Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley (34268 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / President Goodluck Jonathanshould Be Impeached - Joel Brinkley Of The LA Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 26, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
DREAMING AND OBVIOUSLY FARTING.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by moneyhungry(m): 7:42am On Mar 26, 2013
ifihearam:

You are comparing a lady who fell off a bike with the office of the president? There are certain things in this country that is associated with the office. Ohh so you expect the president to keep record of medical ambulances at his disposal abi? Show me on president on earth without these and I will show you a liar. Abeg make unu do better things with unu time jare.

Please bear till 2019.
nothing funny.
u be confirm iti boribo!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by camelus: 7:43am On Mar 26, 2013
Hello Mr Joel Brinkley, Kindly do the Diplomatic work there by telling Washington & UN to split Nigeria for us cos the foundation in which Nigeria was found/formed is CORRUPT.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 7:56am On Mar 26, 2013
JUST TO DIGRESS A BIT,EVER SINCE NANADI DASUKI WAS APPOINTED NATIONAL SECURITY ADVICER REPLACING THE SACKED AND LATE AZAZI (RIP) WHO NEVER HAD PEACE DURING HIS REIGN,BOKO HARAM ACTIVITIES HAVE NOT DECREASED BUT RATHER BECOME MORE DEVASTATING. HOW COME NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT THAT OR QUESTIONING THE NSA AGAIN NOW? WHAT A PEOPLE! D.AMN! ITS BETTER WE JUST SPLIT AND GO OUR SEPARATE WAYS. ABEG,SECOND BEAT,JARE...

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by stanlink(m): 7:58am On Mar 26, 2013
Well im not surprice at all this meaningless concern of the plight of Nigerian now as if it just started during GEJ tenue this a country were Well im not surprice at all this meaningless concern of the plight of Nigerian now as if it just started during GEJ tenue this a country were Well im not surprice at all this meaningless concern of the plight of Nigerian now as if it just started during GEJ tenue this a country were the true nature of things are not stated the way they are GEJ came on board after so many years of this shit to fix this but you wount let him you started with ur stupid BOKO HARM whatever now you are collsborating with ur white alliess who cannot find a way into our country take us as slaves again to talk to write rubbish about out President the Bullet proof Limo Obama is using do we know how far it would have gone solve the world problem, creat the enveronment for him to rule and blem him after he has fail a unpopular upcoming sang this enjoy this for breakfast www.hulkshare.com/9l6m8iibkzcw

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dfolan: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Billyonaire: Hahahahahahaha These Vultures will not cease to amaze me. So Jonathan should be impeached because of 17 Ambulances. How much does Air Force One cost ? Whats the cost of Marine one ? I cant believe these nematodes are this silly. So now, if Presidency uses 17 Ambulances, is it a problem ? How many people do you think work in the Presidency ? You haters are just too daft. If I have my way in the Presidency, its gonna be 100 Ambulances. Its NDelta Oil Money, not cocoa money, and not Groundnut Pyramid money.
you're a bumbling idiot

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by stunna2(m): 8:13am On Mar 26, 2013
The truth from the original article makes me angry but the response of the fools defending the ruler makes me somewhat sad - sad to see a display of the reasons nigeria will not get very far in the nest lil while!!

I am amazed at how vigorously Nigerians defend evil and yet have streets full of churches!!

But then again, did I not say a few words last year about Nigerians in nigeria while driving home from churches on Sundays wickedly refuse to allow fellow Nigerians equally going home from churches to get into traffic??

Oh, I forgot that my mother used to console me when ever i asked her the source of this peculiar wickedness of nigerians (the president has 17 ambulances in front of his palace and some people said its okay) by saying; my son, their hearts are as black as their skin color...this is the source of their unrelenting undiluted wickedness!

Keep defending him people...and keep praying for God to come and develope nigeria! Neither of these will ever work...only performance will help GEJ and only performance will develope nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Emperortj93(m): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2013
And emperortj wept (for naija)
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by talk2s(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2013
Why should GEJ be impeached?
Is it because his name is not Abubakar, Abiodun or Emeka?
Go find food shop.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by xcuggsm(m): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2013
israel007: Let me ask: did this corrupt practice start with GEJ? All the progressive promising change, as far as memories go, corruption has been eating Nigeria, has there ever been a day they come out to ask for a change and then be noble enough to. 'Make an attempt at stepping down so they are not part of the corruption? Nooo. They stayed in the system, enjoyed, spent their time, replaced. That seat with their candidates and once they fall our they come out with a front of saying we need to change somethings for the better. Betterment of who?

Exaggerated lies with truth to make everything look real!

Only one third has access to toilet?

WHAT NIGERIA NEEDs TO CLEAN UP THE ROT IN THE SYSTEM IS A LEADER LIKE BUHARI!
OTHERS ARE JUST THE SAME BUNCH OF SHAMELESS LOOTERS!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Reference(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2013
After reeling out the usually dour statistics, the kinds I've witnessed since I began to read and write, what is the solution - impeach the President. Sighs.

Yet another half hearted, half ignorant, perhaps lazy attempt at understanding the country. Of course with a gaffe and a laugh of a solution.

For his information since independence we've had only three civil transitions of government involving OBJ and Abdulsalami. All the others were 'impeached', that is sacked from office or removed against their will. Balewa, Ironsi, Gowon, Murtala, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Shonekan, Abacha and Yaradua. Almost every transition was greeted with optimism and celebration but everyone appears worse than the previous.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that the problem lies not with the people or the presidency. Smart minds will rather find the common denominator that has sustained corruption over the generations, over several governments, over military and civilians, over several political groupings.

I just don't have the space to detail but one thing for sure GEJ will not be there in a few years. The reporter or columnist will write another piece in his old age with the same damn statistics yet again.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Dee60: 8:42am On Mar 26, 2013
trillville:
I just provided a table showing oil prices, it's as clear as day light that gej has had oil at about 100 dollars whereas obj had oil at about 50 to 70 dollars. Prices before 2005 where even lower.

Thank you. And in addition, OBJ cleared Nigeria's debt burden 100%. When he came to power, our foreign debt was virtually higher than our GDP (meaning that our economy had collapsed)but that was turned around. When he left, there was 67 billion dollars in savings. All those who are saying that OBJ did not achieve are just fooling themselves. The truth is that those who took over from him have scuttled all those gains. We are back in DEBTS.

Yes, OBJ tried a third term which I do not support but really, he achieved something. GEJ should try and do same. The signal so far is negative, very negative.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by NEROSKY(m): 8:44am On Mar 26, 2013
vicope:
Oh yes! Nine new universities while the existing ones are below standard and cannot make it into the list of the world top 3000 universities. As a graduate of Botany from a federal university, my dept lab never boasted of a microscope till I graduated.

Trains that travel 33 hours from Ilorin to Lagos, is that what you call a good rail transport?

As I type this comment, my smartphone is about going off, thanks to the fact that we have not had electricity for the past 48 hours (I reside in one of the largest satellite towns in FCT).

Which subsidy thief has been sent to jail? Pls just one name please.

No fuel scarcity? What is experienced in Lagos and Abuja is called what? Fuel abundance?

Except there are other roads people access, the road I travelled from Abuja to Lagos last month is nowhere to be called a standard, safe or world-class highway!

Take a visit to the FCT (the capital city of Nigeria), several parts of the city including Mpape, Kubwa, Dutse, Dawaki, jikwoyi etc still have a large population of people without access to proper toilet facilities (you find people excreting in drainages and public places). Needless to mention the poor waste management system in several parts of the capital city.

Despite the billions allocated to the Ecolgical Fund office of the presidency, what has been done to remediate the issue of erosion in the South East other than people feeding fat on huge salaries in the name of Ecological Fund office?

Violence, crime and corruption is at its peak.

Nigerians pay more to buy petroleum products yet get little in return from the govt.

Unemployment rate is at an epidemic level.

My friend, if you cannot see these things......SOMETHING is wrong with you too!

Don't mind him, they're all the same. LEGAL CRIMINALS!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by kezyuzoeto(m): 8:45am On Mar 26, 2013
He have proved the direct opposite of his name good luck"bad luck".....what a static and dormant leader he is...I hope 2015 have possitive minded and god fearing leaders to offer us....but if only curruption will give way for good governance cryHe have proved the direct opposite of his name good luck"bad luck".....what a static and dormant leader he is...I hope 2015 have possitive minded and god fearing leaders to offer us....but if only curruption will give way for good governance
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Dee60: 8:52am On Mar 26, 2013
The truth is, I do not pray that GEJ be impeached. I am hoping that he will surround himself with good advisers, forget about 2015 and deliver a great performance in the last 2 years he has as president. Amen.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by MicroBox: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2013
We need naturaly intelligent leader who can propose and draft out what is need to be done in his home office before going to official office everyday.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2013
Fussbot: and they shoulsn't also talk now,so dat it will continueand we should be lik dis forever

Dont talk in isolation...that is what it means, what was destroyed over 45 years can not be fixed in 20 years, get that right! To accuse Jonathan of anything...then the past leaders must be rounded up and executed first!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 26, 2013
When una shout finish eh, make una go sleep oooooo.....especially the self-employed critics.

GEJ FOR 2015-2019-2023-2027 cheesy tongue
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by muskpeas: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2013
aasog1: Shake my head with some funny comments here. Comparing GEJ to OBJ. Comparing his regime to all the past.
For your information, this is 2013. Not IBB's era. Not Abacha era. Not OBJ's. Things are different RIGHT now. If we wanted things to continue the way it was, why not simply let the military take over again or why did we bother stopping OBJ from been a life's president.
I sincerely feel so tormented reading peoples' racist warped opinions. Who cares who fixes Nigeria? Why must it be someone from the SS, SE, SW, or the North. Lets give the right man this job. Our humanity as a nation is been depreciated daily by our short-sightedness. If the colonialist could do way better than any regime we've ever had, so what is wrong in giving the position of leadership to someone who isnt from your region. I dont care whoever it is, but if GEJ cant stop Bokoharam, fix the useless roads, fix electricity which I havent enjoyed since all this useless propaganda of improvement, fix security, fix kidnapping, stop corruption, HE SHOULD GO TO HELL AND BURN FOR ALL I CARE! I DIDNT VOTE HIM TO GIVE ME EXCUSES AND I WONDER WHY THE SS AND SE PEOPLE THINK THAT'S HIS JOB!

You just spoke my "church" mind! Gbam!!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by jaybee(f): 8:57am On Mar 26, 2013
omaigala: What baffles me most is the CIA's report of the erosion menace in Nigeria, the probable conclusion is that, the CIA have being spying on us for God knows when. shocked

are you just knowing? fyi if you need facts on Nigeria (economic, social, political) get it from USA, UK, UN and other organizations; not Nigeria govt. who takes every one for granted.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Itulah(m): 9:05am On Mar 26, 2013
After all these analysis, who then is fit to Govern Nigeria? Who can we wholeheartedly point to be clean enough to become President of our falling Country? Mr Joel Brinkley LA Times Reporter, you may wish to go and do more analysis and get back to us ASAP on the above question. Thank you.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Sobrit(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2013
Is nairaland anti-jonathan platform? Just asking because i can't see any report on anything positive about jonathan but any thing in d neg will quickly get the first page attention. Where is the good governance tour where nigerians should have been given the opportunity to give first hand assessment of the situation in their respective states... Either to give credence to what the biased tour team are saying or refute them. We should be unbiased. Rest my case

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by alajor(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2013
bubadaniel13: OP just a question for the confused Mr Joel Brinkley,Is GEJ the first leader of Nigeria?how many years has he spent on power so far?Nigeria has been ruled by bad leaders for decades and u expect GEJ to turn bad things around within three years,the writer of the article must be dreaming.
dude d writer isn't saying jona started nigerians problems. He is just saying dat jona should b impeached bcus of d pardons to alami and co after they have embezzlled nigeria's money. After contributing to making nigeria worse than it was before them. Just read the problems the writer stated above and then tell me if those pple deserve pardon.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by muskpeas: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2013
Myself2: Who is this stewpid Brinkley to tell us what to do,when have I ever told Americans to impeach Obama for the sundry things he has done that truth be told,are not my business?

Mr Brinkley or Prickley heat,please go impeach Obama for asking gays and lesbos to marry one another and adopt children from normal marriages between men and women

You are as dunce-y as GEJ..what has gay/lesbian marriages got to do with the obviously bad and corrupt system of govt we have in Nigeria today!! If no nigerian would stand up and stick a finger into GEJs "corruptaract" eye..then a foreigner might as well do it!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Symphony007: 9:10am On Mar 26, 2013
This hatred for jonathan is weird!! He has'nt done anything that olusegun obasanjo did or even his late boss umaru yar adua. But today he is piniada everyone wants to take a swipe at while the Godfather of nigerian corruption, the first president of our democratic dispebsation who would have laid the foundation for how the new nigeria will be, rather he sowed the seed of the fruit we're reaping today but today he is an international media darling and whenever he has a mention on nairaland, the folks here hail him as our "greatest leader" "baba"...nigerian and it's people have a long way to go !!
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by kayword(m): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2013
freebloke:
confirm guy!!! grin
;-
my broda, even d alomo sef no fit cool d temper wey i dey feel.;->
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by muskpeas: 9:20am On Mar 26, 2013
ocee31: Joel brinkley is an idiot & should be beheaded. This guy should be made to apologize. Has he ever been to Nigeria? Go & read his article on vietnam & you'll find out that this guy is a complete slowpoke

You are just the same like d known GEJ govt.mouth pieces..bunch of idiotas..and to rightly quote "someone" ; if Jesus Christ would stand up today and criticise GEJ's govt, they wld respond saying,didnt He sleep with Mary Magdalene afterall...
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by dougivilla(m): 9:21am On Mar 26, 2013
No mind the jobless writer. Quoting these baseless, biased and one sided research fidings to confuse our ever gullible Nigerians, many of whom are in NL. Where are his statistics on improved power, road construction, women and youth empowerment and sports development etc? What should happen to all the leaders before GEJ that brought us to this point, or did this statistics just start coming out now? And most importantly Impeach and replace him with Sambo, David Mark, Tinubu, Atiku or who? Mr Brinkley abeg enter garrage go park well joor. Rubbish write up!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 26, 2013
Peeclems: Pls my candy plea is this, GEJ shld help this country by not going back for 2015 if He really loves this country. Becos frm the day the result that brought Him into power was annouced, the numbers of lives that hav gone is uncountable. Let Him please hav piety on Nigerians 2015 and step down, He has tried on His own part, God would see Him tru.

The oppositions are just jittery, knowing what will happen to their candidate should GEJ go for 2015. Unfortunately for you guys, no amount of blackmail, paid international media associates of the opposition will stop him from contesting the election in 2015
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by paddybrown(m): 9:27am On Mar 26, 2013
mke una go impeach am na
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2013
Tolu19: For the sake of things getting worse, for the sake of national wealth seriously wasted everyday, for the sake of corruption getting to a record high and the sake of wrong decisions made by GEJ everyday,I beg that he is impeached without futher delay.

If he had been impeached Dec 2011, Petrol would still be 65 naira
If he had been impeached in May 2012, his wife's plane wouldn't have forced Dana Air crash with many lives gone.
If he had been impeached before the helicopter of the govenors crashed,they would have still been alive
If he had been impeached in February,the world renowned corrupt and public funds armed robbers wouldn't have been pardoned.
Etc

Who knows what happens 2morow from our president.

Please Politicians do us a huge favour by impeaching GEJ, arrest him immediately after impeachment, recover all stolen funds, cancel all his waste projects like giving fones to farmers nationwide and d rest,arrest all his cabinet members and prosecute dem seriously like Egypt prosecuted Hosni Mubarak,send Okupe and Abati to special jail and seize all their assets,their should no mercy to any slight degree,nothing like Abati's wife crying on TV to forgive her husband or Abati village people coming in groups with placards for his release. Justice must be served wholely, no half justice for any of them. Rebuild the civil service, mend all crooked ways and let Nigerians be united again happy,richer,better and safer.

but after all said and done,who takes over from him.?

I pray thee.
Re: GEJ Should Be Impeached - LA Times Joel Brinkley by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 26, 2013
LET US JUST DIVIDE THIS PHUCKING THING AND TO THY TENTH O NIGERIANS!
BUHARI AYOTALLAH SHOULD LEAD THE CORE NORTHERNERS, Tinubu SHOULD LEAD HIS SW PEOPLE. AND
MAJORITY OF US FROM SS WANT JONATHAN TO CONTINUE.....
NORTH CENTRAL CAN DECIDE WHERE TO GO AMONG THIS 3 COUNTRIES!
THE IGBOS CAN DECIDE TO BE ON THEIR OWN because I AM CONVINCED THEY CAN BE THE ISRAEL
OF AFRICA OR THEY CAN JOIN THE SS AND WE CAN BECOME A VERY FORMIDABLE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

THE FACT IS NO GEJ IN 2015, THEN NO NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Okpokiri Nwanaka Buys 85 Gionee 5 Phones As Constituency Project / Governor Udom Stops His Convoy To Buy From Roadside Banana Sellers / 'I Believe' By Denis Ukume: Ojukwu Wept For Forgiveness Over Role In War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.