Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality (42406 Views)

Buhari Appoints Tax Chief With Fraudulent Degree - The FCT Post / Typical Nigerian Mentality / Nigerian Mentality: "Husband, Wife And Donkey" Comic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Rhino5dm: 8:04am On Mar 07, 2013
flexyonline: It is ridiculous and highly preposterous that anyone can suggest that secondary school leavers can do typical professional jobs that graduates do. It smacks of naively and a simple mind. You think if that is possible in this capitalist world of ours, companies would bother to employ graduates to pay them a lot of money? And for someone saying someone job is to check pressure and temperature, I'm sorry to say but there's no such job in the oil industry. Do you even think collecting temperature and pressure is the end itself? what is that data used for? For operators that monitor processes, this is not even up to a tenth of what their job entails. And these are operators o, OND qualified folks. That person since he is even already a graduate should tell me what he would do if he suspects that his well has a leaking tubing. Or has been told to design a transient test on an exploration well. Or what he needs and how he will go about conducting a reservoir simulation exercise.

Say what you know. Pray tell, how many of the expatriates flocking Nigeria went to college? Like I earlier said, nothing is big about the repeated, boring and unchallenging task carried out in most MNCs.

What is biggie about following already made procedure, work instruction, contract documents or operational manual? or learning how to deploy particular application or software to design, run simulation or analysis?

PDMS, Hysys, Flexicom, Compress, Tekla, Ceaser II, Microstation, Autocad are just like flight simulator which a secondary school graduate should be able to handle perfectly with little training. Lemme disappoint you, 90 something percent of expatriates roaming Nigeria don't have any reasonable qualification to back up their experience. Majority parades some sort of certificates, like NACE, AWS, CWeng, CSWIP, NDT, Autodesk certification, CCNA, PMP, Primavera, P&ID, Process and so on.

On a side note, tell me what you think you are doing that you think you can't be replaced by the least graduating student in your class.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by debosky(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Say what you know. Pray tell, how many of the expatriates flocking Nigeria went to college? Like I earlier said, nothing is big about the repeated, boring and unchallenging task carried out in most MNCs.

You're confusing two related, but distinct issues - the fact that those expats didn't go to college is not the same as saying a secondary school 'graduate' can do the same job. The experience gained by some of those expats over the years is at least equivalent if not superior to a college degree in many cases.

What is biggie about following already made procedure, work instruction, contract documents or operational manual? or learning how to deploy particular application or software to design, run simulation or analysis?

No one is saying it's rocket science, but the fact is that it takes more than secondary school level education to carry those tasks out for the most part. Yes the most routine of steps can be carried out by nearly anyone but not all tasks.

PDMS, Hysys, Flexicom, Compress, Tekla, Ceaser II, Microstation, Autocad are just like flight simulator which a secondary school graduate should be able to handle perfectly with little training. Lemme disappoint you, 90 something percent of expatriates roaming Nigeria don't have any reasonable qualification to back up their experience. Majority parades some sort of certificates, like NACE, AWS, CWeng, CSWIP, NDT, Autodesk certification, CCNA, PMP, Primavera, P&ID, Process and so on.

They may not have 'reasonable qualifications' (whatever that means) but they often have years of experience that are as good as 2 advanced degrees. For the majority of software you're talking about, a lack of understanding of the fundamentals (e.g. thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics - which you don't learn to the required level in secondary school) will result in garbage output.

You are overstating your point by trying to oversimplify the tasks carried out.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Rhino5dm: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2013
debosky:

You're confusing two related, but distinct issues - the fact that those expats didn't go to college is not the same as saying a secondary school 'graduate' can do the same job. The experience gained by some of those expats over the years is at least equivalent if not superior to a college degree in many cases.

No one is saying it's rocket science, but the fact is that it takes more than secondary school level education to carry those tasks out for the most part. Yes the most routine of steps can be carried out by nearly anyone but not all tasks.

They may not have 'reasonable qualifications' (whatever that means) but they often have years of experience that are as good as 2 advanced degrees. For the majority of software you're talking about, a lack of understanding of the fundamentals (e.g. thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics - which you don't learn to the required level in secondary school) will result in garbage output.

You are overstating your point by trying to oversimplify the tasks carried out.

I understand how difficult it is for most people to agree with me but then, what I'm trying to say is not far from what you wrote. I'm not trying to overstate or oversimplify anything as you accused me of. Most of these guys learn on the job without any prior reasonable educational background and thus, my musings is that, these jobs does not necessarily requires the Harvard, Oxford degrees and all that.
Education can be formal or informal.

4 of the guys working for me presently are secondary school graduates, infact 2 among them dropout in JSS. But you know what? They are handling their job roles pretty well which includes designing, yes designing of building and civil structures. I introduced them to the code BS 8110 and train them on how to use Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis and Autocad 2013.

Finally, we can agree to disagree. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by AjanleKoko: 11:19am On Mar 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I understand how difficult it is for most people to agree with me but then, what I'm trying to say is not far from what you wrote. I'm not trying to overstate or oversimplify anything as you accused me of. Most of these guys learn on the job without any prior reasonable educational background and thus, my musings is that, these jobs does not necessarily requires the Harvard, Oxford degrees and all that.
Education can be formal or informal.

I think I agree with this.
Education in the modern sense is overstated. You don't really learn any skills, you only learn lots of theories, and very few are actually going to serve you in real life.

Every time you watch a program like BBC's Master Mind, it always amazes me that the contestants are not physicists or PhD holders. Some of them are in vocations so pedestrian that we look down on them in Nigeria. You'd see a pastry cook come on TV and reel out facts about the Stuarts, or the Medici family, or recite tomes from Shakespeare.

Some time back, the World Bank or one of these developmental agencies advised that Nigeria needs to scale back on tertiary education and focus on vocational education, as that would better serve an undeveloped nation. We cried foul and put it down to Western Imperialism. Nowadays I tend to agree. There is a huge gap in vocational education, such that Chinese are importing laborers into Nigeria.

Truth be told, a lot of people like the OP with their fancy MBAs from Lord Knows where might have been better served with vocational education. Especially when you look at the cost of getting these degrees from the West. Heck, they don't even let us stay to work in those countries. It's probably because they don't need those skills that you paid millions to come and study. So why should you expect a job to be waiting back home?

1 Like

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Emperoh(m): 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
^^^^^
I guess the argument here should be my next article on The Guardian's Youth Speak back page.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Of course the difference between a university and a high school graduate is the certificate. But Nigerian graduates(not all) nowadays are not really special. That's what i want you to counter.

Absolute nonsense. Just because you disrespect Nigeria doesn't mean squat. A Nigerian graduate in ANY DISCIPLINE is a far superior intellectual product to a high school graduate. Fact. A Nigerian who graduates in Economics, Management, Medicine, Law etc from UNN or even LASU, how can you compare such a person with a secondary school kid? Are you mad? Listen, if you don't know what is taught at universities, say so. Just don't come in here typing this stuff.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Absolute nonsense. Just because you disrespect Nigeria doesn't mean squat. A Nigerian graduate in ANY DISCIPLINE is a far superior intellectual product to a high school graduate. Fact. A Nigerian who graduates in Economics, Management, Medicine, Law etc from UNN or even LASU, how can you compare such a person with a secondary school kid? Are you mad? Listen, if you don't know what is taught at universities, say so. Just don't come in here typing this stuff.
So, how come we have microbiologists and people who studied Agriculture working in banks? if the can do it then a high school cert holder can equally do it. Note that i also made reference to non technical job descriptions.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

he is not and stop getting insecure over someone else's opinion.
there are loads of nigerian graduaates in any discipline that cannot construct a simple sentence in any language. oral/written skills are primary 3 at best. what do they teach in nigerian universities? garbage in and garbage out. in my SS2, i was teaching math to some accounting students in the university - their excuse was they never studied further math in their secondary school so what exactly are you talking about?
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by sixteen08(m): 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
@coogar afam is tryna get a point across and am not against dat bt he shud step up d premise with which he is bringing forth his argument.....d premise is silly and I tink u cud help him out,he's got a good point though....a salient one sef
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
sixteen08: @coogar afam is tryna get a point across and am not against dat bt he shud step up d premise with which he is bringing forth his argument.....d premise is silly and I tink u cud help him out,he's got a good point though....a salient one sef

what he's trying to say is simple.
majority of our graduates are half-baked. employers and interviewers would agree with this during their recruitment process. what exactly is being taught in the nigerian university? the lecturer comes in, sells handouts, ask the students to read the handouts......then a long ASUU strike in between. school resumes, 2 quick tests from the same 120-page hand-out and finally the exam!

how are they graded? buying the hand-out alone attracts 20-50% depending on the eccentricity of the lecturer. students who didn't buy them would fail the exams or score a very low grade. the ones who bought and still failed would go to the lecturer with cash gifts or sex and they are moved on to the next semester. i cannot count the number of times i have sent money to my party-loving cousins in nigeria to buy tyres for their lecturers to pass xyz courses.

they all graduated with a strong 2-1 and working in various banks and MNCs today. nigerian students? only about 10% of them are worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by sixteen08(m): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
@coogar I support ur last sentence however I'd go wit a conservative estimate of 25% they aint dat bad grin grin
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

he is not and stop getting insecure over someone else's opinion.
there are loads of nigerian graduaates in any discipline that cannot construct a simple sentence in any language.

SHOW ME ONE PERSON LIKE THAT. This is how you people come in here bandying lies and exaggerations and expecting everyone to go along with it. I have met MANY Nigerian graduates and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM could ''construct a simple sentence''.

oral/written skills are primary 3 at best. what do they teach in nigerian universities? garbage in and garbage out.

More high-falutin lies. Graduates from Nigerian universities ROUTINELY leave the country and take up good employment commensurate with their degrees in the USA, UK and Europe. Doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants. Ever heard of the brain drain? There would be no brain drain if Nigerian universities were as terrible as you claim.

in my SS2, i was teaching math to some accounting students in the university - their excuse was they never studied further math in their secondary school so what exactly are you talking about?

It is YOU looking at it from an ignorant, sniffy point of view. You should actually be COMMENDING those students for brushing up on their basic math to tie in with their accountancy course. If they could afford it they would have done a foundation course in maths. Instead they turned to you. That is of course assuming you are telling us the truth.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

what he's trying to say is simple.
majority of our graduates are half-baked. employers and interviewers would agree with this during their recruitment process.

I would take the opinions of often corrupt, inefficient and understaffed ''employers and interviewers'' with a strong pinch of salt. Give one of those same ''half baked graduates'' a visa to America and in 6 months he's pulling in a 6 figure salary. I have studied in Nigerian and western universities. I actually think the standard in Nigeria is in many ways HIGHER than in the west. MORE is demanded of the Nigerian student academically.

what exactly is being taught in the nigerian university? the lecturer comes in, sells handouts, ask the students to read the handouts......then a long ASUU strike in between. school resumes, 2 quick tests from the same 120-page hand-out and finally the exam!

First of all you are exaggerating again by relating all Nigerian degree courses to ASUU strikes. Probably less than 10% of Nigerian graduates alive have ever been affected by an ASUU strike. Secondly, handouts are a LEGITIMATE, POPULAR, AND GLOBALLY ACCEPTED METHOD of disseminating information in universities. Universities abroad give out even more handouts. In Nigeria it is especially important because of the expensive nature of textbooks (mostly foreign).

For you to attack the giving out of handouts simply shows your ignorance of modern education. Did the lecturers ask students not to buy the relevant textbooks, or you expect the universities to provide free textbooks to students? Even in Oxford nobody gives you free textbooks. You either buy them yourself or rely on lecturers' handouts.

i cannot count the number of times i have sent money to my party-loving cousins in nigeria to buy tyres for their lecturers to pass xyz courses.

They were taking you for a MUGU to collect money for partying and chasing babes. They did not do the above, rest assured.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by AjanleKoko: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:
They were taking you for a MUGU to collect money for partying and chasing babes. They did not do the above, rest assured.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 3:29pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:
SHOW ME ONE PERSON LIKE THAT. This is how you people come in here bandying lies and exaggerations and expecting everyone to go along with it. I have met MANY Nigerian graduates and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM could ''construct a simple sentence''.

look around you on NL.....and i am not talking about basic typos that can be excused.....i am talking about tenses and other basic stuff you would not expect from the so called graduate. why exactly do you think oil/gas companies in nigeria voiced out that 80-90% of nigerian graduates are unemployable. how many of them can handle presentations? abegggi - if you compare what obtains in other places to what it is in nigeria, you would be embarrassed! going to a university in nigeria is an excuse - an excuse to do nothing!

More high-falutin lies. Graduates from Nigerian universities ROUTINELY leave the country and take up good employment commensurate with their degrees in the USA, UK and Europe.

after they must have been trained. one thing about nigerians is they can adapt. put them anywhere and they would thrive. even the mallams who have never been to the 4 walls of a school went to learn to speak in english to beg alms. so that's pretty much given. the average nigerian is intelligent but the graduates don't measure up to their counterparts elsewhere.

It is YOU looking at it from an ignorant, sniffy point of view. You should actually be COMMENDING those students for brushing up on their basic math to tie in with their accountancy course. If they could afford it they would have done a foundation course in maths. Instead they turned to you. That is of course assuming you are telling us the truth.

what's there to lie about?
what's there to commend them about? they are brushing up on their basic math because the courses are now compulsory! they must pass it to move to the next level. what they basically do in nigerian university is garbage in, garbage out. no continuity, no trend. it's all about paying money to lecturers and passing to move to the next level. since the 80s, the standard of education has gone to the dogs. it's not an opinion, it's a fact!

ROSSIKE:
I would take the opinions of often corrupt, inefficient and understaffed ''employers and interviewers'' with a strong pinch of salt. Give one of those same ''half baked graduates'' a visa to America and in 6 months he's pulling in a 6 figure salary. I have studied in Nigerian and western universities. I actually think the standard in Nigeria is in many ways HIGHER than in the west. MORE is demanded of the Nigerian student academically.

and i can tell you 90% of what's demanded from them would not be needed by them. they just weigh them down with things that are not relevant. my cousin i was talking about did electronic/electrical engineering.....he never saw a router till he left school and his school(OAU) is the number one school in the country in IT. they just bore him with theoretical stuff that were either obsolete or irrelevant. we compared notes a lot and he admitted the first time he sat in front of a computer monitor was in his final year - that's how you train engineers, isn't it?

First of all you are exaggerating again by relating all Nigerian degree courses to ASUU strikes. Probably less than 10% of Nigerian graduates alive have ever been affected by an ASUU strike. Secondly, handouts are a LEGITIMATE, POPULAR, AND GLOBALLY ACCEPTED METHOD of disseminating information in universities. Universities abroad give out even more handouts. In Nigeria it is especially important because of the expensive nature of textbooks (mostly foreign).

which idiotic handouts? where? exploit students to pay for handouts and give bonus marks to handout buyers? in the west? wipe the side of your mouth, there's blood oozing out from there.

For you to attack the giving out of handouts simply shows your ignorance of modern education. Did the lecturers ask students not to buy the relevant textbooks, or you expect the universities to provide free textbooks to students?

go to a damn library and read up on the course itself. why must buying handout attracts marks? is it an intellectual exercise to pay N2000 for handouts? then you went on to say only 10% of living graduates experienced ASUU strike.....you must have crawled out of a rock. minus the students going to private universities, at least 80% of living nigerian graduates spent more years in school than the course required. stop lying to cover up the inadequacies of the NUC and the education ministry.

MUGU, my white butt
they paid their way throughout to earn their grades.....i went down to nigeria myself, met with some of these lecturers in the staff club so stop assuming rubbish. you can bawl, wail or whimper - the average nigerian graduate is sub-standard!
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by ecolime(m): 3:42pm On Mar 07, 2013
I wonder why some dumb brats are quick to cast aspersions on Nigerian graduates simply because their fathers were able to send them to a foreign university. Why not stay back and look for jobs in the country you schooled since the system there fits and appreciates your "high intellect" or betterstill use your "superior" knowledge to create your own thriving business? Proud people makes me puke. Anyways, "no be una fault, na condition make crayfish bend"
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

look around you on NL.....and i am not talking about basic typos that can be excused.....i am talking about tenses and other basic stuff you would not expect from the so called graduate.

How do you know they are graduates?

why exactly do you think oil/gas companies in nigeria voiced out that 80-90% of nigerian graduates are unemployable. how many of them can handle presentations? abegggi - if you compare what obtains in other places to what it is in nigeria, you would be embarrassed! going to a university in nigeria is an excuse - an excuse to do nothing!

Kindly stop quoting ''oil and gas companies'' - mostly dubious, corrupt, money guzzlers more adept at dodging ways to transfer technology to your country than developing your youth.

after they must have been trained. one thing about nigerians is they can adapt. put them anywhere and they would thrive. even the mallams who have never been to the 4 walls of a school went to learn to speak in english to beg alms. so that's pretty much given. the average nigerian is intelligent but the graduates don't measure up to their counterparts elsewhere.

More unadulterated rubbish. How can a ''half-baked graduate'' who ''cannot string a simple sentence together'' suddenly get ''trained'' in some 4 week course and suddenly become a 6 figure earning high flier in his area of study? IMPOSSIBLE. He must have had a very SOUND university education prior to taking up such training. This is why Nigerian-trained doctors for instance, find it so easy to travel out and get jobs. In fact they're highly sought after. Some end up even lecturing at universities there.

So while I'm not claiming that we're perfect, or that there's no room for improvement we're nowhere near as bad as some of you make out.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by obi2012: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
na lie o!!

ROSSIKE:

More high-falutin lies. Graduates from Nigerian universities ROUTINELY leave the country and take up good employment commensurate with their degrees in the USA, UK and Europe. Doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants. Ever heard of the brain drain? There would be no brain drain if Nigerian universities were as terrible as you claim.

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 3:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
ecolime: I wonder why some dumb brats are quick to cast aspersions on Nigerian graduates simply because their fathers were able to send them to a foreign university. Why not stay back and look for jobs in the country you schooled since the system there fits and appreciates your "high intellect" or betterstill use your "superior" knowledge to create your own thriving business?

shut up and stop throwing subliminal words....
ecolime, i am restraining myself not to call you a tool here. i am really trying not to but i might go out of control and say it if you provoke me.

Proud people makes me puke. Anyways, "no be una fault, na condition make crayfish bend"

what he said........
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by BABE3: 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:
This is why Nigerian trained doctors for instance, find it so easy to travel out and get jobs. With some ending up even LECTURING at universities there.

Comical!
Travel out to which countries? Be specific.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
BABE!:

Comical!

ghana, burundi, rwanda!

don't mind him - he belongs to that posse of deluded nationalists. with their laughable patriotism, they are what is wrong with nigeria. bring out any factual statement about the state of the country and they would be on the defensive - lying to themselves that all is well. no, player - all is not well. the education was good in the 60s, 70s and maybe 80s. since the 90s, things have gone from average to the pits.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
BABE!:

Comical!

http://www.anpa.org/
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

stop embarrassing yourself......these people did not school in nigeria in the 90s or at the turn of the millennium. they schooled in nigeria when the education was top drawer. why don't you bring up wole soyinka and chinua achebe to buttress your points - cos you are starting to struggle now.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

ghana, burundi, rwanda!

don't mind him - he belongs to that posse of deluded nationalists. with their laughable patriotism, they are what is wrong with nigeria. bring out any factual statement about the state of the country and they would be on the defensive - lying to themselves that all is well. no, player - all is not well. the education was good in the 60s, 70s and maybe 80s. since the 90s, things have gone from average to the pits.

You belong to a special class of charlatans adept at spreading lies and exaggerations about Nigeria. Rwanda? Burundi? Ghana? Are those not African countries? Why should Nigerian doctors not work there? You prefer them to treat Europeans and Americans first? Which by the way is what they seem to be doing, with an estimated 5,000 Nigerian trained doctors working in the USA alone. UK, probably another 3,000.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

stop embarrassing yourself......these people did not school in nigeria in the 90s or at the turn of the millennium. they schooled in nigeria when the education was top drawer. why don't you bring up wole soyinka and chinua achebe to buttress your points - cos you are starting to struggle now.

You're an embarrassment. The majority of that 70s, 80s generation have retired. The vast majority of Nigerian doctors and other professionals working overseas today are YOUNG guys and girls educated IN Nigeria in the 90s and 2000s.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You belong to a special class of charlatans adept at spreading lies and exaggerations about Nigeria. Rwanda? Burundi? Ghana? Are those not African countries? Why should Nigerian doctors not work there? You prefer them to treat Europeans and Americans first? Which by the way is what they seem to be doing, with an estimated 5,000 Nigerian trained doctors working in the USA alone. UK, probably another 3,000.

you are talking nonsense(as usual!
you went online to bring out a link that has actually destroyed your own argument. dr nelson oyesiku is 57. tell us how he graduated from university of ibadan in the 90s or after the millennium. we are talking about the state of the education in the last 20 yrs and this one is pulling out names and statistics from his rectum. if you cannot articulate your points appropriately, please fly off the thread! you are a monumental embarrassment to the nigerian univeristy degree.

ROSSIKE:
You're an embarrassment. The majority of that 70s, 80s generation have retired. The vast majority of Nigerian doctors working overseas today are YOUNG guys and girls educated IN Nigeria in the 90s and 2000s.

hahahaha, when did dr oyesiku graduate from ibadan? is he retired|?
you ptyalise a lot of nonsense in the name of defending the worst educational system in africa. retired? are you taking the piss?
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by BABE3: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
ROSSIKE:

What are you taking about?? I just went through the website and I saw nothing like "LUTH" or "LAUTECH". Those men and women are Nigerian, and that's all about it. They weren't trained in Nigeria.

For their membership requirement, if you're not "America-grounded", they don't want you.So what are you talking about?

Of all things to choose to lie about it's the medical field that caught your attention. The medical field in Nigeria is shît!! Look at the country; is it serious enough for doctors to school and cross over to America to start practicing and lecturing at med. school ? In this day and age. . . Na beans ??!

coogar:
ghana, burundi, rwanda!

I guessed as much. grin
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

you are talking nonsense(as usual!
you went online to bring out a link that has actually destroyed your own argument.
dr nelson oyesiku is 57. tell us how he graduated from university of ibadan in the 90s or after the millennium.

You are really not very bright. Dr Oyesiku is simply one of the elders in an organisation with over 4,000 doctors. Do you think they are all 57 years old like him? You need to travel around, talk less and learn more. I have seen Nigerian doctors in the US and UK in hospitals. Majority of them are in their 30s. Some in their 20s. Not to mention other professionals. You have NO CLUE what is going on.

we are talking about the state of the education in the last 20 yrs and this one is pulling out names and statistics from his rectum. if you cannot articulate your points appropriately, please fly off the thread! you are a monumental embarrassment to the nigerian univeristy degree.

If you had less foam in your skull, you'd think twice about coming here to peddle beer parlour garbage thinking you're relating with your fellow illiterates.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
BABE!:

What are you taking about?? I just went through the website and I saw nothing like "LUTH" or "LAUTECH". Those men and women are Nigerian, and that's all about it. They weren't trained in Nigeria.

For their membership requirement, if you're not "America-grounded", they don't want you.So what are you talking about?

Of all things to choose to lie about it's the medical field that caught your attention. The medical field is Nigeria sh1t!! Look at the country; is it serious enough for doctors to school and cross over to America to start practicing and lecturing at med. school ? Na beans ??!

I guessed as much. grin

he should return his university degree......he has embarrassed his citadel of learning far too much in the last one hour....dr oyesiku graduated as far back as 1979 from university of ibadan. he's in his late 50s and he's still practicing in atlanta. even with that, oyesiku continued studying in foreign universities. he's spent more years in foreign education than the nigerian education and yet this rossike is spewing balderdash!

ROSSIKE:
You are really not very bright. Dr Oyesiku is simply one of the elders in an organisation with over 4,000 doctors. Do you think they are all 57 years old like him? You need to travel around, talk less and learn more. I have seen Nigerian doctors in the US and UK in hospitals. Majority of them are in their 30s. Some in their 20s. Not to mention other professionals. You have NO CLUE what is going on.

spermflakes must occupy where your thalamus should be. were you not the one talking a good game some moments back that nigerian graduates go out there to head organizations? you brought out a link showing nigerian gurus and i simply profiled one of the names and the vital stats showed something different. you are a tool! so 4,000 doctors in the usa means they were all well-trained or they are there to further their career and spend more years in foreign education to purge them of the toxic nigerian education. get out of here, abeg!

If you had less foam in your skull, you'd think twice about coming here to peddle beer parlour garbage thinking you're relating with your fellow illiterates.

you're a consummate retard
i have destroyed your argument - with the accuracy or the precision of a scud missile. it's so easy to see through a plonker like yourself who just reel out assumptions. the education in nigeria is rotten. you either prove me wrong or shut the fuck up!
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by BABE3: 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
coogar:

he should return his university degree......he has embarrassed his citadel of learning far too much in the last one hour....dr oyesiku graduated as far back as 1979 from university of ibadan. he's in his late 50s and he's still practicing in atlanta. even with that, oyesiku continued studying in foreign universities. he's spent more years in foreign education than the nigerian education and yet this rossike is spewing balderdash!

Thank you o.
Most Nigerian trained doctors that come over get the American training for many years. It's even almost like they're starting from the scratch.
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
BABE!:

Kindly return to Tonto Dikeh issues and stop disturbing this thread with your ignorance. Majority of Nigerian doctors abroad got their medical degree in Nigeria PRIOR to travelling overseas.

Of all things to choose to lie about it's the medical field that caught your attention. The medical field in Nigeria is shît!! Look at the country; is it serious enough for doctors to school and cross over to America to start practicing and lecturing at med. school ? In this day and age. . . Na beans ??!

Your mere shouting form a point of absolute ignorance doesn't alter the facts on the ground in the least. While you are there being useless to self and country, thousands of Nigerian graduates continue to troop out of the country to excel in the chosen fields, for which they were trained - and well trained - in Nigeria.

Tell me something, BABE. Do you have a degree from a Nigerian university?
Re: Foreign Degree & The Nigerian Mentality by coogar: 4:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
BABE!:

Thank you o.
Most Nigerian trained doctors that come over get the American training for many years. It's even almost like they're starting from the scratch.

do you pay attention to the dolt?
his real first experience of seeing an american doctor at work is watching "house" on TV. what does he know about the challenges of nigerian-trained doctors in america?

UK BLACKLISTS MEDICAL GRADUATES FROM NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

Medical graduates from nine universities in Nigeria will no longer be able to obtain licenses to practice in the United Kingdom, following a decision by the UK's General Medical Council (GMC) to ban the higher institutions.

The GMC, a body of independent regulators which registers medical doctors to practise in the UK, took the decision to bar graduates from the nine universities from writing PLAB.

PLAB is the UK exam that enables non-UK Medical graduates to undertake post-graduate medical training in the country.

The affected graduates are those who graduated after December 10, 2010 from Ambrose Ali University, Ebonyi State University, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Nnamdi Azikiwe University, University of Jos, University of Nigeria and the University of Port Harcourt.

It also applies to those who graduated on or after April 1, 2010 from Igbinedion University College of Health Sciences and the University of Benin.

According to Jason Day of the GMC's press office, the schools were axed because they no longer meet the required standards for practise in the UK.

He added that the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) had also advised that they suspend accreditation of some medical schools in the country.

“The decision only applies to students who graduated from those medical schools after the MDCN suspended their accreditation,” Day said

this is like taking candy from a kid of 4. grin
rossike, what do you have to say to this? well-trained indeed!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Sit At Home Order In Imo State: How Your Area Be?? (pictures) / Policewomen Searching Women At Eid Prayer Ground In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.