Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,186 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret (25404 Views)

Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / US Expresses Concern Over Renewed Fighting After Emergency Rule: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by vislabraye(m): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2013
If GEJ is smart, he would avoid making controversial decisions. No matter how much we want to argue in his defense, there's a moral issue with his action.
Sometimes, I don't seem to understand him. His decisions always lead to criticism.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Kizzo147: 8:11am On Mar 16, 2013
Mr GEJ is already planning his 2015 presidential election race and our guy needs money so he wants to chop their money(square voice). Bayelsa man know werin he dey do.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by jaymdee(m): 8:12am On Mar 16, 2013
Richy.:

OK Man let us look at it this way. someone came to your house, and you welcomed him with an opened arms in your household. one day, you made a decision in your house, instead of telling you that the decision you made in your house hold was not good in private, he went on radio to announce to the world that your decision was not cool. was that the right thing to do?

some years back,When they were following saddam hussein that he had weapons of mass destruction and all what not and eventually he was killed and nothing was found. how many countries in the world registered their displeasure over that. who brought BUSH or whoever that made the decision for questioning for misleading the world. it is high time they relax alittle and let countries make their mistakes and learn from it. If Pontius Pilate in the Bible could pardon a robber and hang Jesus..., I do not have much to say.

I'm surprised at your comparison. So you mean if you found that that your host has a plot to kill you, you'll whisper to him privately? I'm sure you know that corruption is a softer side of mass killing. The US Embassy made a right move. And for the notice of NL, the FG has summoned the Deputy Consulate for questioning over the comment. I think this is a wrong move because the U.S will stand by its words.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Solozzo(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2013
It's all about tribalism and support of corruption by GEJ. Alams disgraced Nigeria aboad, was massively corrupt. The events that followed gave GEJ a chance to be governor when Alams was impeached. To compensate bayelsa state, OBJ tipped jona for VP. He now bites the finger that fed him. Shame

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by esperiense(m): 9:05am On Mar 16, 2013
The murder he committed while preventing your weak Ojukwu from committing a treasonable felony
biafran soul:
leave him out ke? Mbanu, imagine pardoning a murderer and traitor and no one raised an eyebrow and they are here making noise about the state pardon given a useful and repented thief.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ouagadougou(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Surprised? Not in the least. After all, the 'government' of the day is littered with thieves and fraudsters.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Mospring(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2013
Thief Alams! is GEJ. real clientelle Patent network; i.e his political god father!::: he is so much @brink to grant him such state pardon, using oders like Diya n co. as yardsticks!......issssshhh!: its al gud sire GEJ..
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by coogar: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2013
texazzpete:

Shame on you @coogar, @billyonaire et al that cannot see the forest for the trees. I should have thought you were made of better stuff than this.

No surprises at @Dede1's position. This bitter, mean old man will never be happy to see anything good come to Nigeria.

For everyone else, the only way out is to vote out these scum in 2015, lest the unholy triumvirate of Alams, Anenih and Tukur join forces to destroy Nigeria for your kids.

you are getting hypersensitive about this issue.
none of us here would dispute what you have said about alams. he's a scumbag, he's a contumacious kleptomaniac and you can add any other vocab that fits a thief into this sentence.

i agree with all that but........he was convicted. he spent years in prison, all the proceeds of crime have been taken from him. he has been punished for his offence. you seem to have forgotten that! he spent about 2 yrs in prison already, i don't think pardoning him is unusual. state pardons are actually for people like him. i cannot disagree with him being pardoned!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Desola(f): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2013
Spirit1: I weep for my country. Until we are able to stand up and say enough is enough, this madness will continue in Nigeria, where corrupt politicians will plunder our national wealth and destroy the future of our Children.
Nigerians, why do we watch while our country is a laughing stock in the international community. Tell me which country, business entity or investor that will take Nigeria serious after this shame brought to us by Goodluck Jonathan.
This is the time for us to stand up for our right. This is our "Arab Spring" moment. Let every Nigerian who loves this country stand up and post here, post on twitter, post on Facebook and demand that President Goodluck rescind this shameful act. Carry placards on the streets and say enough is enough!!!
Goodluck just enshrined corruption in our identity and validated the fact that it is ok to plunder the treasures of this country.

Do not think that this will not affect you. The world is a global village and the investment opportunity, the loss of National pride, the harassment in foreign airports and the maltreatment of Nigerians abroad will affect you one way or the other. The refusal of visas to study abroad, for business or for healthcare, because we are viewed as corrupt will affect you. The fact that degrees and government documents issued in Nigeria are potentially fake, will affect you. Who can forget the case of this criminal that Goodluck still calls his "boss". It made world news, it brought insult to us all, we were ridiculed and now a pardon? If we do nothing, then we are saying this is ok. This is our country and we have to take over our destiny.
This is a slap on our faces. Nigerians, if you love this country this is the time to stand up and say enough is enough. Call on Jonathan to reserve this decision within a week or we will take to the streets and "reverse" his Presidency. Please post and repost and repost and repost.
Do not ignore this clarion call. I weep today for my country, for the blood of our heroes and for the future of our children.

Honestly, this brought tears to my eyes. I deeply weep for this country.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Desola(f): 10:21am On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:

none of us here would dispute what you have said about alams. he's a scumbag, he's a contumacious kleptomaniac and you can add any other vocab that fits a thief into this sentence.

i agree with all that but........he was convicted. he spent years in prison, all the proceeds of crime have been taken from him. he has been punished for his offence. you seem to have forgotten that! he spent about 2 yrs in prison already, i don't think pardoning him is unusual. state pardons are actually for people like him. i cannot disagree with him being pardoned!

I never thought this could come from you - EVER!!!

Nigerians have lost their morals!

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by coogar: 10:25am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:
I never thought this could come from you - EVER!!!

Nigerians have lost their morals!

i don't understand this - what is the effect of the pardon or the lack of pardon in the grand scheme of things? alams was sentenced, he served time in prison and all his properties in the uk/usa have been taken from him.

what else do you want? his blood?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Desola(f): 10:45am On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:

i don't understand this - what is the effect of the pardon or the lack of pardon in the grand scheme of things? alams was sentenced, he served time in prison and all his properties in the uk/usa have been taken from him.

what else do you want? his blood?

I must be mistaking you for someone else who shares a similar username.

I know of another coogar who had common sense and integrity to boot. You are clearly not that coogar so I apologise for my error.

Carry on.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Pukkah: 11:05am On Mar 16, 2013
basisop: They should leave GEJ alone abeg. Were more than 80% of the then governors not corrupt? What's happening to thr cases? Some are even in the National Assembly.
I was made to understand that he was promised a state pardon if he accepts being guilty. So, what's the noise all about?

Read over what you wrote again and again and see if it can move the country forward.

Honestly, it appears that the problem with the citizens is worse than that with the bad leaders.

It's becoming tiring.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by plendil: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2013
Spirit1: I weep for my country. Until we are able to stand up and say enough is enough, this madness will continue in Nigeria, where corrupt politicians will plunder our national wealth and destroy the future of our Children.
Nigerians, why do we watch while our country is a laughing stock in the international community. Tell me which country, business entity or investor that will take Nigeria serious after this shame brought to us by Goodluck Jonathan.
This is the time for us to stand up for our right. This is our "Arab Spring" moment. Let every Nigerian who loves this country stand up and post here, post on twitter, post on Facebook and demand that President Goodluck rescind this shameful act. Carry placards on the streets and say enough is enough!!!
Goodluck just enshrined corruption in our identity and validated the fact that it is ok to plunder the treasures of this country.

Do not think that this will not affect you. The world is a global village and the investment opportunity, the loss of National pride, the harassment in foreign airports and the maltreatment of Nigerians abroad will affect you one way or the other. The refusal of visas to study abroad, for business or for healthcare, because we are viewed as corrupt will affect you. The fact that degrees and government documents issued in Nigeria are potentially fake, will affect you. Who can forget the case of this criminal that Goodluck still calls his "boss". It made world news, it brought insult to us all, we were ridiculed and now a pardon? If we do nothing, then we are saying this is ok. This is our country and we have to take over our destiny.
This is a slap on our faces. Nigerians, if you love this country this is the time to stand up and say enough is enough. Call on Jonathan to reserve this decision within a week or we will take to the streets and "reverse" his Presidency. Please post and repost and repost and repost.
Do not ignore this clarion call. I weep today for my country, for the blood of our heroes and for the future of our children.

Very pathetic indeed. cry
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Vires: 11:22am On Mar 16, 2013
@ coogar

He never face his trial in UK oooo

Yes we want his blood, In China they would have beheaded him by now
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by plendil: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
O Nigeria!

Lemme get this straight: our anger is with the US is that they had the temerity to question our unfaltering zeal to cement our position as the most corrupt, morally putrid, insufferable nation in the universe?? Remarkable!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by amobii: 11:43am On Mar 16, 2013
Well for those of you supporting GEJ on his decision to pardon ALAMs, i know your conscience would be telling you each time you support this decision, either US comment or not everyone know that in a country where your major problem is corruption and Mr. President pledge to tackle corruption and all we see now is a state pardon for corrupt governor that ran away from UK and was also convicted here in Nigeria. Fresh air or rotten air
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
Agbalagbi2013: President goodluck jonathan,when is james ibori, anini,moñday osunbo and sunday adenusi getting their state pardon? Pls dont keep us waiting
before 2015 when he would need the votes of their people
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2013
Pukkah:

Read over what you wrote again and again and see if it can move the country forward.

Honestly, it appears that the problem with the citizens is worse than that with the bad leaders.

It's becoming tiring.
no mind the hediot,he is a very big fooool
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 12:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:

in that case all the petty criminals in our prisons who were pushed into crime by the actions of alamesiyha and co should also be pardon by GEJ,you reason with your anus,gbenu sohun jo
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 12:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
jaymdee:

I'm surprised at your comparison. So you mean if you found that that your host has a plot to kill you, you'll whisper to him privately? I'm sure you know that corruption is a softer side of mass killing. The US Embassy made a right move. And for the notice of NL, the FG has summoned the Deputy Consulate for questioning over the comment. I think this is a wrong move because the U.S will stand by its words.
na wetin dem go do US?nothing
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 12:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
Policewoman: Was Awolowo not an ex-convict who was convicted because he instigated crisis in the west in 1963? He was later pardoned by Gowon, so why una come dey make noise?
you are the biggest foool in the whole universe and there would never be another foool like you again,you hatred for Awolowo and his people made you so blind not to know the difference between why Awo and alameisiyha were jailed,I would advice you to go back to your history teacher and find out,oponu ode agbaya
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by 2goodbobo(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
My concern in all of these is that come 2015, some folks here that are complaining about Goodluck will still vote for him. Smh

GEJ is not just the Man that can lead us to the promise land. He lacks the political will to rule Nigeria.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by 7lives: 4:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
kingoflag: My man, shut the f-cuk up, u ignorant, dirty and bitter old man. How many people pardoned have ever stolen funds meant for the American people?! U try that u will die in prison! The Rep.William Jefferson associated with Atiku--- $100,000 was his sin and he got disgraced and got a 13yr Federal prison sentence. The former mayor of East Cleveland, an Igbo man, Emmanuel Onwuwor, probably had your mentality--- his crime was less than $50,000 and he was blessed with a 9year Federal Prison sentence; today is homeless, living in a friend's basement apartment, and looking for a job.

Now, tell me again, what was the madness u was spewing up there again? F*uck.ing criminal minded soul.

Our people have become so used to corruption or should i say evil, we lived it, we enjoyed it, we basked and glorified ourselves in it.
May the good Lord have mercy on our people.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:
i fail to see how pardoning or not pardoning prisoners would curb the menace of boko haram. nigerians chase the mouse and leave the bigger threat! what we should all focus on are the things that would uplift the common man on the street not wasting energy and resources in debating whether alams should be freed or should be in prison! i don't care about alams - as a prisoner or as a free man........there are more important issues!

I never mention anything about Boko Haram in my comment, Sir . . . Infact, i tried to stay off any topic that has to do with boko haram cos i cover my face in shame to know that, this is happening in Nigeria in the day and age and yet our government has not been able to find a way to tackle it.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ibkgab001: 4:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
The man @ d top has a big problem I wish I can talk sense into his ear one on one #enogobetterforEFCC
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
kayjegs: Alams' pardon is wrong. We know our politicians are corrupt but how many of them has been jailed? In his own case, he was nailed by foreign authorities to our shame. For that alone, he should be left as he is, at least he is no longer in jail, why the pardon? And for those that keep on accusing US Govt about their comments, can you pls give just one example of a corrupt officer who took public funds of the citizens and was pardoned by the US president? Dont bother referring me to google, just tell us here. If anything is bad, let us say it is bad and not being sentimental about issues.

To pave way for how to return him into some kinda power . . . Useless cycle!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
kingoflag: My man, shut the f-cuk up, u ignorant, dirty and bitter old man. How many people pardoned have ever stolen funds meant for the American people?! U try that u will die in prison! The Rep.William Jefferson associated with Atiku--- $100,000 was his sin and he got disgraced and got a 13yr Federal prison sentence. The former mayor of East Cleveland, an Igbo man, Emmanuel Onwuwor, probably had your mentality--- his crime was less than $50,000 and he was blessed with a 9year Federal Prison sentence; today is homeless, living in a friend's basement apartment, and looking for a job.

Now, tell me again, what was the madness u was spewing up there again? F*uck.ing criminal minded soul.

While his partner in crime is still doing all he could to rule same nation where the money was from . . . shame on us jare.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by coogar: 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
Vires: @ coogar
He never face his trial in UK oooo
Yes we want his blood, In China they would have beheaded him by now

the brits can't be bothered again, they won't spend taxpayer's money to prosecute him cos they have repossessed and sold all his properties already......

IYA NGBALI: in that case all the petty criminals in our prisons who were pushed into crime by the actions of alamesiyha and co should also be pardon by GEJ,you reason with your anus,gbenu sohun jo

and how do you reason? you have the intelligence lower than that of a pubic louse. state pardons are not for saints, they are for criminals. go and educate yourself about what amnesty is all about! even pontius pilate had one of jesus and barabas up for amnesty!

Fhemmmy:
I never mention anything about Boko Haram in my comment, Sir . . . Infact, i tried to stay off any topic that has to do with boko haram cos i cover my face in shame to know that, this is happening in Nigeria in the day and age and yet our government has not been able to find a way to tackle it.

what i don't get is - are nigerians annoyed about the concept of amnesty or they are annoyed amnesty was given to the wrong man? every country does this. america in particular have given it out in leaps and bounds. 459 under bill clinton, 16 under obama!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 5:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
coogar:
what i don't get is - are nigerians annoyed about the concept of amnesty or they are annoyed amnesty was given to the wrong man? every country does this. america in particular have given it out in leaps and bounds. 459 under bill clinton, 16 under obama!

It is about the man that it was given to . . . there is nothing wrong in pardoning.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by 7lives: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
free13:

A very good point. An ex-convict is an ex-convict.

If Awolowo had been a man in the mold of Alams, southwest will not be where it is today, i am disappointed at the way some people reason, what Alarms stole was enough to build a modern Bayelsa. How much did Awolowo, Donald Duke and Fasholas of this country have, but they made up their minds to engrave their names on the sands of time, which is the heart of their people, hence they were condemned to perform.
The selfishness of the likes of Alarms in the Niger delta is what is probably responsible for the situation of things in that region while the selflessness of the likes of Awolowo was the reason why southwest can not be ignored in this country, it is by the same reason that responsible fathers are better than irresponsible ones, IT IS CALLED SELFLESSNESS, IT IS NOT ABOUT TODAY, IT IS A QUESTION OF FUTURE, WHY SHOULD A LEADER CONDEMN HIS PEOPLE TO BACKWARDNESS, 300 YEARS OF SLAVERY AND A 100 YEARS OF COLONIZATION IS A RESULT OF SELFISHNESS. AFRICA, NIGERIA, BLACK MAN IS LAGGING BEHIND TODAY BECAUSE OF THE SELFISHNESS OF OUR ANCESTORS, WHO HUNT THEIR WEAK BROTHERS DOWN,AND LINED THEM UP IN CHAINS IN EXCHANGE FOR MIRRORS, UMBRELLAS,HOT DRINKS AND MONKEY JACKETS.
I expect the people of Bayelsa to say no to this rape that's being perpetuated on them, unfortunately they are all paying mute.
Now the joke is on them, they should maintain their stupid silence and stop whining about the north, or west drinking their oil 'cause these regions are not their enemies, the enemies are household enemies, enough said.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by kinguwem: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2013
Most people commenting on this issue are ignorant of what a presidential pardon is. Most comments are based on sentiments. Though nigerians are bothered about the fight against corruption, the following facts must be noted. In 2008 George Bush granted pardons to 14 persons including persons involved in drug trafficking, bank embezzlement, tax evasion & theft of government property.
It's only an ex-convict that needs a presidential pardon if he shows remorse & has shown signs of repentence. In the US, the President's power to pardon is absolute & cannot be overruled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan / Photos Of Men And Women Arrested In Calabar / Yoruba Elders Disown Igboho Over Secession: 'We’ve Invested So Much In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.