Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,285 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? (3557 Views)

Putting A Stop To The "Yoruba-igbo" Ethnic Rivalry. / Inter-ethnic Marriages Or NYSC Which Can Promote National Integration Better? / Ibo And Yoruba Rivalry - Myths And Facts - Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by ikeyman00(m): 12:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
^^^ok noted

u quite right haaa
big man

still ikeyman

never worry cool
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by ikeyman00(m): 12:41pm On Mar 25, 2013
@@@

pataki

And yet again, you prove why everyone calls you a certified dunce.

1. In your inglorious foolishness, you implied my statement as: OBJ met with bokoharam. That is plain idiocy. Take time to read, analytically break down my statement before you ever rush to quote me again on this forum!

2. OBJ went to Boko Haram's den. That is a FACT! What he did go and do there? Discuss about blowing up Igbos abi? You paranoid freaks.

3. Give me just one general from your all Igbo land with all the security apparatus from the Federal Government that can perform such a feat that a YORUBA man did with Boko Haram!

but me have to remind u this is not ENGLISH

therefore tread with caution if i were u

still me!
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2013
Genius100:

It is not about supporting. No reasonable person will accuse you of supporting ethnic or racial intolerance but you definitely tolerate it and that is a huge disservice to your person as the administrator. Ethnic baiting is when you incite ethnic battles. Ethnic baiting is calling "Yorubas" Yoruba, ethnic baiting is calling Igbos, Igbo. Ethnic baiting is engaging in conduct that is insulting to another ethnic group.

I'm quite surprised at your mentality. It's almost like you think you are generating a lot of traffic because of the ethnic wars on this site. Do you think people come to Nairaland because they like ethnic wars? There is something called "User Experience". You ought to look up the definition and understand it's relationship with profitability.

U live up to that username @ dis post....kudos.....!!!

Business cloud moral atimes....tis just business so they say....!!!
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Gbawe: 12:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
HNosegbe: @ OP,

Nairaland is a microcosm of Nigeria. Whatever ethnic rivalries you see here are reflective of the state of affairs in the larger country.

No my brother. You are flat wrong. You are intelligent enough to know that we would surely see a reflection of your assertion on the ground if Nairaland is indeed a microcosm of our Nation.

There are other Nigerian forums that are not like Nairaland specifically because of the calibre of people who join those sites !!! If you are tribalistic, hateful, prejudiced or an ethnic jingoist, you will be lonely on those sites and leave in the end because no one is in the mood for your prejudiced, toxic and discriminatory views/antics. On Nairaland, the 'Jerry Springer' of Nigerian forums, you are a star the more bigoted or outrageous you are.

The truth some may be uncomfortable with is that Nairaland is a forum, by its very nature, that losers, failures, frustrated, hateful and thrashy people are encouraged to join. This is why they troop here to behave in a manner that will not be encouraged or tolerated elsewhere. This place is simply a congregation of the worst and most disturbed Nigerians although that does not mean you will not find a few good people here.

Ultimately, you cannot land in hell and claim it is a microcosm of Earth. Rather, hell has evil people there because it is their natural home same as Nairaland is a comfortable home to deviant and aberrant folks. You cannot say the Jerry Springer show is a microcosm of the USA when we all know it is a congregation of thrashy, uncouth and poorly educated people. Abeg, let us put Nairaland in perspective ojare.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by ikeyman00(m): 1:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
^^^ but what more do WE the good people of NIGERIA wana know when u have ur hero and criminal acn oga saying that blowing people up in the churches and that is really a minor crime

i really dnt know wat to make of ur kind

u are a real hard nut

i can only hope i come across now in PLAIN ENGLISH
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 25, 2013
nnenna.1:

Ok...it's like most of my points are flying over your head.

A list of Nobel prize winners and years that they won:

Out of the people in this list, the average literary aficionado would know 40%-50%, and the average person with some education or exposure to literature would know about 10%-20%.

The Nobel Prize in literature is a very prestigious one, but it doesn't necessarily have a bearing on how a person's achievement in literature is measured(i.e. high-brow artistic appreciation and dissemination by large groups of people).

If that was the case, Mark Twain would be less of an author than Christian Matthias Theodor Mommsen (winner in 1902).

Get it?

It's a prize determined and awarded by a small group of people, at the end of the day.

Ma'am/sir,

ur arguements lack stand.....Achebe is gonnbe remembered for Life as far as the world still exist and History.....!!!

U don't have to ridicule an award by whatever antics/tactics simply cuz ur favourite is not considered.....!!!

Afterall Soyinka fulfilled the requirement for this award.......as such he Got it....the First in Africa!!

Both Soyinka and Achebe are Professionals,they are Nigerians and Africans but one is a professional with the prize of the Field......Lets Celebrate them!!!

If Achebe doesn't bring the prize to Igboland, another writer will do.....!!!
We can't all get it all or else there would be nothing for others to get....!!

Stop the ridicule......Those awarding the prize(nobel laureate) aint idio.....ts......they see beyond what u re seeing cuz they are expert and proven professionals in the field of literature !!!!!
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hmm
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
Seun:
Nope. I think successful forums are harder to control. And I think Afam4eva and OAM4j are not moderating loosely.

Nairaland is quite well moderated, but there's a lot of room for improvement, therefore we will continue to strive for improvement.

Banning me cannot save you if i mean it o. Earn your respect and stop acting like a dictator. Cowardice in display yeah? Fear what hasn't been done. Be very careful you this lightweight
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Genius100: 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
Seun:
Nope. I think successful forums are harder to control. And I think Afam4eva and OAM4j are not moderating loosely.

Nairaland is quite well moderated, but there's a lot of room for improvement, therefore we will continue to strive for improvement.

Yes, succesful forums are harder to control but how can you expect the moderation to be effective when you don't even have a clear rule banning ethnic incitements? People don't have a clear sense of what they can or cannot say, so essentially you are just making the job of your moderators more difficult. You need to make sure everyone understands that ethnic provocation is prohibited on this forum, create a thread where people can report instances of ethnic provocation so your moderators do not have to go looking, and mete our severe punishments to the offenders. When offenders are banned for 2 days and they are allowed to register new user IDs while being banned, how will that deter their behavior? Don't let the same culture of impunity that has ruined your forum ruin your beloved website.

You may think you can afford to be complacent because Nairaland is by far the most successful Nigerian online forum but history is littered with market leaders that got complacent and paid very dearly for it...
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
babe_online:
For someone to win a nobel prize that means the person must have been recognized for his good work(S). Whenever Soyinka dies he is going to be recognized more because not only is he a guru in language but he is also speaking and standing up for the people of his country.

If the Nobel Prize guaranteed recognition above others why does the average literary person regard some non-winners over some winners?

Why does Mark Twain (who didn't win the prize) have a much larger legacy than some of his contemporaries who did?

Why is Hitler regarded as a war monger despite the fact that he won the Nobel peace prize

Why are Ghandi and Nkrumah blessed with a better political legacy though they didn't win?

Why is Achebe considered the father of African Literature, despite the fact that Soyinka was the first African to win the prize?

It's a great honor, but it is a prize at the end of the day, not the be all and end all of a person"s legacy.

This does not detract from the fact that Soyinka is a respected figure in literature. Let's not get too carried away, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by tpia5: 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
why do nigerians always harp on the nobel prize?

many good writers did not win one, and neither does winning or not winning it, affect the quality of their writing.
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by tpia5: 3:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
Nairaland is quite well moderated

this must be sarcasm, or pep talk.

but there's a lot of room for improvement, therefore we will continue to strive for improvement.

*insert prayer here*
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 5:29pm On Mar 26, 2013
As long as it generate traffic to the site, it wont stop . . .
Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2013

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Ethnic Rivalry On Nairaland? by ikeyman00(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
tpia@: 3:27pm

why do nigerians always harp on the nobel prize?

many good writers did not win one, and neither does winning or not winning it, affect the quality of their writing.

i rest my case

can only hope those dumpy and bitter clans are listening lipsrsealed

they know dem self lipsrsealed

deluders could u lot hear me 2 nite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Held Clandestine Meetings With APC - Group / APC May Lose In Lagos Next Year- APC Nat Legal Adviser Muiz Banire Warns / Patience Jonathan Seeks Support For Buhari’s Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.