Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41547 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

Please! The Americans came late to the party after they got their a$$es severely kicked in Pearl Harbour by the Japanese!
omo, they did not come late. they were trying to stay neutral to the war. the only reason the Japanese wrecked Pearl Harbour was to get the Americans into the war.

OK, they got their "ass" kicked as you say, but who later won the war?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2008
Sholeyb:

With regards to your 2nd statement, it shows that you have no clue. I have chosen not to lead evidence to butress my point. Go and read FT and watch the news

Dont read every nonsense you see in the papers . . . we love to magnify what happens in the US 100 fold.

EloSela:

Please! The Americans came late to the party after they got their a$$es severely kicked in Pearl Harbour by the Japanese!

At least the Americans didnt have to endure bombing raids and hiding in bomb shelters.
The Japs kicked their asses at pearl Harbour . . . well the Japs had their entire bodies kicked, battered and bruised at Yokohama and Nagashaki . . . u ask them, they still have a memorial till today.

1 Like

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by wedee1(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Sean T21

From what i've experienced in both countries, its like US is better. There are more jobs or to put it plainly- more oppourtunities in the States than in europe. Thats it. But anyway, u should migrate to where ur heart is!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by iamworried(f): 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2008
@almondjoy

all these your rantings and bragging. you are yet to stop !!!

you are nothing but an [b]ECONOMIC ASYLUM SEEKER IN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.[/b]
and your case is still pending with the authorities.

you should spend your time fasting and praying to God so that your bag of lies will not be detected by the  authorities and you wont be placed on the first plane back to naija.

@nairalanders. abeg make una read this thread. pages one and two

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-65653.0.html

post number 25 and 29.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

At least the Americans didnt have to endure bombing raids and hiding in bomb shelters.
The Japs kicked their asses at pearl Harbour . . . well the Japs had their entire bodies kicked, battered and bruised at Yokohama and Nagashaki . . . u ask them, they still have a memorial till today.

So its the Brits who took on the Axis powers as a matter of principle that deserved to be mocked rather than the Yanks who had to wait till they were bombed to realise what was clear to discerning people-that the Axis power posed a threat to humanity as a whole not just Europe and Asia.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Sholeyb: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2008
@4him

I have not adduced my evidence from reading papers. I am talking of reality, the stock markets, even Bush has admitted to the fact that the US economy is struggling. the severe/alarming sudden interest rate cut, mortgage crisis,Investment banks declaring losses, (wasnt one of them just bought by another last week or so) that is what I am talkng about. Lets be real.

I am not dissing one country for the other. I am merely stating the obvious. It does not mean that the USA will not bounce back, but for now this is the state of affairs.

Re: the second comment, there is something fundamentally wrong with a society that exaggerates its ills.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

So its the Brits who took on the Axis powers as a matter of principle that deserved to be mocked rather than the Yanks who had to wait till they were bombed to realise what was clear to discerning people-that the Axis power posed a threat to humanity as a whole not just Europe and Asia.

am not saying that American should not be mocked, but if you read American history from G.W.'s presidency,you'll know why Americans have been trying to keep out of war that has nothing to do with the Americans
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
some people really lack a sense of humor. It's almost depressing  undecided

aimworried, go and sit down jare.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 6:39pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

They posed more of a greater threat to weaker nations like the UK.
The war was primarily won by the US and Russia . . . nations like Britain just like to run around claiming the credit for what they didnt contribute to. The major contribution of the Brits to the world is an unstable Africa and the Middle east.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 6:40pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

am not saying that American should not be mocked, but if you read American history from G.W.'s presidency,you'll know why Americans have been trying to keep out of war that has nothing to do with the Americans

But the 2nd World War had a lot to do with Americans,Americans were just too slow witted to realise until they were bombed.Had they intervened earlier,the war would have been more easily won with far less human costs.They are still paying for elements of the war-check out the impasse with North Korea or the Cold war with the Soviets .

Inaction can just be as costly,even costlier,as action.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

But the 2nd World War had a lot to do with Americans,Americans were just too slow witted to realise until they were bombed.Had they intervened earlier,the war would have been more easily won with far less human costs.They are still paying for elements of the war-check out the impasse with North Korea or the Cold war with the Soviets .

the Brits were the ones enduring bombing raids on London, why didnt they act earlier to stop the war?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by londoner: 6:42pm On Apr 02, 2008
, lol, lol, lol,  shocked shocked shocked This is really funny. Even the indegenous people from both countries wouldn't take it this far, lol
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2008
These UK people are too sensitive, America all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy kiss
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

They posed more of a greater threat to weaker nations like the UK.
The war was primarily won by the US and Russia . . . nations like Britain just like to run around claiming the credit for what they didnt contribute to. The major contribution of the Brits to the world is an unstable Africa and the Middle east.

The US primarily won what?The Soviet Union alone was responsible for over 80% of Germany's military casualties.The UK and the US were responsible for roughly 15% of the rest ,with the UK having a fairly higher responsibility for the German war dead than the US.

Without the UK holding back the Germans and the Japs virtually alone for 2 years,the US would have had to face the wrath of the Axis powers alone.At worst they will be defeated,at best they would have been isolated like North Korea.

As for Britain's contribution to Africa,check out other countries.Liberia is officially the poorest country in West Africa,I wonder who colonised it.Are the French and Portguese colonies any better? What about Ethiopia which was not colonised?

Well,if not for Britain,you will be answering Mallam Dawudu Yusuf. . .tell me how you would have turned back those Fulani Jihadist that had taken Ilorin. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by vodkat: 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2008
The Uk a silent racist , they hate foreigners although they wouldnt tell you (because politeness is a culture in england) but you can read it in there body languauge.

It is less in the city where people are hussling but it is more in the remote parts .

All in all , i beleive the home is the best place (Naija)
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

the Brits were the ones enduring bombing raids on London, why didnt they act earlier to stop the war?

That is why its good to watch the History Channel.Britain, virtually alone, fought Germany and Japan to a standstill for 2 years while the Soviets were in bed with Hitler and the Yanks were playing the ostrich.

If not for the UK,Germany would have had free reign over Europe with time to consolidate and take on the US.

londoner:

, lol, lol, lol, shocked shocked shocked This is really funny. Even the indegenous people from both countries wouldn't take it this far, lol

Is there anything like indigene? Indigenes in the US are native Americans while most of the original indigenes in the British Isles are now a minority.Everybody is essentially a migrant except some came earlier than others. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

The US primarily won what?The Soviet Union alone was responsible for over 80% of Germany's military casualties.The UK and the US were responsible for roughly 15% of the rest ,with the UK having a fairly higher responsibility for the German war dead than the US.

The US single-handedly forced the Japs into a surrender. The British had most of their naval fleet decimated by the Japs . . . the only thing the British had going for them was the large number of forces they could muster from their colonies.

4 Play:

[b]Without the UK holding back the Germans and the Japs virtually alone for 2 years,[/b]the US would have had to face the wrath of the Axis powers alone.At worst they will be defeated,at best they would have been isolated like North Korea.

The US didnt need to face the axis powers at all. They could simply have dropped atomic bombs on Japan and went back to sleep leaving the UK and her allies to suffer a heavy defeat in the hands of the Germans.

4 Play:

As for Britain's contribution to Africa,check out other countries.Liberia is officially the poorest country in West Africa,I wonder who colonised it.

Liberia was not colonised by the US, they simply moved large number of ex-slaves there.

4 Play:

Well,if not Britain,you will be answering Mallam Dawudu Yusuf. . .tell me how you would have turned back those Fulani Jihadist that had taken Ilorin. grin

We have since thanked them.  grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ Topic,

God Bless the QUEEN!!!!!!!!
UK is a better place to live in. . . . . . . . . . .
Quality Education, Proper Enforcement of the Human Rights Act and an excellent Health Care System.

Our police don't brand guns like they do in the USA to terrorise people. Our police don't beat citizens like i have seen in the USA.
There are no death sentence penalty here like they killed TOOKIE WILLIAMS.
People still get treated in the NHS with or without a NHS card unlike the USA where the Health Insurance is a necessity or DEATH.

A lot of people complain about the tax system but thats bollocks.
The minimum wage here is about 5.35 pounds($10) and its about $7(it varies from state to state) in the USA.
For instance, Georgia pays aboout $5.25 which is less than 3 pounds in the UK.
Even animals make more money than that!   Please do the math!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prefer the UK anytime, anyday.
It's more compact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2008
The Jackal:

Our police don't brand guns like they do in the USA to terrorise people.

You've been watching too much hollywood.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by delegiwa(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
See these people for here oh. I dey bow for una oh.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2008
4Him:

The US single-handedly forced the Japs into a surrender. The British had most of their naval fleet decimated by the Japs . . . the only thing the British had going for them was the large number of forces they could muster from their colonies.

Forget all that Hollywood version of history.The Soviets in particular,alongside the Chinese and the Brits were responsible for most of Japan's casualties.

You mentioned the atomic bomb.The US only embarked on producing an atomic bomb upon joining the war,had they not joined,Germany was ahead in the race to produce an atomic bomb.If the US and the Soviets never joined the war,Germany would have been the sole nuclear power.

Maybe mushroom clouds in California and New York would have made the point clearer to the Americans that Germany posed a threat to everybody.

As for Liberia,if non-colonised entities like Liberia and Ethiopia are as wretched as they are today,how is the state of Africa today the fault of Britain?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

But the 2nd World War had a lot to do with Americans,Americans were just too slow witted to realise until [b]they were bombed.Had they intervened earlier,the war would have been more easily won with far less human costs.[/b]They are still paying for elements of the war-check out the impasse with North Korea or the Cold war with the Soviets .

no really, if they would have intervened earlier? its because they were deciding on which nation to take out first. Germany or Japan. If America diverted its attention to the pacific, Germany might crush both the S.U and Britain, then emerge unconquerable. But if Germany was knocked out first. . .you know the rest. not because they were slow witted, the war is being planned out at that point. FDR wanted to go for Germany, American citizens wanted to go for Japan. . .
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2008
Hollywood?

I think not!!!! I was in California for almost a year and what i saw was appaling.
The Human Acts Right is a facade. . . . . . . .There are still many states in the USA that support the DEATH SENTENCE penalty.
IMO, the quality of life in the UK is far better than what i saw in the USA.

Minimum wage is crap in the USA and many people work more than 3 jobs to make ends meet in your side.
I cannot say the same in the UK where minimum wage is over 5 pounds/hr. . . . more than $10/hr.
The whole world saw the other side of USA during hurricane Katrina.
Pls tell me, whats the difference between New Orleans and Ajegunle in Lagos?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

no really, if they would have intervened earlier? its because they were deciding on which nation to take out first. Germany or Japan. If America diverted its attention to the pacific, Germany might crush both the S.You and Britain, then emerge unconquerable. But if Germany was knocked out first. . .you know the rest. not because they were slow witted, the war is being planned out at that point. FDR wanted to go for Germany, American citizens wanted to go for Japan. . .

I have never heard this version of history before.The US only intervened because of Pearl Habor.If not for Pearl Harbor,they would have been idling on the sidelines until Germany's nuclear programme came to fruition.

We blacks would probably be debating all these issues from zoos.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
These UK people are too sensitive

Yea seriously. I was expecting to be entertained since we've done our part. Im highly disappointed.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by EloSela(f): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2008
Morenike09:

whatever you and D-reloaded have na your own wahala. . . as long as you've answered my question. so the main reason why you prefer UK to USA is b/c its easier for you to spend your time counting beans there. ok. no probe. now we know why you're bleating about the American economy and racial issues.

and for correcting my mistake, one kobo for you, now at least that will motivate you to keep checking each post for errors

Now as for the comment you made to me on the other page as of racial tension in America, omo, my post was based on what i heard ( as you did the same) and what i read in the media, and what my family members witnessed. well, i suppose it depends on each person's experience. well, where am leaving i prefer it to what i've heard about UK. that's the main reason why i picked it, and am sure that's the second reason why you picked UK.

and i repeat,i prefer USA to UK.

It is 'living' [/b]not [b]'leaving'! Na so so illiterates from Nigeria now pack go America?

Anyway sha, another 1kobo for me! grin

By the way I didn't 'pick' the UK
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

It is 'living' [/b]not [b]'leaving'! Na so so illiterates from Nigeria now pack go America?

Don't blame them.
Blame the USA Visa Lottery schitzo.
The scheme helped more Nigerian illiterates than the learned ones. grin cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 02, 2008
EloSela:

you're packing to go to America? wetin you wan me to do? send you the ticket money?

na, that one na 2 kobos for you. . .that's the second one on my part na. omo, 2 kobos is too little na, esp when you need more to buy more beans to count. abeg, why dnt you keep correcting every post kiss

you didn't pick UK, yet you're bleating about American economics. well, nothing do you sha wink

4 Play:

I have never heard this version of history before.The US only intervened because of Pearl Habor.If not for Pearl Harbor,they would have been idling on the sidelines until Germany's nuclear programme came to fruition.

We blacks would probably be debating all these issues from zoos.
well now you've heard it. . . yes, U.S only intervened because of Japan, but what took them long to actually take action is because they were busy deciding which nation (Japan or Germany) to attack first.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2008
The Jackal:

Don't blame them.
same as the UK helping more Nigerian Illiterates rather than the learned ones?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Uche2nna(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2008
Now this is getting funny grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by akins4(m): 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2008
usa is the best place to hustle in the world, except yahoo yahoo and 419, lol
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by yme5: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
The Jackal:

Don't blame them.

he hehe hehe hehehe hehehe ehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25)

United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / 5 Countries That Don't Want You To Visit Them (pics) / Women With Buttocks Surgery Couldn't Sit While On A Plane (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.