Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? (8698 Views)

Why Do Igbos Especially The Anambrans Marry From Their Tribe? / Why Are Black Women Considered Unattractive? / Non-verbal communication that is considered offensive to Nigerians....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: 49ers......

yeah
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
pleep: Don't get me wrong ma'am, i fully understand why you do it. I just think the excuses are silly. Just admit that you think straight hair looks better, no biggie
The excuses are not silly they are genuine.
Long nappy hair is difficult to maintain.Had my hair shaved sometime last year because i wasnted to grow it from scratch and get all natural.By the time it was two inches long,the headaches that came with combing it was not something to look forward to.No one had to tell me to get it relaxed before my head falls off.
You might not understand but please don't call our reasons silly excuses.
Even those that don't use relaxers get it stretched with a straightner and the effects is usually not lasting.undecided
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by free2ryhme: 1:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: ^----- undecided

#AntiSkinBleach

#IHateFakeLightskinPeople

if u hate fake light skinned people :Pthen there must be original light skinned people undecided undecided what now happens to natural light skinned people grin grin
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: The excuses are not silly they are genuine.
Long nappy hair is difficult to maintain.Had my hair shaved sometime last year because i wasnted to grow it from scratch and get all natural.By the time it was two inches long,the headaches that came with combing it was not something to look forward to.No one had to tell me to get it relaxed before my head falls off.
You might not understand but please don't call our reasons silly excuses.
Even those that don't use relaxers get it stretched with a straightner and the effects is usually not lasting.undecided

LmL@Long Nappy Hair is Difficult to Maintain.

You got headaches because your mentality is that of a Brainwashed Being.

Negro Women should not be combing their hair in the First Place

A Comb is nothing more than an Instrument to Recreate the Fabricated Fallacious Deceptive Image of "Straight Hair"

One Could Theoretically Argue the Self Hating Principals Behind Using a Comb is of no different origin than using a Perm

#ImJussSaying

Sorry About Your Headaches Slime.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
free2ryhme:

if u hate fake light skinned people :Pthen there must be original light skinned people undecided undecided what now happens to natural light skinned people grin grin

?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
A Comb to a Negro Woman is nothing more than a Device to Create a Fictional Portrait.

Same Rooted Self Hate, Same Rooted Programming, When Broken down to it's purest form.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: they don't exist anymore or don't go out/clubbing like this ain't our fault.
Could you please tell us why it is justifiable?
So your great grandparents were ugly? undecided undecided
why would they exist when no one pays them any attention?The weaves and permed hair obviously attract y'all so its just hypocritical to condemn the same thing you find attractive.
Who called anyone ugly.Those kinda hair ae beautiful but not widely accepted or appreciated in this age and time like it used to be so what the fault in adopting what appears to be more comfortable and appreciated? undecided
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
Black Women don't wear Perms or Weave to Attract Black Men

Black Women wear Weaves and Perm their hair to "Fit in" and be accepted by women of other races.

Turn on any Daytime Talk Show With Black Women In Europe or America and You Will See a Panel of European,Asian,Latin Women with a Black Woman sitting at the end of the desk wearing synthetic hair to look like "Them"

It has nothing to do with Black Men

Black Men would sleep with Black Women If They Were Bald Headed...

......Excuse me..No Pun.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: why would they exist when no one pays them any attention?The weaves and permed hair obviously attract y'all so its just hypocritical to condemn the same thing you find attractive.
NO, you cannot pawn that crap on us. As seen in the responses to this thread, black women wear weaves for themselves not for us.

Dont play both sides, yall do this because of your own issues.

https://www.nairaland.com/997200/men-what-think-weaves
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by pleep(m): 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2013
kandiikane: All these men here complaining because the weave is chopping their money.

Ha! tongue

Anyway, women don't weave for men. They do it for themselves.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

LmL@Long Nappy Hair is Difficult to Maintain.

You got headaches because your mentality is that of a Brainwashed Being.

Negro Women should not be combing their hair in the First Place

A Comb is nothing more than an Instrument to Recreate the Fabricated Fallacious Deceptive Image of "Straight Hair"

One Could Theoretically Argue the Self Hating Principals Behind Using a Comb is of no different origin than using a Perm

#ImJussSaying

Sorry About Your Headaches Slime.

lmao @black women chould not be combing their hair in the first place.undecided
that defined by who?
You do know what an uncombed hair is going to look like...don't you?
Even our forefather had combs(African combs) before the slavetraders came so its nothing close to brainwashed mentality.
Hair grooming and the crafting of
ceremonial or art objects made for (and
from) hair was an integral part of family and
spiritual life in thriving villages of African indigenes.
Nappy hair was never supposed to be left uncombed or uncared for
Btw,its "slim" NOT "slime"

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2013
^ there is no African tradition.

In my tradition women were bald and men had braids.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2013
I don't wear weaves but i use relaxers on my hair. There should be moderation. Even makeups should be light (including jewelries). I braid a lot but i do not condemn girls that use weaves. As for bleaching "bleachers", too bad. grin
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: lmao @black women chould not be combing their hair in the first place.undecided
that defined by who?
You do know what an uncombed hair is going to look like...don't you?
Nappy hair was never supposed to be left uncombed or uncared for

Slime, Combing your hair does more harm than good, to Common Negro Textures.

Why Must you people always deny the obvious just to fit into the Caucasoids Brainwashing.

If Combing your hair was Meant to Be, Then negroid Women would not complain about How much it hurts....

If Combing your Hair was Meant to Be, Then Negroid Women would not whine about headaches from coming Un-chemically Burnt Hair

If Combing your hair was Meant to Be, Then Negroid Women would not buy weaves and perm their hair to avoid pain and breakage.

...Using "Forefathers" as an Excuse to Justify Ignorant Logic Makes no sense

...our Forefathers did a lot of ignorant foolish backwards things.

The Fact Of the Matter is, Combing Certain Textures of Hair does more Damage than Good

If you can't even comb a texture unless it is Wet, then that's nature's way of telling you it should not be combed

If you Break Teeth off of Combs...then that's nature's way of telling you it should not be combed.

The Natural Balance and Body of Native African Negro Hair, Embodies the Direct Opposite of the Purpose of a "Comb".

The only reason why you comb your hair is because you think...as you say "Nappy"(your words) is bad hair.

Don't deceive yourself and try to claim "combing" your texture is "managing" it.

You know Damn Well when you comb your hair when IT IS NOT WET, half your damn hair gets stuck in the comb, or it breaks

Stop It.
tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: do you bleach?
no
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
^^ You summarize it .
I like Josh Freeman( without the perms) and Aldon smith hairstyle.

Question to women what if we men start wearing weaves ?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
no
don't
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't
lol okay cheesy
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by slimyem: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2013
pleep: NO, you cannot pawn that crap on us. As seen in the responses to this thread, black women wear weaves for themselves not for us.

Dont play both sides, yall do this because of your own issues.

https://www.nairaland.com/997200/men-what-think-weaves
Duh!!
The responses on that thread are hypocritical typical of Nigerians.
I ask again when last did YOU appreciate,woo or chat up a woman looking like this?

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
I Love Black Women With Natural Hair. cool

The Weave does not really make her better or worse Imo Though
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
slimyem: Duh!!
The responses on that thread are hypocritical typical of Nigerians.
I ask again when last did YOU appreciate,woo or chat up a woman looking like this?
OMMGGGGG
but not all natural hair looks like that
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Slimyem has a point. You guys also played a part in this whole ish. Girls with natural un-permed hairs are usually found unattractive. How many of your girlfriends do not perm their hair or use weaves?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta: Slimyem has a point. You guys also played a part in this whole ish. Girls with natural un-permed hairs are usually found unattractive. How many of your girlfriends do not perm their hair or use weaves?
*gives an e-shake*
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
adaobi123:
OMMGGGGG
but not all natural hair looks like that
Show me the pic of a natural hair that looks neat, especially the short ones that can't be packed in a bunch
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/black%20natural%20hair

^^ they are beautiful.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta: Slimyem has a point. You guys also played a part in this whole ish. Girls with natural un-permed hairs are usually found unattractive. How many of your girlfriends do not perm their hair or use weaves?

Blame the black mothers and not the future boyfriends who have not even arrived in the young ladies life until after she has already had her hair permed 73 times by the age of 12.

I have a Question, Do we Blame Black Mothers for Anything?
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
All My Female Cousins on my Ma Side....I can always recall them being yelled at by my aunts for "Not Combing their nappy asss hair"

In those exact words

by my ignorant aunts

You tell a child his hair is "nappy" and "bad" from the ages of 1-13.....that infects the child's emotional root

But Of Course, we don't put any blame on black mothers...only Black Men

Despite the fact, it's the black mother who starts the cycle of self hate from the age of 2 years old.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
she doesn't l, we should stop deceiving ourselves, will you obey if your boyfriend asks you to stop wearing weaves?
The answer is no
You call us man-bit.ch or stingy when we complain
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Caracta(f): 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII:

Blame the black mothers and not the future boyfriends who have not even arrived in the young ladies life until after she has already had her hair permed 73 times by the age of 12.

I have a Question, Do we Blame Black Mothers for Anything?
I do not blame them. They lived in their own time and their husbands appreciated them even with the local tattoos and natural hair. But this is not 1883, this is 2013. Things have changed. It's a new generation of new minds and different ideas.
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 24, 2013
Most Black Girls start getting Perms or Weaves Before they Even get their First Period.

Smh
Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
Caracta:
Show me the pic of a natural hair that looks neat, especially the short ones that can't be packed in a bunch

Re: Why Is Bleaching Considered Especially Bad? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2013
however not everyone can rock the natural hair look

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ikwerre Music / Kanuri People / Would You Obey Tradition And Allow Your Wife Appear Like This On Your TM Day 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.