Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:54 AM

Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent (17504 Views)

2016 Budget Fails To Cover N41bn Hole In FG Retirees Pensions / Names Of Ministerial Nominees In The Second Batch / Akingbola Petitions Agf Over N41bn Fraud At Intercontinental ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by slyzo(m): 9:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dis absolute stupidious, spending a whole 41bn naira on just a mere drink.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Johnnoo: I don't believe this stats!!!

Do you believe THIS?

Nigerian shoppers take over London:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/30000-a-year-addiction-to-london-how-nigerians-are-becoming-big-spenders-8189336.html

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
we dey pop champagne ! grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Obipat(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
M M M: Popping champagne 2 nite tongue
next try ORANGE RIVER ROSE AND BRUT. The best offordable champagne in the market
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by FiftyFifty(m): 10:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
What do u xpect to happen in a country rule by an ever drunkard so-called president & his Ijaw advisers?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nuzo1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
ROSSIKE:
You're talking absolute rubbish. You need to travel out of the country and visit pubs, bars and clubs to see how much champagne, wine and cocktails westerners consume on a daily basis. You think Nigerians drink? Go to the UK and France and see people drinking.

Some of you are so misinformed about white people. You think like slaves. Whites are saints and Nigerians are devils. Shame on you.

I don't know why you mofos get so riled up like wild dogs with rabies when the obvious is stated about your darling hell hole country.
You will be making a fool of yourself if you think only you and your govt looting and 419/credit card scam artist family members get to see the world.

Listen, maybe I didn't feel any reasonable human being would find my short sentence incomprehensible hence why I didn't bother to explain in details.

I never meant that whites don't drink chanpaigne or some expensive drink...after all, they produce it.

Anybody who've actually LIVED (not visited for 2 days with nigerian looted money) in any of those western world you mentioned will tell you that folks there don't go popping Rose and Crystal Chanpaigne 7 days a week. The average white folks go to pubs or bars and clubs to dance, have fun, make new friends and not pose like statues as penniless Nigerians do. All these for ugly wig wearing prostitutes filled the club.

I have partied hard in both worlds, seen it all!
From Sydney, Shanghai, Hong kong, Dubai to Doha.

Abuja, PH, Lagos and Enugu. All you see in these Nigerian clubs are dudes who can't feed in the day popping champaigne worth hundreds of thousand weekly.
They run these clubs into debt and eventually run it out. They are not even ashamed to gracefully announce to anyone who cares to listen how they will be paying N15k for very ugly wig wearing prostitutes.

This living beyond one's means you can hardly notice in white folks in clubs. They drink according to their income. Beer, vodka and rum. Drink, dance, make friends and go home. This is on the average.

Given, the whitefolks do pop for fun but most times, its more of a culture thing than a class thing as seen in Nigeria.

WHITES MOSTLY POP CHANPAGNE WHEN THERE'S CALL FOR CELEBRATION. NIGERIANS POP IT TO IMPRESS PROSTITUTES!

Rosisky, enjoy the looted government funds on champagne while it lasted.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by dickhardener: 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Abeg d drink they make person see jesus?
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by rusher14: 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2013
Nuzo':

I don't know why you mofos get so riled up like wild dogs with rabies when the obvious is stated about your darling hell hole country.
You will be making a fool of yourself if you think only you and your govt looting and 419/credit card scam artist family members get to see the world.

Listen, maybe I didn't feel any reasonable human being would find my short sentence incomprehensible hence why I didn't bother to explain in details.

I never meant that whites don't drink chanpaigne or some expensive drink...after all, they produce it.

Anybody who've actually LIVED (not visited for 2 days with nigerian looted money) in any of those western world you mentioned will tell you that folks there don't go popping Rose and Crystal Chanpaigne 7 days a week. The average white folks go to pubs or bars and clubs to dance, have fun, make new friends and not pose like statues as penniless Nigerians do. All these for ugly wig wearing prostitutes filled the club.

Abuja, PH, Lagos and Enugu. All you see in these Nigerian clubs are dudes who can't feed in the day popping champaigne worth hundreds of thousand weekly.
They run these clubs into debt and eventually run it out. They are not even ashamed to gracefully announce to anyone who cares to listen how they will be paying N15k for very ugly wig wearing prostitutes.

This living beyond one's means you can hardly notice in white folks in clubs. They drink according to their income. Beer, vodka and rum. Drink, dance, make friends and go home. This is on the average.

Given, the whitefolks do pop for fun but most times, its more of a culture thing than a class thing as seen in Nigeria.

WHITES MOSTLY POP CHANPAGNE WHEN THERE'S CALL FOR CELEBRATION. NIGERIANS POP IT TO IMPRESS PROSTITUTES!

Nuzo', Some people come online to get a rush and live out their fantasies.
Pay no attention to them.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by PastorOla1: 11:12pm On Mar 22, 2013
No average man drink o!
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by denzel2009: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Many people don't even know Guinness is originally from Ireland.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Nuzo':

Come on shut your rotten dirty mouth you nasty worthless idio.t typing gibberish.

I have LIVED and WORKED on THREE CONTINENTS for a total of 24 years, and I can SCHOOL YOU in every facet of life in the west. FACT is you simply have a slave mentality and inferiority complex otherwise there is absolutely nothing to criticise Nigerians about with regard to drinking alchohol. NOTHING. We don't drink anywhere as much as whites. Yet you insult us and praise whites.

You just think because they are Nigerians, you can insult them. That makes you a fool and a slave.

In terms of drinking, westerners are the world's most prolific consumers of champagne, wine, beer and cocktails. No rivals. The richer they are the more champagne, wine and cocktails they consume, and the more regularly too. Many do so at every meal. For a large section, heading down to the bar or pub after work is a ritual. If they were Nigerians you would jump up and attack them for being lecherous drunkards. But they are whites so it's ''oh it's their culture''. Nothing wrong there then. When a Nigerian drinks it's because he's a 'looter', or wants to do 'big boy' and 'pose'. When a white drinks, it's ok. Nothing to criticise. One rule for whites another for blacks.

Fact is you are a rotten-minded wan.ker and a self-loathing coconut (Uncle Tom) who needs to start seeing all races as EQUAL before posting any other further dumb cotton-picking slaveboy comments here. And the sooner we rid ourselves of slave mentality-ridden characters like you on this beautiful continent of ours the better for us all.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 22, 2013
denzel2009: Many people don't even know Guinness is originally from Ireland.
...but brewed and bottled in ogba brewery in ikeja lagos using 80 percent local raw material
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
PapaBrowne: This country is a crazy country. I have always known that.
My dissertation(project) way back in 2005 was about the underestimation of the Nigerian market and the faulty use of statistics by economic bodies worldwide to downplay the actual size of this massive behemoth called Nigeria.
I remember the look on the faces of my oyinbo professor when I told them that the real size of the Nigerian market and many other emerging markets was lost in the unreported black market which at the time I believed and still believe was and is larger than the open market!!

41 billion naira in Champange! Thats massive for a country we are told 70% live on less than 2 dollars a day!!

Tres bien!
My thought exactly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nuzo1(m): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Come on shut your rotten dirty mouth you nasty worthless idio.t talking rubbish.

I have LIVED and WORKED on THREE CONTINENTS for a total of 24 years, and I can SCHOOL YOU in every facet of life in the west. FACT is you simply have a slave mentality and inferiority complex otherwise there is absolutely nothing to criticise Nigerians about with regard to drinking alchohol. NOTHING. We don't drink anywhere as much as whites. Yet you insult us and praise whites.

You just think because they are Nigerians, you can insult them. That makes you a fool and a slave.

In terms of drinking, westerners are the world's most prolific consumers of champagne, wine, beer and cocktails. The richer they are the more champagne, wine and cocktails they consume, and the more regular too. Many do so at every meal. If they were Nigerians you would jump up and attack them for being lecherous drunkards. But they are whites so it's ''oh its their culture''. Nothing wrong there then. When a Nigerian drinks it's because he's a looter, or wants to do 'big boy' and 'pose'. When a white drinks, it's ok. Nothing to criticise.

Fact is you are a rotten-minded self-servicer and slave and you need to start seeing all races as EQUAL before posting any other further dumb slaveboy garbage here. Understood?

You are a scumbag. Stinking pig!

A sad Nigerian thinking anybody who tells the truth about Nigeria is a slave like you or anti-Jonathan.

This thread is not about getting drunk, its about drinking for what purpose?

You claim to have lived/slaved away your life in 3 continents for 24 years yet you are too dull and lazy to read and understand your surroundings.

You are just a bad liar, otherwise you will know that an average westerner is more concerned about the effectiveness of the alchohol intake and the best bet is not champaigne. That's where Vodka, whiskey and beer comes in.
In Nigerian pubs and clubs, party goers are more concerned about being seen as big boys cos of the popping. Foolishly, all these popping and posing is for pros-tit-utes.

Mumu looter, I didn't make up report. I, like many others on this thread are just confirming it.

And for the recoreds, I do pop 'somtin' once in a while. But only on special events.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:18am On Mar 23, 2013
Rossikk: I thought they said 80% of Nigerians live on less than a dollar a day?

Just goes to show the dubious nature of 'World Bank statistics'.

Bro, do the maths. 80% living less than a dollar means 20% live above a dollar. That's 28million of 140million living above a dollar. If only 2million out of the 28million (20% living above of dollar) drank champagne every month... guess how much?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 23, 2013
Nuzo':

TELL EM WHY YOU REALLY MAD SON
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by oduz: 1:10am On Mar 23, 2013

Bros, no vex O, e fit dey true O

U know say we be our brothers keeper

Those big men wey dey for big towns, dey claim dem dey steal on our behalf, dem fit dey equally celebrate am on our behalf,

Particularly after successful 'plea bargaining' & Presidential pardon of the few wey we think say we don catch lipsrsealed

NOIBMUUL:

Bro, do the maths. 80% living less than a dollar means 20% live above a dollar. That's 28million of 140million living above a dollar. If only 2million out of the 28million (20% living above of dollar) drank champagne every month... guess how much?

enh Hein, e be like say na the answer be this sad

Chineke, God, remember to bless d poor for we country O!
We promise to spend d money more wisely than the rich undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Godogwu: 1:37am On Mar 23, 2013
Nuzo':

Your comment i have to say is very baseless, and filled with a whole load of inferiority complex.

Nigerians pop champagne to impress prositutes? Like! Why the hell should you generalize? Just because you and your very low class and razz friends do it doesn't mean everyone's like you. My dad popped lots of champagne at the opening ceremony of all our houses, at my 18th birthday even at my lil sisters 10th birthday party.

I don't know where you go to club , in Dubai, abuja, bla bla bla but i have also partied in Lagos, Abuja, Ph, Texas, NY, ottawa and Toronto... And yea, i don't know the kind/ class of people you club or party with but when me and my friends party in any of these places we pop champagne all the time.

Finally, you do tend to generalize alot.... and frankly you shouldn't.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 3:13am On Mar 23, 2013
^^You get time..That guy is just a low IQ dude with serious complex. He'll soon call you a looter who wants to pose by drinking champagne. You're a Nigerian afterall.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 4:11am On Mar 23, 2013
adaobi123: we dey pop champagne ! grin grin
I'll blame the music industry for this ugly trend.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 23, 2013
slyzo: Dis absolute stupidious, spending a whole 41bn naira on just a mere drink.

It says the AVERAGE amount spent on champagne in a 4 year period. Therefore, the actual yearly figures could be higher or lower than the average.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nuzo1(m): 7:00am On Mar 23, 2013
Godogwu:

Your comment i have to say is very baseless, and filled with a whole load of inferiority complex.

Nigerians pop champagne to impress prositutes? Like! Why the hell should you generalize? Just because you and your very low class and razz friends do it doesn't mean everyone's like you. My dad popped lots of champagne at the opening ceremony of all our houses, at my 18th birthday even at my lil sisters 10th birthday party.

I don't know where you go to club in Dubai, abuja, bla bla bla but i have also partied in Lagos, Abuja, Ph, London, Nottingham, Texas, NY, ottawa and Toronto... And yea, i don't know the kind/ class of people you club or party with but when me and my friend party in any of these places we pop champagne all the time.

Finally, you do tend to generalize alot.... and frankly you shouldn't.

Mumu boi, I said on the average.

Did you say your dad was popping champagaine for juveniles? First for his 10 year daughter? shocked And for you on your 18th birthday?

This is an indictment on your irresponsible dad and clear confirmation of the champagne report and my earlier submission.

And look, at 18yrs...you couldn't have partied in all those cities you mentioned except your dad is a corrupt Nigerian diplomat.

Faceless online lying swines!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by kabba7(m): 7:08am On Mar 23, 2013
dvdon: *singing* when we celebrate..we dey pop Alomo..we dey pop Alomo..Alomo champagne. Remix. cool

The president is said to be a great lover of alcohol so its ok to finish the treasury on champagne and maybe ogogoro .
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nuzo1(m): 7:13am On Mar 23, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^You get time..That guy is just a low IQ dude with serious complex. He'll soon call you a looter who wants to pose by drinking champagne. You're a Nigerian afterall.

Once a pig, always a PIG!

At 18 he's popping champagne worth over a $1k for a bottle in all those major cities of the world? On whose bill?
Even Paddy Adenuga didn't "achieve" such feat at 18.

So, just like you...its either his dad is one of those credit card scamming bastards or money laudering Nigerian diplomats.

Tell your corrupt folks to stop popping Rose' and crytal champagne with money meant for the up keep of our smelly and unkept embassies and consulates.

Scumbag!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nuzo1(m): 7:47am On Mar 23, 2013
obadiah777: TELL EM WHY YOU REALLY MAD SON

You must be high on METH to think that I'm mad at folks like you who borrow money to pop chmpagne in pros-ti-tutes filled clubs. Its their choice and that has nothing to do with me. I was just stating the obvious according to the report.

If I have to be mad, it has to be when scumbags like you come to beg for money for fuel after blowing N500k worth of chanmpagne in a sitting on credit.
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 23, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Do you believe THIS?

Nigerian shoppers take over London:

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/30000-a-year-addiction-to-london-how-nigerians-are-becoming-big-spenders-8189336.html

This 25 year old girl is definitely 'hammering'! She spends $7500 just for 2 weeks of shopping; that amount is more than the monthly wages of about 95% of American residents. Overall, she spends the equivalent of $45,000 per year on shopping at high-end stores! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 23, 2013
Nuzo':

Mumu boi, I said on the average.

Did you say our dad was popping champagaine for juveniles? First for his 10 year daughter? shocked And for you on your 18th birthday?

This is an indictment on your irresponsible dad and clear confirmation of the champagne report and my earlier submission.

And look, at 18yrs...you couldn't have partied in all those cities you mentioned except your dad is a corrupt Nigerian diplomat.

Faceless online lying swines!
JESUS!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by disboy: 8:31am On Mar 23, 2013

Common sense will tell you that the remaining 20% are d ones spending such money on champagne.There is wealth in naija just that it is in d hands of few, i.e the pple we elect them,instead of them 2 use money on development, they lavish it on luxury.Nothing is wrong with d world bank statistics

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Truckpusher(m): 8:49am On Mar 23, 2013
Nuzo':
Oyibos drink chanpange when they are celebrating special occasions.

Nigerians drink it for fun and bigboyism.
And that is where you have the fun is wink
Re: Nigeria Is The Second Fastest Market For Champagne - N41bn Spent by Reference(m): 8:55am On Mar 23, 2013
emmysenior: It is funny how some spend unnecessarily, while others can't afford a meagre health bill, school fees, a decent accommodation, 3square meals etc. So unfair. Now, this got me cracked up cheesy 3square meals = 9 meals a day, funny I'm no glutton na cheesy

It is not unfair. It is normal. Even the bible says the poor will ALWAYS be AMONGST you. That word is generic so even in top wine producing countries - France, the US, Australia there will be those who cannot afford a teaspoon.

However can't say whether this is good or bad news for Nigeria. Although this reps massive cash flight but there are really no alternatives. Could this be a sign of a forward moving economy. Perhaps. That is if the patrons are real. Then maybe some of that sweet stuff might just trickle down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Need For Ministers Despite Existing Career Permanent Secretaries / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today / I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.