Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? (12818 Views)

7 Common Reasons Why Ladies Say No To Marriage Proposals / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals / Public Or Private Marriage Proposals: Which Do Ladies Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2013
~vicky~:
IMO, A public proposal simply pressures the woman into saying "yes". With emotions running high both persons risk making a bad decision. If they calmly discuss the matter in private, they will have a better understanding of whether or not marriage is in their best interest.
Exactly. That's why I prefer private/intimate proposals. Because in a private proposal, chances are high that you're being pressured from all sides to say yes. He expects you to say yes, the people around expect you to say yes, you have a face to save, you have the face of your guy to save. You have to think through so many things in such a short amount of time. The emotions are crazy.

Private proposal tinz abeg. So that if you have to turn him down, nobody would know unless any of you decide to tell it out.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by oludayomi(f): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2013
Kassidy90: Never witness one except in nollywood movies bt am afraid to follow their footsteps.......
lol
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by eagleeye2: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
I have only proposed properly to only one girl with a ring, though we didn't end up together as man and wife. Since then, I am very cautious when it comes to proposing, public or private.
I think I will simply ask the right person when she wants me to come and meet her parents, after the formal introduction with a wine, we can now go out there and buy a ring.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Kosigift(f): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2013
Carius: so he's now a "perfect deranged he-goat" for asking a girl he loves to marry himnothing wey person no go see for dis nairaland...mmttcchheeeeww
. Did u just say love?? Ok oo buh if he was sensible @all, he wud have seen it coming.d way people open their mouth to spew dis "I want to marry u" tin is becoming sumtin else. Was he dat desperate? In barely 2 weeks! Ok oh
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by ZUBY77(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
It was my wife that proposed to me. Life will become beautiful when you understand that there is no single way to do anything. There are many ways to kill a rat. I got her pregnant and eliminated the proposal stuff. Now you see, she begged that i marry her.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2013
Caracta: My sister got proposed to at the cinema...after a friendship of barely TWO weeks. The guy knelt after the movie as people walked out, brought out a ring and asked her to marry him.

My sister shook her head, looked at him and said, "Like seriously? Do i know you? E be like say you don craze before"

With that, she walked out cursing in spanish.
na wetin she tell u b dat.... Lmao
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by fubbyy(m): 4:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
Why would I even proposed to a girl who was not mad for my proposal, for me to take such risk the girl must have been dying for my proposal

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by nenergy(m): 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
I cant watch the videos, but i've seen lots before. I'm amazed at how you can date someone for maybe 2 years and you walk out on him when he proposes? Maybe the ladies don't like the attention.
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
ZUBY77: It was my wife that proposed to me. Life will become beautiful when you understand that there is no single way to do anything. There are many ways to kill a rat. I got her pregnant and eliminated the proposal stuff. Now you see, she begged that i marry her.
badt guy
Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by free2ryhme: 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
why is it that all we hear is my friend,my sister , my cousin ... do u forbid good things? .. dem dey forbid to marry una undecided

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 21, 2013
When you propose in public to a girl that has been asking you in private to marry her, that is just a movie.

We all know the answer.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Marriage Proposals And Fails? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 21, 2013
victorazy:

The very truth!
I've seen it happen kokoro in Sheraton Hotel
My friend and I was celebrating our birthday (same month) he proposed his babe dat night but later in d week d babe told me she is not gona marry my friend but pity him not to turn his request dwn dat night because of celeb dat was around and weeks later, she dropped d ring.

Wise girl. A girl who rejects a public proposal should be as much ashamed as the guy who proposed. What on earth were you doing with this guy if you never loved him?! Maybe wasting his money and time. Smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is It With Nigerians And Their Obsession With South Africa And Ghana? / Perverts In The Church? (my Experience). / 18+ Picture: What Is Your Bad Habit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.