Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,061 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (9728 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Bible Proof The Rapture Theory Is False / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by RedLight1: 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2013
@op go to uk, most of the water used there are recycled especially during harsh winter... Including ur piss and bath water... Go and ask them how it happens
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Image123(m): 5:05pm On Mar 28, 2013
nep2ra: Isn't it funny that the OP's knowledge of God comes from Judaism, a religion that is culture and race specific. If you are not Jewish then stop wasting your time laying claims to a Jewish deity.
It would have made more sense if the OP was arguing using his ancestral religion as a reference point.
rubbish. How does this relate to the thread?
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Alfamann: Another quote from THE BOOK.

The op is a good christian.

I agree. no wonder the op s a good MUMU.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:36pm On Mar 28, 2013
onyfrank: Yes! If the earth was billion of yrs old, humans & animals would've drank it all up. We would have no oceans. Yet d oceans take up 75% of d globe.
I think u could also make a similar argument with oxygen. If humans existed 4 billions of yrs like d Darwinists claim, we would 've ran out of air too.
I knw many of u will show up here and claim dat all d water we drink is eventually given off as sweat and urine. Well, jst think abt it - that would mean that all our lakes, oceans, rivers and streams would consist of urine and sweat. Evry time it rains and snows there would sweat and urine falling from the sky. The entire earth would b a giant cesspool of sweat and urine - we would b making our coffee 4rm fresh urine 4rm our faucets, and bathing in sweat and urine.
Logically u hav to go with d bible on this one.

just look at the stupidity of all of this. I am speechless, since i myself come from a farming background and my father, grandfather , relatives, etc., have all been into it and know about the rains.

OP have you heard of evaporation? do you know what happens to the wet clothes, once you dry them outside.

do you know that sweat and Urine has salts, ammonia,etc, which are heavier and are therefore left behind?

even my relative in grade 1 knows this basic fact. Your stupidity astounds me. you are a true christian and man-worshipper.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

just look at the stupidity of all of this. I am speechless, since i myself come from a farming background and my father, grandfather , relatives, etc., have all been into it and know about the rains.

OP have you heard of evaporation? do you know what happens to the wet clothes, once you dry them outside.

do you know that sweat and Urine has salts, ammonia,etc, which are heavier and are therefore left behind?

even my relative in grade 1 knows this basic fact. Your stupidity astounds me. you are a true christian and man-worshipper.
Ok, i know hw ur father was prayn 4 rain to water his farm. Didn't u joined him in d prayer?
Did he show u when the water was flying up to d sky, u see any?
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
If u study science deeply enough and long enough it wl force u to believe in God
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by dorox(m): 12:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
onyfrank: .
Ok, i know hw ur father was prayn 4 rain to water his farm. Didn't u joined him in d prayer?

Will this clown ever stop? I found his ignorant pseudo scientific reasoning amusing at the beginning, but now it has since gone past stale and his insistence on continuing with this idiocy is insulting and becoming irritating to me as a believer in God.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
onyfrank: .

dude stop it! Our Gods are not like your man-God! angry

they wont just throw a bucket of water from the skies. they are Spiritual Forces. Praying, i.e, concentrating our Spiritual Energies on them , implies that these forces will influence the probability of us receivibng rains!

you cant see individual water vapour! angry angry angry angry

you can see only fogs and mists.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
onyfrank: If u study science deeply enough and long enough it wl force u to believe in God

I bliv in Gods and I bliv in Science but i dont bliv in christianity and stup.idity.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by nep2ra(m): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Image123:
rubbish. How does this relate to the thread?

I will tell you how it relates to the thread, O over-zealous and aggressive Christian Crusader.

The OP often quotes passages from the Torah. How does that relate to him? The textbook of Judaism is the Torah and this religion is culture and race specific. Why lay claim to a religion where it's adherents don't even recognize your race? Long and short of everything, the Jewish God is a tribal deity and if you are not a Jew and are quoting passages from the Torah, your argument is dead on arrival.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by nep2ra(m): 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I bliv in Gods and I bliv in Science but i dont bliv in christianity and stup.idity.

Tell them.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Image123(m): 12:22am On Apr 02, 2013
nep2ra:

I will tell you how it relates to the thread, O over-zealous and aggressive Christian Crusader.

The OP often quotes passages from the Torah. How does that relate to him? The textbook of Judaism is the Torah and this religion is culture and race specific. Why lay claim to a religion where it's adherents don't even recognize your race? Long and short of everything, the Jewish God is a tribal deity and if you are not a Jew and are quoting passages from the Torah, your argument is dead on arrival.
Seems you need attention ba? Don't you understand that christians are also adherents, or you think adherence is restricted to nationality?
Isa 42:1 Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
Isa 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.

Go and ruminate on these please.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Dipwater(m): 6:43am On Apr 02, 2013
Blood of muhammeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed. Ehyaaaaaaaah
I feel so sorry for the poster. Pls let's not turn this into xtian and atheist battle. This guy needs help

We shuld look for a way to assist him,as a fellow nlander.

@onyfrank ,brother don't worry u are gonna be alright eh!

Wow this dude has won the first position from buzugee aka obadiah. Buzu my guy u dey doll o. Frank don take over ur sit. Hope u will fight back sha. But for nau na frank dey reign

2 Likes

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
Don't worry, there wil b salty rain 2mrw, since am yet to c some being evaporated.
Shebi most of d oceans and seas ar salty?

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 1:57am On Apr 05, 2013
James 5vs18. 'and he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.'

Leviticus 26vs4. 'then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yeild its produce, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.'

Genesis 2vs5b. 'For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth. . .'

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 2:50am On Apr 05, 2013
Acts 14vs17. 'nevetheless He did not leave Himself a witness, in that He did good, gave us RAIN from heaven and fruitful seasons . . .'

Jere 5vs 24. 'they do not say in their heart, 'lets us now fear the Lord our God, who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season. . . .'
Jere 3vs3. 'therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain. . . .'

isaiah 55vs10. 'for as rain comes down and the snow from heaven, AND DO NOT RETURN THERE, BUT water the earth and makes it bring . . .'

eccl 1vs7 'all the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full, . . .'

1samuel 12vs16-17. 'now therefore stand and see this great thing which the Lord wil do before your eyes;
is today not the wheat harvest? I will call to the Lord, and He will send thunder and Rain, . . .'

exodus 9vs33. 'so moses went out of the city from pharaoh and spread out his hand to the Lord, then the thunder and the hail ceased, and the rain was not poured on the earth.

So u can go on and read.
Zech 10vs1; 14vs17.
Jere 14vs22.
2chronicle 7vs13; 6vs26-27.
Amos 4vs7.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 2:50am On Apr 05, 2013
Acts 14vs17. 'nevetheless He did not leave Himself a witness, in that He did good, gave us RAIN from heaven and fruitful seasons . . .'

Jere 5vs 24. 'they do not say in their heart, 'lets us now fear the Lord our God, who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season. . . .'
Jere 3vs3. 'therefore the showers have been withheld, and there has been no latter rain. . . .'

isaiah 55vs10. 'for as rain comes down and the snow from heaven, AND DO NOT RETURN THERE, BUT water the earth and makes it bring . . .'

1samuel 12vs16-17. 'now therefore stand and see this great thing which the Lord wil do before your eyes;
is today not the wheat harvest? I will call to the Lord, and He will send thunder and Rain, . . .'

exodus 9vs33. 'so moses went out of the city from pharaoh and spread out his hand to the Lord, then the thunder and the hail ceased, and the rain was not poured on the earth.

So u can go on and read.
Zech 10vs1; 14vs17.
Jere 14vs22.
Amos 4vs7.

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Nobody: 3:34am On Apr 05, 2013
grin

Where's davidylan?
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:07pm On Apr 05, 2013
musKeeto: grin

Where's davidylan?
hehehehehe onlyfrank giving him a run for his money grin grin grin grin
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Nkeon: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2013
Your silliness does nothing to glorify the name of God at all. All you do is validate atheists' presumptions that Christians are stupid (not that such generalisations are appropriate in the first place).

Btw, even if your ridiculous claims did prove that the world isn't billions of years old it wouldn't necessarily prove any specific religion to be true.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2013
Nkeon: Your silliness does nothing to glorify the name of God at all. All you do is validate atheists' presumptions that Christians are stupid (not that such generalisations are appropriate in the first place).

Btw, even if your ridiculous claims did prove that the world isn't billions of years old it wouldn't necessarily prove any specific religion to be true.
who are u pls?
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 10:25am On Apr 06, 2013
If water doesn't dry up, then why isn't d world stl underwater 4rm d gr8 flood? Rain is God's gift or punishment to man. Nothing to do with clouds or water in d air.
Atheism is jst a foundation built on a sand bkus it only look good outside bt actually is weak inside.
Like Francis of Asisi said, "faith is higher than reason. Reason is useless unless u believe"

4 Likes

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Kay17: 4:36pm On Apr 06, 2013
And somebody liked the above! Loool!!

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by onyfrank: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2013
Kay 17: And somebody liked the above! Loool!!
most atheist are devious in words and dia accusations are full of insults. It is natural to hate and want to engage in name calling and to point out hw utterly ignorant these ppl are atimes.
However, you cannot tear off a man's nose and then giv him a flower to smell
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by dorox(m): 8:31pm On Apr 06, 2013
Kay 17: And somebody liked the above! Loool!!
The thing tire me o!

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by alfaman2: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2013
I am yet to see a christian use the bible to disprove the op. Instead they are using....SCIENTIFIC TEACHING!

1 Like

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Apr 06, 2013
onyfrank: Acts 14vs17. 'nevetheless He did not leave Himself a witness, in that He did good, gave us RAIN from heaven and fruitful seasons . . .'

So u can go on and read.
Zech 10vs1; 14vs17.
Jere 14vs22.
Amos 4vs7.
this man, you no dey do well at all oh. Hope no one shares this your style with you sha.
BTW, all the verses you've quoted simply show us that God is sovereign. Nothing escapes Him. He is in charge of all things. But don't be confused as to think that we and other bodies do not have our designed roles to play. God rules in the affairs of men, puts one up and sets one down, gives us our daily bread etc but we need to go out and work, school, learn etc. The verses simply show that in God we have our being.
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
We should never forget God or act/live independent of God.
Jam 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Jam 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Jam 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

That's why we usually thank God. He's the one that provides for us and protects us ultimately. It's the same thing with the elements, the weather, the sun, the rain, the planets etc. God has already designed how they should function, but we should not forget that they are under God's control. The waves, the sun, the rain, the animals etc are under God's control. Man is also under God's control.
Psa 24:1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

One or two verses that may require an extra,

Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Perhaps the CEV might help improve the comprehension, see below
Isa 55:10 "Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don't return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat.
Isa 55:11 That's how it is with my words. They don't return to me without doing everything I send them to do."

Notice that Verse 10 and Verse 11 are compared to one another. God says His word will not return to Him void, not that His word will not return to Him. That is, His Word will not return to Him until it has fulfilled its purpose. t's the same way the rain does not return to the heaven without fulfilling its purpose of watering the earth.
Also consider,
Psa 135:7 He causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
This is indicative of evaporation. Its what happens when water boils, when water disappears from your food in the pot and cooks it. Some of the vapour can cool and turn from gaseous state(vapour) to liquid again and you can see it on the ceiling just above the pot. Its what happens to the wet cloth/shoe that you dry. The vapours ascend. See the previous verse,
Psa 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
There is the conjuction verse again. It is the Lord that did it, though He has already ordained and set the principles and 'laws' in place.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 08, 2013
Funny thread.. Op's heading full speed toward ignorant doom.. atheist throws down the gauntlet..
alfaman2: I am yet to see a christian use the bible to disprove the op. Instead they are using....SCIENTIFIC TEACHING!

Up steps our resident NL Troll for Jesus, Image123roll... to add some spice to thread....

Image123:
this man, you no dey do well at all oh. Hope no one shares this your style with you sha.
BTW, all the verses you've quoted simply show us that God is sovereign. Nothing escapes Him. He is in charge of all things.
Indeed. Including the dismal performance of his creatures in the Garden of Eden auditions, the failure of the children of his loved one Abraham, to keep to his commandments.. and others..

Image123:
But don't be confused as to think that we and other bodies do not have our designed roles to play. God rules in the affairs of men, puts one up and sets one down, gives us our daily bread etc but we need to go out and work, school, learn etc. The verses simply show that in God we have our being.
Act 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
We should never forget God or act/live independent of God.
Jam 4:13 Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
Jam 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
Jam 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

An unnecessary sermon that has no bearing on the topic - HYDROLOGICAL CYCLE... but when did Christians ever have a bearing?

Image123:
That's why we usually thank God. He's the one that provides for us and protects us ultimately. It's the same thing with the elements, the weather, the sun, the rain, the planets etc. God has already designed how they should function, but we should not forget that they are under God's control. The waves, the sun, the rain, the animals etc are under God's control. Man is also under God's control.
Psa 24:1 The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

Conveniently forgetting mudslides, tsunamis, earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes... all God's control, all God's plan...

And then comes the most desperate attempt in NL history to align Scriptures with science...

Image123:
One or two verses that may require an extra,
Isa 55:10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Perhaps the CEV might help improve the comprehension, see below
Isa 55:10 "Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don't return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat.
Isa 55:11 That's how it is with my words. They don't return to me without doing everything I send them to do."

Notice that Verse 10 and Verse 11 are compared to one another. God says His word will not return to Him void, not that His word will not return to Him. That is, His Word will not return to Him until it has fulfilled its purpose. t's the same way the rain does not return to the heaven without fulfilling its purpose of watering the earth.
Also consider,
Psa 135:7 He causeth the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
This is indicative of evaporation. Its what happens when water boils, when water disappears from your food in the pot and cooks it. Some of the vapour can cool and turn from gaseous state(vapour) to liquid again and you can see it on the ceiling just above the pot. Its what happens to the wet cloth/shoe that you dry. The vapours ascend. See the previous verse,
Psa 135:6 Whatsoever the LORD pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
There is the conjuction verse again. It is the Lord that did it, though He has already ordained and set the principles and 'laws' in place.

So in summary, the OP was right. Everything you need to know about the hydrological cycle can be learned from the Bible. All you need is the right verse, and most importantly, the RIGHT TRANSLATION.

Ladies and gentlemen, CHRISTIANITY has given SCIENCE a knockout blow...

2 Likes

Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2013
actually, i was addressing onyfrank.
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2013
Image123: actually, i was addressing onyfrank.
And I was addressing you...
Re: Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. by Image123(m): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2013
musKeeto:
And I was addressing you...
ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Best Praise, Thanks Giving And Worship Song What are Yours? / Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / How Do People Become Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.