Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? (4269 Views)

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 10:48am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Well, I have very serious doubt about that judging by your senility and total display of an absence of common sense on this thread.

Buffoon!
Now, Whoever Raised You WILL Be Thoroughly Disappointed.
Your Opinions And Thoughts Are Worthy Of Being Neglected.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Alfamann: 10:48am On Mar 16, 2013
ilugunboy: He is a Nigerian....that is what matter.

Leave the mundane and trivial issue of his tribal affiliation out of this national embarrassment.

I'm sure you'd be singing another tune if his name were Chukwudi Okeke.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Now, Whoever Raised You WILL Be Thoroughly Disappointed.
Your Opinions And Thoughts Are Worthy Of Being Neglected.

If mine are disappointed, yours would be suicidal - losing any will to live at all. Clearly, your conception was not only a waste of energy but a waste of what could otherwise have been a good life on their part.

Oh well, two less mouths to worry about but if you do the honourable thing, it might just be three.

Anuofia of Africa!

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 10:54am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

If mine are disappointed, yours would be suicidal - losing any will to live at all. Clearly, your conception was not only a waste of energy but a waste of what could otherwise have been a good life on their part.

Oh well, two less mouths to worry about but if you do the honourable thing, it might just be three.

Anuofia of Africa!
Negligible.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 10:55am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Negligible.

perfect description of your life.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2013
I'm Still Waiting On Informed Contributions.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:06am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ: I'm Still Waiting On Informed Contributions.

Na lie go scatter your head! Shebi you said you were Yoruba?

Perhaps your ghost wrote this:
Re: How Often Do You Speak Your Native Language At Home? by SBabaJ(m): 5:44pm On Jan 14
While Growing Up, You Dare Not Speak Any Other Language To My Dad Except Our Native Okun/Yagba. Even Among My Sibs We Speak Our Dialect Way More Than English/Pidgin. Yoruba Was And Still Is, The Least Employed Language In Our Home. We Matter Of Fact Seldom Speak Yoruba. Our Friends Found It Very Funny Though.

https://www.nairaland.com/1153053/how-often-speak-native-language/2#13832207

were pataki. An effing okun boi claiming to be Yoruba. You better find your square root.

Abiipabe omo.

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Alfamann: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2013
Obaifeiye Shem

This name sounds yorubaish to me.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann: Obaifeiye Shem

but of course, shem is a Yoruba name in iboland abi?

You people are so desperate!

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Na lie go scatter your head! Shebi you said you were Yoruba?

Perhaps your ghost wrote this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1153053/how-often-speak-native-language/2#13832207

were pataki. An effing okun boi claiming to be Yoruba. You better find your square root.

Abiipabe omo.
The Okun/Yagba-Speaking People Of Kogi State Are Considered Yorubas. There Is The Mainstream Yoruba And Others. Comprehende?

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Alfamann: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

but of course, shem is a Yoruba name in iboland abi?

You people are so desperate!

what is iboland?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann:

what is iboland?

The land ibo people of the South East of Nigeria live.

Are you sure you're Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:17am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
The Okun/Yagba-Speaking People Of Kogi State Are Considered Yorubas. There Is The Mainstream Yoruba And Others. Comprehende?

Oh, so you're Yoruba now? When in your quote you identified yourself as yagba and stressed how your father prohibits you from speaking Yoruba.

You are suffering from identity crisis. Sort yourself out first before coming here to mar the Yoruba people.

Alako ori.

4 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Alfamann: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

The land ibo people of the South East of Nigeria live.

Are you sure you're Nigerian?

I've never heard of these people. Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:24am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann:

I've never heard of these people. Are you sure you know what you are talking about?

Go to Ladipo, Alaba market or betterstill, Malaysia prison and ask specifically for the narcotics section. You'll find them there if are unable to find iboland on the map of Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Alfamann: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Go to Ladipo, Alaba market or betterstill, Malaysia prison and ask specifically for the narcotics section. You'll find them there if are unable to find iboland on the map of Nigeria.

Ladipo and Alaba in Lagos you mean? Yorubaland? I didn't know there was a sub-section of the yorubas called ibos. Thanks for the info. You learn a new thing everyday about the scratched faces living in the west.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 11:30am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Oh, so you're Yoruba now? When in your quote you identified yourself as yagba and stressed how your father prohibits you from speaking Yoruba.

You are suffering from identity crisis. Sort yourself out first before coming here to mar the Yoruba people.

Alako ori.
Desola, You Researched My Posts And I Researched Yours, And To God I Expect You'll Be Smarter Than This. To Answer You, Compare The Egbas, Ijebus, Ijeshas And Others To Those From Ile-Ife And Present Your Case. (You'll Do Well To Read Your JSS1 Notes{YORUBA L1 Or L2} And Other Newspaper Clippings Before Answering Me}
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Desola, You Researched My Posts And I Researched Yours, And To God I Expect You'll Be Smarter Than This. To Answer You, Compare The Egbas, Ijebus, Ijeshas And Others To Those From Ile-Ife And Present Your Case. (You'll Do Well To Read Your JSS1 Notes{YORUBA L1 Or L2} And Other Newspaper Clippings Before Answering Me}

story lo ba de.

You said in your other posts that you were not Yoruba and seldom speak the language. Why then would you open a thread with the opening lines of "i'm a Yoruba myself" when you have at a point in the past denounced the race? Clearly your motive here was to incite ethnic conflict with the Yorubas been your main target.

Abegi leave research alone! You are not Yoruba, end of!

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann:

Ladipo and Alaba in Lagos you mean? Yorubaland? I didn't know there was a sub-section of the yorubas called ibos. Thanks for the info. You learn a new thing everyday about the scratched faces living in the west.

Tufiakwa! Ibos being Yoruba? Ka ma ri! Mo taka osi danu!

I was only providing a pointer since you obviously didn't know that ibos exist in Nigeria. I was been ingenious by providing you with places to go and see the ibos who migrated from the said iboland as I am aware that if you were lucky enough to find your route to the said iboland, you might not find them there as 99.9% of them have either migrated to Yorubaland or the prisons in the land of the orients.

Just been helpful, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 11:39am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

story lo ba de.

You said in your other posts that you were not Yoruba and seldom speak the language. Why then would you open a thread with the opening lines of "i'm a Yoruba myself" when you have at a point in the past denounced the race? Clearly your motive here was to incite ethnic conflict with the Yorubas been your main target.

Abegi leave research alone! You are not Yoruba, end of!
Leave Research Alone? You're Not That Smart After All. I Have Wasted A Lot Of Time On You.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Leave Research Alone? You're Not That Smart After All. I Have Wasted A Lot Of Time On You.

Hahaha...very funny! I have debated the matter extensively with the resident Yorusa "Jarus" and olawalebabs so there is nothing new to find out. I am judging you squarely by your own publications and not by my own standards of a Yoruba man. You on this very same site suggested that you were not Yoruba. That, 'thick head' is the bone of contention here and not who qualifies as Yoruba or not. You have disqualified yourself as one so you have no right to call Yorubas out except for sinister reasons.

You are not bright!

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by free13: 11:49am On Mar 16, 2013
Alfamann: Obaifeiye Shem

If he is a yoruba man, why is he ashamed of it?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Hahaha...very funny! I have debated the matter extensively with the resident Yorusa "Jarus" and olawalebabs so there is nothing new to find out. I am judging you squarely by your own publications and not by my own standards of a Yoruba man. You on this very same site suggested that you were not Yoruba. That, 'thick head' is the bone of contention here and not who qualifies as Yoruba or not. You have disqualified yourself as one so you have no right to call Yorubas out except for sinister reasons.

You are not bright!
Read Extensively Before You Take Up A Self-Appointed Role Of Defending The Yorubas. Ask Your Spiritual Lord, JARUS, The True REASONS Why People From Ilorin And Offa Don't Often Get Along.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 11:58am On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Read Extensively Before You Take Up A Self-Appointed Role Of Defending The Yorubas. Ask Your Spiritual Lord, JARUS, The True REASONS Why People From Ilorin And Offa Don't Often Get Along.

Very funny. I think Jarus can take that post actually. He is deserving.

Don't digress. Did you specifically distinguish yourself from Yorubas by emphatically stating that you are okun/agba or not? Do you agree that stressing that you seldom speak Yoruba and its prohibition in your household is by implication asserting your non-Yorubaness?

Now, that is the koko of the matter. Try if you can not to deflect.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Very funny. I think Jarus can take that post actually. He is deserving.

Don't digress. Did you specifically distinguish yourself from Yorubas by emphatically stating that you are okun/agba or not? Do you agree that stressing that you seldom speak Yoruba and its prohibition in your household is by implication asserting your non-Yorubaness?

Now, that is the koko of the matter. Try if you can not to deflect.
Compare The Different Variations Of "YORUBA" And Answer Yourself.
The Attempt To Reclaim Your Revered Personage Is Commendable.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 12:05pm On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Compare The Different Variations Of "YORUBA" And Answer Yourself.
The Attempt To Reclaim Your Reverred Personage Is Commendable.

Did you by omission or commission infer that you are not Yoruba?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by SBabaJ(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

Did you by omission or commission infer that you are not Yoruba?
Read Through. Answer Yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by remarkD(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
You're not being helpful.. you're being confused and id.i.otic ... should i add tribalistic as well... heck you're just being... Yo(mama)robber. grin

Don't start getting wet now and begin flapping your (dirty) gums... my time here is limited and i just wanted to say "Hi" to you... so "Hi, sweetie" wink tongue
Desola:

Tufiakwa! Ibos being Yoruba? Ka ma ri! Mo taka osi danu!

I was only providing a pointer since you obviously didn't know that ibos exist in Nigeria. I was been ingenious by providing you with places to go and see the ibos who migrated from the said iboland as I am aware that if you were lucky enough to find your route to the said iboland, you might not find them there as 99.9% of them have either migrated to Yorubaland or the prisons in the land of the orients.

Just been helpful, that's all.

3 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
remark D: You're not being helpful.. you're being confused and id.i.otic ... should i add tribalistic as well... heck you're just being... Yo(mama)robber. grin

Don't start getting wet now and begin flapping your (dirty) gums... my time here is limited and i just wanted to say "Hi" to you... so "Hi, sweetie" wink tongue

Hiya!

Tribalistic? Perhaps you're not far from the mark but idiotic? I'd say you should check that in your dna and the entry for that definition in the dictionary now has your name written boldly next to it.

2 Likes

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ:
Read Through. Answer Yourself.

My answer is that you are NOT as earlier stated and that you are being cantankerous by inciting ethnic bashing.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:20pm On Mar 16, 2013
baby_123: He's edo.

From where? Obafaiye seems to be an Okun name (look it up), so that means he is a Yoruba man with direct or ancestral origins in Kogi state.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone is so embarrassed by this guy or thinks he embarrassed himself that badly. A way bigger deal is being made out of this situation than would make sense, all because he used one funny phrase.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Desola(f): 12:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
PhysicsQED:

From where? Obafaiye seems to be an Okun name (look it up), so that means he is a Yoruba man with direct or ancestral origins in Kogi state.

Anyway, I don't see why anyone is so embarrassed by this guy or thinks he embarrassed himself that badly. A way bigger deal is being made out of this situation than would make sense, all because he used one funny phrase.

And you had to come in and throw spanner in the works, right?

Now, let's leave it to the resident okun/kagba man to come and denounce.

No one wants to claim this man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria's Military Positions At 36th In The World According To Global Firepower. / FG To Release List Of Boko Haram Sponsors - Channelstv / Russia Gives Condition For Military Aid To Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.