Priests today?
3.Which of them should collect the tithes from God's people?
4.what should be tithed?
5.where is the storehouse and what is the meat that Malachi said should be made available in the storehouse?

I believe if you can honestly search through the scriptures yourself,you'll arrive at a serious body of truth that has been suppressed for ages.
bro Candour u,re back? wellcome, @ Bidan, pls we r xpecting ur answers. Be blessed.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Zikkyy(m): 10:54am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey:
Na wa to you o.:-(, i ask u to explain deut 14:22-29, and deut 26:12-13, u go explain Malachi 3, why are u like this? If u must know, i dont preach theology, i preach the gospel of Jesus. No wonder u're like this, you are a theologian , the only thing u know is the tricks they tanght u in school of theology, carnality wisdom of men and tradition of the jews, are u a pharisee or a sadducee, or a correct naija u b both? So that u can flex both sides. U know na, naija no de carry last, especially when it concerns scamming.

It's likely to be copy & paste (as usual). bidam could not find materials explaining deut 14 & 26 (because pastors don't touch that part of the bible), so had to make do with what was available.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Candour(m): 11:21am On Mar 04, 2013
christemmbassey: bro Candour u,re back? wellcome, @ Bidan, pls we r xpecting ur answers. Be blessed.

Thanks my dear brother christemmbassey.came back to see the issue still on.i'm happy that this thread is at least making christians dust up their bibles and read.

God bless you plenty
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by badesco(m): 11:48am On Mar 04, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!

You are quite right but the so call pastors of today will disagree with you completely and if care is not taken they may wage spiritual war against you.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2013
Candour:

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Reply)

What I Witnessed In A Popular Pentecostal Church / The Lords Chosen: Deaf And Dumb Couple For 35yrs And 40yrs Healed Simultaneously / Daddy Freeze: Before You Give A Pastor Your January Salary, Think About This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.