Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48403 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
Finland: Majority of Nigerians are brain washed! The purpose of tithes has been changed and now the money is used to build schools for the rich and nothing for the poor.

just to reinforce your point, schools that the poor cannot attend.

SMH
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz:
Now this is what we should be discussing, bro.
We also observed that even Jacob (also before the law), made a promise to give God a tithe if he will lead him on his journey and prosper him and bring him back to his father's land. This journey eventually took over 20years and he indeed was wealthy in sheep and cattle in the end.
It's still unclear how we arrived at tithing on a monthly basis, is it because this dispensation earns income monthly?

Bro, we should be talking about the Tithe as an obsolete concept , only applicable to the old testament.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Jephyard(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
onye ego: On point frosbel, Myself for instance, I use to have UPS and downs when I was "devoted Tither".
sometimes I will sooooo fail in my finances that I will become angry with God.

I will say God has cheated me cos I fulfilled my own part by paying my tithes yet I lost money in business.

I began to have doubts about d book of Malachi, I did my research and discovered that tithing is a very big told by businessmen who call themselves pastors to remain in business.

I've stopped paying tithes, i still make progress in my businesses; is it d devil that blesses me now?

When i make losses now, i will seat down and try to understand where i went wrong rather then holding God responsible responsible for my failures.

This is 1000% true infact 5 bullet in air for if most nigerian christian cud rson dis we wil b beta off now dan d situation we r now.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

Bro, we should be talking about the Tithe as an obsolete concept , only applicable to the old testament.
....and ONLY applies to Jews, National Israel, NOT COMMANDED TO CHRISTIANS (THE CHURCH) IN THE NEW TESTAMENT. RATHER, HEBREWS 7 IN CONTEXT PUTS AN END TO TITHING.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by moodswing(m): 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
God bless you. This is true christianity and not that practised by men in shiny shoes and branded gos. God have mercy on their souls.

frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
graluxxy054: I don't know y people like creating problems for themselves. I don't know y people like involving themselves in things that does not concern them? Leave God and pastors matter alone before you incur Gods wrath upon yourself. Don't add or subtract anything to/from the Bible. I've read my Bible and I've not seen where God instructed us to give our offerings and tithes to the poor. If u want to give to the poor, do it the right way and at the right time. Stop twisting Gods word to suit yourself and situation!

If you're in d league of those that tell people things that are not in d Bible, desist from it now cos God will hold u responsible for every soul you mislead
have u read deut:14:21-29 and deut 26:12-13 b4 u post this ignorance? Do u have Titus 1:10 for there are many unrully and vain talkers and decievers, specially they of the circumcission; 11: whose mouth must be STOPPED, WHO SUBVERT WHOLE HOUSES, TEACHING THINGS WHICH THEY OUGHT NOT, FOR FILTHY LUCRE'S SAKE. Pls stndy ur bible, the time of ignorance iss past .

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by motobid(m): 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
ifihearam: It is often said that the devil knows the Bible more than some christians but he misinterpretes it little wonder he quoted it before tempting Jesus @op you are a devil in sheep clothing,how can you just wake up one morning to twist the word of God?do you really think these pastors rely on your cheap tithe?? How much really do you pay for tithe?? So if you don't pay tithe they won't feed or feed their familiesthe tithe is meant for the daily running of the church e.g payin bills,developing,staff salaries and not for the primary consumption of the pastors.
In some churches the pastors are the riches not because of tithe but because the practice the kingdom investment,so if your pastor is poor and relies on your tithe then he should question the God that called him! Do you know how much prophetic offerings the real pastors receives on a daily basis??your tithe is the last thing they touch my guy.

My pastor for instance has never touched our church's offering or tithe,when ever he honours any invitation anywhere in the world he collect no honorarium and pays his own tickets(business class)so how does your tithe affect a man lie this?

If you pay tithe is for your financial insurance from God and nothing more,the op is a devil's messanger and your christianity is questionable.
Have you read the story of how tithe started after the ascension of Jesus Christ? It was started by the catholics with the support of the government of the day. People were forced to pay just as its being done today. For us not to twist the word of God then we must all go back to farming so as to give the proper tithe we were asked to give, remember tithe is no money.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Valto(m): 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
osifred: 'The poor will alwayz be there for you to give to them but I won't alwayz be there.' Jesus responding to his disciple when a lady wanted to wash his feet with oitment against the wish of the disciples who thought the substance could have been sold and the proceed given to the poor.

There is a 100 fold return on blessing for paying tithe while there is 30 fold return for giving to the poor.

So I rather give to God for 100 folds return
^^^another brainwashed brethen.. ur pastor must av been very smart. so tithe now carries 100marks/folds while giving to the poor is now 30marks/folds.. what a pity!!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
motobid: Have you read the story of how tithe started after the ascension of Jesus Christ? It was started by the catholics with the support of the government of the day. People were forced to pay just as its being done today. For us not to twist the word of God then we must all go back to farming so as to give the proper tithe we were asked to give, remember tithe is no money.

Blessings to you !

An accurate analysis of the facts.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by cecegorz(m): 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: But wait o, less I forget. Has your pastor ever told you that you can also eat your tithe? I bet they will not show you scriptures that you can eat the tithe. If tithe is money, how do you eat money, assuming its money Lemme show you that you can eat your tithe, it was crops and animals then, that's why it says eat it.

22“You must set aside a tithe of your crops—one-tenth of all the crops you harvest each year. 23Bring this tithe to the designated place of worship—the place the Lord your God chooses for his name to be honored—and eat it there in his presence. This applies to your tithes of grain, new wine, olive oil, and the firstborn males of your flocks and herds. Doing this will teach you always to fear the Lord your God.

24“Now when the Lord your God blesses you with a good harvest, the place of worship he chooses for his name to be honored might be too far for you to bring the tithe. 25If so, you may sell the tithe portion of your crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the Lord your God has chosen. 26When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household. 27And do not neglect the Levites in your town, for they will receive no allotment of land among you.

28“At the end of every third year, bring the entire tithe of that year’s harvest and store it in the nearest town. 29Give it to the Levites, who will receive no allotment of land among you, as well as to the foreigners living among you, the orphans, and the widows in your towns, so they can eat and be satisfied. Then the Lord your God will bless you in all your work. - Deuteronomy 14:22-29

Where is the place the Lord chose to be brought the tithe to - The temple in Israel. The temple was destroyed in 70AD. Today, we Christians, our body is the temple of God where God dwells, no longer in building.

Who are the Levites? The temple workers that assist the priest Aaron. We do not have Levites in the body of Christ anymore. If at all, tithe is to be practiced biblically, it is church workers - choirs, ushers etc that should collect\take it and give tenth part to pastors.

Since, the temple is in Jerusalem and had been destroyed and we are now the temple of God - The verses say, I should eat my tithe converted to money (meaning, it was not originally money) since Jerusalem is too far, I may sell the tithe portion of my crops and herds, put the money in a pouch, and go to the place the Lord your God has chosen. When I arrive, I may use the money to buy any kind of food I want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household. So God must be telling me to use my tithe money to drink ogogoro.... grin But honestly, I don't like ogogoro o so I will just buy me some nice stuff like fish barbecue and celebrate with my household....lo ba tan. cool
Lovely expose you got here. It shows how God loves the relationship with his people.
I've always known that God is not against alcohol, but because it's addictive and can influence one's judgement negatively, I believe we should be cautious.
That's why it said in Prov. 31 that 'it is not for kings to drink alcohol, lest they forget the law and pervert justice'

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
christemmbassey: have u read deut:14:21-29 and deut 26:12-13 b4 u post this ignorance? Do u have Titus 1:10 for there are many unrully and vain talkers and decievers, specially they of the circumcission; 11: whose mouth must be STOPPED, WHO SUBVERT WHOLE HOUSES, TEACHING THINGS WHICH THEY OUGHT NOT, FOR FILTHY LUCRE'S SAKE. Pls stndy ur bible, the time of ignorance iss past .

thanks for this.

100 likes !
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 4:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Frosbel I really do agree with u in everything u've said but I do av a question if christ has reedemned us from the curse of the law... Does dat mean we are free to do whatever we like simply because we are under grace?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by gidjah(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
d issue of tithing cn b very technical mst times cnsiderin hw u look at it,mst MOG,wil rather choose to b b on d defensive on mata of tithes,bt i sure no nw dat our shepherds r nw our levites(nt d ones hu do small biz hre n there,cntracts,et, ...they r nt worth bin caled Gods rep hre on earth.deut,lev, gave lots of clarity abt hw to pay tithe in terms of fruits of d land n nt nomey,so if my produce is farm produce,my tithe shld cme in fruit lik yam tomatoes,bt many mog hv reasoned for or rada wt God n choose to cnvert it in to money,...pst nw leave out very important matas n pick any one dat suits dem d bible speaks abt honorin d lord wt our first fruit,bt most min dny do such n gd enouf sme mog r really makin gd money out of ds,...nw hw do
v

u measure first fruit,wen is first fruit time,week yr months,etc d new txt is so certain abt tithe,if we say christ has paid for lots of things lik sabbath,wt abt tithe??pls mod help put my post out even though its cmin late. God help us frm various min wt their style of doctrines,they only practice convienience n leave out others,pls if we hv catholics in d house,gd folowers do u pau tithes,??if nt y,?pls xplain to us.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope: Frosbel I really do agree with u in everything u've said but I do av a question if christ has reedemned us from the curse of the law... Does dat mean we are free to do whatever we like simply because we are under grace?

Thanks Sis, I am just imperfect like you. Let's see what the bible says :

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." - Galatians 5:13

Freedom is to be free from the traditions , rules and regulations of religion .

We are free to follow ONLY Jesus and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, not the over a million MAN Made laws and lies.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ijawkid(m): 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love." - Galatians 5:13

Freedom is free from the traditions , rules and regulations of religion .

We are free to follow ONLY Jesus and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, not the over a million MAN Made laws and lies.

What happened to your original account??......
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
ijawkid:

What happened to your original account??......

I was banned for 2 days for calling the Pope the Anti-Christ

grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by debedebe(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
Can u allow ur employer 2 pay pple dat are not working frm d road ur own salary? Most of d pastors uses tithes 2 maintan themselfs,family n d church,hw many times do u urself give money or other tins 2 man of God? So read d book of Malachi very well... Tanx

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz:
My brother, I don't know your motives for this advise but this is false teaching at it's best!
ONLY priests (pastors) receive tithes.
Tithes is only one type of giving, it doesn't stop you from doing the rest.
The scripture is clear about giving to your parents, fellow brethren, the poor and the needy, and other Just causes.
pls start to read ur bible, ignorance is not an excuse, ppl have posted deut 14:21-29, deut 26:12-13 and Heb 7 etc and u still posted this wash? OMG
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Originalsly: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen and Fosbel have done well to do a real Bible study with us regarding tithes...Bible study is not the same as Bible diving as so many pastors do...dive into the Bible and quote verses out of context to support their point and achieve their objective.Pastors should be doing what Goshen has done.If you don't understand the Bible how can you discern the wolf in sheep's clothing? In the end it doesn't matter how much light is shed...some people would prefer to keep their eyes closed and live in darkness.Is your choice to live by every word that drools out of the mouth of your pastor...is your choice to believe that your pastor is a God sent or anointed by God...is your choice to believe that tithes is an investment or downpayment to be wealthy or make it into heaven...the one thing God has allowed us is to make choices ...choices that can lead to eternal life or eternal death.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
debedebe: Can u allow ur employer 2 pay pple dat are not working frm d road ur own salary? Most of d pastors uses tithes 2 maintan themselfs,family n d church,hw many times do u urself give money or other tins 2 man of God? So read d book of Malachi very well... Tanx

Galatians 5:1a – It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.

Any money we give to pastors etc qualifies as works of charity , it does not have to be based on the false concept of Tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by nagoma(m): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
davidylan:

But where in the bible did God command that the tithe was for Him alone?

God does not need money. Tithes must be for the needy.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

Freedom is free from the traditions , rules and regulations of religion .

but wat if d holyspirit says a thing and I disobey It..... Wat does dat make me A rebellious child...... D question is av I sinned? If yes wat do I do ,if no wat do I do?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope:

but wat if d holyspirit says a thing and I disobey It..... Wat does dat make me A rebellious child...... D question is av I sinned? If yes wat do I do ,if no wat do I do?

"And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption." - Ephesians 4:30

You cannot keep practicing a life style of SIN and call yourself a Christian.

Repentance from any SIN in our lives and forsaking all evil is the way forward.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by sweetcheecks(f): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo:

I dont give tithe because church said, but because its in the bible. Also I have the spirit of God and he has NEVER told me that i should not give my tithe. I dont need any frosbel or whosoever to give me any crap about tithe and offering. This is why every child of God must continually seek the Holy Spirit to dwell in him because he will guide you into all truth. Away with frosbel and his cohorts and their NONSENSE teachings. I pity those they deceive.

I soo love what you have said here, it is very important for each of us to not only seek but listen and oblidge to the Holy
Spirit leading. Sometimes we do not do or oblidge to His prompts becouse we are bombarded with threats and voices that compels us to do as told as we do not want to be made an axample of what is stressed to be the results of not doind what the preachers say.

I for one, know that my spirit is turmoil when it comes to the giving and ticthing acts. I have secretly seeked out and gave to the ones in need who's prayer seem to go unanswered when I regard myself as Gods hands, partner and vessel here on earth. I have never redirected my tithes to these activities but have thought deeply and have suggested to some of the
church prominant people that a few number of big tithers/ tithes to be seeking out to help;

a) financially support the associate Pastors who are doing God's work but are not earning a wage and struggle to make ends meet,
b) the widow who every winter catches pnuemonia becouse the house she is staying in, is cold and leaking prompting prayer requests every winter but no action from the church to prevent this from happening in the first place becouse the one winter has been harder than the other and the pnuemonia is threatening to take her life,
c) an HIV church member who seems to be succumbing to the deases becouse the treatment/drugs side effects taking a toll on the frail body, as a result of bad diet or lack of nutritional food. Here are agains prayers are requested that this time she/ he should not die.
d) the mother or fatherless little girl or boy staying with a granny who earns governmental grants which can not take care of the kids or herself as a results the kids go to school without shoes or jersey in winter and going for a day or two without a meal.
The list goes on, tgen how could distributing God's money to where in needed most be sinful? When we are called to be God's co-workers, vessels, hands and in so doing answering prayers and restoring faith to that little boy and preventing him from selling drugs and robbing people, stopping that little girl from selling her body to feed her family and contracting aids in the process?

Arent we suppose to prevent these horrible stories from even coming to play before people loose faith in God while our Pastors chang e Gucci's for Armanis and Porsche's for Jets?

Lord, these are last days tge days of deception, let your will/ truth prevail in mist of the noise. Amen.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
motobid: Have you read the story of how tithe started after the ascension of Jesus Christ? It was started by the catholics with the support of the government of the day. People were forced to pay just as its being done today. For us not to twist the word of God then we must all go back to farming so as to give the proper tithe we were asked to give, remember tithe is no money.
take this one easy, if u want to go historical on tithe at least get it right both ideas and facts.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
gidjah: d issue of tithing cn b very technical mst times cnsiderin hw u look at it,mst MOG,wil rather choose to b b on d defensive on mata of tithes,bt i sure no nw dat our shepherds r nw our levites(nt d ones hu do small biz hre n there,cntracts,et, ...they r nt worth bin caled Gods rep hre on earth.deut,lev, gave lots of clarity abt hw to pay tithe in terms of fruits of d land n nt nomey,so if my produce is farm produce,my tithe shld cme in fruit lik yam tomatoes,bt many mog hv reasoned for or rada wt God n choose to cnvert it in to money,...pst nw leave out very important matas n pick any one dat suits dem d bible speaks abt honorin d lord wt our first fruit,bt most min dny do such n gd enouf sme mog r really makin gd money out of ds,...nw hw do
v

u measure first fruit,wen is first fruit time,week yr months,etc d new txt is so certain abt tithe,if we say christ has paid for lots of things lik sabbath,wt abt tithe??pls mod help put my post out even though its cmin late. God help us frm various min wt their style of doctrines,they only practice convienience n leave out others,pls if we hv catholics in d house,gd folowers do u pau tithes,??if nt y,?pls xplain to us.
nah! I don't pay tithes, it is a part of d old testament dat was abolished, making d tithe laws null and void. It isn't a divine law.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Please, get your bible and let's read\study together to see how God commanded biblical tithing to be done.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, [even] a tenth [part] of the tithe. And [this] your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though [it were] the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress. Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering TO AARON THE PRIEST. - Numbers 18:25-28 KJV

The commandment to take tithe I showed you from Hebrews 7:5 was established here. To who? To Levites. Who are Levites in the Old covenant of Mosaic law? THEY ARE THEY TEMPLE WORKERS THAT WORKS WITH THE PRIST, AARON UNDER THE MOSAIC SYSTEM. There is no more Levites in the body of Christ, what we have is ministry gifts such as pastors, teachers, Apostles etc BUT if we are to translate this instructions\commandment in Numbers 18 into our modern day Christianity, THE LEVITES WILL BE THE CHURCH WORKERS - USHERS, SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS, CHOIRS, CLEANERS, TRAFFIC CONTROLLER ETC ETC AND THE PRIEST, LIKE AARON WILL BE THE PASTORS ETC

Look and pay attention to the instruction in Numbers carefully. God doesn't speak in KJV languages, God speaks SPECIFICALLY. The instruction is LEVITES TAKES THE TITHE AND OUT OF THE TITHE THEY COLLECTED, THEY GIVE TENTH PART OF IT TO AARON. So, if tithe is to be practiced today, it is the church workers that are to collect it and give tenth part to pastors......I know your pastor will NOT like me for this but this is the Bible truth.
teacher, i de hail o, and warming up on the sideline(according to u) Mine is going to be nuclear+atomic BOMB, stand welli welli o God bless sha.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Ubenedictus(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:
I was banned for 2 days for calling the Pope the Anti-Christ
grin
hmm
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Please, get your bible and let's read\study together to see how God commanded biblical tithing to be done.

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, [even] a tenth [part] of the tithe. And [this] your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though [it were] the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress. Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering TO AARON THE PRIEST. - Numbers 18:25-28 KJV

The commandment to take tithe I showed you from Hebrews 7:5 was established here. To who? To Levites. Who are Levites in the Old covenant of Mosaic law? THEY ARE THEY TEMPLE WORKERS THAT WORKS WITH THE PRIST, AARON UNDER THE MOSAIC SYSTEM. There is no more Levites in the body of Christ, what we have is ministry gifts such as pastors, teachers, Apostles etc BUT if we are to translate this instructions\commandment in Numbers 18 into our modern day Christianity, THE LEVITES WILL BE THE CHURCH WORKERS - USHERS, SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS, CHOIRS, CLEANERS, TRAFFIC CONTROLLER ETC ETC AND THE PRIEST, LIKE AARON WILL BE THE PASTORS ETC

Look and pay attention to the instruction in Numbers carefully. God doesn't speak in KJV languages, God speaks SPECIFICALLY. The instruction is LEVITES TAKES THE TITHE AND OUT OF THE TITHE THEY COLLECTED, THEY GIVE TENTH PART OF IT TO AARON. So, if tithe is to be practiced today, it is the church workers that are to collect it and give tenth part to pastors......I know your pastor will NOT like me for this but this is the Bible truth.
teacher, i de hail o, and warming up on the sideline(according to u) Mine is going to be nuclear+atomic BOMB, stand welli welli o God bless sha.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

"And do not bring sorrow to God's Holy Spirit by the way you live. Remember, he has identified you as his own, guaranteeing that you will be saved on the day of redemption." - Ephesians 4:30

You cannot keep practicing a life style of SIN and call yourself a Christian.

Repentance from any SIN in our lives and forsaking all evil is the way forward.

Bro but sin is simply d breaking of d law.... Maybe u meant to say evil and not sin..
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Mintayo(m): 5:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz:
Lovely expose you got here. It shows how God loves the relationship with his people.
I've always known that God is not against alcohol, but because it's addictive and can influence one's judgement negatively, I believe we should be cautious.
That's why it said in Prov. 31 that 'it is not for kings to drink alcohol, lest they forget the law and pervert justice'

see how you have misled this guy?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ofeseluayakata(m): 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
I laugh at the Christians on this thread. I laugh in 7th century Yoruba. These folks tithe, not because they want to, but because they want blessings from God. Christians see helping other people as a form of investment, for they believe that if they help, then God will multiply or add to their good fortunes. Why can't Christians give for the sake of giving? Must there be any reward attached? Isn't the satisfaction of helping others enough?

And why do Christians cherry pick the Bible? If you obey the tithe law, what about the other laws in the old testament? Why do Pastors harp upon laws that favor their coffers? I don't see pastors advocating for adulterers to be stoned to death. All of you are thieves. Ole. No wonder your situation is getting worse and your prayers unanswered. Ole.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video) / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.