Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30346 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by adelaja70(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

No you are a foooooool!
I watched the match on my 50inch LED 3D TV and i can tell you again that red card or not, Real Madrid were always going to score goals and dump Manchester United out!
Forget about chances created before the game ..... the bottom line is the scores was level at half time!
Madrid were gee'd up by that goal and stepped up the game!
You need to stop thinking with your rectum, Manchester United FC never stood a chance .. The put in a good shift but the game was always going to be in favour of Real Madrid!
Yor father is a fool.....God punish your entire generation....Idiot!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Orikinla(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
wasiudvd: Do the English media think we av no brain?
In the pix below, Eboue was sent off (straight red), ferguson said it was a good call.
In the other pix, Pepe was sent off for that too, so why the noise?

GOD WILL MULTIPLY YOUR BLESSINGS A HUNDRED FOLD FOR SPEAKING THE TRUTH WITH FACTS TO PROVE IT.
I wish I could kiss you now. cheesy
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 12:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Toyolad: Though he was lookin at d ball nd didnt c albeloa comin bt dat kinda tackle isn't allowed in champions league games....moreover his feet was at albeloa's rib 4 2 secs nd seein wat he did,he startd rollin on d floor as if he was d injured man. D ref made d rite decision 2me oo
Not just champions league game, it is a "grievous bodily harm" tongue
It should never be allowed in movies at the cinemas or anywhere else ...
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
J-Mystique:
Anyone football watcher who saw that incident and thought it was a stra8 red should do the world a favour and stop watching football

That was a very foolish decision. So Victor Moses, Balotelli and Co can't control aerial balls. Nani had no intent and went for the ball. How that was a red card beats me.

I was supporting Real Madrid but that was clearly poor officiating. It spoilt the game.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by emmasege: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
They once had their eyes on three trophies this season. one has just slipped off their hands. Their dream of FA will also be shattered on sunday, afterall they dream impossible dreams. make u na hold tight to the EPL oo because Mancini talk say hm never give up, lest u end the season trophyless despite ur 'superlative' performance this season.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by buchio7(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
Abeg...abeg....abeg.....make man U and dem fans go siddon for poto-poto.....when Una dey do photo for Apr game in April 2012 Una no knw...

Again with Chelsea in Oct 2012 Una no cry.....

Be dem don show Una photo Una wan hang.....

Poto-poto team..... grin grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: The rule clearly states "no studs" because it's considered dangerous play. Accident or no accident Nani went in spikes up- automatic red card. The ref has to make the call the same no matter how significant the match. Any time you go in recklessly you are taking the risk of being sent off. Every player and coach knows this

I don't like Madrid, but the truth must be said here.

The challenge by Nani was a dangerous one, not helped by his simulation, which made the ref decision a very correct one. Had he accepted responsibility, he might have been lucky with a yellow. No matter, Nani saw Arbeola late and should have directed his leg away from Arbeola rather than aiming for his chest. The rule is clear- dangerous play, red card.
i have been reading ur comments since last night and it shows ur exact intention about man utd. U are just bias and how do u xpect some body dat is on d air to redirect his leg? All still d same, i am luking forward to c such tin happen to ur team and den c ur reation.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by adelaja70(m): 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

Thank you and dont mind the idio...t!
I am sure this is how u call your father idiot at home....Omo ale.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 12:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
adelaja70:
Yor father is a fool.....God punish your entire generation....Idiot!
Your father and your imbecilic mother are fu..cking inbreds!
And you are the product of an unlawful and accidental mating coupled with the inefficiencies of gold circle condom manufacturers, you fu...cking tosser!
You entire lineage, and generation, alive, dead and unborn are all fu....cking bastards!
You dare come and throw shade at me, you have signed your death certificate...
I will annihilate you and make the forum hell for you!!!!!
Bring it on, fu...cking troglodyte!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by drsirgodons(m): 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Toyolad: Though he was lookin at d ball nd didnt c albeloa comin bt dat kinda tackle isn't allowed in champions league games....moreover his feet was at albeloa's rib 4 2 secs nd seein wat he did,he startd rollin on d floor as if he was d injured man. D ref made d rite decision 2me oo
is he micheal jordan dat his leg will kick sum1 for 2 second, dat card was not warranted
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by buchio7(m): 12:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
;DDown....Down.....devils!!!!!

UP......UP......MADRID!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by informatix: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
as a manu fan for decades i can attest to you. Nani saw abeloah and Nani deserves Yellow card NOT red Card.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

Oh for fu...ck sake, get fu....cking over it or go and die somewhere!
Why bother myself to throw a party about your defeat? I have a gazillion important things to do than worry myself about Manchester United success or demise!
The point is, Nani committed a dangerous offence on the field of play and was duely sent off by the referee who i totally agree with, based on the rules of the game!
Did i come here to comment about Barca and Alexis getting denied a penalty? Are you flipping mad?!
If you are talking about someone getting away with cheeky and dubious decisions, then i dont think you should talk any further, you are one of the hypocritical cun.ts outhere ... Manchester United have benefitted from several and numerous dubious decisions over the years ... But the issue at hand is not even dubious, it is not at all .. It is spot on!
The team i support doesnt matter in this argument, i know the game well and i enjoy it ... Clear the sentiments and bitter layers off your eyes and see beyond!
Manchester United were simply not good enough to make it into the semis, Nani was dismissed for a dangerous offence, which shouldnt even be allowed in a movie theatre, talkless of the theatre of dreams!
Get over it and move the fu..ck on!
am sure if we had won, and the decision swung in favour of us, you wuld have alleged refs favouring United. How dare you say United are not good enuf to make it to the Semi's. Sounds like raw beef talk to me. We have a great record in the UCL. In four years we got to the final thrice. How can you just say shi.t bout United. Guy abeg I urge you to piss off caus yu are just a player hater.. Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A dangerous offence indeed. Wat wuld he have gained from doin dat wen we were leading the tie.. It wasn't intentional you dumb fuc.k.. Don't you play soccer? Is soccer not supposed to be a contact sport? There was no intention in the tackle at all.. Only Mr Cuynet Cakir the fucke.d up Turkish ref will deem dat as dangerous play. He needs to go for training all ova again to learn the rules of the game
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by davades(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
What goes around comes around...how come Nani is rolling on the pitch as if he's the one injured? Who knows what Nani was thinking before making that move (raising his leg that high) now pretending as if he's the one injured. Better luck next season. Howard Webb is to ref Sunday's match, God save us o #UP CHELSEA
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Humphreydis(m): 12:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
J-Mystique:
Anyone football watcher who saw that incident and thought it was a stra8 red should do the world a favour and stop watching football
.....guy go shit!....did u watch d footage dis mrning?....u cm here dey run ur mouth lik borehole....dat wz a straight Red card dude!..nani don forget say na football he dey play,he bn dey think say na karate championship.....eheeen!..lets I forgot,as for d Man utd fans..Remembr Mark Clatenburg against chelsea...hahaha...wat goes around comes around!..abeg wat tym b Barca Vs Ac milan match?...coz I wan see Barca comot.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
Bash Me:

THWART! TO BE FRANK WIV U, IT WAS AN INTENTIONAL ONE. HOW WUD HE AV THOT THAT HE'D AV BEEN THE ONLY ONE CONTESTING FOR SUCH BALL, 20YARDS AWAY WITHOUT AN OPPONENT STANDING AROUND TO DO SAME? FISH HEAD, SOMEONE RAISED HIS STUD DAT HIGH AND UR LETTING PIG-SHIT SLIP OFF UR LOWER LIP LIKE DAT.... SORRY 4 U. AM PLAYING U OVER THE WEEKEND, SO BE PREPARED. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE UR ASS COME SAT. IS HOWARD WEBB. UP CHELSEA!!!

Are you conceeding victory already before sunday? Why not talk about your interim manager and disorganized football club instead of worrying too much on the ref.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 12:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy: am sure if we had won, and the decision swung in favour of us, you wuld have alleged refs favouring United. How dare you say United are not good enuf to make it to the Semi's. Sounds like raw beef talk to me. We have a great record in the UCL. In four years we got to the final thrice. How can you just say shi.t bout United. Guy abeg I urge you to piss off caus yu are just a player hater.. Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A dangerous offence indeed. Wat wuld he have gained from doin dat wen we were leading the tie.. It wasn't intentional you dumb fuc.k.. Don't you play soccer? Is soccer not supposed to be a contact sport? There was no intention in the tackle at all.. Only Mr Cuynet Cakir the fucke.d up Turkish ref will deem dat as dangerous play. He needs to go for training all ova again to learn the rules of the game
You are begining to sound like a starved donkey ... Go get yourself some lunch!
But if you want to keep chewing over the loss, then feel free .... Swing your keyboard or fling your monitor like Nani threw his legs about!
So long sucker....
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by davades(m): 12:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
Even Ronaldo was suppose to be fined by Real Madrid FA....C.Ronaldo is on form but intentionally didn't up his game last night, peharps he doesn't want to score more than a goal, he has 11 chances yesterday.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
Cr@zydude:

Are you conceeding victory already before sunday? Why not talk about your interim manager and disorganized football club instead of worrying too much on the ref.

COS I SAID THE TRUTH... WEBB WILL KISS UR ASS TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DONE IN UR FAVOUR. THAT I KNO' 4 SURE, NAMA
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 12:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

You are begining to sound like a starved donkey ... Go get yourself some lunch!
But if you want to keep chewing over the loss, then feel free .... Swing your keyboard or fling your monitor like Nani threw his legs about!
So long sucker....
why not tell me the club you support so I can bash you wela. You are just being a biased fuc.k. I seem to be wasting precious time arguing with you caus if it were ur team it happend to, u wuld have been the first to talk shi.t bout d ref.. I guess you, the ref, mourinho and arbeloa need a Fuckin.g orgy to celebrate our defeat
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy: why not tell me the club you support so I can bash you wela. You are just being a biased fuc.k. I seem to be wasting precious time arguing with you caus if it were ur team it happend to, u wuld have been the first to talk shi.t bout d ref.. I guess you, the ref, mourinho and arbeloa need a Fuckin.g orgy to celebrate our defeat
Go su...ck on a lemon!
The point of the discussion is, was Nani's red card justified" .... That is the basis of the argument
Anything else is irrelevant!
Go and slam your head on a brick wall if you are mad about the red card still!
Bet wetter
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by sod09(m): 12:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
Common dude....are u a learner?hes not d only one on the pitch,so there is no way u say he doesnt know...if its were a man u player,fergie will say hes lucky to b alive
Beaf!:
Damn!
- Nani DOESN'T know that the guy was coming because ALL his attention was on the BALL. If the Ref had just issued the red card immediately I would have said it was a reflex (which ofcourse he will regret later). That guy waited for atleast 70secs before issuing the red. Nobody in that match expected a red card at that moment beside the refree. You could even see the surprise on the faces of RealMad players. May be yellow but definitely NOT a red. That Ref is a biatch!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2013
oldlord: man u vs man city, kompany was handed a red card for offence that desever nt even yellow card. so let man u enjoy this ti.e

Which Man United vs City did Kompany get a red?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ashmanpolo: 12:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
‎: Lmao"@FootballFunnys: Had Howard Webb been the referee of last night's match, Arbeloa would have been sent off for chesting Nani's foot."

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by robonski15(m): 12:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
It wasn't a red card,nani didn't know arbeloa was coming and it happened quickly.. But nani made a mistake by lying down in pains,he should have just got up apologise to the arbeloa and it would have eneded in a yellow card.. It has happened this way so let all united fan get over it..
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ponomote: Man Utd fans moaning about Nani's red card. Do they remember this red card for Eboue .. Karma

That Eboue case is was clear intentional act to hurt the player. Where Eboue's leg is, is the ball there. Nani case, he went for the ball. Don't be biased.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ElCaballa(m): 1:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
MODs must every fuc.king damned thing makes front page?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
How can this be a red card? Even Mourinho said he wasn't sure that could lead to a red. CNN, Yahoo news, Supersports, etc all said it wasnt a red card. This video placed here also took this from a blind side. Why did it not show from the fast action? Only Nigerian anti Man United fanatics think this was a red card.

Now what of Ramos faul on Patrice Evra in the first leg in Madrid? Evra was through with one on one with Madrid keeper, but Ramos brought him down from behind and no thing happened. This is all EUFA conspiracy

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

That Eboue case is was clear intentional act to hurt the player. Where Eboue's leg is, is the ball there. Nani case, he went for the ball. Don't be biased.

SHARAPT DI..CK, WAT R U SAYING SEF? UNTIL HE BOOTS OUT HIS INTESTINE(S) B4 U REALISE IT WAS A GRAVE ATTACK 4RM HIM.... OBOTE
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

Go su...ck on a lemon!
The point of the discussion is, was Nani's red card justified" .... That is the basis of the argument
Anything else is irrelvant!
Go and slam your head on a brick wall if you are mad about the red card!
Bet wetter
you are becoming very irritating and persistent.. For the records, Nani's red card wasn't justified in my own opinion. Even Mourinho knows this.. The referee was just too du.mb to see dat.. You don't take decisions dat will ruin a game of that magnitude.. Am sure the game was like 'an ant which sees sugar' in the eyes of the ref.. If it was nigeria dis kind of thing happend, am sure the ref wuld be lying critical in Igbobi Hospital at the moment
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BashMe1(m): 1:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
ashmanpolo: ‎: Lmao"@FootballFunnys: Had Howard Webb been the referee of last night's match, Arbeloa would have been sent off for chesting Nani's foot."

grin, OLOHUN
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by robonski15(m): 1:05pm On Mar 06, 2013
[color=#006600][/color] Lmao"@FootballFunnys: Had Howard Webb been the referee of last night's match, Arbeloa would have been sent off for chesting Nani's foot."[/quote]

My friend if u don't have what to say I guess u should shut your trap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United - (0 - 1) - Live / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 16th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0 ) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.