Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34284 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 7:27am On Mar 27, 2013
DaLover:
Iron ore in Itakpe, limestone in shagamu, obajana, tin in plateau...yet we all talk about oil...because I didn't plant it abi....

Until ur country stops operating on a foundation that denies the owners of the land rights to thie resources, all will not be well

Oh C'mon! how old are you again? Is anyone claiming to "own" those minerals aside the FGN?

Even if one is to allow you revel in your tomfoolery; Who is responsible for prospecting/issuing licenses? Who's duty is it to provide development and social amenities all-over the country? How much is the monthly allocation to Bayelsa vis-a-vis that of, say, Ekiti? What of CSR? NDDC?

The oil in the AND belongs to Nigeria, just like other resources spread all over the country.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Demdem(m): 7:36am On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia:

Oh C'mon! how old are you again? Is anyone claiming to "own" those minerals aside the FGN?

Even if one is to allow you revel in your tomfoolery; Who is responsible for prospecting/issuing licenses? Who's duty is it to provide development and social amenities all-over the country? How much is the monthly allocation to Bayelsa vis-a-vis that of, say, Ekiti? What of CSR? NDDC?

The oil in the ND belongs to Nigeria, just like other resources spread all over the country.

This is the unfortunate reality i have told dalover several times and he has refused to accept it. Its an arrangement i simply dont like but what the present structure requires. all i expect the retardeen to do is to begin the process of true federalism where each region will have overwhelming control over their resources. If the Otuoke man doesnt do it now, is it a mallam that will do it when he becomes the next leader?
If dalover cant ask his fellow tribesman to wake up and do the needful, then he should stop disturbing us on NL about this issue.
The retardeen is the leader of the killer party, the party that has overwhelming and majority number in the NASS. he should cajole, admonish and even blackmail them to enact laws that will ensure that true federalism is at play. That is a more proactive way than the lamentations of dalover online.
The question now is, IS HE READY TO DO SUCH?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem:

This is the unfortunate reality i have told dalover several times and he has refused to accept it. Its an arrangement i simply dont like but what the present structure requires. all i expect the retardeen to do is to begin the process of true federalism where each region will have overwhelming control over their resources. If the Otuoke man doesnt do it now, is it a mallam that will do it when he becomes the next leader?
If dalover cant ask his fellow tribesman to wake up and do the needful, then he should stop disturbing us on NL about this issue.
The retardeen is the leader of the killer party, the party that has overwhelming and majority number in the NASS. he should cajole, admonish and even blackmail to ensure that true federalism is at play.
The question now is, IS HE READY TO DO SUCH?

Touché. I am not a fan of the centralist system too. It encourages laziness, backwardness, loopsidedness and over derivation of some resources.

People just want to go to Abuja every month to collect allocation rather than generate revenue. So many resources left unexploited.

Touché again!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Demdem(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia:

Touché. I am not a fan of the centralist system too. It encourages laziness, backwardness, loopsidedness and over derivation of some resources.

People just want to go to Abuja every month to collect allocation rather than generate revenue. So many resources left unexploited.

Touché again!

It's unfortunate they go to Abuja for allocation but its simply not their fault. The laws of the land states such and it will even be criminal for any governor not to go. he is in no place to determine he won't go, its the people's constitutional right to get funds from the central govt that will be affected. Our present structure promotes and encourages this.
For example, no state have the right to explore any natural resources of theirs without recourse to the fg.
Enugu can't sell its coal outside to generate funds without fg sanctioning it and even at that all funds go straight first to the central pocket before disbursements.
The problem is the structure and not the people perse.
Let's go back to regional system of govt. The central is to big and utterly useless especially to the yearnings of the people and unfortunately has the biggest allocation.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 9:08am On Mar 27, 2013
Demdem:

It's unfortunate they go to Abuja for allocation but its simply not their fault. The laws of the land states such and it will even be criminal for any governor not to go. he is in no place to determine he won't go, its the people's constitutional right to get funds from the central govt that will be affected. Our present structure promotes and encourages this.
For example, no state have the right to explore any natural resources of theirs without recourse to the fg.
Enugu can't sell its coal outside to generate funds without fg sanctioning it and even at that all funds go straight first to the central pocket before disbursements.
The problem is the structure and not the people perse.
Let's go back to regional system of govt. The central is to big and utterly useless especially to the yearnings of the people and unfortunately has the biggest allocation.

The less power you have in the centre, the more likely it is that regions/states will be productive. More employment would be generated since the resources of states will now focus on self-sustenance.

And finally, it puts the people's destinies in their hands, such that the development and enhancement of a region and it's people lies squarely on their shoulders, such that the unceasing cries of marginalisation will end.

If GEJ cannot do it, who will? Considering this has been the cry of most SS people.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jpphilips(m): 9:38am On Mar 27, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.

very convenient to mortgage common sense, GEJ has done more wrongs than the people before him. and why would he commit more when his mission was to fix?
why will obasanjo a crook send Alams to jail and GEJ coronate him?

we don't want leaders who will cleanse Nigeria of old deeds we just want sane people to pilot our present affairs, obviously, GEJ is far from that.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jpphilips(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2013
kokoA: It is only in Nigeria that a man who performed poorly as a governor of the smallest state (with lots of monies as oil royalty) in the country is voted in as a president.. Our leaders have their problem, but the citizens are worse.

Nigeria has the highest population of insane citizens, a country where shrinks (psychologists) are jobless, when you drive on the streets you see pure madness at display, when you open your windows you hear madness everywhere. at work We see total madness viz a viz "oga at the top", in churches, Nigerians pray for magic viz a viz "double blessing", "shooting favor", "explosive break through" "back to sender" etc yet he or she has not done anything in the works, in schools, abound.
How do you expect leaders of mad people to be sane?

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jpphilips(m): 10:18am On Mar 27, 2013
mjconcept: It pains me when Nigerians insult Nigeria,now let me ask a question, what have you done for Nigeria? We choose to compare Nigeria with the USA, BRITAIN RUSSIA, those countries are way too developed even before we got independence, and we keep dreaming and refuse to bring it in reality, I am ashamed of the level of stup!dity some empty brian display here.

Does Independence determine the level of development of a country? if not go and educate yourself for your own good so that your children will not inherit your ignorant gene.

how does the underdevelopment of Nigeria affect the conscienceless of its leaders? if not, again, feel sorry for yourself.

King george as powerful as he was in 1774 slammed his colonies with heavy taxes, those colonies united and fought his robust army and that move gave birth to an independent United States of America.

Listen again, The Nigerian populace are sub humans as such they encourage, produce and support insane leaders, i wont be wrong to say you are one of them. if the mental deficit in the Average Nigerian is replaced, i am confident they will produce sane leaders for now, the likes of Jonathan are role models when likened to the ones on the street.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia:

The less power you have in the centre, the more likely it is that regions/states will be productive. More employment would be generated since the resources of states will now focus on self-sustenance.

And finally, it puts the people's destinies in their hands, such that the development and enhancement of a region and it's people lies squarely on their shoulders, such that the unceasing cries of marginalisation will end.

If GEJ cannot do it, who will? Considering this has been the cry of most SS people.

Everybody says they do not want centralization, but when push comes to shove they act otherwise...such a deceitful bunch...
Nigerdelta oil is being used to subsidize everything in nigeria, from your PMS to the running of ur states...
A simple attempt to remove the subsidy on PMS is what has generated so much haterade for the man, if he decides to push for states to to be fully sustained by their internally generated revenue and taxes, I wonder what would happen...
I keep drawing our minds back to the constitution conference organized by OBJ, where the west and north, insisted on remaining parasites to other parts of the country. It ended p with the SS and SE walking out, lead by Chief Clark.

Deep down in our honest self, u really can't see a future without oil, and feel you wold be lost without it.

You claim poor leadership over the years is the reason why I am complaining this way...but I would like to let you know that the reason for the poor leadership is the corrupt system of denying minorities their resources and sharing it across the country.
This is the main reason why we are where we are...the curse we placed on our selves.

The
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2013
DaLover:

Everybody says they do not want centralization, but when push comes to shove they act otherwise...such a deceitful bunch...
Nigerdelta oil is being used to subsidize everything in nigeria, from your PMS to the running of ur states...

I might stop replying you sir. I can't understand why an adult will be so puerile, your being paranoid is understandable though.

"NigerDelta oil"? The Nigerian constitution says the oil belongs to all Nigerians, ditto the Tin in Jos.

simple attempt to remove the subsidy on PMS is what has generated so much haterade for the man, if he decides to push for states to to be fully sustained by their internally generated revenue and taxes, I wonder what would happen...

OMG. The more you type, they more lipsrsealed The "subsidy" (as fictitious as I know it is) removal would have benefited whom? NigerDeltans? SMH

You simply admitted Jonah has no ballz.

I keep drawing our minds back to the constitution conference organized by OBJ, where the west and north, insisted on remaining parasites to other parts of the country. It ended p with the SS and SE walking out, lead by Chief Clark.

Deep down in our honest self, u really can't see a future without oil, and feel you wold be lost without it.

LMAO. Nigeria was a prosperous country before 1956. Nuff said.

You claim poor leadership over the years is the reason why I am complaining this way...but I would like to let you know that the reason for the poor leadership is the corrupt system of denying minorities their resources and sharing it across the country.
This is the main reason why we are where we are...the curse we placed on our selves.

The

The society may fail us, but we should try not to fail ourselves. Stop failing yourself.

"Denying minorities their resources"? The constitution says all resources found in the geographic location named "Nigeria" belongs to all Nigerians! If you want it otherwise, amend the constitution. Till then, quit being a child.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia:

I might stop replying you sir. I can't understand why an adult will be so puerile, your being paranoid is understandable though.

"NigerDelta oil"? The Nigerian constitution says the oil belongs to all Nigerians, ditto the Tin in Jos.

OMG. The more you type, they more lipsrsealed The "subsidy" (as fictitious as I know it is) removal would have benefited whom? NigerDeltans? SMH

You simply admitted Jonah has no ballz.

The society may fail us, but we should try not to fail ourselves. Stop failing yourself.

"Denying minorities their resources"? The constitution says all resources found in the geographic location named "Nigeria" belongs to all Nigerians! If you want it otherwise, amend the constitution. Till then, quit being child.

Pls stop replying me if u wish to, i am not forcing you to,
If you are not sharp enuf to know that the root cause of corruption we are experiencing is the system you strongly advocate for but pretend to be against..then there nothing I or anyone can do about ur case..

You have come here to shout that leadership in the country is corrupt, not progressive and all sorts,
When I point out the root cause of the problem, you back it up with constitution, and say I have to change the constitution to change the root cause of ur problem, meanwhile you are not willing to change the system, I say so because of the posture of those of us from the SW and North who feel hat the country must keep doing the same thing(corruptly denying minorities their resources) but want a different result.

Just imagine how different the SW or any other section of the country would be if the governors and citizens had to put on their thinking caps to create wealth, but this can never happen as long as you insist on an unjust system, God will continue to punish Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by seunajia: 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2013
^^ embarassed Guy get help.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia:

Check this out, further confirming that Devine punishment is being visited upon this country for unjustly treating the Nigerdeltans,
Nigeria was not really a prosperous country as you tried to lie, but was making steady progress in the right direction....
Until after the civil war when Awolowo (formally a strong proponent of resource control) and Gowon decided to nationalise oil from the nigerdelta, stripping the indigenous communities of their rights.
What has become of nigeria ever since?
YOu may not be intelligent enuf to understand what I am preaching, but in summary...the law of karma will always ensure cheating you visit on others comes around to get you...
Remember how he U.S sponsored muhajadeen in Afghanistan in the 70's and 80's, remember 9-11..

Stop hiding behind the constitution, what is wrong is wrong, constitution or not, if the entire masses of SW and North decide to stop this cheating of the SS, then they might also just free Nigeria of the cause of underdevelopment.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by DaLover(m): 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
seunajia: ^^ embarassed Guy get help.

I have already told you were the root source of ur problem is, but if u feel u can only ejacuIate after attacking GEJ, go ahead and impeach!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by nduchucks: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
Where were these lazy Ingrates when we supported them with Ground nut and Cocoa proceeds?

We sacrificed all the pyramids for these lazy souls, yet they are talking cap. Abeg make una no make me vex.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Demdem(m): 11:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Dalover with his pointless views. He just don't want to wake to present reality. Even the retardeen in his daft state will always tell u that that oil belongs to Nigeria. Who are u to tell us otherwise?
Until him and his cohorts enacts laws that will make the federating states/regions much more responsible to themselves and being able to control their resources, that ffucking oil will be suck dry by all and sundry.
Channel ur energy to the retardeen who has the powers to do wonders with it now because when an Aboki becomes President soon (and surely they will) I personally will call u dalover an hypocrite if I hear resource control calls from u.
Now is the time for the retardeen to make sure that oil strictly belongs to ND.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Demdem(m): 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2013
The next question we should ask ourselves is what specific steps has the retardeen being the president And c-in-C taken towards acheiving true federalism structural wise? In my opinion, NONE. What was close to it in my opinion was his tenure elongation which fell flat on his face.
This simply suggest a selfish man ok with the current structure. Speaks volume from an ND man.
Nonsense. Who is deceiving who?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by trillville(m): 4:49am On Mar 28, 2013
DaLover:

I have already told you were the root source of ur problem is, but if u feel u can only ejacuIate after attacking GEJ, go ahead and impeach!

There Is no sense in defending Gej over this resource control matter. You may be right when you say nigeria is under a curse because of the daylight robbery by the fg of Niger delta resources.

What I do not understand is, do you think that the ND will not pay taxes to the federal government even if there is full resource control?

With or without resource control, a large chunk of revenue from the ND oil resources will always go to the federal government. This should explain to you why income from the groundnut pyramids and cocoa houses were used during the period of regional governance in Nigeria to build the refineries.

The only difference resource control would bring to the ND today is that the non ND military men and business people who own oil wells and are major players in the industry will be stripped off their stolen wealth and the oil wells will be given over to ND's to manage. Nigerian's from all works of life, from the ND and outside the ND have called on Gej to revoke the oil licenses given to other regions of the country, but what has Gej done? Nothing.

My biggest disappointment is in Gej's unwillingness to revoke the oil licenses and give it back to ND's. Are the commoners in the north benefitting from the oil wells owners in their region? No. So what difference would it make to the commoner in the north if ownership of the oil wells switch hands.

Do you realize that this non ND oil well owners are the same people Gej's administration is selling our national treasures like PHCN to. Once the PIB is passed, these same people will buy up the refineries, that is they are now diversifying their streams of income. Most of These people did not do jack to get their oil wells yet they have enriched themselves off the backs of the ND and at the same time added to the environmental degradation of the ND, yet Gej doesn't seem TO GIVE A DAMN.

My friend you need to start thinking and throw away your tribalistic sentimental views, Gej is messing up big time and his time may be running out.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by PEREP: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2013
jerseyboy:
GEJ bought those ambulances. GEJ bought those presidential Jets. GEJ is building that 2 billion party house. GEJ allowed his wife to organise African first ladies jamboree and now 4 billion secretariat. GEJ pardoned Alami.GEJ travels with that 400 man entourage abroad. That is the problem. Leadership style matters as much as substance.

PS. And I am no a Jonathan hater. You might even say I am a sympathiser. The news is just bad bro
When were the ambulances bought to be very affirmative in your post? GEJ building party secretariat where? Is the secretariat for a new party he wants to float or that of PDP? 400 man entourage Please give us the manifest. It is beyond imagination to think the African First ladies movement has no effect in affecting positively many social services on the continent of Africa.
What is the population of UAE compared to the resources ar their disposal.? What is the per capital income in Naija to keep insinuating we are very rich.
GEJ might have his issues but these are very outrageous LIES about the President and I wish the writer Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by anulaxad(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2013
PEREP:
When were the ambulances bought to be very affirmative in your post? GEJ building party secretariat where? Is the secretariat for a new party he wants to float or that of PDP? 400 man entourage Please give us the manifest. It is beyond imagination to think the African First ladies movement has no effect in affecting positively many social services on the continent of Africa.
What is the population of UAE compared to the resources ar their disposal.? What is the per capital income in Naija to keep insinuating we are very rich.
GEJ might have his issues but these are very outrageous LIES about the President and I wish the writer Goodluck.

PER CAPITA INCOME IS
HOW MUCH AN ORDINARY FAMILY EARNS THROUGH GOVERNMENT MONEY IN A COUNTRY .OBVIOUSLY THAT'S LOW IN NIGERIA, ILLITERATE.

THAT DOES NOT DETERMINE HOW RICH A COUNTRY IS BUT HOW SOCIALLY DEVELOPED AND CARING THE GOVERNMENT AND COUNTRY IS.

LIES,YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE LYING YOU FUCKKKINGRETARD.

I WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW I AM AN ECONOMIST,AND I HAVE STUDIED NIGERIANS FOR AN EXTREMELY LONG TIME NOW.THERE SO USELESS
AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN WORSE THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY'RE RIGHT,TOO MUCH PRIDE AND ARROGANCE ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT'S REALLY DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY.

NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY THAT CAN DEVELOP ITSELF IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS OR AT LEAST REACH THE CLOSEST TARGET OF NEWLY INDUSTRIALIZED WITH JUST THE OIL AND GAS PROFITS ALONE.IMAGINE HOW MUCH THEY CAN EARN THROUGH THE OTHER RESOURCES THEY STILL TAKE OUT OF THE GROUND AND DOES THEY HAVE DARED DISCOVERED.

MY POINT IS PEOPLE NEED TO JUST STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
anulaxad:

PER CAPITA INCOME IS
HOW MUCH AN ORDINARY FAMILY EARNS THROUGH GOVERNMENT MONEY IN A COUNTRY .OBVIOUSLY THAT'S LOW IN NIGERIA, ILLITERATE.

THAT DOES NOT DETERMINE HOW RICH A COUNTRY IS BUT HOW SOCIALLY DEVELOPED AND CARING THE GOVERNMENT AND COUNTRY IS.

LIES,YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE LYING YOU FUCKKKINGRETARD.

I WOULD LIKE TO LET YOU KNOW I AM AN ECONOMIST,AND I HAVE STUDIED NIGERIANS FOR AN EXTREMELY LONG TIME NOW.THERE SO USELESS
AND TO MAKE THINGS EVEN WORSE THEY ALWAYS THINK THEY'RE RIGHT,TOO MUCH PRIDE AND ARROGANCE ITS ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT'S REALLY DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY.

NIGERIA IS A COUNTRY THAT CAN DEVELOP ITSELF IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS OR AT LEAST REACH THE CLOSEST TARGET OF NEWLY INDUSTRIALIZED WITH JUST THE OIL AND GAS PROFITS ALONE.IMAGINE HOW MUCH THEY CAN EARN THROUGH THE OTHER RESOURCES THEY STILL TAKE OUT OF THE GROUND AND DOES THEY HAVE DARED DISCOVERED.

MY POINT IS PEOPLE NEED TO JUST STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.
Are you sure you read the post you responded to very well? Pls do that and respond appropriately.

Where has all your overrated knowledege landed you, MR OMNISCIENT ECONOMIST?
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by anulaxad(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
dougivilla: Are you sure you read the post you responded to very well? Pls do that and respond appropriately.

Where has all your overrated knowledege landed you, MR OMNISCIENT ECONOMIST?

shut up,i will not allow an evil wickedly heart fellow like yourself and that inhumane person who lies behind that distressing op,to tell me i am wrong,i care for my country and the millions who suffer every day,and if someone like you and that other one wants to come here and defend mr.evilthan you go do that, but may i warn you do not ever confront me and tell me i am responding or talking in a distressful manner fuuckingggasshole, espicially if i have not confronted your stupid ass.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2013
anulaxad:

shut up,i will not allow an evil wickedly heart fellow like yourself and that inhumane person who lies behind that distressing op,to tell me i am wrong,i care for my country and the millions who suffer every day,and if someone like you and that other one wants to come here and defend mr.evilthan you go do that, but may i warn you do not ever confront me and tell me i am responding or talking in a distressful manner fuuckingggasshole, espicially if i have not confronted your stupid ass.
You still have not made any sense dude. this write up is even less sensible. Professor of Economist are you on a law of diminishing (brain) returns? Just respond to the questions he asked!
and for the threat, need I remind you that you cannot do more than a hanging pant? I can tell you all I want.

I will rather fear boko haram that talks less and bombs more, than you that hides behind your cheap nokia phone with free etisalat MB to write nonesense and cannot carry your senseless rantings beyond NL. *NauGHtyProFeSSor*
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by tomakint: 3:49pm On Apr 07, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

He also declared his assets publicly as vice president;

The Vice president Goodluck Jonathan yesterday capitulated to public pressure over the public declaration of his assets as done by his boss, President Umaru Yaradua as he made public his assets declaration to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The assets which were made public by the senior Special Assistant to the Vice president on Media and Public Affairs, Ima Niboro indicates that the value of the Vice president total assets and cash in banks stands at N295,304,420.

This is about N561, 148,472 less than the assets declare by President Umaru Yar’Adua who declared his total assets to be at the value of N856,452,892.

Mr. Iniboro said the vice president’s decision to make public his assets declaration was to show that ‘there is nothing to hide’.

He added that the vice president is ‘a firm believer in the rule of law and this has guided his conduct in office through the years.

“It is this belief that also guided his position that having declared his assets for a total of seven times, there was no point in going further to publish the declaration” he noted

The vice president’s aide regretted that the position of the vice president not to make public his assets declaration had ‘generated an unfortunate storm, which is not only distractive but also quite unnecessary. We are worried that some newspapers and citizens we hold in high esteem have joined the fray.

“This merely shows that in the affairs of man, there comes a time when even the law must take a second place and the public mood must define our actions. To The Vice president, this is such a time, hence the choice to send you a copy of his declaration for publication” he said.

advertisement

In the assets declaration made public yesterday, it indicated that the vice president submitted his assets declaration before Justice Muktar Dodo of the Abuja high court on 30th May 2007, a day after the oath of office and oath of allegiance was administered on him.

A break down of the assets of the vice president indicates that he has four buildings located in Yenegoa, Abuja and his home town in Ogbia, Bayelsa state.

The Vice president said he owns a five bedroom Duplex in Gwarimpa 11, Abuja which was acquired in 2003 through loan and is valued at N24,990,000 while another Seven Bedroom Duplex, which he described as Village personal Home is located at Otuoke in Ogbia Local government area of Bayelsa state. It is valued at the cost of N18,000, 000 and was acquired through ‘savings and gifts in Kind.

The last of the Vice president’s residential buildings are the Four bedroom Duplex acquired in 2003 through ‘savings and gift in Kind’ in the Kpansia area of Yenegoa. The value of the building, he said is N15,000,000. The last Building is the extended Family house in Yenegoa which he said is a four flat storey Building acquired between 2003 and 2007 through savings. The value of the property is put at N10,000,000.

Under vacant and undeveloped plots, the vice president stated as follows: 1032.50 square meter of land located at Onopa Yenegoa and valued at N3,098.00. Plot 2C, 374 Low density Area Yenegoa allocated by the bayelsa state government and valued at N150,000. 2760.00 square meter plot at cadastral Zone BO2, Durumi, Abuja allocated by the federal Capital Development Authority and valued at N5,578,540. One Parcel of farm Land at Otuoke Ogbia acquired through inheritance and estimated at the value of N50,000,000.

Plot Medium Density in Yenegoa allocated by the Federal Ministry of Works and housing the value of which he said is N1550.00

Plot 29, Low density Area Plot in Yenegoa allocated by the Bayelsa state government the value of which is put at N4,908. While the last undeveloped plot owned by the vice president is plot 2246 Cadastral Zone A06, Abuja the value of which he put at N4, 800,000. It was allocated by the Federal Capital development Authority, FCDA

The Vice president’s investment in stocks which is being managed by City Code Investment Company is as follows.

S/No Name of Stock Number Of Shares Value As At 5/25/07
1 CADBURY PLC 8,666 N264,313
2 FLOUR MILLS PLC 8,466 N635,119.32
3 GUINESS NIG. PLC 6,395 N796,177.50
4 UNILEVER 18,750 N337,500
5 UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC 23,466 N727,446
6 FIDELITY BANK PLC 33,333 N296,663.70
7 UBA PLC 180,000 N6,838,200
8 ACCESS BANK PLC 84,656 N1,635,553.92
9 CADBURY PLC 2,500 N76,250
10 UNION BANK PLC 716,109 N22,199,379
11 FIRST BANK PLC 20,000 N808,000
12 FLOUR MILLS PLC 13,333 N1,000,241.66
13 NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC 10,000 N363,000
14 BANK PHB PLC 866,666 N24,959,980.80
15 OANDO 15,125 N1,134,375
TOTAL 2,007,465 N62,072,200
Other investments include 4nos passenger boats for hiring which is valued at N5, 260,000. While the total cash in Nigerian banks being personal saving of salaries/allowances and income from his investments stands at N58, 984,123.

The vice president house holds utensils including generators, a BMW car valued at N15, 800,000, which he said was a gift; air conditioners, furniture, electronics and kitchen utensils is valued at N41,800,000.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os485.html
You are the son of your father my brother, big shame to HATERS! More power to your elbow cool
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by anulaxad(m): 6:46pm On Apr 07, 2013
dougivilla: You still have not made any sense dude. this write up is even less sensible. Professor of Economist are you on a law of diminishing (brain) returns? Just respond to the questions he asked!
and for the threat, need I remind you that you cannot do more than a hanging pant? I can tell you all I want.

I will rather fear boko haram that talks less and bombs more, than you that hides behind your cheap nokia phone with free etisalat MB to write nonesense and cannot carry your senseless rantings beyond NL. *NauGHtyProFeSSor*

Why don't you try make sense of it fuuucking illterate.

See this the main reason why i can't ever dream of living nigeria, because the level of stupidity will provoke me so badly that i'll feel like killing everyone.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2013
anulaxad:

See this the main reason why i can't ever dream of living nigeria, because the level of stupidity will provoke me so badly that i'll feel like killing everyone.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 3:59pm On Apr 08, 2013
anulaxad:

You want to force me to make sense out of nonesense? Who cares which country u are or which hole you reside in?

Murderer, hw many people have you killed in your entire miserable existence. Address the simple issues.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Aliyu Abubakar Musa As New Chief Personal Security Officer / Zulum Meets Families Of Slain Officers, Visits The Injured In Hospital (pics) / Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.