Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship (17709 Views)

How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship? / Getting Over Genotype In Your Relationship / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kentoplash(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2013
eddy1234: IT HURTS ME WEN I SEE 90PERCENT OF PPLE MAKIN COMMENTS HERE AND SCARED OF DIS GENOTYPE ISSUE ARE CHRISTIANS.WERE IS D FAITH U CONFESS EVRY DAY,WERE IS D GOD U PRAY TO EVRYDAY,IS HE INCAPABLE OF GIVING U HEALTHY CHILDREN ,Y DEN WORSHIP HIM,IS HE LESS POWERFULL,ARE WE JST CHURCH GOERS,DO WE QUOTE D WORD IN VAIN,I AND MY FIANCEE ARE AS AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR WE TO HAVE AN SS COS WE KNO D GOD WE SERVE.DEY DAT KNO THEIR GOD SHALL B STRONG AND DO XPLOIT,BHOLD I HAVE GIVEN U POWER.....ASK ANYTIN,I MEAN ANYTIN IN MY NAME WITHOUT WAVRING..... I HOPE DIS WILL HELP OUR FAITH DEER KRISTIANS AND SHUT DIS TOPIC OF GENOTYPE.U R IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS..GOD HELP UR UNBLIEF
Heaven helps those that help themselves. It would've been a different thing if the both of you didn't know about it & ended up getting married. But now you are aware & u are still insisting to tie the knot someday is a different thing Oº°˚˚˚°º . Think!!!

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44: It still goes down to one thing ma'am, CHOICE. It is the choice of the couple to decide what they want and how they choose to live.

[size=13pt]Obviously. Boss.[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by danblaze: 8:44am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Well for some like me who does not see biological children as a do or die thing in marriage, it is meaningless
its oly wen u take a DNA test u can knw if u r d biological fada/mom 2ur offsprints nt genotype
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by AntiGbagaun(f): 8:47am On Mar 05, 2013
danblaze:
its oly wen u take a DNA test u can knw if u r d biological fada/mom 2ur offsprints nt genotype

undecided
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nivlin: 8:49am On Mar 05, 2013
Hmm

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 8:50am On Mar 05, 2013
danblaze:
What the heck are you on about?
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by perrychocks(f): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2013
nanalady: hia!!!very strange comment oh..
its only an impotent man or a barren woman dt can hv such reasonin.so maybe u re one of dem
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Ngwakwe: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Stop this bullshit. I am a happy married man (going for the record longest period of marriage without shouting at the wife), a marriage counselor who have come to know that ladies obsessions and love for their children are unconditional while at that, any slightest shameful act (past or present) by the so-called yommy husband of yours will lead to disrespect and call for divorce.

Most things ladies say, is better said and never done.

Mynd_44:
You are not a woman. I find it incredibly silly that you are talking about the joys of being a woman as though you have ever been one before
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 8:59am On Mar 05, 2013
perrychocks: its only an impotent man or a barren woman dt can hv such reasonin.so maybe u re one of dem
My maternal grandmother is 86 years old. She does not have any form of formal education neither did she travel beyond the borders of Nigeria yet she will not make a comment like this.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 05, 2013
If u are AS, go ahead and marry your love who is also AS...No qualms. When she is pregnant, go to hospital for a test at 1 - 2 months of d pregnancy...if it shows d baby is SS...u just terminate the pregnancy. Finish!
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by danblaze: 9:03am On Mar 05, 2013
eddy1234: IT HURTS ME WEN I SEE 90PERCENT OF PPLE MAKIN COMMENTS HERE AND SCARED OF DIS GENOTYPE ISSUE ARE CHRISTIANS.WERE IS D FAITH U CONFESS EVRY DAY,WERE IS D GOD U PRAY TO EVRYDAY,IS HE INCAPABLE OF GIVING U HEALTHY CHILDREN ,Y DEN WORSHIP HIM,IS HE LESS POWERFULL,ARE WE JST CHURCH GOERS,DO WE QUOTE D WORD IN VAIN,I AND MY FIANCEE ARE AS AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR WE TO HAVE AN SS COS WE KNO D GOD WE SERVE.DEY DAT KNO THEIR GOD SHALL B STRONG AND DO XPLOIT,BHOLD I HAVE GIVEN U POWER.....ASK ANYTIN,I MEAN ANYTIN IN MY NAME WITHOUT WAVRING..... I HOPE DIS WILL HELP OUR FAITH DEER KRISTIANS AND SHUT DIS TOPIC OF GENOTYPE.U R IN CHARGE OF ALL THINGS..GOD HELP UR UNBLIEF
mehn, u r juz bin naive about health issues; its advances n relevance 2d scorge 2 wot sincle cell has cause 2 our society.
Pls we shld encourage all form of health advice b4 marriage 4a healthier society.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 9:05am On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: Stop this bullshit. I am a happy married man (going for the record longest period of marriage without shouting at the wife), a marriage counselor who have come to know that ladies obsessions and love for their children are unconditional while at that, any slightest shameful act (past or present) by the so-called yommy husband of yours will lead to disrespect and call for divorce.

Most things ladies say, is better said and never done.

Take your own advise bro....... Have you met every woman in the world? You might meet a lot but not all of them so please do not start telling me what women want.

Senator Bola Tinubu is an adopted child. His mother said she never regreted having him as a son. Never.

There are a lot of parents out there who regret having a kid cos of bad behaviour.

What is my point? If you hing your happiness on the fact that you gave birth to children, you are on a very long thing

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by LeonessAug: 9:10am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Do people date to fall in love or do they date to find someone who will impregnate her/he can impregnate?

Call me old-fashioned, but I date to fall in love primarily. Sometimes, people fall in love with who isn't 100% ideal or what we expected (most times actually). If the guy I love and wish to spend the rest of my life with is AS, and I find out I'm AS, then so be it. He can't change that and neither can I.

My heart belongs with him. I won't abandon that for a guy I probably won't love as much as my AS love. Come to think of it, that would be unfair on the AA guy and unfair to any children we may have that I don't love their father as much as the real love of my life. Children deserve happy parents who love each other, not who happened to be convenient for one another.

Also, there's nothing wrong with adopting.[/size]

MY dear, what will you say about happiness in your marriage? yes love conquers all but don't be blinded by it.

Like i always tell people, LIFE is a GAME and so is marriage and everything that comes in it. You choose to be who you are. Its strategic! Those that live ungodly definately know their rewards.

Back to the topic,
how would you feel when you have children that might die before you?
How would you feel to spend so much "life savings" to take care of your sickly child? and like the story of the SS boy who died just after graduation, how do you think the parent would feel?

The story of yoruba "ABIKU" children is a problem of genotype and i believe we are all aware and educated to understand the importance of matching with the right genotype.

YOU CAN FALL IN LOVE WITH "JUST" ANYBODY AS LONG AS YOU BOTH ARE COMPATIBLE IN CHARACTER AND REASONING.

KAPISH!!!

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2013
^^^^

[size=13pt]I said no children is an option. I don't have to have children.[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Ngwakwe: 9:15am On Mar 05, 2013
You misunderstood me, I regard conjugal biological children as equal to adopted children in all respect.

Both parents are bonded beyond death by a child. As in Until death do us path.

Mynd_44:
Take your own advise bro....... Have you met every woman in the world? You might meet a lot but not all of them so please do not start telling me what women want.

Senator Bola Tinubu is an adopted child. His mother said she never regreted having him as a son. Never.

There are a lot of parents out there who regret having a kid cos of bad behaviour.

What is my point? If you hing your happiness on the fact that you gave birth to children, you are on a very long thing
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by LeonessAug: 9:22am On Mar 05, 2013
i can't believe this is coming from a woman?

Common girl! except you already know you can't have children.

ogugua88: ^^^^

[size=13pt]I said no children is an option. I don't have to have children.[/size]
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2013
Ngwakwe: You misunderstood me, I regard conjugal biological children as equal to adopted children in all respect.

Both parents are bonded beyond death by a child. As in Until death do us path.

Okay
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 9:26am On Mar 05, 2013
LeonessAug: i can't believe this is coming from a woman?

Another load of crap. What is the difference between an adopted child and a biological one?

I keep shaking my head at thses people
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Balad: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
When problems starts I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a family, it won't occur to U̶̲̥̅̊‎​ U̶̲̥̅̊‎​'r I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ love.
Mynd_44:
True
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Ngwakwe: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2013
There is nothing like one woman is/was designed for a particular man rather there are sets of women/men with a common trait someone can find and still maximize your blissful married life.

When a partner dies, It's not advisable to die with him.

Leave your so-called partner if it will result in having SS children unless you wish to adopt. Definitely, there is another to live happily ever after.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by LeonessAug: 9:33am On Mar 05, 2013
Hello Mynd_44,

With all due respect, I haven't objected to having adopted children but the joy of a woman to successfully carry pregnancy of 9months and watching the child grow till he/she is successful in life cannot be overemphasized.

Mynd_44:
Another load of crap. What is the difference between an adopted child and a biological one?

I keep shaking my head at thses people
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by uju22(f): 9:35am On Mar 05, 2013
very very very very very important
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 05, 2013
LeonessAug: i can't believe this is coming from a woman?

[size=13pt]The problem with many is that they only know one-way thinking. You haven't had a boyfriend? You must be a lesbian. You aren't married? You can't keep a man. You don't have/want children? You must be impotent/barren. The world isn't black and white. It's 2013 for Christ's sake.

If you must know, my reproductive system has been certified and approved ready to bear child by my gynecologist. Whether I do so is now a choice, not obligation, of mine and my partner.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 9:39am On Mar 05, 2013
LeonessAug: Hello Mynd_44,

With all due respect, I haven't objected to having adopted children but the joy of a woman to successfully carry pregnancy of 9months and watching the child grow till he/she is successful in life cannot be overemphasized.

It is being overemphasized. Some women don't want to go through those pains. Some women have been told by the doctors that they won't survive it so are you saying such women are not happy?

Given birth to a child does not bring happiness, it is seeing your child make something of his life that makes you happy

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by mydex93(f): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Well for some like me who does not see biological children as a do or die thing in marriage, it is meaningless
INTERESTING
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by kennyfao(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2013
Nivlin:

I don't blame you, being a bible believing christian doesn't mean you should ßέ blind †Φ a fault!

Now, since you're a GOOD BIBLE BELIEVING christian, why haven't you quote the bible †Φ overcome all the problems in life? Why haven't you quote the bible to make the world a better and peaceful/ problem-free place? Or tell me, why you haven't quote the bible to convert your genotype to AA?

I really don't blame you, I'm sure you're here to publicize your spirituality, mind you, all you're doing is not spiritual- its called TESTING/daring GOD. Keep it up, and you'll be surprised at the result.

You'll NEVER know what its like to father an SS child which you brought to live a life filled with pain- while you aя̩̥ε busy enjoying your life to its fullest, and keeping your child's life under restriction, cos you weren't sensible enough to avoid it!

Keep believing in Miracles! And keep increasing the number of ignorant Christians raising SS children- cos I'm sure you must have "preached" this your rubbish to some other ignorant christians like you
May the good Lord bless u. Help me tell him.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by nanalady(f): 10:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
It is being overemphasized. Some women don't want to go through those pains. Some women have been told by the doctors that they won't survive it so are you saying such women are not happy?

Given birth to a child does not bring happiness, it is seeing your child make something of his life that makes you happy
I understand all ur points..its clear..we are respnsible for the choices we make and having kids is not by force..but ur last coment drew me attention...how do u think ur mama and papa felt when they gave birth to u and maybe ur siblings..just asking no offence..
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Jbaby2(f): 10:23am On Mar 05, 2013
Siga: Very very important....Lost 2 siblings cos Papa and Mama were both AS .... never make the mistake...my ex-fiancee is AS and Im AS as well.....we both ended the relationship after 6yrs....last time I saw her was 1999 ......and till today, we are very good friends even though we are thousands of miles apart ......I ensured that the woman I married is AA.....the experience I had as a child growing up with sickle cell elder bro and sis was bad....
SO SOWI BOUT DAT
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2013
nanalady: I understand all ur points..its clear..we are respnsible for the choices we make and having kids is not by force..but ur last coment drew me attention...how do u think ur mama and papa felt when they gave birth to u and maybe ur siblings..just asking no offence..
What does that have to do with anything biko? They would be happy and a couple who choose to afopt will also be happy that they welcome a child to their lives.

FYI, not everyone who gives birth are actually happy about it which just makes your comment pointless.

Or you have not seen a situation where a MARRIED woman gives birth and is not happy?

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by Mynd44: 10:24am On Mar 05, 2013
nanalady: I understand all ur points..its clear..we are respnsible for the choices we make and having kids is not by force..but ur last coment drew me attention...how do u think ur mama and papa felt when they gave birth to u and maybe ur siblings..just asking no offence..
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by sfada(m): 10:24am On Mar 05, 2013
kennyfao: Shoo! If u don't know what to say then keep quiet. What do u knw about losing the battle u ought to win, what do u knw abt the pains and agony a sickler goes through and endures, what do u knw abt impromptu crises, what do u knw abt waking up in the middle of the nite and the next place that comes to ur mind is going to the hospital, what do u knw abt swallowing pain killer every now and then, what do u knw abt being told several times that u are going to lose one of ur legs to crisis. U are here talking abt faith I don't blame u cos it nva happened to u I kenny is a living testimony and till I die I will always proclaim the words Sickle Cell is real! Pain is real. My greatness enemy will nva have anything to do with anybody with AS as genotype........crying.

Touching heart!!!
Kenny you are right, I feel sorry for you.
Re: How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship by komek(m): 10:48am On Mar 05, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]I gave an honest opinion. Because it differs with your thoughts doesn't categorize it as deception towards the general public.

@CFCfan, I trust you bobo cool[/size]

I believe youu should educate pple first before coming up with such opinion of urs.
We know what it takes to keep a child who genotype is SS becaause of ignorance from their parents. Cost, emotion, time, etc. Ur opinion is good to u but becauuse of a public foruum like this, let's say it the waay it is and stop hiding under that stuff called love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Want To Impregnate My Girlfried So She Doesn't Cheat / My Girlfriend In My House Tonight (With My Parents) / 17-year-old Model Named Most Beautiful Girl In The World For The 2nd Time (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.