Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? (12819 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals / Public Or Private Marriage Proposals: Which Do Ladies Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by nbright: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2013
patholaw: No time 2 propose oh...na 2 give her belle den she park cum dey live with u...na marriage be dat oh...
so the toasting na im be the proposal?.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2013
IMO, A public proposal simply pressures the woman into saying "yes". With emotions running high both persons risk making a bad decision. If they calmly discuss the matter in private, they will have a better understanding of whether or not marriage is in their best interest.

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Ijawboi(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2013
Reminds me off the movie *ZOO KEEPER*

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by patholaw: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2013
nbright: so the toasting na im be the proposal?.
na so oh... wink
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by nekaa(f): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Biggyd2: This video is a bit different. Lady threatens to break off from her boyfriend (mid air!)for pushing her off a cliff. grin grin grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Iuv__-nyO1M#!

Daredevil Creighton Baird spent 45 minutes coaxing Powell to the edge of a narrow canyon in Utah in hopes ofembarking on a terrifying rope swing.She failed to muster up the courage. So he just shoved her off.Then she mustered the courage to break up with him mid-fall.In the video of this event, Powell can be heard letting out a series of terrified screams before yelling “I’m breaking upwith you!” Baird fell over laughing.Not as much later when he realized she was serious.This was part of a series of videos shot by cinematographer Devin Graham, who says Jessica Powell later thankedBaird for giving her the push.“She came up and gave him a big hug and thanked him,” Graham claims. "They did break up, but it had nothing to dowith getting pushed off the rope swing. sure"
http://www.scribd.com/doc/128234642/Boyfriend-Pushes-Girlfriend-Off-Cliff-Gets-Dumped-in-Mid-Fall
nice..

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by nekaa(f): 10:53am On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by babadey(m): 10:54am On Mar 20, 2013
gluv01: lol...It's embarrasing for some girls because they'll make you feel important but have someone else who they love.

Be very sure that we love you before you propose in public o. grin

Why should a lady do that?... To make a guy fall in love and having ₪ö intention to catch him,WHY?...but when a guy does that,you ladies are quick to say "all guys are the same"

Public proposal aint my thing,I call it "showing-off". 9ja guys are coping the westerners now,trying to be romantic fully knowing we are romanTHICK.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Orikinla(m): 11:00am On Mar 20, 2013
[size=18pt]1. Take her to the beach and build a sand castle and hiding it from her, plant the ring in the sand castle and then tell her that you have a special gift for her hidden in the sand castle. She will be curious to find out and as she finds the ring, ask her to marry you.

2. Or tell her to close her eyes at the beach and write WILL YOU MARRY ME? in the sand in front of her. Then tell her to open her eyes.

If she truly loves you, she will say YES.
Girls or women only reject the marriage proposals of the guys they don't love.

I have had the experiences of babes asking me, WILL YOU MARRY ME?
I did not say YES and I did not say NO.
I always jokingly skip committing myself.
I thank God I did not marry the two young women I almost married many years ago.
I would have missed the love of my life.

Any in every relationship or marriage proposal, LOOK VERY WELL BEFORE YOU LEAP.
Never propose out of lust.

It can take you 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years and even 20 years to find your true life partner.

PLEASE, DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THOSE FAKE SINGLE AND MARRIED PASTORS WHO CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THEIR OWN MARRIAGES PREACHING "SPIRIT OF LATE MARRIAGE".
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE "SPIRIT OF LATE MARRIAGE".
IT IS NOT IN ANY BIBLE OR KORAN.
THEY HAVE MADE FORTUNES FROM THE IGNORANCE OF DESPERATE SINGLES IN NIGERIA.

MARRY ONLY WHEN YOU ARE MATURE AND SECURE ENOUGH TO START A FAMILY.
IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO START A FAMILY, PLEASE I BEG YOU AS I ALWAYS DO, DON'T MARRY AND BRING INNOCENT CHILDREN TO SUFFER IN THIS WORLD.
NO CHILD ASKED TO BE BORN POOR.
THE MOST EVIL AND WICKED THING IS TO HAVE A CHILD IN POVERTY.

Marriage is a life sentence for better for worse.
AND IT IS NOT BY FORCE.
IF YOU WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN EARLY, THERE ARE ENOUGH CHILDREN BEGGING FOR ADOPTION IN THE ORPHANAGES.

It is better not to be married than be divorced.[/size]

15 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Chinwem(f): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2013
I think the African mans proposal is more like: "So when am I going to meet your parents?"
Or they start calling you 'nwunye m' and before you know it you re hooked cheesy
The ring will appear later

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by fitzmayowa: 11:13am On Mar 20, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]1. Take her to the beach and build a sand castle and hiding it from her, plant the ring in the sand castle and then tell her that you have a special gift for her hidden in the sand castle. She will be curious to find out and as she finds the ring, ask her to marry you.

2. Or tell her to close her eyes at the beach and write WILL YOU MARRY ME? in the sand in front of her. Then tell her to open her eyes.

I thank God I did not marry the two young women I almost married many years ago.

It can take you 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years and even 20 years to find your true life partner.

PLEASE, DON'T LISTEN TO ALL THOSE FAKE SINGLE AND MARRIED PASTORS WHO CANNOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS OF THEIR OWN MARRIAGES PREACHING "SPIRIT OF LATE MARRIAGE".

IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO START A FAMILY, PLEASE I BEG YOU AS I ALWAYS DO, DON'T MARRY AND BRING INNOCENT CHILDREN TO SUFFER IN THIS WORLD.

AND IT IS NOT BY FORCE.
IF YOU WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN EARLY, THERE ARE ENOUGH CHILDREN BEGGING FOR ADOPTION IN THE ORPHANAGES.

1000000 likes

3 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by saltysleek(m): 11:16am On Mar 20, 2013
funny[s][/s]
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by BizzieBoi(m): 11:20am On Mar 20, 2013
Hmmmn...am hungry o!
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by kalishay: 11:29am On Mar 20, 2013
Naija babes no the reject proposal especiall if there re glitters****MONEY***

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by chucky234(m): 11:32am On Mar 20, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Are we related? Abi ur sis na my clone ni? Hmmmm....i relate. wink grin
Why are you always in the middle of. Every controversies,so na you reject dat wey faint for Ozone cinema abi.
You nyash don open
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by chucky234(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2013
Caracta:
lol...have you experienced it before?
Idowuogbo is a heart breaker
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by chucky234(m): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2013
Guys who propose in public are the ones that lacks confidence,they always look forward to the crowd helping in persuading the girl to say "yes".

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 20, 2013
uj_sizzle:
That's emotional sabotage sad
cheesy
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Artistree: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]1. Take her to the beach and build a sand castle and hiding it from her, plant the ring in the sand castle and then tell her that you have a special gift for her hidden in the sand castle. She will be curious to find out and as she finds the ring, ask her to marry you.

AND IT IS NOT BY FORCE.

I love you...this is the best comment so far.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Tinkybabe(f): 12:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Public proposal isn't my thing. I hate it!
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
mysticgal: my cousin proposed to his girl at a party,in a big resturant,when he said will u marry me,all of us started screaming yes yes yes.and she agreed
Na www.waooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.com
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Caracta:
lol...have you experienced it before?
Gawd! U don't wanna no,Over experience dey worry Bado. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by nikkyshyne(f): 12:18pm On Mar 20, 2013
bigfat05: MY MARRIAGE CAN NOT FAIL IN JESUS NAME [size=15pt]ALL ENEMIES FALL DOWN AND DIE...[/size]
[size=15pt]DIE DIE grin[/size]
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by chucky234(m): 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2013
Artistree:
I love you...this is the best comment so far.
Love ke
You don dey use style propose for public abi
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by yoged(m): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2013
~vicky~:
IMO, A public proposal simply pressures the woman into saying "yes". With emotions running high both persons risk making a bad decision. If they calmly discuss the matter in private, they will have a better understanding of whether or not marriage is in their best interest.
well said
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by mysticgal(f): 12:42pm On Mar 20, 2013
optimus prime and donald,lols the don hang banner for major road,wine carrying though,shebi na easter,money go plenty.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nuzo1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Never been a fan of public proposal.

I feel it has more to do with show off, insecurity and indecisiveness.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by mko2005: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
I proposed to my wife on phone having collected her no.from a former school mate.She said she needs to see me before knowing whether to say yes or no. I traveled to see her and on arrival,SHE SAID YES !
Today we are happily married with a child.
God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Carius(m): 1:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kosigift:
Lmao! Perfect answer to a perfect deranged he-goat.
so he's now a "perfect deranged he-goat" for asking a girl he loves to marry himnothing wey person no go see for dis nairaland...mmttcchheeeeww
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Carius(m): 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kosigift:
Lmao! Perfect answer to a perfect deranged he-goat.
so he's now a "perfect deranged he-goat" for asking a girl he loves to marry himnothing wey person no go see for dis nairaland...mmttcchheeeeww angry angry
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Raypawer(m): 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2013
Caracta: I love the marriage proposal of Kelvin (Big Brother Africa). With the crowd cheering "yes", the girl couldn't have declined.

u go fear say warri babe (okpokumena) for reject am...
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Raypawer(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2013

AND IT IS NOT BY FORCE.

oh boy, na only God go bless u.

Marriage proposal pattern copied...

Ibeno beach, on ma mind..
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by moshoodn(m): 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2013
I hate public proposals...

Bulls or bears.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? / 18+ Picture: What Is Your Bad Habit? / Perverts In The Church? (my Experience).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.