Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,161 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Should A Student Pay Tithe? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Student Pay Tithe? (12834 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Do I Need To Pay Tithe Form My Gamble Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Mintayo(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
tpacalipse: If tithe and offering are banned from churches, I wonder how many pastors will continue being pastors.

you have been misled,the true church of Jesus don't depend on tithe or offering but on Jesus,He will supply all our needs according to His riches in Glory,even His church!
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by StOla: 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2013
idnoble135:
Brother, God says u rob him if u dnt pay ur tithe, mal 3:8. And u say it is nt a sin nt tithe?

God SAID the Jews robbed him, especially Jews holding priestly offices. This was the era of the mosaic law. Is that too hard for brainwashed Christians to understand? Jesus has fulfilled the law and its burden passed away. We live under grace of a new covenant perfected by the once only sacrifice of the lamb of God. There's no profit in the law. Focus on your new testament for Christian guidance, and let the old testament remind you of the HISTORY of the burden of an imperfect law that constitutes Judaism.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Charlc:
What did Jesus ask the rich man to do? 'Go sell all you own. Give the money to the poor, then come and follow me' Mtt 19:21. Psalm 50:9-19 tells us that everything belongs to God and we are not in position to feed him. Isaiah 1:11-19 teaches us that God wants humble, repentant, loving and merciful hearts not sacrifice. Remember Matthew 25:35-40: 'I was hungry you fed me....Tithes will not earn you eternal life. New Testament is the fulfilment of the old testament. It's from the fools purse that the greedy pastors feed.
AND did i say that tithes will earn me eternal life?...why do you pple like to say what i didn't post..oya show me where i said that..did JESUS condemn tithing..show me anywhere in scripture where Jesus actually condemn tithing..then i promise you i will stop tithing.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Charlc:
What did Jesus ask the rich man to do? 'Go sell all you own. Give the money to the poor, then come and follow me' Mtt 19:21. Psalm 50:9-19 tells us that everything belongs to God and we are not in position to feed him. Isaiah 1:11-19 teaches us that God wants humble, repentant, loving and merciful hearts not sacrifice. Remember Matthew 25:35-40: 'I was hungry you fed me....Tithes will not earn you eternal life. New Testament is the fulfilment of the old testament. It's from the fools purse that the greedy pastors feed.
AND did i say that tithes will earn me eternal life?...why do you pple like to say what i didn't post..oya show me where i said that..did JESUS condemn tithing?..show me anywhere in scripture where Jesus actually condemn tithing..then i promise you i will stop tithing.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by moodswing(m): 9:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tithing is for those who believe what men say about God and not the word of God.

Let me ask most of you:

We are Christians because we live in the likeness of chriust's life on earth. How can you claim to be a Christian, when you still live according to the imperfect mosaic convenant.

Tithe should be criminalized by the Govt and these thieves in expensive suits sent to hell.

Only FOOLS pay this illegal 10% tax termed tithe. An average christian is not a believer neither do they know the word of God, but depends solely on what their pastor interpretes. Shame!, but may God have mercy on the ignorant.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
moodswing: Tithing is for those who believe what men say about God and not the word of God.

Let me ask most of you:

We are Christians because we live in the likeness of chriust's life on earth. How can you claim to be a Christian, when you still live according to the imperfect mosaic convenant.

Tithe should be criminalized by the Govt and these thieves in expensive suits sent to hell.

Only FOOLS pay this illegal 10% tax termed tithe. An average christian is not a believer neither do they know the word of God, but depends solely on what their pastor interpretes. Shame!, but may God have mercy on the ignorant.

100% to the bolded , not the hell part though, may God have mercy on them.

Tithing is robbery.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
I repeat and will keep repeating, we are not under the law but grace. The Tithe is abolished, only the greedy and fearful will keep defending this lie.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 9:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Mintayo:

tithe paying is not mosaic law!

If tithing is not mosaic law, then what is it? If you say it exists before the law with Abraham, then what law did he obeyed and when did such law became a tithing law for the church? Did Abraham paid tithe from his personal income or pagan war loots ?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
frosbel: I repeat and will keep repeating, we are not under the law but grace. The Tithe is abolished, only the greedy and fearful will keep defending this lie.
YOU KEEP HIDING UNDER THAT CLOAK..WE KNOW WE are in the dispensation of grace.Rules i know that christian are not required to follow are circumcision, slavery, diet, sacrifices, sabbath observance, ritual cleanness.
Christian still look to the old testament scripture FOR MORAL AND SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE(2 TIM 3:16-17).
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by StOla: 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2013
SimplYeahmee:

U̶̲̥̅̊ said U̶̲̥̅̊'ve searched d bible and U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't see Jesus paid tithe or asked his disciples to pay tithe.

What of whr he said render unto ceasar wat is ceasar's and to God wat is God.

Tithe is a biblical principle for those who believe in God. Many of U̶̲̥̅̊ claim to be christians bt only follow God in the sweet parts and forget the part whr U̶̲̥̅̊ av to put in ur effort.

Dude you just defeated your own arguement.

The encounter went thus: ...is it right to pay tax to the romans, so Jesus requested for the coin in use and asked, whose face is on it? Ceaser, he replied. Christ then said, give to Ceaser that which belongs to Ceaser and to give to God that which belongs to the God.

So how does the above text refer to tithing or an instruction to his disciples to tithe? Rather, it defeats the arguement that money is tithe-able, seeing that Christ regarded money as belonging to the governments of this world.

The law of Moses has got no accommodation in Christianity.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by blendz4real(m): 10:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances

So, pocket money and allowances are not given for specific purposes right?
Those who pay tithes grow poorer while those they pay to become richer.
Just do good with the blessings of the most high and he shall bless you the more!
Paying of tithe is a human idea and definition of the scripture.
I do not pay and won't give my hard earned money to someone who those not deserve it (pastor). In which case most of these pastors are even richer and more comfortable than the tithe payers.
Lord have mercy on us. Amen
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by StOla: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: AND did i say that tithes will earn me eternal life?...why do you pple like to say what i didn't post..oya show me where i said that..did JESUS condemn tithing..show me anywhere in scripture where Jesus actually condemn tithing..then i promise you i will stop tithing.

Bro, you keep asking the question that where in the gospel did Jesus condemn tithing.
I now answer, how could he condemn an act within the law when it was still valid seeing he was yet to establish the promised new covenant which himself will be the testator.

In another post you agree that sabbath, circumcision etc have no place in Christianity, and we all agree that is consequent on the mosaic law being now abolished with the advent of the new covenant. So why hold on to tithes that belonged to the law as inferred by the words of Christ (OTHER WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF THE LAW), and hebrews (under the law the levites received tithes of their brothers)?

If you cunningly answer that Abraham paid tithes before the institution of the law, then as Goshen360 equally asked earlier, how does that act of VOLUNTARY parting with a tenth of spoils of war constitute an obligation for latter-day Christians?

Keep in mind that the earliest records of fraudulent Christian tithing was A.D500s, thats over 500 years after the biblical apostles.

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by shamson: 10:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

The reason is men have refused to interpret scriptures with scriptures which amounts to God's way of 'literal' bible interpretation. I hope to do an intensive course\thread on bible interpretation if I have the time to. God's word doesn't contradict; it compliments. Genesis must agree with Matthew and Luke must agree with Revelation.

That is a big problem the bible have not been able to solve instead holy spirit within individual have always been to rescue to fill the gap and providing answers to double standard fact written in the bible
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by shamson: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

The reason is men have refused to interpret scriptures with scriptures which amounts to God's way of 'literal' bible interpretation. I hope to do an intensive course\thread on bible interpretation if I have the time to. God's word doesn't contradict; it compliments. Genesis must agree with Matthew and Luke must agree with Revelation.

That is a big problem the bible have not been able to solve instead holy spirit within individual have always been to the rescue to fill the gap and providing answers to double standard fact written in the bible
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
St.Ola:

Bro, you keep asking the question that where in the gospel did Jesus condemn tithing.
I now answer, how could he condemn an act within the law when it was still valid seeing he was yet to establish the promised new covenant which himself will be the testator.

In another post you agree that sabbath, circumcision etc have no place in Christianity, and we all agree that is consequent on the mosaic law being now abolished with the advent of the new covenant. So why hold on to tithes that belonged to the law as inferred by the words of Christ (OTHER WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF THE LAW), and hebrews (under the law the levites received tithes of their brothers)?

If you cunningly answer that Abraham paid tithes before the institution of the law, then as Goshen360 equally asked earlier, how does that act of VOLUNTARY parting with a tenth of spoils of war constitute an obligation for latter-day Christians?

Keep in mind that the earliest records of fraudulent Christian tithing was A.D500s, thats over 500 years after the biblical apostles.
And why should he?

Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 16:16-17). He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law (Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-42, 43-44, etc.).

Jesus and His disciples did not observe the strict Jewish rules against doing any work on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-14, Mark 2:23-28, 3:1-6, Luke 6:1-11, 13:10-17, 14:1-6, John 5:1-18).

In contrast to the "clean" and "unclean rules," Jesus said no food can defile a person. It is bad attitudes and actions that can make a person unholy (Matthew 15:1-20, Mark 7:1-23).
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: YOU KEEP HIDING UNDER THAT CLOAK..WE KNOW WE are in the dispensation of grace.Rules i know that christian are not required to follow are circumcision, slavery, diet, sacrifices, sabbath observance, ritual cleanness.
Christian still look to the old testament scripture FOR MORAL AND SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE(2 TIM 3:16-17).

So how come you discarded circumcision, slavery, diet, sacrifices, sabbath observance, ritual cleanness and brought ONLY the Almighty TITHE into the era of grace ?

How on earth does the tithe qualify as a new covenant law when we live in an era of grace.

Is it not rather weird that no apostles from Peter to Phillip ever, not once , not ever , mentioned the tithe ? Why was this teaching not a key part of the early church's teachings ?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Bidam: And why should he?

Jesus did not abolish the moral and ethical laws that had been in effect from the time of Moses (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 16:16-17). He affirmed and expanded upon those principles, but He said obedience must be from the heart (attitudes and intentions) rather than just technical observance of the letter of the law (Matthew 5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-42, 43-44, etc.).

Jesus and His disciples did not observe the strict Jewish rules against doing any work on the Sabbath (Matthew 12:1-14, Mark 2:23-28, 3:1-6, Luke 6:1-11, 13:10-17, 14:1-6, John 5:1-18).

In contrast to the "clean" and "unclean rules," Jesus said no food can defile a person. It is bad attitudes and actions that can make a person unholy (Matthew 15:1-20, Mark 7:1-23).

The sole reason why you and your cohorts love the tithe is because of the $$$$$$ attached to it, period.

You don't care what the institutional church does with your tithe , what matters is that you reap a bountiful harvest of more dollars x 1000 if possible. This is plain greed.

Also the tithe has produced guilt in a lot of young believers, this in itself is enough reason to know it is from Satan for we are not under any more condemnation due to the finished work of the cross.

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus " - Romans 1:8

We will not let Tithers bring the believers back under the law because of money.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
frosbel:

So how come you discarded circumcision, slavery, diet, sacrifices, sabbath observance, ritual cleanness and brought ONLY the Almighty TITHE into the era of grace ?

How on earth does the tithe qualify as a new covenant law when we live in an era of grace.

Is it not rather weird that no apostles from Peter to Phillip ever, not once , not ever , mentioned the tithe ? Why was this teaching not a key part of the early church's teachings ?

Jesus taught,

"For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone" (Matthew 23:23; Luke 11:42).

Paul taught,

"For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace,"...Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives. Even Levi, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham, so to speak, For he was still in the loins of his father when Melchizedek met him. Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law" (Hebrews 7:1-2,8-12).

Jesus NEVER condemned tithing Paul even went further to explain a spiritual principles on tithes, so what are you crying fowl for?
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
^^^^^

False.

Paul never ONCE talked about Tithe, if he did, show me .

Abraham tithed only war spoils and this he did ONCE.

Abraham never tithes his property or wealth, if he did show us chapter and verse.

Please don't let me call you a FRAUD, because it appears your livelihood depends on the tithe.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
idnoble135:
Brother, God says u rob him if u dnt pay ur tithe, mal 3:8. And u say it is nt a sin nt tithe?

what is the essence of paying tithe when you dont pay completely ?

what is the essence of paying tithe when you dont obey the 10 commandment ?

what is the essence of payment tithe when you pay just for people to see that you are paying ?

what is essence of paying tithe when your hands are not clean ?

what is the essence of payment tithe when you rob peter to pay paul ?
some people that work in government establishment collecting like 150,000k even go as far as collecting loan for one purpose or the other and at the end of the month if the balance of their salary is 30,000 , they will now pay tithe on that 30,000 instead of paying tithe on the actual salary of 150,000k and they will say God will understand

my brother do not be deceived , PAYING OF TITHE AND OFFERING IS VERY GOOD , BUT IF YOU ENGAGE IN ANY OF WHAT I POSTED ABOVE , THEN DO NOT TRY TO EVEN PAY TITHE AT ALL BECAUSE IF YOU DO , YOU ARE PAYING TO INVITE CURSE AND NOT BLESSING

PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING OF TIME AND STOP BEING A FOLLOW FOLLOW CHRISTIAN
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Zico0(m): 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360: ^^^
Take for instance, when scriptures says God created the world in 6 days. Some people teach otherwise that Gap exist but context tells us using the phrase, 'the evening and morning' is the first days....second day etc. Now, tell me, what Gap exist between evening and morning other than 24 hours time frame? The TRUE and TRUSTED interpretation is allow scriptures to interpret itself in context; anything other than that is falsehood. That's way to know the right interpretation sir.
there was no sun at that time so how could one determine a day. The sun appeared in the fourth day. Therefore one cannot say the lenght of 'morning and evening'. And then God says let there be light in the first verse but the sun was recorded in the fourth verse. How could there have been light without the sun.
My point is, one requires there own interpretation to get the scriptures, whether they call it divine interpretation or the holyspirit is there business.
I'm not saying these to contradict God's words rather i affirm his magnificience: it's is creation, it's how he wants us. He his beyond our imagination so lets leave what's not for us to know.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Jews Do Not Tithe Today

Thankfully, Jewish theologians know better than their Christian counterparts. They are well aware that only Levites have the right to receive tithe of the people. After all, the Jewish leaders have the Old Testament as their Scripture and that’s what it commands. And since there is no Temple in existence (and consequently no ordained Levites or Priests serving in a Temple), then a major factor in fulfilling the laws of tithing does not exist in our modern world.

In regard to this, it may be profitable to relate an event that happened to me over thirty–five years ago when I was just starting to study theology in college. A letter had been given to me for answering. It was from a woman who heard that modern Jews were not tithing. She wanted to know whether the information was true, and if so, why the Jews seemingly violated the plain laws of the Bible which spoke of tithing as a law to be obeyed?

Having read the letter, I began to share her concern. To resolve the matter I telephoned three rabbis in the Los Angeles area for their explanation. Much to my dismay, all three independently of each other informed me that no religious Jew should tithe today. I was startled at their replies. This appeared to be evidence that the Jews were so lax with their biblical interpretation that they were abandoning even the simple words of their own Scripture about the laws of tithing.

By the time I spoke with the last rabbi, my youthful indignation was beginning to emerge. But that rabbi then wisely began to show me my ignorance (not his) in the whole matter. First, he admitted that none of his congregation paid one penny of tithe that was demanded in the Old Testament. He then said: "If any member of my synagogue paid tithe in the scriptural manner, he would be disobeying the law of God—he would be sinning against God."

I was staggered by his answer. He went on to inform me that since the Bible demands that the tithe be paid to Levites, he said it would be wrong to pay it to anyone else. And further, because there is presently no official Levitical order of Priests ministering at a Temple in Jerusalem, this makes it illegal at this period to pay any biblical tithe. He went on to say, however, that the moment a Temple is rebuilt, with its altar in operation and with the priesthood officiating at that altar (and the Levites there to assist them), then every Jew who lives in the tithing zones mentioned in the Bible will be required to tithe according to the biblical commands.

This teaching was a revelation to me (as it may be to some of our readers), but the rabbi gave the proper biblical answers. To pay the biblical tithe at this time, without Levites and Priests in their regular ordained offices and doing service in the Temple, would be "sin" both to the giver and the receiver. The rabbi told me: "If we are to obey the law, we cannot pay tithe unless we pay it to the ones ordained by God to accept that tithe."

The rabbi explained that though he was the chief rabbi of his synagogue, he was not a Levite. He said he was descended from the tribe of Judah and was thereby not eligible to receive tithe. The same disqualification applied even to Christ Jesus while he was on earth since he was also reckoned as having come from the tribe of Judah. This same restriction was applicable to the activities of the apostle Peter (because he was as well from Judah) and it applied to the apostle Paul (because he was from the tribe of Benjamin). Neither Christ nor those apostles were Levites so they were all disqualified from receiving any part of the biblical tithe. It is just that simple.

And listen, if Christ, Peter and Paul did not use the biblical tithe for any of their work in teaching the Gospel, Christian ministers today should not use the biblical tithe either. The Jewish religious authorities are wise enough to read what the Word of God states about the tithe and, thankfully, they abide by it. But our Gentile preachers and priests care very little what the biblical texts actually state and go merrily on their way by devising their own laws of tithing which are different from those of the Bible.

The rabbi then gave me some information on the method that many Jews use today to secure adequate funds with which to operate their religious organizations. He went on to say that the activities of his synagogue were financially supported through the adoption of the "patron system" by its members. That is, families would buy seats in the synagogue for various prices each year. The rabbi mentioned that many of his congregation actually paid more than a tenth of their income to get better seats in the synagogue. This method for raising funds is perfectly proper (from the biblical point of view) if Jews wish to use it. This is because the money is paid to the synagogue and not to an ordained Levitical priesthood.

The final rabbi was correctly interpreting the teaching of the Holy Scripture. While many Christian ministers today teach that Christians may be in danger of missing salvation itself if they do not pay tithe to the church, Jewish rabbis know better than to say such a thing. They realize that it is biblically improper (actually, it is a blatant disobedience to the laws of the Bible) for anyone to pay or to receive the biblical tithe today. And any minister or ecclesiastical leader who uses the biblical tithe (or any one who pays to a minister the biblical tithe) is a sinner in the eyes of God.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Themaingate:

what is the essence of paying tithe when you dont pay completely ?

what is the essence of paying tithe when you dont obey the 10 commandment ?

what is the essence of payment tithe when you pay just for people to see that you are paying ?

what is essence of paying tithe when your hands are not clean ?

what is the essence of payment tithe when you rob peter to pay paul ?
some people that work in government establishment collecting like 150,000k even go as far as collecting loan for one purpose or the other and at the end of the month if the balance of their salary is 30,000 , they will now pay tithe on that 30,000 instead of paying tithe on the actual salary of 150,000k and they will say God will understand

my brother do not be deceived , PAYING OF TITHE AND OFFERING IS VERY GOOD , BUT IF YOU ENGAGE IN ANY OF WHAT I POSTED ABOVE , THEN DO NOT TRY TO EVEN PAY TITHE AT ALL BECAUSE IF YOU DO , YOU ARE PAYING TO INVITE CURSE AND NOT BLESSING

PRAY TO GOD TO GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING OF TIME AND STOP BEING A FOLLOW FOLLOW CHRISTIAN

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2013
Goshen360:

Trousers in History

In Asia both women and men have long worn pants for warmth, comfort, and convenience. In Rome and Greece women and men wore tunics.
In the fourth century, women in the Western world wore pants, which they adapted from the Persians. At that time, pants were considered unmanly.
By the Middle Ages in Europe women were wearing dresses and men were wearing breeches.
After the French Revolution, men took off their high heels, silk stockings, and wigs and began wearing trousers.
In the nineteenth century women put on trousers to ride horses, but they hid them by wearing full skirts on top.
All trousers were pull-ons until the nineteenth century, when front closures using buttons were introduced.
Jeans were the first trousers to put women and men on equal terms.
Until 1970 it was not fashionable and sometimes against the law for women to wear pants in offices, classrooms, and restaurants in the U.S.
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by 5alive(m): 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
mr.uwaifo:
Paying the tithe is a covenant practice for those interested in its benefits . Simple . Take it or leave it . No be by force .
As for me ,the benefits are REAL and TANGIBLE to the point that I intend paying tithe for my kids as soon as they are born.
The question of if a student should tithe is to me a lame excuse for someone who knows what best to do but seeks solace in popular opinion .

Do what you KNOW is right.

brainwashed old fool

1 Like

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by mrtrigger: 11:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Yes, if he is working
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by jude33084(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
Joagbaje:

Every worshipper of God ought to honor God with tithe. Wise parents even pay tithe on behalf of the little babies . So being a student doesn't make a difference . But you don't tithe on money given for specific purpose . Such as school fees or books. But you can tithe on pocket money and allowances

And pocket money isnt for specific purpose?

The law said "one tenth of your earnings" not gift or pocket money.

Earnings means what you work for as a worker now or Farmer( predominantly) then.

So if you work, Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ pay your tithe cool
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by trolling(m): 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
dem dey rob una for una "churches" dumb sheeple
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by jude33084(m): 12:12am On Mar 10, 2013
Bidam: And why should he?

Did jesus teach us about titheing or does any of his disciples stress the issue of titheing in the new testament? If No then why? smiley

When the rich ♏ãn ask Jesus how he could enter into His Kingdom, Our Lord Jesus told him to share his riches among the poor. Why didnt Jesus tell the man to keep his wealth and make sure he pays tithe? wink

Just questions no offence cool
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by kevoh(m): 12:15am On Mar 10, 2013
fubbyy: and you think success come by hard working alone?

What about the hard workers that are poor?
And you think people like Mark Zuckerberg, dangote et all became successful through paying tithes. Hard work man! As rich as those people are today they still work their behinds off.Heck, I know of a friend's uncle from Kogi state who is mega rich and into construction this man still works like there's no tomorrow.

Nigeria is a country where people pay tithes, organise fellowships during work hours instead of working, go to the ministries you will see them plenty no one wants to work at all they are all expecting a financial miracle of some sort and they expect the country to move forward without doing their jobs as expected.

Countries that are doing well got to their positions through hardwork e.g China

Hard workers might not necessarily be super rich but they all have a certain feeling of accomplishment. Christ worked hard to get his teachings across. Paul and other apostles did the same moving from one city to another.
The early missionaries to Nigeria, being selfless, left the comfort of their countries to bring this same christianity that most Pastors have polluted with their own prosperity teachings not for once did they ask for a Private jet or force the new converts to tithes. They built schools which were most times free and hospitals. Now that's hard work and selfless service to humanity.

I know your type only see christianity from the prosperity angle and I am not bothered one inch, I just pray you get to see the light soon enough.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by jude33084(m): 12:24am On Mar 10, 2013
kevoh:
And you think people like Mark Zuckerberg, dangote et all became successful through paying tithes. Hard work man! As rich as those people are today they still work their behinds off.Heck, I know of a friend's uncle from Kogi state who is mega rich and into construction this man still works like there's no tomorrow.

Nigeria is a country where people pay tithes, organise fellowships during work hours instead of working, go to the ministries you will see them plenty no one wants to work at all they are all expecting a financial miracle of some sort and they expect the country to move forward without doing their jobs as expected.

Countries that are doing well got to their positions through hardwork e.g China

Hard workers might not necessarily be super rich but they all have a certain feeling of accomplishment. Christ worked hard to get his teachings across. Paul and other apostles did the same moving from one city to another.
The early missionaries to Nigeria, being selfless, left the comfort of their countries to bring this same christianity that most Pastors have polluted with their own prosperity teachings not for once did they ask for a Private jet or force the new converts to tithes. They built schools which were most times free and hospitals. Now that's hard work and selfless service to humanity.

I know your type only see christianity from the prosperity angle and I am not bothered one inch, I just pray you get to see the light soon enough.

Bros wahala dεy for Naija o cheesy

What you just said make snse but alot of people here will go against it because it is not what their pastor said wink
Re: Should A Student Pay Tithe? by Yoti(m): 12:59am On Mar 10, 2013
I like it, dat is hw is suppose 2 be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2022 / The Bible Describes 'Jesus' As Black, So Why Do Our Churches Depict A White Man? / Actual Date Of Ileya Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.