Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? (8694 Views)

Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: she doesn't l, we should stop deceiving ourselves, will you obey if your boyfriend asks you to stop wearing weaves?
The answer is no
You call us man-bit.ch or stingy when we complain
Yes, i will. I permed my hair for the sake of convenience and because i liked the new look. My short hair need not be packed in a bunch like scaly fish. I don't use weaves because i feel uncomfortable in it. If my man complains, i will stop. He told me to stop fixing artificial nails and i did.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: Most Black Girls start getting Perms or Weaves Before they Even get their First Period.
Smh
You are right. I've seen a girl of 6 with permed hair.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
Show me the pic of a natural hair that looks neat, especially the short ones that can't be packed in a bunch
Jeez ,natural hair= dirty
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123: however not everyone can rock the natural hair look
You want to tell me that the hairs (in the pic) were not processed with chemicals at all.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
You want to tell me that the hairs (in the pic) were not processed with chemicals at all.
i dont know lol, im not a hair freak
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Jeez ,natural hair= dirty
Not dirty. Far from it. But it is usually 'scattered'- most of them are.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
Yes, i will. I permed my hair for the sake of convenience and because i liked the new look. My short hair need not be packed in a bunch like scaly fish. I don't use weaves because i feel uncomfortable in it. If my man complains, i will stop. He told me to stop fixing artificial nails and i did.
you are a rare specimen. Anyway, like said I'm trying to mind my business
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
i dont know lol, im not a hair freak
lol...ok o
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
What a Beautiful Conversation....However it is time for me to take a Nap

May The Fictional Fabricated Fairy God Bless My Immensely Immortal~ Beautiful Black Queens

The True Queens of the Earth.

~::::{{{Mwuaahhzzzz}}}::::~
♥♥♥♥♥♥ kiss
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: you are a rare specimen. Anyway, like said I'm trying to mind my business
Sure. I agree that most girls over-do it. It's not even healthy to use hair relaxer every two weeks or thereabout. Mine is once in three months.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
Sure. I agree that most girls over-do it. It's not even healthy to use hair relaxer every two weeks or thereabout. Mine is once in three months.
every two weeks ?? is that possible
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
self hate can drive some crazy cry grin grin
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: self hate can drive some crazy cry grin grin
wow......you would have no hair left ??
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

Slime, Combing your hair does more harm than good, to Common Negro Textures.

Why Must you people always deny the obvious just to fit into the Caucasoids Brainwashing.

If Combing your hair was Meant to Be, Then negroid Women would not complain about How much it hurts....

If Combing your Hair was Meant to Be, Then Negroid Women would not whine about headaches from coming Un-chemically Burnt Hair

If Combing your hair was Meant to Be, Then Negroid Women would not buy weaves and perm their hair to avoid pain and breakage.

...Using "Forefathers" as an Excuse to Justify Ignorant Logic Makes no sense

...our Forefathers did a lot of ignorant foolish backwards things.

The Fact Of the Matter is, Combing Certain Textures of Hair does more Damage than Good

If you can't even comb a texture unless it is Wet, then that's nature's way of telling you it should not be combed

If you Break Teeth off of Combs...then that's nature's way of telling you it should not be combed.

The Natural Balance and Body of Native African Negro Hair, Embodies the Direct Opposite of the Purpose of a "Comb".

The only reason why you comb your hair is because you think...as you say "Nappy"(your words) is bad hair.

Don't deceive yourself and try to claim "combing" your texture is "managing" it.

You know Damn Well when you comb your hair when IT IS NOT WET, half your damn hair gets stuck in the comb, or it breaks

Stop It.
tongue
I'd assume you are just being silly.
Why would anyone not want to comb their hair in this age and time except they are locking it?
We live in a consious environment now and your proposition is ridiculous at best.
Uncombed hair is unkempt hair and its neither neat nor attractive.
Some of the ingredients used in perming hair come from natural products so there's no crime in embracing products that make life easy for us.
If nappy hair were meant to be that way,these enhancing products won't be discovered in the first place.tongue
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
It is possible. My friend relaxes her hair as often as she can. There was a time she slept off with relaxer in her hair. She is the type that doesn't feel pains from relaxer.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
wow......you would have no hair left ??
There are weaves to replace hair
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
It is possible. My friend relaxes her hair as often as she can. There was a time she slept off with relaxer in her hair. She is the type that doesn't feel pains from relaxer.
does she have hair left ?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
There are weaves to replace hair
this is too much for me
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
does she have hair left ?
lol...she lost the whole front part. She wore weaves for months till she gained the lost hair back.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
lol...she lost the whole front part. She wore weaves for months till she gained the lost hair back.
and yet she still continues to relax ?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: she doesn't l, we should stop deceiving ourselves, will you obey if your boyfriend asks you to stop wearing weaves?
The answer is no
You call us man-bit.ch or stingy when we complain
You mean the boyfriend that asks me to stop wearing weaves and then go on to admire and desire women on weaves?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
and yet she still continues to relax ?
My dear, life goes on. Same applies to girls that keep piercing their ears even after series of injuries.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
What if men start wearing weaves? Will you like it?

Anyway ladies if we liked straight we would marry white girls in mass. So drop the weaves.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:

Only a few can rock natural hair and look that good.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: You mean the boyfriend that asks me to stop wearing weaves and then go on to admire and desire women on weaves?
if he asks you to stop wearing it that means he doesn't like It and won't admire ladies on weaves common sense.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: Only a few can rock natural hair and look that good.
says who?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: What if men start wearing weaves? Will you like it?

Anyway ladies if we liked straight we would marry white girls in mass. So drop the weaves.
If you wear weaves and it looks good on you,who is to complain?

Stop the hypocrisy and we'd drop weaves.tongue
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: What if men start wearing weaves? Will you like it?

Let them wear if they want to. Do you like braids as opposed to weaves?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:22pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: if he asks you to stop wearing it that means he doesn't like It and won't admire ladies on weaves common sense.
the men I know say that stuff to prevent their women from being attractive to other men.Its insecurity.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 2:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: All My Female Cousins on my Ma Side....I can always recall them being yelled at by my aunts for "Not Combing their nappy asss hair"

In those exact words

by my ignorant aunts

You tell a child his hair is "nappy" and "bad" from the ages of 1-13.....that infects the child's emotional root

But Of Course, we don't put any blame on black mothers...only Black Men

Despite the fact, it's the black mother who starts the cycle of self hate from the age of 2 years old.

Smh
Bam! i hate to say it but mothers are the start of this... my mom (lightskinned, daddy good tastes grin ) used to straight up make fun of dark skin women. Is it any surprise i like mixed chicks?

Black women practically control the cycle of self hate.

Im not gunna pretend im an angel, cuz its borderline hyprocritical for me to even speak on this. But when black women start loving themselves black men will follow.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 2:26pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: says who?
C'mon!
Its hardly rocket science.Look around you.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: If you wear weaves and it looks good on you,who is to complain?

Stop the hypocrisy and we'd drop weaves.tongue
grin grin
i'm not hypocrite, i don't like weaves, weaves stink and turn me off
drop it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikwerre Music / Would You Obey Tradition And Allow Your Wife Appear Like This On Your TM Day 18+ / Kanuri People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.