Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret (25406 Views)

Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / US Expresses Concern Over Renewed Fighting After Emergency Rule: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by bakila: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

Should we then be freeing the one governor that we caught or catching the 36 that have eluded us?
Fifteen billion likes. You head. Is there.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
With the way some Nigerians reason, they do deserve an idiotic president like jonathan

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Soon one of these unsubstantiated reports will hit front page.

Unsubstantiated my bvtts...FYI, Its on Washingtonpost as well

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/in-rare-criticism-us-says-it-is-disappointed-by-nigerias-pardon-of-corrupt-official/2013/03/15/5f1e9be8-8d5f-11e2-adca-74ab31da3399_story.html
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by mhm(m): 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
chei, FG just gave US embassy a warning to stop criticizing it. crazy sturves
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
GEJ is hostile to Nigeria progress and democracy, saying this without no regret, GEJ/PDP govt has no fecundity to Nigeria as a country and Nigerians as people, This govt is conformable to the very powers that is destroying this country (power of looting, selfishness, greed, barbaric act, and evil) GEJ sail to sink the very ship of this country by empowering gruesome act and supporting corruption will cause anarchy in this country if he and is proxy manipulate 2015 election.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by polosky: 9:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
[quote author=biafran soul]
leave him out ke? Mbanu, imagine pardoning a murderer and traitor and no one raised an eyebrow and they are here making noise about the state pardon given a useful and repented thief. Him murder ur papa?......& the repented thief na one of una now. 'birds of same feather.........
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Edeze(m): 9:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
USEMBASSEY was wrong in their action b/c dy interfered in an internal affair... Secondly am confused koz i dn't knw who is corrupt btwn d so calld leaders and d EFCC... am sure dat sme victims hav been able to pay back their loots, where re dy or what has d loots been used for...!!!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by toluene12: 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:

they should keep their foreign aid
actually, that aid has done more harm than good. the aid goes directly to the purse of megalomaniacs, dictators and corrupt politicians. foreign aid sponsors boko haram. which of the beggars or motherless baby homes have received foreign aid in your neighbourhood. america tell us they have sent $500m to africa but 90% of it are siphoned to buy arms for militias, rebels and co to kill more people and cause mayhem in the continent. they can fûck off with their aid!
I'm not sure 3.4 million nigerians receiving free anti retroviral drugs treatment courtesy of PEPFAR will support your statement.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Policewoman(f): 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
idupaul:

What has Awolowo got to do with this? Pls leave him out
Was Awolowo not an ex-convict who was convicted because he instigated crisis in the west in 1963? He was later pardoned by Gowon, so why una come dey make noise?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by otokx(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
He who fights and runs away surely is alive to fight another day. IBORI should come fast for his own presidential pardon.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
Policewoman: Was Awolowo not an ex-convict who was convicted because he instigated crisis in the west in 1963? He was later pardoned by Gowon, so why una come dey make noise?

Did Awolowo steal millions of dollar meant for the people , Did Awolowo jump bail in the UK fleeing to Naija dressed up as a woman .. Abeg there are convicts and there are convicts.. Park well jare

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Agimor(m): 10:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pataki: Sorry but our idiotic president doesn't give a damn, and neither has no apology to proffer.

Regret all you want US Government, you were part of the institution that certified this drunk doofus as the President of Nigeria.
Guy take an easy na.you quarrel with an before.moreover na person papa you dey attribute all these names to so.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by onyoluikechukwu: 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
grin abeg una don 4get say na zoology our oga @ d top study 4 skool? so aw him go cum tink well nw
n dat okuupe pikin dey do wetin him oga @ d top tell am to do . him na zombie
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Gbenge77(m): 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
Its a sad day for Nigeria,andf All hands should be on deck to chase the otueke crook to the creeks in 2015
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by kubelan(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Nigeria we hail thee[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by AnanseK(m): 11:00pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Please note that we share similar feelings and pains here. But that does not mean that we are the 53rd State in the United States of America. We are not America's colony. That's my point. If the comment came from UN I will say its in order. We must learn always to let other nations know that we are not their boys. I am smarter than an average American I dont know about you, so I do not want a yankee telling me how to flush my toilet, I will do it when I fucking feel like.

Except that the average ijaw man does not have a toilet. And will not have one if people like Alamesiegha are not seen as what they are. Crooks tyrants and cheats who steal public funds and impoverish their followers.by the way when did you acquire your own flushable toilet and actually Learnt how to flush it?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by free13: 11:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
Policewoman: Was Awolowo not an ex-convict who was convicted because he instigated crisis in the west in 1963? He was later pardoned by Gowon, so why una come dey make noise?

A very good point. An ex-convict is an ex-convict.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by emmatok(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2013

Just shut-it, so pardoning AWO is a justification for pardoning ALAM.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

Just shut-it, so pardoning AWO is a justification for pardoning ALAM.

Don't mind the silly flea of a Policewoman
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by 1009ja: 12:11am On Mar 16, 2013
If this is GEJ's breath of fresh air he promised in 2011,I will take the stench of the cow slaughter house instead. Corruption and corrupt leaders are holding this country down.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Eziachi: 12:11am On Mar 16, 2013
taharqa: LOL..d US Govt shld be d last govt to 'condemn' anoda country's use of d instrument of pardon to 'forgive' criminals; their record of such pardons, even for persons with worst crimes than Thief Alams, is less than ideal for such pontificatn. Besides, I doubt d US Embassy wud be dumb enuf to 'condemn' a host country's internal decision from a TWITTER account........all dese is without prejudice to d very condemnable act of d granting Pardon to Thief Alams though..
So you are copying the U.S or trying to beat their record of pardoning criminals? Even if Jonathan is walking about with waste on his clothes, I am you call it the latest fashion trend.
Jonathan has always been the biggest opponent of his own government through his unexplainable actions. Tell me why pardoning this guys is on top of his worries? Its crazy! Talk about shooting yourself on the foot all the time.
Even if it's someone's idea, he doesn't need to be a genius to vote it instantly, because it can only be bad news and a stain to his own credibility.
Anyway, what doe s it matter, when did Nigerians and their rulers ever care about credibility- a foreign word in their dictionary.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by taharqa: 12:23am On Mar 16, 2013
Eziachi:
So you are copying the U.S or trying to beat their record of pardoning criminals? Even if Jonathan is walking about with waste on his clothes, I am you call it the latest fashion trend.
Hello, did u by any chance look at d title of d topic b4 rushing to comment. Let me help: it says d US of A purportd 'expresses regret' ova a Presidential pardon grantd to a criminal in anoda country. Coming from d US, dat is HYPOCRISY of d highest kind. Their own record of such use of 'indiscriminate' Presidential pardon DWARFS wateva GEJ or any oda Nigerian president hv done, regardless of wateva way one what to look at it.... Dis point isn't mutuali exclusive of d rightness or otherwise of dis particular GEJ's decision
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Spirit1(m): 12:26am On Mar 16, 2013
I weep for my country. Until we are able to stand up and say enough is enough, this madness will continue in Nigeria, where corrupt politicians will plunder our national wealth and destroy the future of our Children.
Nigerians, why do we watch while our country is a laughing stock in the international community. Tell me which country, business entity or investor that will take Nigeria serious after this shame brought to us by Goodluck Jonathan.
This is the time for us to stand up for our right. This is our "Arab Spring" moment. Let every Nigerian who loves this country stand up and post here, post on twitter, post on Facebook and demand that President Goodluck rescind this shameful act. Carry placards on the streets and say enough is enough!!!
Goodluck just enshrined corruption in our identity and validated the fact that it is ok to plunder the treasures of this country.

Do not think that this will not affect you. The world is a global village and the investment opportunity, the loss of National pride, the harassment in foreign airports and the maltreatment of Nigerians abroad will affect you one way or the other. The refusal of visas to study abroad, for business or for healthcare, because we are viewed as corrupt will affect you. The fact that degrees and government documents issued in Nigeria are potentially fake, will affect you. Who can forget the case of this criminal that Goodluck still calls his "boss". It made world news, it brought insult to us all, we were ridiculed and now a pardon? If we do nothing, then we are saying this is ok. This is our country and we have to take over our destiny.
This is a slap on our faces. Nigerians, if you love this country this is the time to stand up and say enough is enough. Call on Jonathan to reserve this decision within a week or we will take to the streets and "reverse" his Presidency. Please post and repost and repost and repost.
Do not ignore this clarion call. I weep today for my country, for the blood of our heroes and for the future of our children.

4 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by taharqa: 12:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Eziachi:
Jonathan has always been the biggest opponent of his own government through his unexplainable actions. Tell me why pardoning this guys is on top of his worries? Its crazy! Talk about shooting yourself on the foot all the time.
Even if it's someone's idea, he doesn't need to be a genius to vote it instantly, because it can only be bad news and a stain to his own credibility

Anyway, what doe s it matter, when did Nigerians and their rulers ever care about credibility- a foreign word in their dictionary.
Good questn. Wish I knew d answer myself.....
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Emade(m): 3:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Wat is der problem[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 16, 2013
nikky5: I pray for a military intervention. I pray for what happened in Ghana to happen here in Nigeria.I pray for the death of all corrupt public office holders and their families.We are tired of praying for this nation.The more we pray the more they steal and bastardize our country.This govt is very corrupt.Let the military come back.
Amen!

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by AnanseK(m): 6:22am On Mar 16, 2013
toluene12:
I'm not sure 3.4 million nigerians receiving free anti retroviral drugs treatment courtesy of PEPFAR will support your statement.

Thank you very much Sir and the corrupt Nigerian government has no serious plans of taking over the management of these long term care persons or indeed putting more on treatment.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by jude33084(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2013
otokx: He who fights and runs away surely is alive to fight another day. IBORI should come fast for his own presidential pardon.

Sorry mate Ibori's case is out of your oga at the top hand. wink
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by jude33084(m): 7:08am On Mar 16, 2013
kingoflag: Amen!

I support τhis your Amen with a 1000 likes wink

The military should come back for just a yr and cleans the nation from these corrupt leaders.

One corrupt civilian president has dwarfted the sins of ALL the corrupt military heads of state in the past. angry

angry angry
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by texazzpete(m): 7:09am On Mar 16, 2013
Reading some of these comments, I am filled with a deep level of disgust at the utter lack of common sense exhibited by some folks here.

Alams is a thief. A brutal, EVIL, remorseless thief. Unlike many other thieves in Nigeria, he oversaw a marginalized, underdeveloped state which had not seen enough in the way of development commensurate with the large amounts of Oil and Gas extracted from the land. To address this gap, more money was pumped into Alams state...reportedly nearly more in a month that what a state like Kwara gets in nearly a full year.
What did Alams do? He stole much of that money. At least N50 billion, probably more. In moral terms, this is as odious as stealing food meant for Motherless babies or an orphanage home proprietress stealing food and clothes from poor orphans. In short, Alams is the worst kind of crook out there. To drive the Great Betrayal home, this is a man who enjoys being called the 'Governor-General of the Ijaw Nation'. The 'leader' of the Ijaw nation turned out to be a thief.

It's bad enough Nigeria, in a policy of appeasement, did not throw the book at this rogue. He got off pretty lightly, and i doubt any meaningful portion of that loot was ever recovered. Now GEJ has given him a 'pardon'. I expect eevry right thinking Nigerian to condemn this.

I cannot understand how anyone from the SOuth South can support this decision. Is it more important that your kinsman walks free because 'IBB and Atiku are free' or that the person responsible for helping keep TENS OF THOUSANDS of your kinsmen in poverty and despair be punished?

Shame on you @coogar, @billyonaire et al that cannot see the forest for the trees. I should have thought you were made of better stuff than this.
No surprises at @Dede1's position. This bitter, mean old man will never be happy to see anything good come to Nigeria.

For everyone else, the only way out is to vote out these scum in 2015, lest the unholy triumvirate of Alams, Anenih and Tukur join forces to destroy Nigeria for your kids.

8 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by kabba7(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2013
This is a very sad stage of Nigeria history that government begins to grant felons pardon Abacha will never do this but come to think of it did Jonathan really had a phd ? Was on his facebook page last night someone wrote GEJ is corrupt friendly quite unfortunate !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests / Yoruba Elders Disown Igboho Over Secession: 'We’ve Invested So Much In Nigeria' / Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.