Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship (17706 Views)

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship? / Getting Over Genotype In Your Relationship / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by sookoo: 10:51am On Mar 05, 2013
As important as the air you breathe!In the name of love,you produce children who spend their years in pain,and almost,always,eventually die.some selfish love!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 05, 2013
When my new chic tell me say make I go do the genotype test say e dey very important make I do am sake of say she be AS and she don dey fall for me like mad... Me sef no wah loss the girl... Na so so prayer from that saturday night wey be say I no fit sleep... Na so I dey think am say if I be AS when the result come out e go pain me so much and e no go dey easy to dey ask all ur chic fas fas abt dem genotype... Till that sunday morning.... I no sleep oooo... Because to find aa chic no dey easy... Thank God.... the result dey okay... But wetin go happen if the result go show AS. I don loose that chic be that ooooo.... Mehnnnnnn... Being AA good ooo...@ kenny... May God be with u n relief u of any pain u may be going through... I feel ur pain I swear by Allah.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Did you bother asking him his reason for making that comment before asking if he has sense?
Since you don't know the rationale behind that I am foreced you ask you the same thing you asked him
Ok, I have sense.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by LeonessAug: 11:02am On Mar 05, 2013
OMG! and you think those Women are happy? I quote you again "Some women don't want to go through those pains. Some women have been told by the doctors that they won't survive it so are you saying such women are not happy?"

Why do you think the former Unilag babe that committed suicide did what she did? I have seen women living with such secrets and I can tell you they are not HAPPY!

What makes a woman if I may ask? Not to compete with MEN but to fulfil that which GOD has created "US" for. To be a loving WIFE and a good MOTHER!

Mynd_44:
It is being overemphasized. Some women don't want to go through those pains. Some women have been told by the doctors that they won't survive it so are you saying such women are not happy?

Given birth to a child does not bring happiness, it is seeing your child make something of his life that makes you happy
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by komek(m): 11:05am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I gave an honest opinion. Because it differs with your thoughts doesn't categorize it as deception towards the general public.

@CFCfan, I trust you bobo cool[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: You misunderstood me, I regard conjugal biological children as equal to adopted children in all respect.

Both parents are bonded beyond death by a child. As in Until death do us path.

How are they equal, bro?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Another load of crap. What is the difference between an adopted child and a biological one?

I keep shaking my head at thses people
The difference is that one is biological and the other is adopted, keep shaking your head.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by komek(m): 11:09am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I gave an honest opinion. Because it differs with your thoughts doesn't categorize it as deception towards the general public.

@CFCfan, I trust you bobo cool[/size]

I believe youu should educate pple first before coming up with such opinion of urs.
We know what it takes to keep a child who genotype is SS becaause of ignorance from their parents. Cost, emotion, time, etc. Ur opinion is good to u but becauuse of a public foruum like this, let's say it the waay it is and stop hiding under that stuff called love.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 11:20am On Mar 05, 2013
FYI, not everyone who gives birth are actually happy about it which just makes your comment pointless.

Or you have not seen a situation where a MARRIED woman gives birth and is not happy?[/quote] And it is everyone that adopt that are happy abi? Or you think all those that adopt because they can't produce likes their situation abi? Guy na you dey make pointless comment.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cornel88(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
FYI, not everyone who gives birth are actually happy about it which just makes your comment pointless.

Or you have not seen a situation where a MARRIED woman gives birth and is not happy?
And it is everyone that adopt that
are happy abi? Or you think all
those that adopt because they
can't produce likes their situation
abi? Guy na you dey make
pointless comment.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by sayso: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2013
Is salary import info job?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kennyfao(m): 11:59am On Mar 05, 2013
sfada:

Touching heart!!!
Kenny you are right, I feel sorry for you.
Thanks something must definitely kill man.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by blackbeau1(f): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
It depends on how serious your relationship is.if its serious,then,you need to know if you guys are compatible
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by hardbody: 12:09pm On Mar 05, 2013
aadetoyin: Seriously, its extremely important if u intend to marry the person u re dating especially in Nigeria where the medical care services are yet to be the expected standard.
If u do not check out ur genotype and that of ur partner you might end up having a sickle cell carrier in ur family it won't be funny at all.
A lot of trauma is often involved and a lot of money is wasted on medical problems which do not have a definite treatment.

I once had a very close friend that was a sickle cell aneamia carrier, he was always in and out of the hospital, always on medication and he eventually died just as soon as he graduated from the University. He had very high dreams and was one of the best graduating students in his class but we lost him.
As his friend I was traumatized but am sure my pain can never be compared to what his mum must have felt.
For years, we spoke of him like is still alive. And we miss him everyday.
Save urself from pains in the future by checking ur genotype and that of ur partner.

If i am AA (as i am) and my babe is at most an AS (she is AA really)shebi the worst we can get is an AS. That settles it, LOL. Seriously though, it makes sense to confirm the genotype now, bear the sadness of breakup which time - the greatest healer will deal with, than acrrying on in gthe name of love and then having to live with SS kids for teh rest of your lives. From experience of people i know, it could be very traumatic.

I am also thankful to God that with both of us being AA, we will produce AAs which means we are already gonna be securing their future, at worst they can only ask for AS in the worst case scenario.....I am dancing Azonto to the Glory of God
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by LeonessAug: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2013
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by fpeter(f): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
trolling: in the ancient days our people didnt worry about genotype, i wonder y this genotype thing is an issue,ok i know now....
.........they were ignorant but that didn't change the fact that it existed, they called the children 'ogbanje/abiku' now we know better than to marry carriers.save yourself and the children the horrors of intermittent lifetime crisis.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by forkinsonlolo(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2013
embarassed anytime i hear about genotype i remember the love of my life, Abeebat cry cry cry. i broke her heart with a sledge hammer. we were both AS cry cry cry
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by fpeter(f): 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2013
macfarland: If u are AS, go ahead and marry your love who is also AS...No qualms. When she is pregnant, go to hospital for a test at 1 - 2 months of d pregnancy...if it shows d baby is SS...u just terminate the pregnancy. Finish!
"may God forgive you, thou shalt not kill.>>>>>Exodus 20:13
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by stanleybiggie(m): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2013
nwawuweneonye:
Bros leave this love story. U possibly have not seen people suffering from that ignorance that's why u r preaching this love thing. In n out of hospital?hmm!
believe me I know what I'm sayin...plus my childhood bestfriend is an SS n he's currently engaged!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by stanleybiggie(m): 12:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
kenex4ever: . Dnt tempt thy God over tins u can easily change
it's not bout tempting God...its called FAITH...read ur bible(start with d story of abraham)
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by ESULAALU: 1:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Nivlin:

I don't blame you, being a bible believing christian doesn't mean you should ßέ blind †Φ a fault!

Now, since you're a GOOD BIBLE BELIEVING christian, why haven't you quote the bible †Φ overcome all the problems in life? Why haven't you quote the bible to make the world a better and peaceful/ problem-free place? Or tell me, why you haven't quote the bible to convert your genotype to AA?

I really don't blame you, I'm sure you're here to publicize your spirituality, mind you, all you're doing is not spiritual- its called TESTING/daring GOD. Keep it up, and you'll be surprised at the result.

You'll NEVER know what its like to father an SS child which you brought to live a life filled with pain- while you aя̩̥ε busy enjoying your life to its fullest, and keeping your child's life under restriction, cos you weren't sensible enough to avoid it!

Keep believing in Miracles! And keep increasing the number of ignorant Christians raising SS children- cos I'm sure you must have "preached" this your rubbish to some other ignorant christians like you

If I must say you have no right to 'condemn' him because of his beliefs, which is what has been the order of the day on this thread.
Its so easy to say blablabla but I tell you what loads of people get married every saturday,do you now go up to each couple to tell them about genotype. What millions of Nigerians are yet to understand is that life is about choices.For the misguided people who claim people with sickle cell dont live more than 21 years,sorry to burst your bubble but then loads of people with sickle cell live loooong enough and have meaningul lives. I mean some of the comments here are so insensitive and I wonder how long Nigerians and me inclusive o,will continue to wallow in such ...infact I am short of words.

The typical Nigerian mentality is to talk talk talk,no action. If we are all so worried about genotype issues,do you REALLY think there isnt a cure for this? How about if we encourage people in the medical field to push for a cure?Do you really think if this was a disease seriously affecting white people,do you think they wouldnt have found a cure?But they cannot be bothered,because we Africans and people of black descent are content to sit and moan and condemn and discourage amongst other things.
Look at America,there has been a couple of instances of people with sickle cell being cured,it might still be like out of the reach of the average person but then,if we had invested the ages and decades of complaints into seeking and pushing for a cure perhaps this would have been eradicated.

Have a look at the medical field and the various near impossible discoveries and then you will realise that you do not need a sootsayer to realise that indeed,nothing is impossible.
People come up with herbs which they claim can cure this disease,well at least make life better but mbanu,trust nigerians to never appreciate what they have.Until the white man will come and snatch it and claim it as their genius invention.

How about the factory that was established in Nigeria which provided succour for people with sickle cell,lots of people testified to the efficacy of the drug.What happened? did the government not frustrate the efforts of the company? Until tomorrow,no one bothered to ask about the factory? But when these same people are ill they will run to Germany and UK to get treatment.Or do you think these rich people do not have kids with sickle cell too? They know the tricks of the book and I can point to almost 8 rich kids with sickle cell married with 2,3,4 kids and well....recieve constant treatment abroad.

What ever happened to Nigeria?Even Ghana provides excellent treatment for people with sickle cell but then what can be said of Nigeria?

My people,please ehn,lets just be considerate sometimes when discussing sensitive issues such as this,there are people living with this condition,you do not expect them to commit suicide or live unproductive lives because they have got it and if anyone decides to get married irrespective of whatever,please ehn,it is their choice,there are worse things than living with sickle cell,worse medical conditions,thank God you have never heard of those or experienced it either.

I rest my case o!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
Make your choices; live under consquence. And elsewhere in the world, humans will continue to be born into poverty, fortune, privilege, neglect, the heat etc. I have seen the suffering of crisis pain (very intimately) but I have also seen the successes of other SS individuals. I can honestly say that although I am AA, I refuse to discard a partner on the basis of his genotype. But I can not judge another woman who would, they are allowed their own reasoning.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
It is of utmost important.wen u continue seeing ur lvd ones in pain always,I tell u ur eye will open.is it d financial aspect of it or d emotional.a stitch in time dey say saves nine.before my very eye a sis in law died of crises,dia r many around me batlin wit it bc of d mistakes of dia parents.I no one dat got admission to study medicine, couldn't cope and went to a less stresfl discipline.after so many yrs of struggle,she finally finished and was waitn 4 her nysc call-up letter when she died.even as I type dis,I couldn't hold back d tears.pls pple,don't start wat will destroy u and ur family. U can fall in lv or out of lv as d case mayb but ur sickle cell children will always hate u 4 wat u wilfully made dem to b(even if dey don't tell u)
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by actel(f): 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am very serious oooooo.
talk is easy
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cashio(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
If and only if u have lived with a person suffering from sickle cell disorder,u will understand what genotype is all about...we were eight,we lost three to dat incurable sickness and one is still living with it..u budget at least 80 thousand every year for going in and coming out of the hospital.the sleepless nights.the high blood pressure.the insults....well all these are multiplied by how many patients u have in ur home...have u ever wished dat ur own child should just die so dat u have rest of mind?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Slankey: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
stanleybiggie: IMO lf u love some one,none of it matters n if u n ur partner are God fearing people,miracles do happen and u will have a wonderful life with healthy kids!

Oga be realistic. Think of the reality first before thinking about the miracle... AS + AS is a very high possibility for SS. Be wise!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kennyfao(m): 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
ESULAALU:

If I must say you have no right to 'condemn' him because of his beliefs, which is what has been the order of the day on this thread.
Its so easy to say blablabla but I tell you what loads of people get married every saturday,do you now go up to each couple to tell them about genotype. What millions of Nigerians are yet to understand is that life is about choices.For the misguided people who claim people with sickle cell dont live more than 21 years,sorry to burst your bubble but then loads of people with sickle cell live loooong enough and have meaningul lives. I mean some of the comments here are so insensitive and I wonder how long Nigerians and me inclusive o,will continue to wallow in such ...infact I am short of words.

The typical Nigerian mentality is to talk talk talk,no action. If we are all so worried about genotype issues,do you REALLY think there isnt a cure for this? How about if we encourage people in the medical field to push for a cure?Do you really think if this was a disease seriously affecting white people,do you think they wouldnt have found a cure?But they cannot be bothered,because we Africans and people of black descent are content to sit and moan and condemn and discourage amongst other things.
Look at America,there has been a couple of instances of people with sickle cell being cured,it might still be like out of the reach of the average person but then,if we had invested the ages and decades of complaints into seeking and pushing for a cure perhaps this would have been eradicated.

Have a look at the medical field and the various near impossible discoveries and then you will realise that you do not need a sootsayer to realise that indeed,nothing is impossible.
People come up with herbs which they claim can cure this disease,well at least make life better but mbanu,trust nigerians to never appreciate what they have.Until the white man will come and snatch it and claim it as their genius invention.

How about the factory that was established in Nigeria which provided succour for people with sickle cell,lots of people testified to the efficacy of the drug.What happened? did the government not frustrate the efforts of the company? Until tomorrow,no one bothered to ask about the factory? But when these same people are ill they will run to Germany and UK to get treatment.Or do you think these rich people do not have kids with sickle cell too? They know the tricks of the book and I can point to almost 8 rich kids with sickle cell married with 2,3,4 kids and well....recieve constant treatment abroad.

What ever happened to Nigeria?Even Ghana provides excellent treatment for people with sickle cell but then what can be said of Nigeria?

My people,please ehn,lets just be considerate sometimes when discussing sensitive issues such as this,there are people living with this condition,you do not expect them to commit suicide or live unproductive lives because they have got it and if anyone decides to get married irrespective of whatever,please ehn,it is their choice,there are worse things than living with sickle cell,worse medical conditions,thank God you have never heard of those or experienced it either.

I rest my case o!
Mr Agborodun, have u ever sat down and thought of the difference between the words REALITY and OPTIMISTC cos u just pick up ur fone and start defending stupidity what are u trying to prove? Intelligent or brilliancy? Where are those beliefs where thousands of kids die every year cos of this issue. Where are the medical personnels? And where are the cures? Guy, get ur head straight and wake up to the reality of life concerning this issue. No make me vex o.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Cashio(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
Flytefalls: Make your choices; live under consquence. And elsewhere in the world, humans will continue to be born into poverty, fortune, privilege, neglect, the heat etc. I have seen the suffering of crisis pain (very intimately) but I have also seen the successes of other SS individuals. I can honestly say that although I am AA, I refuse to discard a partner on the basis of his genotype. But I can not judge another woman who would, they are allowed their own reasoning.
...have u watched ur sibling lay on the hospital bed 4 weeks without eating,drinking,talking or even defecating...have u been unable to recognise ur sibling because his shape changed due to illness...have u watched a nurse or doctor embarrass u cos they are tired of u and ur child...have u watched ur 3 or 4 kids trooping to hospital day in day out as though its their father's house...have u watcghe a person above 20 yrs shout and cry as though he is been burnt alive...well i guess u haven't but believe me u dont want to experience all these....our parents made the mistake due uncivilization and ignorance so sis never fall a victim to what u already knw the consequencies in da name of luv
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by chalyotas(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2013
rezzy: As big as i am, dnt know my genotype. I just pray we are not both AS.
please go and check jo.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by demolala1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
It is very important for both partners to know at least if not for their own sake but for the sake of the children whom are likely to suffer. It is not an easy experience living with a sickel cell anaemia carrier.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kennyfao(m): 2:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
Cashio: ...have u watched ur sibling lay on the hospital bed 4 weeks without eating,drinking,talking or even defecating...have u been unable to recognise ur sibling because his shape changed due to illness...have u watched a nurse or doctor embarrass u cos they are tired of u and ur child...have u watched ur 3 or 4 kids trooping to hospital day in day out as though its their father's house...have u watcghe a person above 20 yrs shout and cry as though he is been burnt alive...well i guess u haven't but believe me u dont want to experience all these....our parents made the mistake due uncivilization and ignorance so sis never fall a victim to what u already knw the consequencies in da name of luv
and ur ways shall be pure. U will live long to see ur grandchildren. I love this comment. Tell them for me. Let them its real! Thank u. Infact this is the comment of the year.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Ngwakwe: 2:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
The love parents have for their adopted child is the same love a biological parents have for their son/daughter. Provided the adopters don't have offspring of their own and were relatively desiring for a child to share their love with.

Cornel88: How are they equal, bro?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Benefits Of Drinking Stout / My Girlfriend In My House Tonight (With My Parents) / I Want To Impregnate My Girlfried So She Doesn't Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.