Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,526 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent (17505 Views)

2016 Budget Fails To Cover N41bn Hole In FG Retirees Pensions / Names Of Ministerial Nominees In The Second Batch / Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by alaoeri: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
No wonder GEJ want to remove subsidy completely, if they can spend such amount on alcohol why not fuel. Chai nigerians are drinking oh.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by 9jauk: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Health hazard....wake up Gidi boys,Alcholic content in Champgne is scary.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by IphyGrace: 5:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
80 percent below poverty line my foot, a poor man in nigeria can maintain 2bottles of gulder a day minus his meals, even a beggars hustle a day will land him 10bottles with enough change to pay a prostit.ute.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by desh(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anoda round table pls. Dats y we r refered to as d happiest pple on earth.lmao
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by naptu2: 5:39pm On Mar 22, 2013
Explains the huge champagne billboard ad at Falomo.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by mrman2(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Someone somewhere will probably pop a bottle to celebrate this news.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by obowunmi(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
Champagne ad gaan dey Ajegunle and Makoko ---- pop, pop, pop some thing grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by missjo(f): 5:45pm On Mar 22, 2013
The boys always spending all their money on Love.

I mean champagne undecided
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by cigaricon(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pls how much is a bottle of that thing?
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by RedLight1: 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2013
Iphy Grace: 80 percent below poverty line my foot, a poor man in nigeria can maintain 2bottles of gulder a day minus his meals, even a beggars hustle a day will land him 10bottles with enough change to pay a prostit.ute.
bus drivers makes upto 6k daily excluding delivery money.. Wheel barrow pushers makes upto 3000k upward a day.... Even the cobblers and beggars makes more than 1k a day buh sum people will still us to believe that we live under 1$ 153 naira... When bathroom soap alone cost half of that or more

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Blackteeth(m): 5:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
Na only politicians dey shack am after a successful money lauder or election rigs.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by emiye(m): 5:52pm On Mar 22, 2013
Rossikk: I thought they said 80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day?

Just goes to show the dubious nature of 'World Bank statistics'.

According to NDIC , almost 90% of the deposits in the banks are owned by 6%.
One of the biggest problem, is the distribution of wealth is so skewed. The middle class is almost non existent.

While the very few big guns pop champagne like it is running out, the vast majority of nigerians can barely see potable water to drink

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by maintainmt: 5:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Naija dey pop bottle,no dought
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by pankere(m): 5:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
[b][/b]CONSUMER NATION! ALL WE DO IS IMPORT AND CONSUME EVERYTHING WE SEE! AND WE WANT ECONOMY TO GROW! I DEY LAFF O!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by vandarsar(m): 5:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
Doing business in Africa isn't about size along, in fact size of the market comes second or third. Political stability, power and other infrastructures has to come first. This 3 things will inform you what the size of your own market would be relatives to the population. Just ask yourself why would a company leave Nigeria for Ghana despite Nigeria massive population?

Population is suppose to be a blessing but sometimes it would be a course if not properly manage.

akinalabi: It is a huge market.

Nigeria is one of the best places you can ever do business in my opinion. The market is so so so so huge. Never seen anything like it before.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by occam(m): 6:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Red-Light:
abi o.... Its not the fault of world bank but the fault of those that believe those rubbish stats

Even Nigeria's top statistician confirms poverty is still excruciatingly high in Nigeria

Dr Kale said that between 2004 and 2010, Nigeria’s poverty rate had moved from 54.4 per cent to 69 per cent involving 112,518,507 Nigerians, adding that although the country’s Gross Domestic Growth (GDP) had grown since then, it had little impact on the poverty situation

In some states poverty rate is about 77%

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by occam(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You think politicians drank 725,000 bottles of champagne and they still have the normalcy to steal your money!! No bro, they'll be dead drunk anytime they go to the vaults.
Its average citizens that do the drinking! Telecom and IT workers, Small business owners,Bankers,Oil & Gas owners and yes Recharge Card Sellers et al! I have friends who dont earn way too much but drink hewnnessey anytime thier team wins a march!on their birthdays!! Its cultural!! We love fly in this country and that helps us get high figures when it comes to crazy stuff like this!

No need to start rejoicing over this champagne story. Its's a misleading story and not even good news. So what if we import so much champagne?

Most of the guys may not even spend money raising their children but drink themselves to stupor every night.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Kk4(m): 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
All we do is.........CONSUME

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by 9jawear(m): 6:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Its crazy, its all the politicians that are stealing money , you need to come to abuja, and see how they spend money

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by emiye(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
occam:

Even Nigeria's top statistician confirms poverty is still excruciatingly high in Nigeria

Dr Kale said that between 2004 and 2010, Nigeria’s poverty rate had moved from 54.4 per cent to 69 per cent involving 112,518,507 Nigerians, adding that although the country’s Gross Domestic Growth (GDP) had grown since then, it had little impact on the poverty situation

In some states poverty rate is about 77%

Thanks, i believe those stats, they are not far from reality, i wish some doubting the stats can get down from their high horse.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Soso990240(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
Davido take note..y u neva get share 4 d company sef?
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by rusher14: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
emiye:

Thanks, i believe those stats, they are not far from reality, i wish some doubting the stats can get down from their high horse.

I weep for this nation.

It is even more miserable when even the educated think like the not-so-informed.

Oh well! I guess it's time to build that boat Noah crafted (figure of speech).

The time is Nigh!
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by rusher14: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2013
emiye:

I weep for this nation.

It is even more miserable when even the educated think like the not-so-informed.

Oh well! I guess it's time to build that boat Noah crafted (figure of speech).

The time is nigh!
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by dbride: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
bigx:

Meanwhile smart people are thinking of how to import the champagne and take a share of that 41 billion,
shows why there would always be rich and poor

and mind you, I am neither a leader nor a politician but I have champagne when I go clubbing.

Yeah so much for ego tripping bigx. You are still very few and in different categories too. It is simply a case of incredibly too much money in excess in the hands of a few. Dont forget that some are even richer than the state.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thanks to yahoo guys.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by preshizeee(m): 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2013

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by dbride: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
Iphy Grace: 80 percent below poverty line my foot, a poor man in nigeria can maintain 2bottles of gulder a day minus his meals, even a beggars hustle a day will land him 10bottles with enough change to pay a prostit.ute.

Are you still here or from another planet. Haba. Check again, this time be true to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by dbride: 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
cigar icon: Pls how much is a bottle of that thing?

From #3K to #170K + or -
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by DisneyAngel(f): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by ZACHIE: 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Why not?
With moneys growing like Grass? We can afford it and also afford the attendant poverty.
yeye pipul

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by ElPresido: 6:34pm On Mar 22, 2013
Why not, when Nigerian musicians do free adverts for Champagne and Hennessy in every of their tracks?

Not surprised at all. Provided it's made in Nigeria, we will buy it and worship it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayemi Resigns As Minister To Focus On Defeating Fayose’s Deputy / Manir Dan’Iya Is PDP's Guber Candidate In Sokoto / Buhari Appoints Professor Ahmed Yusuf As Atomic Energy Commission CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.