Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram (39651 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Invade Falae’s Farm Again, Kill OPC Security Guard / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury / We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
engineerd: When Lagos is bombed...(I believe its a matter of when and not IF), i just pray the OPC uses the opportunity to rid the SW of the filth from the east....
It aint gonna happen. Forget the Internet blah blah and mockery...Yorubas and igbos are relatively in peace. Have you seen an exposed yoruba man thay does not have an igbo friend? Give us your facebook id lets check your friends on there.

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Viktallbay(m): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2013
I just hope dis doesnt lead to war. What starts as OPC defending us against BH could lead to full blown conflict btw North and South
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by mosquitoNet(m): 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Shut up your ignorant mouth. Those who are opposed to amnesty are the real trouble makers who hope to benefit from the crisis and a divided Nigerian populace.

What is wrong in declaring amnesty if that will bring to the public the faces behind boko haram (or what do they call it)? If this will stop bombing of innocent Nigerians, why should a sane person say no to it especially when the same imbe. has no other solution to the problem.

If federal government will not give amnesty to boko haram because they belief they are ghosts, what other solution do they have? They have to tell us this, otherwise some of us will begin to think the government is benefiting or plans to benefit from this crisis and may even be the one covertly behind it.

Now that is clear that GEJ will lose south west come 2015 no matter what, they want to bring boko haram here to intimidate and divide us. This will not work - evil will not take over south west.
Aaah! Omo iyami! I wish all these NL slowpokes will by any chance get this message.. Nigeria will change for the better.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by nduchucks: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
I am convinced that most of the people flexing cyber muscle here, have never fired a 22 caliber weapon in their lives, let alone an assault weapon. As Afam4ever asserted, at the first hearing of a BH bomb blast, most of them will run directly into the Atlantic in their confused states.

OPC should try not to heat up the current situation with empty threats. Wisdom is required in these times.

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 24, 2013
coogar:

are vigilante groups more effective than the nigerian police?
OPC is illegal militia. Infact, JTF will first use OPC for target practice before tackling Boko.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by coogar: 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Guy, when did OPC have fire power greater than JTF ? OPC is an illegal outfit anyway so the issue of fighting terrorism with illegal militia is out of the equation. The fear of Boko Haram is the beginning of Wisdom for OPC. You will only see JTF when the chips are down, but I wont be here, I will be in Niger Delta watching Al Jazeera.

it's nigeria, there's really no law!
where were you when OPC declared war on armed robbers in lagos some years back. they crucified robbers in broad daylight. where were you when bakassi boys did the same in the east? they rid eastern states of filth and corruption!

opc would prematurely send each boko haram member to their 72 virgins

Billyonaire: OPC is illegal militia. Infact, JTF will first use OPC for target practice before tackling Boko.

JTF is a farce or a hologram!
they don't exist or they work for boko haram! either way, they do not work to bring down boko haram.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
Something with a yoruba man,they really need award in mouth making if war breaks out they would run begging the hausas they re neutral,pitiful chicken minds
Negro_Ntns:

Im a Yoruba first...with everything that is packaged in it...then im a muslim next. When its time to slaughter Christians in SW im doing it on non-Yorubas living in Yorubaland. Yoruba blood is sacred to me.

Let us know when this cleansing you highly desire need to begin.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
[size=18pt]This is a time for the SS and SE to keep a close eye on the few Muslim converts in their midst for any signs of radicals
Thank God their numbers are few and easy to manage
Owerri central mosque can be rounded up in a few minutes if they do pim there[/size]

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 24, 2013
coogar:

it's nigeria, there's really no law!
where were you when OPC declared war on armed robbers in lagos some years back. they crucified robbers in broad daylight. where were you when bakassi boys did the same in the east? they rid eastern states of filth and corruption!

opc would prematurely send each boko haram member to their 72 virgins

JTF is a farce or a hologram!
they don't exist or they work for boko haram! either way, they do not work to bring down boko haram.
Do not sound silly, cos you are not. JTF farce ? JTF working for Boko ? Nna na wa o.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by NegroNtns(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

I would hate to hear bomb blast in Lagos cos it will definitely affect the whole nation. Lagos is the gate way to the west. Its about time southerners put their traditional religion first before islam. I have a very close friend from Epe , he is a muslim but very deep in ifa worship.

There are only two religions in Yorubaland - Christianity and Islam. If you are Yoruba then you are evrrything that the race is, including Ifa, which is Yoruba belief system. It is mute point to call oneself Yoruba and say im a traditionalist.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by 1oracle(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
emmakind:

U lied. Even the xtians hate anything that opposes their religious. An average yoruba muslim has at list a xtian very deared to his/her heart. Boko haram will never create enmity between us
How many mosques have Christians bombed or burned because Jesus was insulted verbally or by cartoon?
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2013
[quote author=coogar]
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
engineerd: When Lagos is bombed...(I believe its a matter of when and not IF), i just pray the OPC uses the opportunity to rid the SW of the filth from the east....
NOW THAT OPC WARRIORS HAVE'NT TRADED THE PLACES OF THEIR BRAINS AND MOUTHS WITH THEIR NYANSHES AS YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY DONE OR WERE BORN WITH,EEEYAAAA!
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by EkoAtlantic: 8:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
1oracle: I thought that we have the so called one Nigeria. So OPC will defend yoruba land and not Nigeria? Since OPC has s much strength and power to defend, why not relocate to the north and defend the one Nigeria that awolowo so much believed in? Why wait to defend yoruba land only? So OPC and yorubas doesn't believe in one Nigeria again?.

Awolowo was only building what Azikiwe loved.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Tjohnnay: 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
Wizee: Oga OPC shut-up ur mouth there, u no fit do anytin, na mouth una get. Abi u see gun wey bh boys get? OPC get any kind of dat?
u sharap jawe, wetn u knw...... Dm gt juju wey dm go use track dm dwn, even der herbalist self must support dm
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by EMMABC1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 24, 2013
this tribe is full of noise- making elites who have seized the media to vituperate all sorts of nonsense. Rather than take proactive measures, the OPC and their partners in noise are in d media displaying their usual cowardness as if they can fight BH.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2013

You are being threatened with Boko haram and your greater fear is the east
Kai
These people are useless o

2 Likes

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by coogar: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Do not sound silly, cos you are not. JTF farce ? JTF working for Boko ? Nna na wa o.

you speak absent common sense.....

where are all the suspects arrested by JTF since boko haram started their rubbish? what has come out of kabiru sokoto? last time i heard, he cannot be tried cos lack of evidence. the suspects taken are put in police stations only for the other members of group to come and break them out!
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by tspun(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
wen ona go day fast day pray make boko haram no come ona land. Ona day here day make noise like say ona fit fight dem. Even d so called nigeria army dat have being tag one of d best in africa have not being able to defeat dem na smalll opc won come witstand dem. Na wao o laf won kill me o. Still lafin.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by NegroNtns(m): 8:11pm On Mar 24, 2013
osinachukwu: Something with a yoruba man,they really need award in mouth making if war breaks out they would run begging the hausas they re neutral,pitiful chicken minds

well, our mouthmaking (as you called it) works for us. does it not? grin

what do you have for defense, machette? how far has your machette saved you from repeated yearly attacks since the 1950s?

maybe you need to learn how to "mouthmake". grin cheesy cheesy
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2013
Boko Haram versus OPC - Clash of Titans; An Epic Movie!
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2013
coogar:

you speak absent common sense.....

where are all the suspects arrested by JTF since boko haram started their rubbish? what has come out of kabiru sokoto? last time i heard, he cannot be tried cos lack of evidence. the suspects taken are put in police stations only for the other members of group to come and break them out!
My friend you have a job to do. It is Boko Haram versus OPC; An epic clash, we will be watching you from Biafra!
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Boko Haram versus OPC - Clash of Titans; An Epic Movie!

[size=18pt]Do you know my prayer for Nigeria
That the North and SW form an alliance to become one country
They have so much in common,I don't know why they won't merge into one big happy country
It will be one of my happiest days
I will wear a burqua in this United States the whole day in celebration[/size]
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by RealMccoy2(m): 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

There are only two religions in Yorubaland - Christianity and Islam. If you are Yoruba then you are evrrything that the race is, including Ifa, which is Yoruba belief system. It is mute point to call oneself Yoruba and say im a traditionalist.
Stop lying there is no reward on here . The "pagan" guy that commented here is yoruba and does not affiliate with christianity or islam. Go to cultural section on NL and then you will learn few stuff about Ifa worshippers.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 24, 2013
Baby mama:

Do you know my prayer for Nigeria
I will wear a burqua the whole day

That day will soon come, the cookies are crumbling already.

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
Nna as I read diz ish I no com understand again hausa dey treaten dem dem dey think of the easterners living der na wa 4 yoruba's.
Baby mama:

You are being threatened with Boko haram and your greater fear is the east
Kai
These people are useless o

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
Ola edo: [size=18pt]Boko Haram in Lagos: We’ll defend Yorubaland[/size]

Our Reporter March 24, 2013
By OMONIYI SALAUDEEN

The National coordinator of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), Otunba Gani Adams, has warned members of Boko Harm group to steer clear of Yoruba land in the interest of peace, unity and stability of the country. Speaking in an interview with Sunday Sun after the Thursday’s arrest of some terror suspects believed to be members of Boko Haram insurgency in Lagos State, Adam said his group would defend Yoruba land against any aggression with their last drop of blood.

His words, “We never thought that Boko Haram would ever think of coming to Yoruba land. We condemned what happened on Thursday out rightly and we are sending a warning signal to them that any attempt to bomb or destroy any part of Yoruba land will be met with severe resistance. Any group of person who attempts to attack Yoruba land will meet their waterloo. As an organization, we are prepared to defend Yoruba land with everything we have, including the last drop of blood in our veins. We will defend Yoruba land both physically and spiritually.”

He further expressed the willingness of the OPC to cooperate with
security
operatives in their efforts to ensure peace and safety of persons in the Southwest and Nigeria as a whole. “We are ready to co-operate with any security agent working to restore peace and tranquility in Yoruba land. Yoruba is not known for religious fanaticism. As a people, we believe that the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria allows for freedom of religion. Whether you are a Christian, Muslim or traditional worshiper, everybody should be free to practice what he or she believes in. We are sending a warning signal to the hierarchy of Boko Haram or Ansaru that they should not try what they are doing in the North in Yoruba land,” he added.

Adams said though none of the Southwest governors had approached him on the best possible strategy to adopt to safeguard the region, he assured that Yoruba would not be caught unaware in case of any eventuality. “I can’t count the number of calls I have received from well meaning Yoruba leaders between the incident of Thursdays and today. In my own opinion, Yoruba are prepared for any eventuality. Some of our Obas have called me; some other important personalities have also called me. Yoruba will not be caught unaware. I don’t know about the people in authority especially the governors and members of the state
Houses
of Assembly because I have never heard from them. No governor in Yoruba land has called me for us to sit down and map out strategies. All the same, we will contribute our own quota to ensure that Yoruba land is safe. From all indications, we are prepared for any eventuality,” he maintained.

Similarly, Senate Minority Whip, Senator Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon, representing Lagos West Senatorial District, also commended the security operatives for their proactive measure which led to the unraveling of the terror suspects before they could carry out their planned bombing. He said, “The security operatives need to be commended for the arrest of these terror suspects. It would have been terrible if they were able to carry out their planned bombing, but the security operatives were able to foil their planned attack.”

Urging the security agencies to be ahead of the terrorists, he added, “They (security operatives) need to ensure that they are several steps ahead of terror in Lagos. That this happened in Lagos calls for concern. There is a reason for everybody to be worried because Lagosians are not known for terrorism. Lagos is not known for terror of any kind. Lagos is a community where communal life is a way of life. People living together know one another.”

Solomon also advised residents of Lagos to be more vigilant and report any suspicious movement to the law enforcement agencies. “We need to pay more attention to our environment and live with a higher sense of vigilance. We should not take anything for granted. We need to be more vigilant and support efforts of security agencies”, he enjoined.

But a former Publicity Secretary of the Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, cautioned against creating unnecessary panic in the polity, saying “we only need to be more vigilant and conscious of movement around our environment.”

Odumakin warned that Yoruba would not succumb to any intimidation under whatever guise. “It is clear that all is not well in the country. Yoruba have no issue with anybody. We suspect that fifth columnists who want to instigate fear in Yoruba land are the one behind this thing. But Yoruba will not be vulnerable to any attack where ever it is coming from.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/boko-haram-in-lagos-well-defend-yorubaland/
k
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by emmatok(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
EMMA BC: this tribe is full of noise- making elites who have seized the media to vituperate all sorts of nonsense. Rather than take proactive measures, the OPC and their partners in noise are in d media displaying their usual cowardness as if they can fight BH.

My friend just keep shut.

Every Hausa/fulani that experience the MKO death crisis in Lagos, will not wish for another Lagos crisis.
Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by Ifetex(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
Okwu nkasi obi

2 Likes

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by NegroNtns(m): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2013
Billyonaire: My friend you have a job to do. It is Boko Haram versus OPC; An epic clash, we will be watching you from Biafra!

prepare refugee camps for your brothers.

an attack in SW will lead to cleansing of the land. you are not yoruba so you have no idea what "cleansing"means in this sense. it means if you are non-yoruba its time to vacate.

1 Like

Re: OPC Will Defend Yorubaland From Boko-Haram by sublimes: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Baby mama:

[size=18pt]Do you know my prayer for Nigeria
They have so much in common,I don't know why they won't merge into one big happy country
I will wear a burqua in this United States the whole day in celebration[/size]
Have you taken your drugs lately?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

3 PDP Members Arrested By Soldiers In Rivers Rerun (pics) / Edo Election: Ganduje Lands In Benin City For APC, Ize-Iyamu Campaign (Photos) / Picture Of Angela Merkel And Buhari Laughing In Abuja. Caption Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.