Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret (25405 Views)

Okocha Expresses Fear Over Who Swears In Wike / Oshiomhole Expresses Shock As Soldiers Block INEC Officials / US Expresses Concern Over Renewed Fighting After Emergency Rule: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Dede1(m): 2:07pm On Mar 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

For every corrupt politician that got away in the U.S there are probably one thousand of his Nigerian counterpart that not only got away but also rewarded with a chieftaincy title or even got a presidential pardon. Somebody will have to pay for this recklessness and it is people like you Dede.

I am a constructive thinker and do not dwell on the petty stuffs. Whether thousands of Nigerian who are counterparts of USA’s politicians got way free or imprisoned is pertinently irrelevance. The fact remains acts of pardons are prerogatives of the executioner.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:09pm On Mar 15, 2013
Every right thinking person knows that Alams did not deserve a state pardon. Atleast not for now.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Burger01(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2013
Naija is a 'funny' country and with 'funny' presidential administration...
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by devour129: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2013
obowunmi: Nigerians deserve the leaders that they get. grin grin grin
its so sad
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
I would like to think this is a move by the US government to make GEJ and his goons 'react'?
*Tsk Tsk* Let's see what the G-unit have to say in response.
This could set things in motion.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Dee60: 2:18pm On Mar 15, 2013
Jona may have stepped on banana peels. Okupe and co are waiting to help him pack his luggage, before jumping on the next train. 'Any government in power' boys will finish this regime.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by BashMe1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
ifeduba1988: USA should kiss my as*s you got no right to meddle in Nigeria internal affair

[size=20pt]Somebody like u will neva' have sense.... as if u knew quater of what they (USA) know about d country u live in. MTSCHEW[/size]

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by velo10: 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2013
Legalising corruption
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Damidolly: 2:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
I dnt knw wats reli wrong wit Mr President
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by BashMe1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 15, 2013
velo10: Legalising corruption

ONLY IN NAIJA
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Elose11(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2013
Why is the US govt. always meddling in other nation's internal affairs? How our president uses his constitutionally granted power of prerogative of mercy should not be the concern of the US govt. After all we don't interfere with how Obama uses his.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Mcfemad(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Nigeria is becoming a failed state especially with the kind of 'Oga we have at the top'.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by BashMe1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
Elose11: Why is the US govt. always meddling in other nation's internal affairs? How our president uses his constitutionally granted power of prerogative of mercy should not be the concern of the US govt. After all we don't interfere with how Obama uses his.

Shy not away from the truth.... They simply said the truth... OLOSHE11, reason na
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2013
idupaul:

It clear that he lack the brain matter to even govern a dozen fleas
Rodflmao

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by duddexeng(m): 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2013
Giant of corrupt and thiefs leaders. Next to be granted pardon is Bode bcoz, GEJ will still come and tell us Bode is vital to naija politice. Watch out!

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
First of all, I see no reason why US Government should actually have a voice in what's going on in any sovereign country, it is none of their Business. They should learn from China and stay off Nigeria's decision. We respected their Gay rights as pertains their decision to let a man kolombo another man and a woman finger another woman, we didnt interfere. Should any country chose to pardon their Lucifer, then its for our national interest. Whether I love my President or not, is my business and not that of Obamaland.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by free2ryhme: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Kettle calling pot black
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Dede1:

I am a constructive thinker and do not dwell on the petty stuffs. Whether thousands of Nigerian who are counterparts of USA’s politicians got way free or imprisoned is pertinently irrelevance. The fact remains acts of pardons are prerogatives of the executioner.

Well, I guess suffering under the yoke of mind boggling corruption is the prerogative of apathetic electorates.

7 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by dartsidius7(m): 2:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
they should just grant state pardon to half of all the inmates in prison, cos most of them are in there for a lot less than what that cock sucker did.

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by calapicha(m): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2013
It is said that absolute power corrupts absolutely, all d other arms of government that suppose to checkmate d activities of d executive arm of government have been pocketed by Jona because of greediness, and this have made jona to become so arrogant and power drunk.

1 Like

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
I am all for forgiveness, but it should come with remorse from offender. What exactly did Alams do to show he was remorseful?

It's not like he took out a full page advert to express remorse.

It's not like he started an NGO to educate youth about ills of corruption.

It's not like he went on nationwide appearances on TV and at lectures talking against corruption.

Nonsense. It's not like he even served a lengthy sentence. He was given a slap on the wrist.

There are many truly remorseful people in Kirikiri today for stealing roasted plantain and groundnut, but they do not have access to Goodluck Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by idupaul: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: First of all, I see no reason why US Government should actually have a voice in what's going on in any sovereign country, it is none of their Business. They should learn from China and stay off Nigeria's decision. We respected their Gay rights as pertains their decision to let a man kolombo another man and a woman finger another woman, we didnt interfere. Should any country chose to pardon their Lucifer, then its for our national interest. Whether I love my President or not, is my business and not that of Obamaland.

When they endorsed the election of GEJ it was ok then shei for them to interfere in the bidness of a soveriegn nation

5 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
Billyonaire: First of all, I see no reason why US Government should actually have a voice in what's going on in any sovereign country, it is none of their Business. They should learn from China and stay off Nigeria's decision. We respected their Gay rights as pertains their decision to let a man kolombo another man and a woman finger another woman, we didnt interfere. Should any country chose to pardon their Lucifer, then its for our national interest. Whether I love my President or not, is my business and not that of Obamaland.

True talk, but Nigerians are not exactly dancing Azonto on the streets congratulating GEJ on his decision. On the contrary, it is a very unpopular decision, and the USA knows this. There was no national interest, but personal interest. It is when your house is in disorder that you give outsiders the right to talk about your matter.

2 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2013
idupaul:

When they endorsed the election of GEJ it was ok then shei for them to interfere in the bidness of a soveriegn nation
No one needs America's endorsement my friend. If you have such mindset then its dangerous for your growth. America isnt better than Nigeria, we are simply being played by America cos we have something they want. America gives nothing for free, they visit your country with the Bible and the sword, Peace in one hand and arms deal in another hand. Dove in one hand and bow/arrow in the other.
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by PehaKaso: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2013
Aigbofa:

Nonsense, they know what is going on in Nigeria more than you will ever ever know.

Do u also approve & accept their prediction of Nigeria breaking up come 2015?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by ypzilanti: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
idupaul:

Are you minding the heediot? That is how they loved Bakare when he was fighting the constitutional thing be done, and GEJ be given his mandate. Now he is devil incarnate for doing what he has always done: fight Nigeria's corrupt rulers.

3 Likes

Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Mudley313: 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2013
when far more corrupt awunsa guys like IBB are walking free, we from the SS hail this pardon, whatever any hater thinks
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Ak47bullet: 2:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fools are hear celebrating stupid tweets from the so call US embassy. How significant is our disapproval of US policies? How many times have we condemned their actions? When Obama denied Okonjo-Iweala world bank office what was their tweet? When they predicted that we were going to disintegrate by 2015, was it in our best interest? Now that they are covertly supporting Boko Haram what have they tweeted. Morons
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
ypzilanti:

True talk, but Nigerians are not exactly dancing Azonto on the streets congratulating GEJ on his decision. On the contrary, it is a very unpopular decision, and the USA knows this. There was no national interest, but personal interest. It is when your house is in disorder that you give outsiders the right to talk about your matter.
No honest outsider intervenes in a family matter, thats talking about house not being in order. It is only a man that has always been wanting to Bleep your wife that will try to wade into your in-house scuffles so he can seduce your wife. In as much as we do not love ourselves as we should, an outside has no rights to start playing psychological games on oppositions. They have a match in China and North Korea and Iran. Shouldnt they rather concentrate their energies there ?
Re: Alamisiegha's Pardon: US Expresses Regret by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2013
What is their concern over our internal governance, or do they think we will never be able to address our own matter ourselves? 2 hell wif em' Americans!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Men And Women Arrested In Calabar / Suspected Herdsmen Kill Olori Odo, Youth Leader, Injure 2 Others In Ibadan / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.