Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30345 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Robisi(m): 1:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
i didnt watch d match, but it ws clear dat man u ws rubbed. To man u fans, dis wil mark ur down fall cos wen chelsea were doin so wel in d leaque, u rubbed dem, my prayer is dat all dis yrs of una robery wil backfire in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
This remind me of how man u beat chelsea in epl wit 2 red card. Torres red card was nt surpose 2 b red card, nd nani own s nt surpose 2 b red card. Bt d only diferenc nw s dat man u are out of ucl nd chelsea waitin 4 dia 2nd leg in epl.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Robisi(m): 1:11pm On Mar 06, 2013
i didnt watch d match, but it ws clear dat man u ws rubbed. To man u fans, dis wil mark ur down fall cos wen chelsea were doin so wel in d leaque, u rubbed dem, and they never recover frm dat. my prayer is dat all dis yrs of una robery wil backfire in jesus name
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
gratiaeo: Liverpool vs Man U̶̲̥̅̊... undeserved red
Shelvel send off, Man u advantage
Chelsea vs Man u... underdeserved red, Torres send off, Man u advantage
Man city vs Man u... undeserved red, kompany send off, Man u advantage
Who's complaining
Damn! Without ref Man u is nothing

In which match was Kompany sent off? Stop misleading people.

scored with a free-kick from an angle, aided by a crucial deflection.
LINEUP, BOOKINGS (7) & SUBSTITUTIONS (6)
Manchester City
01 Hart
04 Kompany (K Toure - 21' )
05 Zabaleta
22 Clichy
33 Nastasic
08 Nasri Booked
18 Barry Booked
21 Silva
42 Y Toure Booked (Dzeko - 84' )
16 Aguero
45 Balotelli (Tevez - 52' Booked )
Substitutes
30 Pantilimon
03 Maicon
06 Lescott
28 K Toure
14 Garcia
10 Dzeko
32 Tevez
Manchester United
01 De Gea
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand Booked
06 Evans (Smalling - 48' )
07 Valencia (Jones - 84' Booked )
16 Carrick
18 Young
23 Cleverley (Welbeck - 87' )
10 Rooney Booked
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
50 Johnstone
04 Jones
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
22 Scholes
14 Hernandez
19 Welbeck
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571835
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That was a very foolish decision. So Victor Moses, Balotelli and Co can't control aerial balls. Nani had no intent and went for the ball. How that was a red card beats me.

I was supporting Real Madrid but that was clearly poor officiating. It spoilt the game.

Thanks for saying the truth.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
[b]* Everton manager David Moyes:
"I think tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The decision changed the game.
"I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had a hard time tonight. I think they have a right to surround the referee. The decision was poor and it has cost them the biggest prize in football."

* Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher:11
"(The decision was) harsh to say the least but in fairness the Real player did Nani no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown.
"I can't reiterate enough that he (Nani) is watching the ball over his shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot see what stretch of the imagination where I would have sent him off for that."

* Former Liverpool and Germany midfielder Dietmar Hamann:
"He wants to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player expected it, nobody was claiming a red card. He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's not even a booking."

Former Bayern Munich and Aston Villa striker Alan McInally:
"It's a disgrace, a shocking decision, that has put Manchester United out of the Champions League."

Plus Yahoo news, CNN, Supersports all think it was a wrong decision.
[/b]
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Adufaye(m): 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
any ball abov ur waist is foul,wit red card,if u use ur leg....weda u were d 1st 2 reach d ball,or last....more ova,u cn sev ban,if d tackle is dangerous.

N.B
ur leg cn nt pas ur waist....unlex u b witch
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by schorlbone(m): 1:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Madrid yo!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Robisi: i didnt watch d match, but it ws clear dat man u ws rubbed. To man u fans, dis wil mark ur down fall cos wen chelsea were doin so wel in d leaque, u rubbed dem, my prayer is dat all dis yrs of una robery wil backfire in jesus name
Are you a fu....cking retar..d?
You didnt watch the match yet you are telling us it was clear they were robbed?
Do you have a brain up there?!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by blesszzy(m): 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
IT SHOULD NOT HAVE RED CARD...NANI WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE BALL IN THE AIR NOT KNOWING SOMEONE WAS COMING FORM THE BACK....IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL, HE WAS TRYING TO CONTROL THE BALL ...THAT REF GOT IT WRONG...YELLOW CARD ATLEAST
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by lawbabs: 1:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by schorlbone(m): 1:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: [b]* Everton manager David Moyes:
"I think tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The decision changed the game.
"I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had a hard time tonight. I think they have a right to surround the referee. The decision was poor and it has cost them the biggest prize in football."

"(The decision was) harsh to say the least but in fairness the Real player did Nani no favours whatsoever. At worst Nani catches the underside of his arm, certainly not the ribs as the guy has gone down and shown.
"I can't reiterate enough that he (Nani) is watching the ball over his shoulder, there was no malice in him. At worst it was a yellow for dangerous play, but if I was refereeing that game I cannot see what stretch of the imagination where I would have sent him off for that."

"He wants to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player expected it, nobody was claiming a red card. He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's not even a booking."

"It's a disgrace, a shocking decision, that has put Manchester United out of the Champions League."

[/b]
oga o! No worry dem go replay the match next week cheesy BTw, shey you be Man'Ure?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Robisi: i didnt watch d match, but it ws clear dat man u ws rubbed. To man u fans, dis wil mark ur down fall cos wen chelsea were doin so wel in d leaque, u rubbed dem, and they never recover frm dat. my prayer is dat all dis yrs of una robery wil backfire in jesus name

See Retar..d, i thot u jes claimed u didnt c d match....how come u kno' so much wrong? Ode
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by micmiloz(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
Nani committed 2 offences which deserved a yellow card each. first d flying tackle which it's obvious wz deliberate cos he feigned injury immediately. That was his second bookable offence ie a player fakes or feigns to influence the ref's decision it's called simulation punishable by a yellow card. Two yellow cards is simply a red. D ref didnt need wasting his two yellows, he dished out his red!

Up Manu Haters cool
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
The law

Fifa law 12, fouls and misconduct, states:  "A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play." It clarifies: "Excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent." The question now is, did he use excessive force?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
If High studs in the opponents abdomen isn't a prerequisite for a red card, I wonder what else is. Accept defeat you pathetic excuses of football fans.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Olaolufred(m): 1:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
pro01: Na (red) devil go punish Nani and Man U in general. Dem think say ojoro na their birthright. Was Torres' red card in Chelsea vs Man U (at Stamford Bridge) justified? Not every referee belongs to the 'PDP'. Serves them right.

THANK YOU, I KNOW SOME OF THEM ARE BONAFIDE MEMBERS OF APC.
LOL
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by iHOT1(f): 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
the card wasn't justified...............it really lacked intent angry

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by econity(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Orblonde: If you don't think it is a red card then ask a referee what dangerous play is. Don't let the uk media brainwash you. If that was Real they would be talking different.
you are on point my guy. UK press only took note that Nani was focusing on the ball but forgot to tell us that he was not the only one in the pitch at that moment.
Nani himself knows the gravity of his offence that was why he was pretending to be hurt the most. Because it is Queen's team that is why it is now termed the most ridiculous red card. Shame.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by licensed2k(m): 1:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
@dopejemi I don't want to be quoting ur long post buh what the heck! Ur write-up was spot on.
Feels good to know we still have some Nigerians who could reason that well.
Takes a bow bruh.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
lawbabs: check out this post.

https://www.nairaland.com/1216711/revealed-man-utd-vs-real

You can see that Platini knows the kind of referee he uses to do his dirty deals. Look at the poor record of this supposed EUFA referee in the link above.

And he is a fan of Spanish football. He follows Ronaldo, Madrid, Barca and Messi on twitter. EUFA always against English teams.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by paris10: 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
As long as it's Man Utd, justified joor! European referees cannot be bought over or intimidated by Alex Ferguson and the FA. This is not EPL. 12 points clear above Man city didn't just happen, this is base on some criminal decisions by the ref to award unwarranted penalties and "6" minutes extral time to every game.

Karma is b.i.t.t.c.h
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by bruglione1(m): 1:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
mca795: am an a.c milan fan nd dislike d red devils so much bt dat a yellow card nt red.
I'm a rossoneri too. Brah, I refuse to agree wf u. The dude practically jumped on arbeloa's sternum and went rolling like t was some kung fu charade. He lacked intent I must say sha bt the drama was a classic bt the ref na bad guy, catch am like Lastma. Straight red.....dangerous play. 2ndly, would u have agreed to a yellow if t was ramos against van persie?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by mightyleks(m): 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: [b]* Everton manager David Moyes:

[/b]

Y did u remove roy keanes comment.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BrightDeGea(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
You said its a red because you hate MAN U, are we clear now?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
schorlbone: oga o! No worry dem go replay the match next week cheesy BTw, shey you be Man'Ure?

It's past. United should go for it next season. Now, it's time to ensure City doesn't catch United in the EPL table. It's ten matches to go, Man United just have to prove to city they are children.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
mightyleks:

Y did u remove roy keanes comment.

Because people that quoted Kean did not quote these men too.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bright De Gea: You said its a red because you hate MAN U, are we clear now?

NO, YOU'RE FOGGED AND WE'RE CLEAR. DEAL WITH IT
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by econity(m): 2:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
dangerous play has nothing to do with intentional or unintentional play.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BrightDeGea(m): 2:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
To all the
Liverpool,Chelsea,Arsenal
and Man City fans
celebrating Madrid
knocking United out of the
Cl.. Is like cheering on the
guy giving your wife an
orgasm because you
couldn't
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2013
econity:
you are on point my guy. UK press only took note that Nani was focusing on the ball but forgot to tell us that he was not the only one in the pitch at that moment.
Nani himself knows the gravity of his offence that was why he was pretending to be hurt the most. Because it is Queen's team that is why it is now termed the most ridiculous red card. Shame.

I can see that you are a refree. Would you kindly interpret these?
Page 26
Playing in a Dangerous Manner
Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball,threatens injury to someone (including the player himself)
It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury. The action becomes an offence only when an
opponent is adversely affected. A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Page 27
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is a physical contact, the action becomes a offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that
misconduct has also been committed.
Page 28
Disciplinary sanctions:
if a player plays in a dangerous manner in a “normal” challenge, the referee should not take any disciplinary action if the action is made with obvious risk of injury the referee should caution the player if a player denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity playing in a dangerous manner the referee should send off the player
Restart of play:
indirect free kick from the position where the offence occurred* if there is contact, a different offence has been committed, punishable by a direct free kick
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_12_fouls_misconduct_en_47379.pdf
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ocheejemb: 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
Oh my days,,,that was never a red card when you view the whole thing...its football you gonna get kicked at some point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United - (0 - 1) - Live / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 16th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0 ) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.