Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship (17710 Views)

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship? / Getting Over Genotype In Your Relationship / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by ayobase(m): 4:41am On Mar 05, 2013
I can see some not giving a F about it......okay o!

I pray some of you won't spend all ur life-savings looking after a child among children......

Unless miracle, but miracle is also avoiding, and not solving!

Love could be blind at a point when its deep, so its better the two go for test when the love is still an embryo!

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:41am On Mar 05, 2013
dnawah: It doesn't matter 2 me @ all.my grand papa & mama na AA,my papa & mama na AA,me self & my wify na AA,& my family name come start with A.my blood group na A+.(this one na him b my wahala o!malaria no d gree me rest o!);-(
bros abeg come explain the bolded abeg, im also A+ and usually feel feverish. are A+ also prone to typhoid?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 4:44am On Mar 05, 2013
Siga: ...Luke 4:12

Thank You!

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Well I am the man marrying my wife bro and not society. I will be the one who is affected directly by whatever our decisions and not society so why should I allow society decide what I should do and who I marry?

Think about it brother. If you keep pleasing society, you will lose your sef to it and become another statistic
when i say society i actually mean medical services, social services, and governmental programs to support special needs children....its a difficult world if you have to do it on ur own....but you are right...ultimately its up to you...but if i was living in Nigeria, genotype would be more important then marriage it self....
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by EzePromoe: 5:16am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I keep missing the point ooo. What has this being Africa have to do with anything? At the end of everything, it comes down to the husband and the wife making a decision. How does it condern the continent?
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I despise it when people say "This is Africa" or "This is Nigeria". It's as if you're saying because we're Nigerians/Africans we can't rise above mediocrity or misinformation/lack of information.

Nigerians should ask themselves, "would I rather give birth to an SS carrier or adopt a child who's future looks relatively healthy and pain-free?" Like Mynd44, having children shouldn't be do or die, not when the odds are against you.[/size]
Good questions! Now you'll agree with me that we marry here with the expectations of having children. Every African mother or father wants to have a child of his/her own.
We see adoption of child here as a show of impotency. No matter the height of love, you can't tell your African lover (even if he's ready to kill himself for you) that you don't have any intention of having children.
Mbanu, if him mama no oust you out, na umunna go find one Nneka wey dey for village wey go give you seven, and the man won't object.
That word, "love of my life"? Forget it. It does not exist. It means when that supposed love of your life breaks your heart, you then terminate your life. Believe you me, 95% Africans can't kill themselves for a lover. There are many fishes in the river now.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:19am On Mar 05, 2013
@Eze Promoe: Yeah, there are indeed many fishes in d river. It could be River Niger or Limpopo river.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Impulse80(m): 5:32am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:
embarassed
[size=13pt]iConcur.

If I love someone, then I love someone. Not everyone is destined to have children. There's no way I can love someone conditionally, especially for this kind of condition. No way.[/size]
so u and sexkid are AS lipsrsealed
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by ddeola: 5:45am On Mar 05, 2013
Make I try. There are AA,AS and SS
1. If you are AA, you can marry anyone with any of the 3 genotype
2. If you are AS, its better to marry someone with AA, marrying AS is risky and SS is not ok at all
3. If you are SS, its better to marry someone with AA only, marrying AS or SS in crazy

The whole idea is to avoid giving birth to children with the SS genotype (children with sickle cell also called sicklers), this is because of the pains these guys go through and the likelihood of them dying before age 17 or so. I have experienced this and I can tell you,I don't pray for my enemy to have a child with SS. These kids inherited it from their parents but their lives are full of excruciating pains during each crisis that you can't prevent or even stop. Medications only help them cope with the pain for as long as it will last.This can be AVOIDED.
1. AA vs AA = 0% probability of SS, 0% probability of AS(carriers)
2. AA vs AS = 0% probability of SS, 50% probability of AS(carriers)
3. AA vs SS = 0% probability of SS, 100% probability of AS(carriers)
4. AS vs AS = 25% probability of SS, 50% probability of AS(carriers)
5. SS vs SS = 100% probability of SS, 0% probability of AS(carriers)
Note: The probabilities indicated above applies for each conception or issue as the case may be.It is possible that if AA marries AS that all their children will be AS,likewise it is possible that if AS marries AS,all their children will be SS.It's important you know your genotype and the genotype of the person you want to marry so that you will know what you are getting into.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Impulse80: so u and sexkid are AS lipsrsealed

[size=13pt]I don't know what I am and I'm not panicking to find out. When that bridge is encountered, it'll be crossed accordingly. The results of that test won't change anything in terms of feelings.[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Say a BIG NO to Sickle Cell Anemia.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:27am On Mar 05, 2013
Eze Promoe: Good questions! Now you'll agree with me that we marry here with the expectations of having children. Every African mother or father wants to have a child of his/her own.
We see adoption of child here as a show of impotency. No matter the height of love, you can't tell your African lover (even if he's ready to kill himself for you) that you don't have any intention of having children.
Mbanu, if him mama no oust you out, na umunna go find one Nneka wey dey for village wey go give you seven, and the man won't object.
That word, "love of my life"? Forget it. It does not exist. It means when that supposed love of your life breaks your heart, you then terminate your life. Believe you me, 95% Africans can't kill themselves for a lover. There are many fishes in the river now.

[size=13pt]One word: backwardness. That justifies my mediocrity/misinformation claim.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 6:37am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am very serious oooooo.
You shouldn't be.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kennyfao(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2013
eddy1234: wWAT DO U KNO ABOUT MIRACLE.D TINS OF D SPIRIT ARE USELESS TO D CARNAL MIND.
this does not happen everytime but the pain does.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 6:40am On Mar 05, 2013
Eze Promoe:

Good questions! Now you'll agree with me that we marry here with the expectations of having children. Every African mother or father wants to have a child of his/her own.
At the first bolded. This is the secong time on this thread someone is using the word impotency and saying the society will view someone as that just cos you choose adoption. The same society which at one point killed off twins, and believed in female genital mutilation right? Which means at some point, society's view might be hogwash and full of bullcrap right.
Do what makes you happy and forget what society thinks and view. You are here to live YOUR LIFE and I intend to do just that. And if marrying because I love my wife and I am willing to adopt so I can be with her or not have kids at all makes me happy, hell sign me up for the happiness commitee

At the second bolded, who is talking about dying for anyone here? Did anyone mention doing this cos of someone else? And where did you get that 95% your backyard right?

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by DrBlack(m): 6:40am On Mar 05, 2013
trolling: in the ancient days our people didnt worry about genotype, i wonder y this genotype thing is an issue,ok i know now....
but they had cases of "abiku" due to lack of knowledge.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 6:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Cornel88: You shouldn't be.
Why should I not be? There must be a reason.

Please tell me
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 6:44am On Mar 05, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Marry anybody wen you like jor__bone genotype!
You no get sense?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 05, 2013
People should desist from living their lives for society; to each his/her own.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 6:48am On Mar 05, 2013
Cornel88: You no get sense?
Did you bother asking him his reason for making that comment before asking if he has sense?
Since you don't know the rationale behind that I am foreced you ask you the same thing you asked him
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by komek(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]iConcur.

If I love someone, then I love someone. Not everyone is destined to have children. There's no way I can love someone conditionally, especially for this kind of condition. No way.[/size]

Pls dontt deceive ppl in the name of love
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 05, 2013
komek: Pls dontt deceive ppl in the name of love

[size=13pt]I gave an honest opinion. Because it differs with your thoughts doesn't categorize it as deception towards the general public.

@CFCfan, I trust you bobo cool[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by DrBlack(m): 6:54am On Mar 05, 2013
[b][/b]
ddeola: Make I try. There are AA,AS and SS
2. If you are AS, its better to marry someone with AA, marrying AS is risky and SS is not ok at all
3. If you are SS, its better to marry someone with AA only, marrying AS or SS in crazy

The whole idea is to avoid giving birth to children with the SS genotype (children with sickle cell also called sicklers), this is because of the pains these guys go through and the likelihood of them dying before age 17 or so. I have experienced this and I can tell you,I don't pray for my enemy to have a child with SS. These kids inherited it from their parents but their lives are full of excruciating pains during each crisis that you can't prevent or even stop. Medications only help them cope with the pain for as long as it will last.This can be AVOIDED.
Note: The probabilities indicated above applies for each conception or issue as the case may be.It is possible that if AA marries AS that all their children will be AS,likewise it is possible that if AS marries AS,all their children will be SS.It's important you know your genotype and the genotype of the person you want to marry so that you will know what you are getting into.

[color=]

[/color]

4. AS vs AS = 25% probability of SS,75% probability of AS(carriers)

good write up but we also have AC and CC genotypes C is also a carrier like S but less severe. AS v AS has a 50% chance of producing AS.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by semit: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2013
Very important
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Ngwakwe: 7:33am On Mar 05, 2013
The joy of being married for a woman is great but the Joy of having a baby is astronomical to both parent.

The Joy of being a mother (having someone binding you and your loved partner even after death) cannot be compare with just being a Mrs ....

ogugua88:

[size=13pt]iConcur.

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 7:56am On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: The joy of being married for a woman is great buy the Joy of having a baby is astronomical to both parent.

The Joy of being a mother (having someone binding you and your loved partner even after death) cannot be compare with just being a Mrs ....

You are not a woman. I find it incredibly silly that you are talking about the joys of being a woman as though you have ever been one before

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kingskid04(m): 8:08am On Mar 05, 2013
From all the comments read so far,it appears people with SS hav no hope in terms of marraige..is it now a crime to be SS

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kenex4ever(m): 8:28am On Mar 05, 2013
stanleybiggie: IMO lf u love some one,none of it matters n if u n ur partner are God fearing people,miracles do happen and u will have a wonderful life with healthy kids!
. Dnt tempt thy God over tins u can easily change

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by oluks05: 8:29am On Mar 05, 2013
Am still surprised this issue of AS/AS relationship is a big deal to many ppl. There is prenatal diagnosis now done in LUTH, pathcare and some oda private labs where d genotype of d baby can be checked btw 9-12wks of pregnancy and what u decide to do thereafter is left to u. This jst requires planning.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 05, 2013
oluks05: Am still surprised this issue of AS/AS relationship is a big deal to many ppl. There is prenatal diagnosis now done in LUTH, pathcare and some oda private labs where d genotype of d baby can be checked btw 9-12wks of pregnancy and what u decide to do thereafter is left to u. This jst requires planning.

[size=13pt]That's a solution, but a very controversial one. If it's discovered that the embryo is of SS, then what? Abort it right? And now we have another argument on our hands. I no dey argue. This is an option, but it's one a lot of people will be hesitant to try.[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Sobrit(m): 8:32am On Mar 05, 2013
It's unfortunate we have allowed ourselves to be cased in stereotyped manner in matters of love, relationship and marriage. Now, everyone must think and act alike and anything outside this is rebuffed and you are tagged either impotent or the like. Now i know why they say we re free but every day in chains. My point is, i go with Ogugua and mynd 44. I believe in the evolving world and with time, we will all see when we look back at d injustice, diservice, stu/pidity we have done in those days when this darkness held sway.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]That's a solution, but a very controversial one. If it's discovered that the embryo is of SS, then what? Abort it right? And now we have another argument on our hands. I no dey argue. This is an option, but it's one a lot of people will be hesitant to try.[/size]
It still goes down to one thing ma'am, CHOICE. It is the choice of the couple to decide what they want and how they choose to live.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kentoplash(m): 8:39am On Mar 05, 2013
eddy1234: IT HURTS ME WEN I SEE 90PERCENT OF PPLE MAKIN COMMENTS HERE AND SCARED OF DIS GENOTYPE ISSUE ARE CHRISTIANS.WERE IS D FAITH U CONFESS EVRY DAY,WERE IS D GOD U PRAY TO EVRYDAY,IS HE INCAPABLE OF GIVING U HEALTHY CHILDREN ,Y DEN WORSHIP HIM,IS HE LESS POWERFULL,ARE WE JST CHURCH GOERS,DO WE QUOTE D WORD IN VAIN,I AND MY FIANCEE ARE AS AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR WE TO HAVE AN SS COS WE KNO D GOD WE SERVE.DEY DAT KNO THEIR GOD SHALL B STRONG AND DO XPLOIT,BHOLD I HAVE GIVEN U POWER.....ASK ANYTIN,I MEAN ANYTIN IN MY NAME WITHOUT WAVRING..... I HOPE DIS WILL HELP OUR FAITH DEER KRISTIANS AND SHUT DIS TOPIC OF GENOTYPE.U R IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS..GOD HELP UR UNBLIEF
Heaven helps those that help themselves. It would've been a different thing if the both of you didn't know about it & ended up getting married. But now you are aware & u are still insisting to tie the knot someday is a different thing Oº°˚˚˚°º . Thnink!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Impregnate My Girlfried So She Doesn't Cheat / Some Ladies And Long Throat / Ladies Btw A Dark Skinned Guy And A Fair Skinned Guy, Which Is Sexier ( See Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.