Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret (25402 Views)

Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / US Expresses Concern Over Renewed Fighting After Emergency Rule: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
taharqa: LOL..d US Govt shld be d last govt to 'condemn' anoda country's use of d instrument of pardon to 'forgive' criminals; their record of such pardons, even for persons with worst crimes than Thief Alams, is less than ideal for such pontificatn. Besides, I doubt d US Embassy wud be dumb enuf to 'condemn' a host country's internal decision from a TWITTER account........all dese is without prejudice to d very condemnable act of d granting Pardon to Thief Alams though..
I wanted to brand you an employee of GEJ, but your last statement made me backtrack. * eyes are watching you, sincere9igerian n co.* #watching, not #stalking, mind you.
I must say howerever that I am ashamed 'for' GEJ, since he has no shame
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by IYANGBALI: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
7lives:

I share your sentiment brother but you know what?, Alams na thief o, do you realize how much this guy has stolen?, in a sane country Alams will get a life sentence or more.
Americans will complain because this was how we became a debtor nation before this country managed to come out of it through debt forgiveness.
Nigeria is on the march again, history is about to repeat it self. Imagine if every known thief is given a state pardon, what kind of message are we sending to the youths?.
Have you been to our prisons to see people who are serving heavy sentences for light offenses?. There is no difference between a pen robber and an armed robber, a thief is a thief.
God bless you,a pen robber is even worse than an armed robber,in the sense that an armed robber robs just few people while a pen robber robs the whole country and generations unborn,the 2 are bad though

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by WaleLeemson: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
presidential pardon my ass. GEJ is the most corrupt president Nigeria has ever have.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 4:29pm On Mar 15, 2013
Richy.:
If you go further into this twitting thing, you might discover that it was a nobody or a common worker in us embassy that twitted. there is an avenue an embassy can present their displeasure over a government decision. surely not on twitter. but we have a government were nobody ask question. the culture where some one that claims he's from US sneezes, the rest of Africa will catch cold. sad

It has been confirmed that a cleaner in the embassy sent the tweet from his techno fone .. Are U ok now?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by omenka(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dede1: US Embassy should shut the hell up. American presidents have pardoned politicians who duped their constituencies. Why should Nigerian pardon be anything difference?

Would you mind educating us more by naming some names sir? Olodo 01
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
This is how you know that this man has nothing else to offer a nation, i think the procedure of pardoning should be put on hold under his watch . . .
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by theplanmaker: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Soon one of these unsubstantiated reports will hit front page.
am waiting to hear u defend ur master
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by omenka(m): 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
Elose11: Why is the US govt. always meddling in other nation's internal affairs? How our president uses his constitutionally granted power of prerogative of mercy should not be the concern of the US govt. After all we don't interfere with how Obama uses his.

When they donate all manner of aids and grants to the country, that isn't meddlesome. Why is this diferent?

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dede1: US Embassy should shut the hell up. American presidents have pardoned politicians who duped their constituencies. Why should Nigerian pardon be anything difference?

So you mean you are in support of what GEJ has done?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Elose11: Why is the US govt. always meddling in other nation's internal affairs? How our president uses his constitutionally granted power of prerogative of mercy should not be the concern of the US govt. After all we don't interfere with how Obama uses his.

Interesting you see it that way, so why do Nigerian govt collect aids from them, besides, the people's reaction shows they are not happy with it, so could it be revoked?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by omenka(m): 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: Amnesty and State Pardon are political reunification instruments. If the society was perfect, there would have been no such word like State pardon and Amnesty. Amnesty and State Pardon are not meant for priests, lawful or the patriots. Amnesty just like State Pardon was meant to reunite criminals, lawless, felons, rebels and thieves to the fold. If Alam was such criminal, a lawless, felon, rebel and thief then I see no reason its a misnorm. I will rather say the US Embassy is acting in ignorance of sovereignty of state of Nigeria. There is Penalty against any Embassy who dares to interfere in our sovereign ideals.

I hope someday u live to see some dumb niggaz ride a train on ur daughter just as these politicians have been relentlessly doing this old lady called Nigeria, and then u wld champion the course of granting them pardon. Do I hear an amen??
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Agbalagbi2013: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
President goodluck jonathan,when is james ibori, anini,moñday osunbo and sunday adenusi getting their state pardon? Pls dont keep us waiting
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Agbalagbi2013: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2013
President goodluck jonathan,when is james ibori, anini,moñday osunbo and sunday oyenusi getting their state pardon? Pls dont keep us waiting
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2013
Agbalagbi2013: President goodluck jonathan,when is james ibori, anini,moñday osunbo and sunday oyenusi getting their state pardon? Pls dont keep us waiting

True that
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by coogar: 4:52pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:
Interesting you see it that way, so why do Nigerian govt collect aids from them, besides, the people's reaction shows they are not happy with it, so could it be revoked?

they should keep their foreign aid
actually, that aid has done more harm than good. the aid goes directly to the purse of megalomaniacs, dictators and corrupt politicians. foreign aid sponsors boko haram. which of the beggars or motherless baby homes have received foreign aid in your neighbourhood. america tell us they have sent $500m to africa but 90% of it are siphoned to buy arms for militias, rebels and co to kill more people and cause mayhem in the continent. they can fûck off with their aid!
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:

actually, that aid has done more harm than good. the aid goes directly to the purse of megalomaniacs, dictators and corrupt politicians. foreign aid sponsors boko haram. which of the beggars or motherless baby homes have received foreign aid in your neighbourhood. america tell us they have sent $500m to africa but 90% of it are siphoned to buy arms for militias, rebels and co to kill more people and cause mayhem in the continent. they can fûck off with their aid!

Now they realize that and said they were saddened that the govt is not doing enuf to curb such, you think they shd shut up?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by informatix: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
Pataki: Sorry but our idiotic president doesn't give a damn, and neither has no apology to proffer.

Regret all you want US Government, you were part of the institution that certified this drunk doofus as the President of Nigeria.
i dont blame u but those that like ur comment. Charity begins @home.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by pipeewa(m): 5:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nigeria we hail thee. Intl thieves are being pardoned. Local thieves are killed even when what they stole is insignificant. Let our president kukuma pardon all prisoners now. So we can justify his state pardon. Any reasonable person knows the truth yet we fail to follow. Feel like crying its as if this is an injustice done to me personally
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Now they realize that and said they were saddened that the govt is not doing enuf to curb such, you think they shd shut up?

No mind all these 75k a month paid fingers of Okupe and dem contradiction
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Remii(m): 5:10pm On Mar 15, 2013
We Vote GEJ Not PDP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by coogar: 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

they should stop giving them the aid. once the aid stops, there would be no money to buy ammunitions to arm militia. how do you think joseph kony is funding his toy soldiers in the bush? foreign aid!!!! africa can survive without the aid.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by skyp(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
Sometimees ago someone said GEJ does not have what it takes to govern a local govt and I was defending him but this action just confirm to me that he actually deos not have what it take to even be a local govt councillor. I regret the day I casted my vote for this man, I rather vote an Hausa come 2015
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Sharrks: 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2013
You seem to me as a personality whose character has a very strong semblance to that of the enfant terrible Alame,no wonder you've failed to see reasons from sane minds point of view.You also seems to me as a character in delusion, and soon heading for perdition
coogar:

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
skyp: Sometimees ago someone said GEJ does not have what it takes to govern a local govt and I was defending him but this action just confirm to me that he actually deos not have what it take to even be a local govt councillor. I regret the day I casted my vote for this man, I should ve rather voted an Hausa come 2015

For the first time I risked myself to go to polling booth just to support and vote this GEJ.. But I know better now GEJ cannot successfully lead a dozen fleas to find a dog to live in
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Sharrks: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
Can you please substantiate your claim or you are just making derogatory statement
coogar:

they should stop giving them the aid. once the aid stops, there would be no money to buy ammunitions to arm militia. how do you think joseph kony is funding his toy soldiers in the bush? foreign aid!!!! africa can survive without the aid.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
My man, shut the f-cuk up, u ignorant, dirty and bitter old man. How many people pardoned have ever stolen funds meant for the American people?! U try that u will die in prison! The Rep.William Jefferson associated with Atiku--- $100,000 was his sin and he got disgraced and got a 13yr Federal prison sentence. The former mayor of East Cleveland, an Igbo man, Emmanuel Onwuwor, probably had your mentality--- his crime was less than $50,000 and he was blessed with a 9year Federal Prison sentence; today is homeless, living in a friend's basement apartment, and looking for a job.

Now, tell me again, what was the madness u was spewing up there again? F*uck.ing criminal minded soul.

4 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
coogar:

I am in support of aids to Nigeria being put on hold, however, that is not a reason for GEJ to be giving pardon to all that does not deserve it.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Richy4(m): 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
omenka:

Would you mind educating us more by naming some names sir? Olodo 01

OK Man let us look at it this way. someone came to your house, and you welcomed him with an opened arms in your household. one day, you made a decision in your house, instead of telling you that the decision you made in your house hold was not good in private, he went on radio to announce to the world that your decision was not cool. was that the right thing to do?

some years back,When they were following saddam hussein that he had weapons of mass destruction and all what not and eventually he was killed and nothing was found. how many countries in the world registered their displeasure over that. who brought BUSH or whoever that made the decision for questioning for misleading the world. it is high time they relax alittle and let countries make their mistakes and learn from it. If Pontius Pilate in the Bible could pardon a robber and hang Jesus..., I do not have much to say.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
Richy.:

OK Man let us look at it this way. someone came to your house, and you welcomed him with an opened arms in your household. one day, you made a decision in your house, instead of telling you that the decision you made in your house hold was not good in private, he went on radio to announce to the world that your decision was not cool. was that the right thing to do?

some years back,When they were following saddam hussein that he had weapons of mass destruction and all what not and eventually he was killed and nothing was found. how many countries in the world registered their displeasure over that. who brought BUSH or whoever that made the decision for questioning for misleading the world. it is high time they relax alittle and let countries make their mistakes and learn from it. If Pontius Pilate in the Bible could pardon a robber and hang Jesus..., I do not have much to say.

How has all these in tune with pardoning someone that stole a state to stupor . . . read more about this man that has just been pardoned and compare it to what you were saying up there . . .

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 15, 2013
Mudley313: when far more corrupt awunsa guys like IBB are walking free, we from the SS hail this pardon, whatever any hater thinks
Has anybody in your lineage ever counted $200million?

Just so you know, $200m is nothing to Alams and co... and that's money that belongs to idiots like urself that think it's ur destiny to be in poverty while others deserve to fly around in Private Jets.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Fhemmmy: 5:42pm On Mar 15, 2013
kingoflag: Has anybody in your lineage ever counted $200million?

Just so you know, $200m is nothing to Alams and co... and that's money that belongs to idiots like urself that think it's ur destiny to be in poverty while others deserve to fly around in Private Jets.

Na real wa oh . . . This is what i called the sons and daughters of the king begging for crumbs . . . Pathetically sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yoruba Elders Disown Igboho Over Secession: 'We’ve Invested So Much In Nigeria' / Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / President Buhari Sings Merry Christmas Song With Osinbajo And Oshiomhole (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.