Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? (15377 Views)

Some Things You Need To Know About Your Partner Before Getting Engaged! / Teens Dating; Before You Say Yes / Getting Engaged @19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by chikeorji123(m): 8:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
ogahope:
Did u understand d question or u are nt married?

I clearly understand the question it's says DATING BEFORE GETTING ENGAGED HOW LONG?..right.? then my answer is date her atleats 8goddam months which is enough to understand each other then within that two goddam years propose & settle down finally..2yrs plus..anything more than this split with immediate effect!!.. hope u get my point?...
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by chikeorji123(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
ogahope:
Did u understand d question or u are nt married?

I clearly understand the question it's says DATING BEFORE GETTING ENGAGED HOW LONG?..right.? then my answer is date her atleats 8goddam months which is enough to understand each other then before getting to two goddam years propose & settle down finally..anything more than this split with immediate effect!!.. hope u get my point?...next pls!
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Eben2: 8:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
She finally accepted my pleas for love on November 28, 1998 and we got married on November 15, 2008 that's 9 years, 11 months and 18 days. Gud... I've never been happier; I married my best friend!

1 Like

Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by nikkypearl(f): 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
ayando:
wat is ur fb id? U dont nid to accept. Let c or upload it here.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Dkleena: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
1 month b4 he popped d quest. I am a very happy woman. He is a blessing
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Osas001: 10:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ask 2Baba how long he dated Annie before he finally put a ring 2 her fingers, since u guys re going to be spending d rest of ur life together, its not how short of time u dated or not, what's destined to be will be..

Bt nice topic!
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Ajoke799(f): 10:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
7 years, stil up 2date.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by ashmanpolo: 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Omo na to open fresh thread for nikkypearl head o
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Jimmybee(f): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
Black Pen15:
Family section ke...Are they married yet?

Back to topic...I've been dating my girl for 7 years now. Planning to propose after Nigeria wins the world cup.
Ha! Seun get pple 4 dis place.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Chidoxyl(m): 12:03am On Mar 22, 2013
We met in 1999, started dating in 2000, but lost contact same 2000. Met again in 2005, with both of us at d time in another relationship dat later capsized like d Titanic. Commenced round 2 of our dating in 2007, got engaged in early 2011 & finally got married in d later month of 2011. Now has a glorious son. This is our story, dis is our song! Watch out 4 more!! Coming your way soon!!!
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:12am On Mar 22, 2013
patholaw: wen u dey beat boiz grin or have u 4gotten wat u post in dat naughty tinz u did topic?
grin grin grin Stalker!!!!
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2013
Hilarious thread!
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by sweetgala(m): 1:54am On Mar 22, 2013
nbright: Venue for the reception... Interested in the rice and meat... Maybe some drinks too (soft o)

Abeg send me too invite
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by browncool(m): 3:04am On Mar 22, 2013
chikeorji123: Minimun of 8months..then maximun 2years..anything more than this the lady or the guy should split immediately...to create vacancy for someone more serious..
I dated mine for 1 month and I proposed to her and she accepted and marriage took place after 10months and she has been the best woman I have ever wanted in my entire life and this happened in 2010. I didn't needed to think twice she wasn't the one when I saw her at first site, I knew deep down in my heart she truly was
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Nobody: 4:42am On Mar 22, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yearite! Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! grin grin grin
It's like u watch judge Judy always
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by blessed4ever: 4:52am On Mar 22, 2013
1 Corinthians 2:14 ('But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned') and in 2 Corinthians 4:3,4 ('But if our gospel be hid,it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them'). I equally argued like you are doing till I repented and gave my life to Christ, then I began to understand the scriptures by the Spirit of God. The Pharisees & Sadducees also argued the Words of Christ because they want to be justified in their sin.

The Solution is repentance and salvation.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by blessed4ever: 4:52am On Mar 22, 2013
Read.
Mathew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
1Pe 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
1Peter 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Hebrew 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
No sinner can enter into heaven.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by summyvic: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2013
apache77: 2006 - 2012..is dat 7years? Or 6?
do ur small arithmetic well.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 22, 2013
Ain't women such lying m'fukers. I have a boyfriend meanwhile congi wan kill them. I have a husband when nobody has ever even proposed to them. It baffles me why girls over here lie so much and live false lives. Pathetic. What will it cost nikkyspearl to be honest. Who impresses faceless people? Only someone with very low self esteem.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by mane4(m): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2013
Excuse d diversion. That Nikkipearl 'person' was certainly sleeping with her boss. Read between d lines. Na during office hours she learn about everytin for d man life,proposed SouthAfrica parols (means e don tey), and how come he has lots of her pictures ON HIS PHONE?. Abeg make una 4get dis "pathological liar". I pity her husband.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by chinwewale: 7:48am On Mar 22, 2013
LMAOgrin
huni_naija: We've been dating for a year, planning to propose to him soon! kiss
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by nbright: 8:28am On Mar 22, 2013
mane4: Excuse d diversion. That Nikkipearl 'person' was certainly sleeping with her boss. Read between d lines. Na during office hours she learn about everytin for d man life,proposed SouthAfrica parols (means e don tey), and how come he has lots of her pictures ON HIS PHONE?. Abeg make una 4get dis "pathological liar". I pity her husband.
Or husband to be...
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by nwgoziri(m): 8:31am On Mar 22, 2013
nikkypearl: Eight years!
good una go knw unaself wala
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by kiwi5: 9:11am On Mar 22, 2013
I dey come make i ask am,i don 4get sef. grin
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by rezzy: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2013
mechummy: Abeg make una send me IV for Owambe tinz. I promise to buy asoebigringringrin
Ok, when i'm ready, i will alert you
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by luq4u(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2013
By 2050
Black Pen15:

Back to topic...I've been dating my girl for 7 years now. Planning to propose after Nigeria wins the world cup.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by fejiroi(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2013
there has never been a time duration of dating before getting married.it's a personal thing in the sense that,it depends on when ever u are preapared n feels the person is the right one and you have made up ur mind about setteling down,then u can get married.
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by toskut(m): 1:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
7months
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
rezzy:
Ok, when i'm ready, i will alert you
cheesy
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by michtob(m): 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Black Pen15:

Ur waitin go pass Metuselah. World Cup mi foot
Re: Dating Before Getting Engaged: How Long? by michtob(m): 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
rezzy: We were good friends for 10 months, dated for 7 months after which he proposed, presently in courtship say 6 months now, did introduction this feb, undergoing marriage counselling now...... You know my fiance na pastor and he is following church protocols. I don tired to wait oooo, hope he is not reading this?

hummmm... Are you sure you're ready for dis He's "following church protocols". U'll be mummy pastor soon. U better get use to it. Don't worry. I won't tell him if he's not reading dis sha....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ways To Identify A Girl With High Body Count / This Is What Happens When A White Man Marries A Busty Black Woman((pictures!!)) / A Nairaland Member Having A Good Time With His Lover Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.