Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:20 AM

United States Of America Vs United Kingdom - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom (41545 Views)

Poll: Which country would you rather live in, given the choice?

The United States?: 62% (110 votes)
The United Kingdom?: 37% (66 votes)
This poll has ended

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / United States Of America Vs United Kingdom!!! Your Thoughts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Go Down)

Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 11:47pm On Apr 02, 2008
4 Play:

Only a quarter of Americans have a passport.Experiencing other cultures broadens your perspective and understanding of the world.

I once saw a study that showed that 1/7th of US University graduates couldn't find their country on a map.Americans are the most ignorant lot in the West,starting with their President.I heard Obama's experience of Europe is one overnight stay in London(he is chairman of the Senate subcommittee on European Affairs)

At least we agree on something tongue

I met quite a few americans who had never gone OUT OF STATE for any reason. They live, marry, populate and die in the town of their birth, never mind having a passport.

The average UKer is more likely to move around due to work commitments, moving to less expensive counties etc, therefore, travel both IN and OUT of the country. I am sure there has been lot of media coverage, although of unfortunate nature, about brits getting into trouble while on holiday.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ Eldee,

Don't mind these buncha pretenders. . . . .They think i buy the schitzo about the AMERICAN DREAM . . .
Its a big facade . . . . . . Most of em are living like peasants.
Working 3-4 jobs to make ends meet. . . . . . . . They work and work cos of the heaps of debt they have incurred growing up.

They dont stop working. . . .they must pay bills and various repayments to survive. grin grin grin
While u may see 4Him driving Range Rover sport, it will take him some 30 odd years to complete the repayment.
Now add 30 yrs to his 38 years and tell me 4Him is not "trapped". grin grin grin grin

@ 4 Play,

U took that from me fingers!!

What about Telecomms. . . . . Can the USA match the UK?
Ask 4Him or D-reloaded to give u a call now and the 1st thing they would ask is a landline number.
Tell em the calls we make to the USA is free from 9pm to 9am. . . . . I dont have to pay ZILCH to talk to ma friends.
They are technologically backwards. . . . . . Majority of em still use the dial-up connection e.g D-reloaded. tongue tongue
This is why she goes OFF and ON like NEPA.

@ D-reloaded,

The purpose of your so-called Capital Punishment has been defeated.
Prisoners go to prison and get raped, beaten and torture and they inject em back into the system.
How do u expect em to be reformed when all they were subjected to in Prison is VIOLENCE!!!!!

Capital punishment on its own is expected to act as a deterrent. . .  .Now lets check the records if CRIME RATE has soared or not.
I dont really see how u guys keep preaching Human Rights when it's not even practised in your back yards.
Whats the difference between y'all and Jungle Justice in Oshodi. . . . .At the end of the day, the culprit will die a PAINFUL DEATH. grin grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2008
Imani:

It depends on what type of technology you are talking about. How can a country that co-develop the Concorde, not have the necessary technological prowess.

And which junkyard did you people park that white elephant called the Concorde? How many Boeing aircraft is the BA using? Una no get shame.  grin

Imani:

By the way, when next are the US going to be asking for more troops for the "coalition led war" tongue. I thought you guys were capable by yourselves.

Well its not like the US is begging u, when another 7-7 hits u then u'll wake up from ur slumber.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2008
Imani:

I met quite a few americans
point proven. . .it's ppl that you guys meet tongue

@Jackal
wetin 4Him do you sef? you dey jealous of the bro? otito, ko to be grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 11:54pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

@Jackal
wetin 4Him do you sef? you dey jealous of the bro? otito, ko to be grin

ignore the idiot. grin I no longer have time for immature fools on whom humor is lost.

4 Play:

Look at something as simple as broadband.The US has one of the lowest broadband usage in the developed world.I wonder where this US technological superiority can be demonstrated.

go and invent ur own internet then come back talking about broadband . . . yeye people. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2008
@Jackal

SkyTalk allows me to call the US,Australia and 8 other countries for free 24 hours a day.These people are in the stone ages,how many of them even have cell phones?Broadband is too much for them,its like space age tech.

They think passing high voltage electricity through human beings is a good way to solve crime.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
innocent indeed. Na all hogwash

You 4Play and Jackal, you people like putting words in someone's mouth sha. I never said anything about the crime in the UK being higher. Of course NOT. Just saying that we dont give our prisoners 5 star treatment like you guys.

and Jackal, if you wanna make a argument against the death penalty, I suggest you mention someone else other than that hoodrat Tookie.

Anyway I do like /actually LOVE your Brit music, , now stop crying grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2008
morenike09:

point proven. . .it's people that you guys meet tongue

My sister, who i KNOW not just met has been trying to get out of the US for to no avail, grin It is one story or the other, bad weather elsewhere today, "cultural" difference even in other english countries tomorrow. Her blue passport is just decorating her wardrobe lipsrsealed

4Him:

go and invent your own internet then come back talking about broadband . . . yeye people. grin

Typical of ignorant americans!!! grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:00am On Apr 03, 2008
4Him:

i
go and invent your own internet then come back talking about broadband . . . yeye people. grin

Tim Berners-Lee is American? What would the internet be without the work of British pioneers like Sir Lee.That is why Brits are more innovative than Americans,even little Israel puts the US to shame.

If you are talking of landmark inventions,you can't compare the Brits with the Americans.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:01am On Apr 03, 2008
@ morenike09,

Beef 4Him?
Why should i beef someone that has a higher suffering index than i do?
90% of the things i enjoy here is luxury to 4Him. . . . . If he knows what is good 4 HIM, he would cross the Atlantic ASAP.

@ 4Him,

When 7-7 hits us? At least we caught all the culprits through the aid of our 2 million CCTV cameras.
Y'all peops don't catch nuthing. . . . . You just pick and arrest innocent moslems on instincts and throw em in Guantanmo.
How many times have American counter-terrorists units come to the UK to learn how to conduct investigation on terrorists.
Y'all peops are far behind.

4 play. . . . Please tell this guy the number of cameras that triple beams an average Brit in a day?

@ D-reloaded,

Tookie was a changed man. . . . . Y'all didn't have to kill him after serving those years behind bars.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by danity: 12:02am On Apr 03, 2008
Guys (4play and Jackal), I admire the fact that UK has good telecommunication system but for cryin' out loud, don't rub it in our faces. That's just low. Compare everything else but that.

@ Imani, it amazes me when some of them just watch discovery channel and they start talking based on that only.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 03, 2008
Imani:

My sister, who i KNOW not just met has been trying to get out of the US for to no avail, grin It is one story or the other, bad weather elsewhere today, "cultural" difference even in other english countries tomorrow. Her blue passport is just decorating her wardrobe lipsrsealed
hehehehe. . .that's how things get around. . .stories that got carried around by the wind. . . grin grin. . .did i also tell you that i "heard" that UK is leading in Juju, "heard" that thousands of people in UK got their head slash, heads used to worship the underworld gods lipsrsealed
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 03, 2008
D-reloaded:

innocent indeed. Na all hogwash

You 4Play and Jackal, you people like putting words in someone's mouth sha. I never said anything about the crime in the UK being higher. Of course NOT. Just saying that we don't give our prisoners 5 star treatment like you guys.
and Jackal, if you want to make a argument against the death penalty, I suggest you mention someone else other than that hoodrat Tookie.

Anyway I do like /actually LOVE your Brit music, , now stop crying grin

They even rearrange the position of the toilets to face away from Mecca in order to appease the Mus'lims in prisons.
The place is a joke.
Everything they earn goes in VAT
No wonder they have to count change before buying those 99 pence           tesco bread.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:06am On Apr 03, 2008
@Danity

You can get broadband for free! How is your dial-up ? tongue You can always console yourself by resorting to 4Him's history books were the US invented the web all by themselves. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 12:08am On Apr 03, 2008
because of illigal migration, dnt blame the country for that. . .and plz dnt tell me that UK does not have its own immigration problems
my freaking dayz, only bout 30% of the US population is non-white
why blame immigration for them not having 'pali' grin

go and invent your own internet then come back talking about broadband
nah, we're waitin for them japs to finish so we fool them and mass pro their inventions
you think it's easy to have politicians with perfect communication brain-twisting ability grin grin

When 7-7 hits us? At least we caught all the culprits through the aid of our 2 million CCTV cameras.
Y'all peops don't catch nuthing. . . . . You just pick and arrest innocent moslems on instincts and throw em in Guantanmo.
How many times have American counter-terrorists units come to the UK to learn how to conduct investigation on terrorists.
Y'all peops are far behind.
Tupac was killed in public view after a bigtime boxing match, they've been investigating since when?
Go jack a shop in Kent and see where you'll run to
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 12:09am On Apr 03, 2008
morenike09:

hehehehe. . .that's how things get around. . .stories that got carried around by the wind. . . grin grin. . .did i also tell you that i "heard" that UK is leading in Juju, "heard" that thousands of people in UK got their head slash, heads used to worship the underworld gods lipsrsealed

Would those perpertrators be Nigerians by any chance? grin That proves the point " you can take the Nigerian out of Nigeria but you can't take Nigeria out of the Nigerian?, Hope you catch my drift!!! Nigerians will be Nigerians whichever part of the world they reside. There are "juju" in America too, oh i forget, you guys know nothing "outside" your district/state. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 03, 2008
telecommunications my foot.
When I took the midnight molue out of the UK they were still talking of a wonderful soon to be acquired technology where someone calls you and the number appears little did I know that South Westen bell had already perfected the caller ID wonder.

Is it not the other day they were able to have more than 4 channels to choose from grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:10am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

They even rearrange the position of the toilets to face away from Mecca in order to appease the Mus'lims in prisons.
The place is a joke.
Everything they earn goes in VAT
No wonder they have to count change before buying those 99 pence tesco bread.

You didn't hear of M'uslim toilets in US educational institutions ?Is this not the same people that gave us the Nation of I'slam? When a preacher talks rubbish,we bundle him out of the country,you guys will be genuflecting to rabble rousers because of the silly 1st Amendment
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by danity: 12:11am On Apr 03, 2008
4 Play:

@Danity

You can get broadband for free! How is your dial-up ? tongue You can always console yourself by resorting to 4Him's history books were the US invented the web all by themselves. grin
That's very low. I'm going off NL soon. I'll soon come and stay there for good. I don't have dial-up!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry You're not serious
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:11am On Apr 03, 2008
@ Danity,

I am sorry to rub it in y'all faces.

Its the quality of life we live. . . .
Are u aware i also watch free NOLLYWOOD TV Channel on SKYTV if i get bored of over 50 movie channels on ma box?
The movies are 24/7 back to back. . . . . I can record some for u and send it over, cheesy grin cheesy

@ Nwando,

Prisoners have rights as well. . . . .They are human beings.
Our taxes pay for their well-being in Prison and we are not complaining.
These days, they are allowed PS2/PS3 games, gym and educational training to keep their minds busy.

What do u give y'all prisoners? I heard there is a Sheriff(Joe Arpaio) in Arizona that feeds Prisoners on expired foods.
Blimey. . . . . . .Are y'all really a developed country?
Your appaling ways of handling issues will make Idi Amin green with envy. grin cheesy
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Imani(f): 12:14am On Apr 03, 2008
danity:

@ Imani, it amazes me when some of them just watch discovery channel and they start talking based on that only.

I have heard quite a few stories of Americans who got stuck in their armchairs, due to sitting down for too long watching cable.

I have to admit that in the UK, we have only 5 terrestial channels and those that care and can afford get Sky satelite but you hardly see such cases of watching too much TV. Well, we have to pay TV licence lipsrsealed so we actually have to get off our butts and work. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:14am On Apr 03, 2008
Jackal *waka* Dial-up my arse

Wireless l'omo. Yahoo is just going crazy. Not America's fault grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ Nwando,

These days, they are allowed PS2/PS3 games, gym and educational training to keep their minds busy.
What do u give y'all prisoners? I heard there is a Sheriff in Arizona that feeds Prisoners on expired foods.
Your appaling ways of handling issues will amke Idi Amin green with envy. grin cheesy

Now we know why y'all hop onto virgin atlantic with a polythene bag full of "milky way" for your folks and call it a gift. grin
Who wants to receive a packet of bazooka joe from his beloved son who's been in London for 10 years

It's your taxes.
Keep providing them with Xboxes,I'm sure some of y'all would rather be in prison grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Him(m): 12:17am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

Its the quality of life we live. . . .
Are u aware i also watch free NOLLYWOOD TV Channel on SKYTV if i get bored of over 50 movie channels on ma box?

nollywood movies a sign of good standard of living? shocked
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 03, 2008
yes oh
watching genevieve while living on government assistance is the evidence ofgood living
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:18am On Apr 03, 2008
The Jackal:

@ Nwando,

What do u give y'all prisoners? I heard there is a Sheriff in Arizona that feeds Prisoners on expired foods.
Your appaling ways of handling issues will amke Idi Amin green with envy. grin cheesy

If they were human beings, they wouldnt be there in the first place.

Dont know how you can brag about your prisoners playing video games. Using your paycheck to sit and play games for commiting a crime. At least we are nice enough to help most of them get GEDs, etc but we still make sure they remember that they are not supposed to LIKE prison, you are boasting about playing Tekken 4. Shameless! tongue
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by 4Play(m): 12:19am On Apr 03, 2008
I agree with Rev Wright jaremake RichyBlack no see this grin The country that gave us the KKK,Jim Crow and lynchings.

More than 50 years after the UK abolished slavery and made it an integral part of its foreign policy to use its Navy to end slavery,these Yanks were still enslaving people.How sad cry

A combination of expensive health insurance and an ever-increasing rate of obesity appear to be behind a startling fall by the US in the world rankings of life expectancy.

Despite being one of the richest countries in the world, America has dropped from 11th to 42nd place in 20 years, according to official US figures.

The lack of health care available to many Americans - 45 million have no health insurance - is set to be one of the biggest issues in next year's presidential election campaign. The Democratic contenders all promise universal health care.

The decline reflects the disparity in wealth.The life expectancy of African Americans is 73.3 compared with 77.9 for whites. For African-American males, it is even shorter: 69.8.Countries with longer life expectancy include most of Europe, Japan, Singapore and Jordan.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/aug/13/usa.ewenmacaskill
Where is Nwando and her its all rosy down here? except for some with thousands of dollars in hospital bills
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2008
nwando:

Now we know why y'all hop onto virgin atlantic with a polythene bag full of "milky way" for your folks and call it a gift. grin
Who wants to receive a packet of bazooka joe from his beloved son who's been in London for 10 years

It's your taxes.
Keep providing them with Xboxes,I'm sure some of y'all would rather be in prison grin

Seems like it.

Lmao milkyway. grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by eldee(m): 12:20am On Apr 03, 2008
nollywood movies a sign of good standard of living?
see you, u don't understand, pips in naija buy thm for bout one pound, we just record them while watching our EPL matches grin
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 03, 2008
Imani:

Would those perpertrators be Nigerians by any chance? grin That proves the point " you can take the Nigerian out of Nigeria but you can't take Nigeria out of the Nigerian?, Hope you catch my drift!!! Nigerians will be Nigerians whichever part of the world they reside. There are "juju" in America too, oh i forget, you guys know nothing "outside" your district/state. grin

i did not mention that America does not have juju o. . .i just would not know abt it. . yes you're right. . i'd rather not know about juju inside or outside of my state/district. . if that's what you meant. . .

and no hon, i "heard", it was the citizens of UK killing the supposedly deported nigerians. . see how stories get carried by the winds, and at each drift the stories change?
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by TheJackal1(m): 12:22am On Apr 03, 2008
@ 4Him,

Nollywood movies are expensive here.
So having em plus 50 foreign movie channels is a PLUS.
I don't have to go to African video clubs to entertain JJCs from Nigeria. grin cheesy grin

@ Nwando,

Don't hate the UK. . . . . .The whole system is working.
We dont feed our prisoners expired foods and cage em up in tent jails where temperature sometimes top 100 degrees Farenheit.
It will take America 300 years to match Britain in efficiency.
Re: United States Of America Vs United Kingdom by Dreloaded(f): 12:22am On Apr 03, 2008
4Play, dont even play yourself

abolishing slavery in the UK hasnt stopped the racism and please dont even TRY to deny a good majority of white Brits are bloody neo nazi racists

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25)

Woman Returns N12 Million Naira She Found At MM Aiport Toilet / United Nigeria Airline Arrives Enugu With Dikeora On Board / 5 Countries That Don't Want You To Visit Them (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.