Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret (25399 Views)

Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / US Expresses Concern Over Renewed Fighting After Emergency Rule: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by gistyinka(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
Great People Great Nation
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Ak47bullet: 2:51pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mudley313: when far more corrupt awunsa guys like IBB are walking free, we from the SS hail this pardon, whatever any hater thinks
Thank you. Is pardon meant for saints? Yes he erred, and he has been pardoned. That's all. If they want us to pardon Obama for his covert plans and policies against Naija, they should come
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by OAM4J: 2:54pm On Mar 15, 2013
obowunmi: Nigerians deserve the leaders that they get. grin grin grin

I agree with you, except that I cant laugh over it, it's really sad. That a good number of educated Nigerians see nothing wrong with or just too ethnocentric blind to this action is really sad and shameful.

I still hope that real genuine change will come one day to this Nation, afterall it is my country.

4 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by AnanseK(m): 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dee60: Jona may have stepped on banana peels. Okupe and co are waiting to help him pack his luggage, before jumping on the next train. 'Any government in power' boys will finish this regime.

Immoral , irresponsible , ineffective clueless Jonathan thinks that to remain in office all you need is shameless basstards who talk down on us with nauseating crap to justify incompetence , impunity and ignominious tribalism.all for a fee! Bloody prostitutes and rent boys - Okupe and Abati.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by BashMe1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

True talk, but Nigerians are not exactly dancing Azonto on the streets congratulating GEJ on his decision. On the contrary, it is a very unpopular decision, and the USA knows this. There was no national interest, but personal interest. It is when your house is in disorder that you give outsiders the right to talk about your matter.

Thank You Professor, tell that Eedeeoot to shut it.

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
PehaKaso:
Do u also approve & accept their prediction of Nigeria breaking up come 2015?

Anybody can predict anything, that doesn't make it a fait accompli.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
gistyinka: Great People Great Nation

At a point people almost took that phrase serious. Then came the YarAdua illness comedy.

Since then, they have turned Aso Rock into a comedy series titled 'The Jonathans'.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by 7lives: 3:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: First of all, I see no reason why US Government should actually have a voice in what's going on in any sovereign country, it is none of their Business. They should learn from China and stay off Nigeria's decision. We respected their Gay rights as pertains their decision to let a man kolombo another man and a woman finger another woman, we didnt interfere. Should any country chose to pardon their Lucifer, then its for our national interest. Whether I love my President or not, is my business and not that of Obamaland.

I share your sentiment brother but you know what?, Alams na thief o, do you realize how much this guy has stolen?, in a sane country Alams will get a life sentence or more.
Americans will complain because this was how we became a debtor nation before this country managed to come out of it through debt forgiveness.
Nigeria is on the march again, history is about to repeat it self. Imagine if every known thief is given a state pardon, what kind of message are we sending to the youths?.
Have you been to our prisons to see people who are serving heavy sentences for light offenses?. There is no difference between a pen robber and an armed robber, a thief is a thief.

5 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 3:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
gistyinka: Great People Great Nation

It was actually Good People, Great Nation...what a joke it sounds like now.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2013
7lives:

I share your sentiment brother but you know what?, Alams na thief o, do you realize how much this guy has stolen?, in a sane country Alams will get a life sentence or more.
Americans will complain because this was how we became a debtor nation before this country managed to come out of it through debt forgiveness.
Nigeria is on the march again, history is about to repeat it self. Imagine if every known thief is given a state pardon, what kind of message are we sending to the youths?.
Have you been to our prisons to see people who are serving heavy sentences for light offenses?. There is no difference between a pen robber and an armed robber, a thief is a thief.
Please note that we share similar feelings and pains here. But that does not mean that we are the 53rd State in the United States of America. We are not America's colony. That's my point. If the comment came from UN I will say its in order. We must learn always to let other nations know that we are not their boys. I am smarter than an average American I dont know about you, so I do not want a yankee telling me how to flush my toilet, I will do it when I fucking feel like.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
OAM4J:

I agree with you, except that I cant laugh over it, it's really sad. That a good number of educated Nigerians see nothing wrong with or just too ethnocentric blind to this action is really sad and shameful.

I still hope that real genuine change will come one day to this Nation, afterall it is my country.

It is really pathetic! Many who support Jona now do so either because they are ignorant or because they've allowed their ethnic bias to becloud their sense of reason. What I know for sure is that nothing last forever, Jona will leave government one day and we'll all be left to 'enjoy' Nigeria they way they've made it to be.

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 3:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
7lives:

The highlighted is the most shameful thing. My father told me how his father pulled his ears when he was joining the civil service warning him not to bring the family to shame by stealing government money. We have lost it, and instead of finding our way back, we are wandering deeper into the forest where nothing but total destruction lies.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Deleahmed: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
They should leave GEJ alone abeg. Were more than 80% of the then governors not corrupt? What's happening to thr cases? Some are even in the National Assembly.
I was made to understand that he was promised a state pardon if he accepts being guilty. So, what's the noise all about?

U get sense.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Aksally(m): 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
Oga@TheTop:
cool

I still dey vex with u ooh for this id. Na wetin hapen for APC matter b dat. Abi?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2013
Jona just shot himself in the foot. More weapon for opposition, am sure they'll milk this misjugdement of GEJ for all its worth.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
of all of Nigeria's problems, of all of Nigeria's citizens languishing in prison cells for years without trial,Ebere Jonathan chooses to pardon his former "[size=13pt]OGA AT THE TOP. . . . . DAZZALL[/size]"
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by plendil: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
I really like to know the reason for the pardon in the first place.

Because I just cannot for the life of me understand why he had to make this decision at this time.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
How will Nigeria improve when it has an idiot as president?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by cyril83(m): 3:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
taharqa: LOL..d US Govt shld be d last govt to 'condemn' anoda country's use of d instrument of pardon to 'forgive' criminals; their record of such pardons, even for persons with worst crimes than Thief Alams, is less than ideal for such pontificatn. Besides, I doubt d US Embassy wud be dumb enuf to 'condemn' a host country's internal decision from a TWITTER account........all dese is without prejudice to d very condemnable act of d granting Pardon to Thief Alams though..
You are not making sense.

Damn! see reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 3:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
plendil: I really like to know the reason for the pardon in the first place.

Because I just cannot for the life of me understand why he had to make this decision at this time.

The pardon was because Alams is remorseful and told GEJ personally. And its ok because it is GEJs personal money that he stole. Do you understand now?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Sweetapple007(f): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Please note that we share similar feelings and pains here. But that does not mean that we are the 53rd State in the United States of America. We are not America's colony. That's my point. If the comment came from UN I will say its in order. We must learn always to let other nations know that we are not their boys. I am smarter than an average American I dont know about you, so I do not want a yankee telling me how to flush my toilet, I will do it when I fucking feel like.
if u ar truelly smarter what hav u invented?.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by cyril83(m): 3:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
plendil: I really like to know the reason for the pardon in the first place.

Very simple.

The reason for the pardon is to make alams have access to government appointment! The next plan on the line is to announce him as a director of port authority or any post.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 3:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sweetapple007: if u ar truelly smarter what hav u invented?.

Help me ask am ooo? I for one see no intelligence in a person that thrives on blood chilling hypocrisy .. Hypocrisy is no mark of intelligence
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by andyanders: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
I still wonder the kind decision GEJ takes and to relate his iq and his academic doctor as ascribed on him.
No right thinking president will act the way he did knowing fully well that Alamisegha was convicted of stealing and not coup. Unless GEJ was involved and wanted to exonerate him so as not to open any unknown allegation against him. Still thinking why?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sweetapple007: if u ar truelly smarter what hav u invented?.
I invented how to spell.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by metti(m): 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
shocked shocked
Pataki: Sorry but our idiotic president doesn't give a damn, and neither has no apology to proffer.

Regret all you want US Government, you were part of the institution that certified this drunk doofus as the President of Nigeria.

If US Government certify him does it mean they should bear the brunt for his incompetence and lack of political will to curb corruption?
If that is your take then most Nigerians are equally guilty because they voted for him.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Sweetapple007(f): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
idupaul:

Help me ask am ooo? I for one see no intelligence in a person that thrives on blood chilling hypocrisy .. Hypocrisy is no mark of intelligence
i agree wit u.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by cyril83(m): 3:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Please note that we share similar feelings and pains here. But that does not mean that we are the 53rd State in the United States of America. We are not America's colony. That's my point. If the comment came from UN I will say its in order. We must learn always to let other nations know that we are not their boys. I am smarter than an average American I dont know about you, so I do not want a yankee telling me how to flush my toilet, I will do it when I fucking feel like.
A reasonable reader reading this poo of urs would not only spit on you but daze you a hard punch.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by andyanders: 3:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
cyril83: Very simple.

The reason for the pardon is to make alams have access to government appointment! The next plan on the line is to announce him as a director of port authority or any post.

He will get to Port Authority and continue from where Bode George stopped.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Sweetapple007(f): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: I invented how to spell.
funny! that mean u re pointless.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by metti(m): 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
tongue tongue
ifeduba1988: USA should kiss my as*s you got no right to meddle in Nigeria internal affair

They are the police of the world!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2013

The average American would not support a pardon for a government thief by his former subordinate (now President). I guess since you support such, your are waaayyyy smarter than them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Splashes N75 Million To Drag Me Down - Senator Dino Melaye Says / Amaechi Responds To Justice Ngwuta's Allegations / Buhari Belongs To Northerners, South-west Regrets Voting For Him - Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.