Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? (4265 Views)

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / Transcript Interview Of Commandant Obafaiye Shem At Channelstv#my Oga At The Top / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by seanet02: 6:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
Desola:

hehehe...what happened to you? were you imprisoned?
He was kidnapped by . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
kettykin: Mr. Obafaiye Shem. is a product of the Worthless free Education that Awo offered his people that eventually led to the mismanagement and crashing of the numerous Nigerian Conglomerates that they Got after the indigenisation Decree of the 70s , the Crippling of the Aviation sector ,PHCN, NITEL, Nigerian Airways ,Air Nigeria, Ajaokuta Steel e.t.c . it is also the reason why many houses that are above 1 story in Lagos end up collapsing and killing the inhabitants .

The Education authorities and recruitment agencies that promoted Mediocrity and Nepotism at the expense of National Growth should be held responsible. A case in mind is the recent rot in the Aviation sector where Nigeria can not boast of a single National Carrier.
if this is what one Nigeria means then it is really a pity

Another loose m.oron on a typical conjectural crap.

Honestly some of you hardly worth any decent response.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
seanet02: He was kidnapped by . . . . . . . . . . .

As usual by Omo Inaa!

Thank goodness...she didn't receive the Charlie boy's cousin treatment in Oguta.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by PhysicsQED(m): 6:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
Just search for the man's name, "Obafaiye", leaving out "Shem," the probably Biblical name his forefathers adopted, and add the word "Okun" to your search, and you will quickly find that there have been other people from the Okun area of Kogi state that bore that name. I don't know if its exclusive to that particular Yoruba group or not, but I can't find any other group to which the name is connected.

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by badassnigga(m): 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
his name doesn't sounds Yoruba.
but to clear u pple doubt we will contact oga at d top for proper clarification. brb
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Duru1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

You are slowly working yourself into a group that is not worthy of a response.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by badassnigga(m): 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2013
SBabaJ: This Is Not In Any Way Tribalistic. After All., I Am A Yoruba Man Myself. However, A Friend Opined That When He Heard The First "Wait" in The 1:08mins Clip An Acquaintance Sent Him He Knew The Man Was Most Definitely Yoruba. I Agreed With Him Not Because Of The "Wait" But Because I Think A Yoruba Man Is More Likely To Play The "Loyalty Card" So Openly Than Any Other Tribe.
What Do You Think Of It, How True Is This?

see d name na ...does d name sounds Yoruba.
besides what has tribe got to do with this.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
baby_123: He's edo. Now laugh at your stu*pidity. grin

damn!

#epicSLAYING!
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by FSU: 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2013
Yoruba for lyfe

Oba = king
Fa = f//u/c///k
Aiye =life or world

1 Like

Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by PhysicsQED(m): 7:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
MsDarkSkin:

damn!

#epicSLAYING!

It would be an "epic slaying" except that he isn't actually Edo. The person who posted that comment ('baby_123') is not Edo and just doesn't know what she's talking about. Anybody bearing that name Obafaiye is either an Okun Yoruba from Kogi state or a Yoruba living elsewhere but with ancestors from Kogi state or (and this is another possibility which I just found out after looking at the picture above) he could be from the Ogori ethnic group in Kogi that occasionally have Yoruba names due to some past interaction with their neighbors but seem to not really be Yoruba.

Anyway, he didn't make that big of a gaffe. It's being way overblown.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by kettykin: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

What Decent response/Excuse can you offer when the signs and the diagnosis are too glaring and cant be covered up
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by free13: 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2013
kettykin:

What Decent response/Excuse can you offer when the signs and the diagnosis are too glaring and cant be covered up

Well said.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 17, 2013
Duru1:

You are slowly working yourself into a group that is not worthy of a response.

Dende...you've gotten the ban treatment as usual again?

I've told you, only that you are too stubborn to listen. How long is you NL prison sentence going to be this time?

tongue
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:56am On Mar 17, 2013
kettykin:

Quit the un-solicited and meaningless rhetoric....no one is sold on that...some of you neither get the form nor the substance to be taken serious.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 17, 2013
free13:

Well said.

When are you even going to have a personal opinion on any issue?

Stop this herd mentality...be your own person.

BTW ....when are you going back to your regular NL handle?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by chyz(m): 3:35am On Mar 17, 2013
Product of "free education"
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by EzeUche(m): 3:58am On Mar 17, 2013
If his name was Chibueze Okoro, we Igbos would be hearing about this man for years to come.

But he is a Yoruba and now they are disowning him. Even trying to say that he is Bini.

No wonder Madam Oduah is cleaning up the Aviation Ministry. Obafaiye Shem must be representative of some of the bush Yorubas in civil service.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by IleIfe2(m): 4:49am On Mar 17, 2013
Desola:

perfect description of your life.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by IleIfe2(m): 4:53am On Mar 17, 2013
Desola:

Tufiakwa! Ibos being Yoruba? Ka ma ri! Mo taka osi danu! grin

I was only providing a pointer since you obviously didn't know that ibos exist in Nigeria. I was been ingenious by providing you with places to go and see the ibos who migrated from the said iboland as I am aware that if you were lucky enough to find your route to the said iboland, you might not find them there as 99.9% of them have either migrated to Yorubaland or the prisons in the land of the orients.

Just been helpful, that's all.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by gratiaeo(m): 10:37am On Mar 17, 2013
Very unfortunate he's a YORUBA man..... Imagine if he's an Igbo?
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by free13: 2:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
EzeUche: If his name was Chibueze Okoro, we Igbos would be hearing about this man for years to come.

But he is a Yoruba and now they are disowning him. Even trying to say that he is Bini.

No wonder Madam Oduah is cleaning up the Aviation Ministry. Obafaiye Shem must be representative of some of the bush Yorubas in civil service.

Please he is not a Bini man, he is YORUBA. grin grin grin
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by Iykopee(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
point blank, this oga @ d top is a typical yoruba man.... Notin to hide. Afterall we have countless number of people in oda localities that are synonymous to dis man...his nom de guerre says it all.
Re: My Oga At The Top; Was It Really Obvious He Is Yoruba? by qplus(m): 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
Yes, he was obviously yoruba, tryng to proove he knows what he doesn't. He is definitely Ekiti.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Opens Multi-billion Naira Beverage Factory In Adamawa / US Report: Nigerian Military Tipped Off Boko Haram About Chibok Girls Rescue / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks On Buhari, Lai Muhammed, Diezani @ Geneva Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.