Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,276 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48405 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by touchmeder: 5:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mintayo:

see how you have misled this guy?

grin cheesy smiley cheesy smiley smiley grin grin cheesy smiley cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink smiley grin grin grin
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope:

Bro but sin is simply d breaking of d law.... Maybe u meant to say evil and not sin..

Are you under the LAW or the leading of the Spirit ?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mintayo:

i bet you are satisfy with your level as you are now!
God still wants to do more for you,but you have to walk in that realm by paying your tithe!
what do u mean by level? That is one of the lies ur pasthief use to decieve u , a man who is blessed is blessed. Them don wash ya brain finish. Love not the world nor the things in the world, dont b greedy bro.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
ofeseluayakata: I laugh at the Christians on this thread. I laugh in 7th century Yoruba. These folks tithe, not because they want to, but because they want blessings from God. Christians see helping other people as a form of investment, for they believe that if they help, then God will multiply or add to their good fortunes. Why can't Christians give for the sake of giving? Must there be any reward attached? Isn't the satisfaction of helping others enough?

And why do Christians cherry pick the Bible? If you obey the tithe law, what about the other laws in the old testament? Why do Pastors harp upon laws that favor their coffers? I don't see pastors advocating for adulterers to be stoned to death. All of you are thieves. Ole. No wonder your situation is getting worse and your prayers unanswered. Ole.

1000 likes !
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

I was banned for 2 days for calling the Pope the Anti-Christ

grin

They cannot stop your mouth even if they ban your I.D. The anointed one, Christ and his anointing is IN YOU by the Spirit of God. Imagine scripture saying you (One) shall Chase A THOUSAND and imagine when 10 or more join you, how many shall we chase?

God is raising the people of truth and fearless breed without greed that will chase falsehood out of the body of Christ.

In the old, it was Pharaoh that kept God's people, the Israelites, who are a type of the church in the New testament under bondage. In the New, it is LIES, HERESY AND FALSEHOOD that keeps God's people in bondage. God sent Moses to set the free in the old but in the new, it is TRUTH that God sent to set them free. This truth is embedded in Christ because john 1:17 says, Grace and TRUTH came by Jesus Christ....and Jesus said, the TRUTH shall SET YOU FREE.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by vision2050: 5:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
Is it compulsory? Do your wish as you want......
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Knowyaself(m): 5:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
Reference:

That is a deliberate disobedience of scripture and you know the consequences. Tithes and offerings go to 'His store house that there may be meat (provisions) in His house'. Not to anyone's pocket.

Tithes and offerings are provisions to keep His house functional. The running of the church, the propagation of the gospel.

Jesus did not dip his hands into the treasury to feed the multitude. He rather took another seperate purpose driven specific offering of five loaves and two fishes for that.

The early church in Acts encouraged people to contribute for distribution. No where on record do you see tithes being distributed.

In Matthew 26:6-13 you can see that Jesus made a clear distinction between giving to Him (who is the head of the church) and giving to the poor. They are not the same thing. You cannot substitute one for the other. Verse 11 obliges you to the poor but Verse 13 says an offering to Jesus sends the gospel around the world.

Whatever spirit seeks to curtail the funding of churches under any guise cannot be from God.

From your submission, I think people are mixing up offering and tithe. I agree that offerring is needed to fund the church and promote the gospel, but tithe is clearly a part of the abolished law and so shouldn't be categorised with offerring.
Please study Hebrew 7 as discussed by Goshen360.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
"You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. "For God loves a person who gives cheerfully." - 2 Corinthians 9:7

Exodus 25:2 "Tell the Israelites to bring me an offering. You are to receive the offering for me from each man whose heart prompts him to give.

Let us wait for MOG follow follow people to twist this scripture.

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 5:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope:

Bro but sin is simply d breaking of d law.... Maybe u meant to say evil and not sin..

There are different kinds of laws - of Moses, of Christ, of Spirit of life and of God. Which law are you referring to ma?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by christemmbassey(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
alexleo: I am not suprised to see this in front page because Jesoul is against tithing and manmustwac being an atheist may not also be in support of that hence the smooth sail of this frosbel false teaching to the front page. SATAN SEEMS TO BE WINNING HIS BATTLE OF PLANTING FALSE DOCTRINE IN CHRISTIANITY BUT GOD WILL NOT ALLOW HIM.
liar, christianity does not depend on fraud to grow but on the holy ghost,the war against stomach inspired gospel, scamers, thieves and traders must be won if christianity must advance, tithe was abolished along with the levitical priesthood. .

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by hassymo5(m): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
To Tithe or Not to Tithe: The $earch For Truth Though I’ve always struggled with the
tithe, I still shook my head in disgust
when I heard about the preacher who’s
congregation quietly left the church
during the prayer following a long sermon
on tithing. He said "Amen", looked up and cried out "half my church is gone!" I laughed saying "they must have fled the
conviction of the Holy Spirit". What the Lord said took me completely by
surprise: "They fled from error and guilt- based giving". "What?!?" - I’ve heard more sermons on the tithe than on any
other topic except perhaps our need of
Jesus for eternal life! After I picked up my
jaw from the floor, the Lord prompted me
to study tithing and giving. Throughout
the Bible study I prayed for His guidance and in the end I reached the inescapable
conclusion that the "tithe" is to the modern church what the issue of
"circumcision" was to the church in
Paul’s time. NOTE: Nothing in this article is intended as an excuse to stop giving as the Lord
leads you to give. The verse most often cited in support of
the tithe is from the Old Testament, found
in Malachi 3:8-10: 8. ""Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
"But you ask, `How do we rob you?' "In
tithes and offerings. 9. You are under a
curse--the whole nation of you--because
you are robbing me. 10. Bring the whole
tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says
the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not
throw open the floodgates of heaven and
pour out so much blessing that you will
not have room enough for it. Many preachers shorten Malachi 3:8-10 to just"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse", and almost always with the inference that their church is the
"storehouse". For purposes of this paper,
the Lord had me concentrate on the
passage: "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my
house". From that passage, the Lord had me research several questions: 1) What is the tithe? 2) What was the tithe for? 3) What is the storehouse? 1) What is the tithe? The tithe is 10% of the increase, established in Leviticus 27:30-33 as an offering Holy to the Lord. The scripture identifies the tithe as grain
and fruit, herd and flock. The tithe is
food! An example of the tithe can be seen
in a shepherd with a flock of 100 sheep
who is blessed with the birth of 50 lambs
in the spring. Five of the lambs must be offered to the Lord as a tithe. The tithe
was brought to the temple in Jerusalem
in acknowledgement and appreciation of
God’s provision for His people. 2) What was the tithe for? God doesn’t need the food – God doesn’t eat. God
doesn’t desire sacrifices or offerings ( Psalm 40:6 and Hosea 6:6 ) – He desires mercy. God doesn’t need us to give Him a
10th of everything – when He already
owns everything ( Psalm 24:1 and Job 41:11b ). The tithe was used to feed the Levite priests (and their families) who
were required to work in the temple day
and night ministering to God on behalf of
God’s people ( 1 Chronicles 9:33 ). Without the tithe, the Levite priests would have
needed to raise their own food, thereby
taking them away from ministering
before God. Hence the reference in Malachi 3:10 "…that there may be food in my house". Nehemiah 13:10-13 records a time when the Levite priests were not
receiving the tithe wherein they
abandoned their daily temple
responsibilities to work the farms to feed
their families. The reference to ‘robbing
God’ in Malachi 3:8 is in fact robbing God of ministry and worship by failing to take
care of God’s priests through the tithe of
food items. Unlike the other tribes of
Israel who were given land as their
inheritance, the Levites were not given
any land – only a few cities in which to live. God was their inheritance ( Numbers 18:20-21 ). Thus, the remaining tribes were obligated to provide the Levites
with food since they had no land on which
to grow their own. 3) What is the storehouse? 2 Chronicles 31 teaches that the storehouse is the Temple in Jerusalem. When the tithe was
re-instituted under King Hezekiah, the
king gave orders to prepare storerooms in
the temple to hold the tithe. Apparently
the grain "tithe" was heaped up in the
streets, which caused a traffic jam of sorts. King Hezekiah had the storehouse
built to relieve a bad case of urban
congestion in ancient Jerusalem. Having established the original purpose
of the tithe, the Lord prompted me with
several more questions. Q: "What happened to the temple
(storehouse)?" A: It was destroyed in 70AD and has not
been rebuilt. Q: "Why?" A: The old covenant system of animal
sacrifice to atone for sin is finished. The
new covenant is in the blood of Christ
who is the final and everlasting sin
sacrifice. Q: "Where is the temple now?" A: 1 Corinthians 6:19 says WE are the temple of the Holy Spirit. God no longer
resides in a stone temple, but in the
hearts of his children through the Holy
Spirit. Q: "What happened to the Levite
priests?" A: The Levite priesthood is no longer
necessary as the old covenant system of
animal sacrifice in the temple was
superceded by the everlasting covenant of
Christ’s blood. Q: "Who is the priesthood now?" A: 1 Peter 2:5 and 9 says those who have received Jesus as Lord and Savior are the
priesthood. Come On Laity, Let’s Do The Twist Burdening the Body of Christ with the
Tithe requires several twists and
reinterpretations of scripture. 1) The tithe must be imported from
the OT law of Moses to the new
covenant of grace by Christ’s blood.
2) The tithe must be redefined from
"flocks, herds, fruit and grain" to
"money" and often "time". 3) The storehouse must be redefined
from the temple in Jerusalem to the
local church building.
4) The Body of Christ must buy into
the ordained clergy as the new
priesthood, thereby replacing the Levite priesthood as the rightful
recipient of the tithe.
5) The Body of Christ must forfeit
their own priesthood and buy into
the notion that they are the "laity". The tithe has been introduced to the Body
of Christ using 2 tactics of the enemy. 1) Sowing guilt and shame into the
Body of Christ by quoting Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me.
But you ask, `How do we rob you?' In
tithes and offerings." What devoted Christian wants to rob God? The net
effect of sowing guilt has been to
extort money from the Body of Christ,
thereby robbing the Body of the joy
and blessing of giving as God leads.
The practice ignores Paul’s instructions to the church at Corinth: "Each man should give what he has
decided in his heart to give, not
reluctantly or under compulsion, for
God loves a cheerful giver ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 )." 2) Blaming the "laity" for the
financial troubles in the Body of
Christ , by telling the Body they are not blessed by God because they do
not tithe. Often Malachi 3:10 is emphasized "Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will
not throw open the floodgates of
heaven and pour out so much
blessing that you will not have room
enough for it." In so doing, believers are challenged to tithe, with the
promise that God will bless them if
they do. Such giving is not out of love
for God, but out of selfishness. It
implies a reward for works, which
contradicts Ephesians 2:8-9 , and completely ignores our status as sons
of God by faith in Christ ( Galatians 3:26 ) and joint heirs of God with Christ ( Romans 8:17 ). The practice also ignores Christ’s words in Matthew 4:7 "Do not put the Lord your God to the test". The Apostles Did Not Teach Gentiles To
Tithe Acts 15:1-31 records a dispute over circumcision that arose in the Gentile
church at Antioch. Several false brothers
had attempted to require Gentile (non-
Jewish) Christians to be circumcised. Paul
and Barnabas sharply opposed the false
brothers and traveled to Jerusalem to discuss the issue of circumcision with the
other apostles. In Jerusalem, they
reported the miracles and conversions
among the Gentiles. The apostles were
filled with joy over God’s work there, and
they agreed that circumcision was not a requirement for salvation. Following the
meeting, the apostles and elders in the
church at Jerusalem sent Paul and
Barnabas back to Antioch with a letter of
welcome to the Gentile Christians. The
essential text of the letter is found in Acts 15:28-29. It reads: "It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you
with anything beyond the following
requirements: You are to abstain from
food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from
the meat of strangled animals and from
sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell." The apostles did not want to burden the
Gentiles with Old Testament practices!
The proof is in their letter to the Gentiles
and the fact that the apostles did not
impose the tithe on them. Come, Let Us Reason Together ( Isaiah 1:18 ) Let’s suppose for the sake of argument
that Jesus had commanded us to continue
tithing. It would be appropriate then to
use the tithe to feed the priesthood as
originally purposed. Who then is the
priesthood? The apostle Peter writes in 1 Peter 2:5 and 9 that every believer is a priest ! Hebrews 5-8 also teaches us that Jesus is the only priest that we need .
However the institutional church has
borrowed from the Old Testament model
of the Levitical Priesthood, thereby
establishing a new priesthood (ordained
clergy) that is separate from the rest of the Body of Christ. The division between
the clergy, and the so-called "laity" is not
Biblical (Is this the doctrine of the
Nicolaitan’s that Jesus says He hates in Revelation 2:6 ) ?In fact, Jesus did not establish the ordained clergy – He chose
fishermen and tax collectors to preach His
gospel. Neither did He establish division
in His church, He desires unity ( John 17:20-23 ). The apostles did not set up an ordained clergy – they chose men full of
the Holy Spirit and wisdom to serve the
Body ( Acts 6:3, 1 Timothy 3 ). This man- made division between "clergy" and
"laity" has effectively served to divert the
offerings of the Body of Christ away from
the people it is intended to bless and the
offerings are most often used in ways
contrary to the will of God. The net result has been starvation and financial
bondage for many believers, and the real
priesthood – the whole Body of Christ –
has not been prepared to carry out
Christ’s command to preach the gospel to
all nations! Jesus is the Word of God in the flesh ( John 1:14 ). He knew that Malachi 3:10 says "bring the whole tithe into the storehouse" when He instructed the rich man to sell everything and give the
proceeds to the poor ( Matthew 19:21 ). I imagine the Scribes and Pharisees about
choked on what Jesus said as they were
in the habit of devouring widow’s houses
for profit ( Luke 20:47 ) and the rich man’s possessions would have been a real
feast for them. In Matthew 25:31-46, Jesus reiterated His desire to help the
poor in the parable of separating the
sheep from goats, wherein at judgement
Jesus will reward those who feed the
hungry and clothe the poor. Since Jesus
judges us for our care of the poor and hungry, and since He commands us to
preach the gospel throughout the world,
why is most of our giving used for church
buildings and salaries with only a small
percentage devoted to the poor, missions
and evangelism? Is the church making goats out of us by not feeding the hungry and clothing the
poor with our offerings? Let’s not wait until the Judgement of
Christ to find out! Sins of the Church Against the Needy The Lord has been trying to bring me to
the truth about giving for years. On many
occasions, He prompted me to take what
I would have normally put in the offering
plate at church and give it directly to
someone in need. I love giving like that! Still, in the absence of specific giving
instructions from the Lord, I never
questioned the common practice of giving
everything to the church, whereupon I
trusted the church to administer my gifts.
That is until the day the Lord had me witness an abomination that left me
nauseous. In the main office of a church I attended
years ago, I was fixing a computer one
Friday morning. Two young black women,
with 3 adorable children dressed in their
Sunday best, came into the office to ask
for a food donation. The 3 secretaries of our all white upper middle class church
stared at them, and finally one said
nervously "our deacon of benevolence is
in the office on Thursday afternoons – can
I make an appointment for you next
Thursday?" One of the women pleaded "We can’t wait a week, we need food
now". The secretary repeated her offer,
and I became sick to my stomach. I left
quickly and drove a mile up the road to a
cash machine and came directly back to
the church only to find that the 2 women and 3 children had left empty handed. The
staff did not know where they had gone,
and I returned to my car and wept. I felt
as if I had failed but the Lord said "you
did not fail son, the church failed". Since that first eye-opening experience,
the Lord has shown me many more sins of
the church against the poor that have left
me ill. One church considered installing an
air conditioning system for which several
members had pledged $35,000 while another member of the church who was
wheelchair bound from advanced multiple
sclerosis didn’t have enough money to buy
food at the end of the month with what
little state aid she received. Often she
was forced to chose between food, medicine or heat in winter. For many
months my wife and I gave to her
anonymously and when she went to be
with the Lord last winter, she was at
peace – the kind of peace that only acts
of love can bring ( 1 John 3:18, James 1:22 ). As she was relieved of her financial stress, she blessed everyone
around her with unquenchable joy. Most
importantly, she taught us about right
giving. More recently, I attended a conference
where the host appealed to the audience
to give "an offering for the poor". I heard the Lord say "the poor are among you" ( Mark 14:7 ) and immediately I thought of a dear friend in attendance who is
experiencing financial difficulties and
had recently lost her home. The next day I
began a letter to the host saying "Last
night you took an offering from the poor" . I groaned at the error and started to rip
the page from my notebook when the
Lord said "that is not an error – last
night’s offering was taken from the poor". The Lord then brought to mind the
parable of the sheep and goats,
specifically Matthew 25:40 where it says "whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me". The words "these brothers of mine" had not made an impression on me before,
and the Lord brought me to the
understanding that our first obligation to
the poor is to the poor within the Body of
Christ. The Lord then brought Matthew 15:26 to mind wherein Jesus said "It is not right to take the children’s bread and
toss it to the dogs". The early church had a much better
understanding of Christ’s intent to care
for the needs of the Body of Christ than
we do today. The proof of their caring for
each other can be seen in Acts 2:44-47 and Acts 4:32-37 where the Body of Christ shared everything, and through their
giving, they eliminated poverty and
indebtedness. In fact, Acts 4:34 says "there were no needy persons among
them!" Taking up offerings to feed the Body of Christ was common in the early
church. In Acts 11:27-30, the Gentile church at Antioch took up an offering for
the believers in Judea who were
experiencing a time of famine. Can you
imagine a church today taking up an
offering for a cross-town rival? How did the church get so far off course? Giving as Christ Intends Though the tithe is not a requirement for
the Body of Christ, we are still instructed
to give. What changed from the Old
Testament to the New is our motivation
for giving. In the Old Testament, giving
was compulsory – a tenth (tithe). In the New Testament we are to give with joy as
we are led to give ( 2 Corinthians 9:7 ), not by compulsion. Our attitude about giving should be like
that of the poor widow who Jesus
esteemed in Mark 12:41-44. She put 2 small copper coins, worth a penny, into
the temple treasury. They were all the
widow had to live on. She understood that God owns everything and was
willing to give all that she had with cheer as God had prompted her to do. It is time to invest cheerfully in what is
eternal, specifically in God’s children for
the completion of Kingdom work ( Matthew 6:19-21 ). The children must be fed, clothed and equipped to carry Christ’s
gospel throughout the whole world and to
make the Bride of Christ ready for her
soon returning Savior. Imagine what it
could be like if we resumed giving and
sharing as Jesus intends. Surely we would rediscover the same abundant and
powerful living as the early church
enjoyed! On the topic of giving, John 8:36 might seem like a strange scripture to cite: "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free
indeed". While it is true that Jesus set us free from the curse of the law ( Galatians 3:10-13 ), sin and death ( Romans 8:2 ), our failure to give as Jesus taught us has
kept the Church in financial bondage, and has prevented the Church from
completing the work of Christ on earth.
How many children of God fail to reach
their full potential as ministers of the
Gospel because they lack provision? It is
through our giving and sharing that we equip the Church for service, eliminate
hunger and poverty, and realize the
fullness of our freedom in Christ. We can no longer afford to misuse our
offerings for church buildings,
parsonages, conference centers, multi-
purpose buildings, air conditioning,
padded pews, pipe organs, and the like,
all of which will soon be forgotten, while God's children go hungry, poor and ill
equipped to minister the Gospel. Instead,
like Abel, we should give our best gifts to the true Church – the people –
because we love God and want to see
God's work accomplished on the earth. On concluding my study, the Lord asked
one final question: What building ever won a person to Christ? Ask the Lord to show you what to give
and to whom, and remember that His
words "Feed my sheep" (John 21:17) go much deeper than a pastor's sermon on a
Sunday morning. His words are spiritual,
and they are literal.

6 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
If you don't know what to say keep quiet. Give to the poor if you must give to them and know that you don't pay tithes but don't say you take your tithe to the poor. it is meant for the church and the church is suppose to use it wisely.
A giver or a lover of God will not say what you are saying.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
gzib: If you don't know what to say keep quiet. Give to the poor if you must give to them and know that you don't pay tithes but don't say you take your tithe to the poor. it is meant for the church and the church is suppose to use it wisely.
A giver or a lover of God will not say what you are saying.

When was the last time you read your bible without Lord Pastor's support ?

The CHURCH is not a physical structure , it is the People who are the church , in other words the BODY of CHRIST.

Anyway, to the bolded, do you think the church uses the money wisely when the poor are getting poorer and even the little they have is taken away from them in the name of TITHE.

The Tithe is a SCAM worse than 419.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
It is rather sickening and pathetic that this kind of doctrines of demons always makes the front page..it is rather disheartening that those who do not know God and those who claim they know God(false believers) always are quick to raise "airs" making wrong comments and rubbishing the redemptive package of Christ..hell has indeed enlarge her coast and is wide open for frosbel and his supporters to enter.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360:

There are different kinds of laws - of Moses, of Christ, of Spirit of life and of God. Which law are you referring to ma?

Are these laws not God's laws anymore? Or isn't christ God anymore? ...woo am confused jor...confusion everywhere sef sometime I feel like being an Atheist.... But I can't because I believe in Christ ....he's my friend and he's spoken to me before...... just dat people are confusing me and I don't even know wat to believe anymore.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope:

Are these laws not God's laws anymore? Or isn't christ God anymore? ...woo am confused jor...confusion everywhere sef sometime I feel like being an Atheist.... But I can't because I believe in Christ ....he's my friend and he's spoken to me before...... just dat people are confusing me and I don't even know wat to believe anymore.

The LAW stands but we keep it by the Power of the Holy Spirit not by our human effort.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

You need to read the bible sis, confusion is our own fault, because rather performing due diligence to doctrines of the bible we allow others mislead us with their own contorted undertanding of scripture.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 6:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: It is rather sickening and pathetic that this kind of doctrines of demons always makes the front page..it is rather disheartening that those who do not know God and those who claim they know God(false believers) always are quick to raise "airs" making wrong comments and rubbishing the redemptive package of Christ..hell has indeed enlarge her coast and is wide open for frosbel and his supporters to enter.

Galatians 2:4 in New Living Translation is your answer. Someone help me quote it please because I'm using my phone. It's YOU and your tithe teaching folks that are teaching Christians to obey and follow JEWISH REGULATIONS.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: It is rather sickening and pathetic that this kind of doctrines of demons always makes the front page..it is rather disheartening that those who do not know God and those who claim they know God(false believers) always are quick to raise "airs" making wrong comments and rubbishing the redemptive package of Christ..hell has indeed enlarge her coast and is wide open for frosbel and his supporters to enter.

I know how you feel, be rest assured we will leave no stone unturned in putting you and your MOG out of business.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Yvete(f): 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
Interesting argument. Way to Go Hassymo5, Goshen and Frosbel!

Hebrews 7 is such an eye-opener!

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ Miss Ope,

Don't be confused. When we talk about the law, it is ALL OF GOD but the dispensation at which God uses it is what is meant by the phrase - of Moses, of Christ, of Spirit etc. Christians are not under the law (of Moses) but under the law (of Christ) by the Spirit of life in Christ. That is what Frosbel is trying to communicate. If you are going keep the law (of Moses), you must keep ALL 613 laws or result to cures. I can't do detailed explanation cos I'm using my phone now. I would have you scriptures also to support what I say.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yvete: Interesting argument. Way to Go Hassymo5, Goshen and frosbel!

Hebrews 7 is such an eye-opener!

As you are set free from tithe captives, remember your weak brethren. Let them see Hebrews 7 and do study with them, let them be free to Grace based giving ONLY
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Jesus is lord.

Today, a new dimension in RCCG province 3X, the pastor wanted to kill me with this "tithe issue", clamoring on paying tithes if you want to be successful. i was just laughing at him in my mind saying to myself, yes yes, i guess slim pays alot of tithe, gates pays billions in tithe, Dangote and the rest of huge billionaires out there.

I grew up in a mission house (use to pay tithe), after seeing the way these pastors handle tithe money and after understanding the issue of tithing, the Jews, Jesus, Christianity, i was able to throw away my tithe book and just watch the drama in church every Sunday.

Do you know that RCCG Pastors are promoted based on how much their parishes remit to camp (Major reason)? How did i know? (Go to their worker's meeting if you want to know).

A branch is seen as not growing if the tithes and offerings they remit to the camp are not up to others.

May God have mercy!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel2:

Are you under the LAW or the leading of the Spirit ?
ok..lemmme start from here and build myself to the front...what do you understand by the statement OF PAUL WHEN HE SAYS WE KNOW that THE LAW IS Spiritual?(rom 7:14)
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by MissOpe(f): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
- shouldn't we give our pastors money knowing fully well dat dey don't av other sources of income and dey av bills to pay?....
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by cjayy(m): 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
@osifred

'The poor will alwayz be there for you to give to them but I won't alwayz be there.' Jesus responding to his disciple when a lady wanted to wash his feet with oitment against the wish of the disciples who thought the substance could have been sold and the proceed given to the poor.

There is a 100 fold return on blessing for paying tithe while there is 30 fold return for giving to the poor.

So I rather give to God for 100 folds return

I feel Jesus Christ here was talking of 'physical presence' because He knew He was going to die soon and ascend to Heaven. Which means 'physically' the poor would be more evident in our presence. If the Bible acknowledges the poor always being there (which is physical), why not give to them more now that Jesus Christ is in Heaven because the Bible says if you provide for the poor you also provide for God. Am not talking about tithe here but only logically trying to throw light on osifred's comment.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=honeric01]Jesus is lord.

Today, a new dimension in RCCG province 3X, the pastor wanted to kill me with this "tithe issue", clamoring on paying tithes if you want to be successful. i was just laughing at him in my mind saying to myself, yes yes, i guess slim pays alot of tithe, gates pays billions in tithe, Dangote and the rest of huge billionaires out there.

I grew up in a mission house (use to pay tithe), after seeing the way these pastors handle tithe money and after understanding the issue of tithing, the Jews, Jesus, Christianity, i was able to throw away my tithe book and just watch the drama in church every Sunday.
.that shows you lack of discipline in the things of God @ the emboldened..and who told you pastors don't pay tithes? are you paying your tithes to Jesus(our high priest) or to your pastor?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by touchmeder: 6:38pm On Mar 03, 2013
Its slightly amazing how folks come on here and say op and others are leading people to hell and they will be cursed blablabla. Most of these individuals are speaking based on what they have been fed for lord knows how long. Most of you, yes most of you are just playing sentiments and not quoting scriptures to back your point. These guys are replying you with the same scriptures (the word of God) and all i see is more accusation about end time things and punishment. Lord have mercy smiley cheesy grin grin cheesy smiley grin grin cheesy smiley grin
Ask yourself when has tithe become a burden? Is it not men that formulate these things? God by his very nature is not one to put his children under bondage. Give this or that lest the devourer eats what you have worked for. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
In all lets not forget to give, God's word teaches that and there is no doubt about it. Its more blessed to give however let no man lay a compulsory burden on you all in the name of tithe.

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope: - shouldn't we give our pastors money knowing fully well dat dey don't av other sources of income and dey av bills to pay?....
GOOD QUESTION..this is what paul wrote"If we sowed spiritual things in you, is it too much if we should reap material
things from you?" (1 Corinthians 9:11, NASB).
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by honeric01(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Bidam: that shows you lack of discipline in the things of God @ the emboldened..and who told you pastors don't pay tithes? are you paying your tithes to Jesus(our high priest) or to your pastor?

No, i don't pay tithe again at all because paying tithe as a christian is like removing or cancelling one of the reasons why Jesus died for us.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Oahray: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope:

lmao grin This lady is funny. Start by looking for answers from the Bible by YOURSELF. You'd be shocked how much lies some churches teach.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Miss Ope: - shouldn't we give our pastors money knowing fully well dat dey don't av other sources of income and dey av bills to pay?....

Name one pastor who doesn't have any other source of income!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (29) (Reply)

Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching / Parish Priest Sells Church And Its Land Leaving His Members In Disbelief (video) / 10 Reasons Why Winners Chapel Is 'Dangerously' Wealthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.