Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:56 PM

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship (17840 Views)

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship? / Getting Over Genotype In Your Relationship / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
Please i need explanation on the importance of genotype in a relationship.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by aadetoyin(f): 6:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Seriously, its extremely important if u intend to marry the person u re dating especially in Nigeria where the medical care services are yet to be the expected standard.
If u do not check out ur genotype and that of ur partner you might end up having a sickle cell carrier in ur family it won't be funny at all.
A lot of trauma is often involved and a lot of money is wasted on medical problems which do not have a definite treatment.

I once had a very close friend that was a sickle cell aneamia carrier, he was always in and out of the hospital, always on medication and he eventually died just as soon as he graduated from the University. He had very high dreams and was one of the best graduating students in his class but we lost him.
As his friend I was traumatized but am sure my pain can never be compared to what his mum must have felt.
For years, we spoke of him like is still alive. And we miss him everyday.
Save urself from pains in the future by checking ur genotype and that of ur partner.

27 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by greedie1(f): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
MORE IMPORTANT THAN LOVE..... WELL ALMOST.

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 6:11am On Mar 04, 2013
Well for some like me who does not see biological children as a do or die thing in marriage, it is meaningless

10 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 04, 2013
if you live in Nigeria, genotype is as important as the air you breath...

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 7:11am On Mar 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
if you live in Nigeria, genotype is as important as the air you breath...
Not to me bro

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by nanalady(f): 4:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44: Well for some like me who does not see biological children as a do or die thing in marriage, it is meaningless
hia!!!very strange comment oh..

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 4:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
nanalady: hia!!!very strange comment oh..
I am very serious oooooo.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by mariannlove(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44: Well for some like me who does not see biological children as a do or die thing in marriage, it is meaningless
are you serious
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Not to me bro

do yo live in Nigeria?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2013

[size=13pt]iConcur.

If I love someone, then I love someone. Not everyone is destined to have children. There's no way I can love someone conditionally, especially for this kind of condition. No way.[/size]

5 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
mariannlove: are you serious
Very serious

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

do yo live in Nigeria?
Yes I do
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]iConcur.

If I love someone, then I love someone. Not everyone is destined to have children. There's no way I can love someone conditionally, especially for this kind of condition. No way.[/size]
True

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Yes I do

Then it should be priority numero uno 1...if you live in the States then i would tell you who cares....
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 9:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Then it should be priority numero uno 1...if you live in the States then i would tell you who cares....
Why not present your ideas with points so I can reply you with my points too?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Why not present your ideas with points so I can reply you with my points too?
I would go deeper into this...but im actually studying for my philosophy exam...so im kinda busy....but ill just make one point...the society you live in...are not too accepting of...special need children....
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by nanalady(f): 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am very serious oooooo.
for a nigerian man..hmmm..na talk..

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mehn, its important o.

But d way i take love this geh, i doubt it can put assunder º°˚!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by huninaija(f): 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Very important if you do not intend on giving birth to sicklers.. However if your genotype is AA and your partner is AS then theirs a less chance of giving birth to sickler children...

If your both AS then stay clear of each other...

I believe this topic has been discussed countless times, anyways at the end of the day its your choice or decision, if you like marry SS, as iv heard such stories like "its because she loves him?"

Which kind yeye love will possess me to marry an SS no matter how much i liked the guy before, he's got to understand... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Extremely important, especially if you're considering marrying the person. I can't even stress how important it is.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]iConcur.

That makes 3 of us!

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by stanleybiggie(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
aadetoyin: Seriously, its extremely important if u intend to marry the person u re dating especially in Nigeria where the medical care services are yet to be the expected standard.
If u do not check out ur genotype and that of ur partner you might end up having a sickle cell carrier in ur family it won't be funny at all.
A lot of trauma is often involved and a lot of money is wasted on medical problems which do not have a definite treatment.

I once had a very close friend that was a sickle cell aneamia carrier, he was always in and out of the hospital, always on medication and he eventually died just as soon as he graduated from the University. He had very high dreams and was one of the best graduating students in his class but we lost him.
As his friend I was traumatized but am sure my pain can never be compared to what his mum must have felt.
For years, we spoke of him like is still alive. And we miss him everyday.
Save urself from pains in the future by checking ur genotype and that of ur partner.
wow...that's really sad!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by trolling(m): 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
in the ancient days our people didnt worry about genotype, i wonder y this genotype thing is an issue,ok i know now....
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by 190: 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
geno kini

ffs - what the heck is genotype

as long as shes good in bed, wat more amma looking for angry angry
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Prince0500(m): 10:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
Over the years,experience had tot me dat certain coments are easier said dan done,na mouth

13 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by shitshappen(m): 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
i wont really know, i have neva been bothered. the last time i checked i am AA grin though withe recent change of my eye color my enemies fit don add one or two 'es' there embarassed

13 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by rezzy: 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
As big as i am, dnt know my genotype. I just pray we are not both AS.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by stanleybiggie(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
IMO lf u love some one,none of it matters n if u n ur partner are God fearing people,miracles do happen and u will have a wonderful life with healthy kids!

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Siga: 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
Very very important....Lost 2 siblings cos Papa and Mama were both AS .... never make the mistake...my ex-fiancee is AS and Im AS as well.....we both ended the relationship after 6yrs....last time I saw her was 1999 ......and till today, we are very good friends even though we are thousands of miles apart ......I ensured that the woman I married is AA.....the experience I had as a child growing up with sickle cell elder bro and sis was bad....

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Its important if dat marriage wanna produce children. U ll not wanna be face d wahala of sickle cell children who may eventually die before the parent after all their effort.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dedicate A Song To Someone You Love On Nairaland / Do You Know This Scammer (Pictures)? He Scammed Me off N2.6m / How Are Interracial Relationships Viewed In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.