Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,998 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US (19878 Views)

We Will Take Out The S-400 If A Nato Member Jet Is Hit: Us Defence Chief / Romney's Son: I Wanted To Hit Obama / N.korea Threatens To Finish S.korea In 3-4mins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 11:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
oiseworld:

Thank u bro,
I laugh when ever I hear about china's military strength, is that all they have? the whole of china's economy is controlled by the west. Because they (west) are the market on which china survives. US will frustrate the hell out of them, what d hell do they have self, if they don't caution NK before it's too late, they might end up funding the war indirectly for the US and still be supporting north Korea on the Inside thereby loosing on both ends.

Lmao...

If poverty ridden China and its red army could defeat the Americans + UN forces, what makes you think America can defeat the new China militarily grin

You lot are jokers!! If you study China's military strategy and how effective the Chinese are at what they do - you won't spew crap on here... War is not a joke - and I seriously doubt America can win a conventional war against any super-power in the East, to be honest...
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by lawkenoz(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2013
Pesin D̶̲̥̅̊ëƔ for inside him house D̶̲̥̅̊ëƔ halla nd shout becos he get matchet nd pump action. Forget say d pesin he D̶̲̥̅̊ëƔ rake for get him own armada nd him own house too. I pity dem! NKiru get nuclear bomb assume say Uncle Sam get just grenade? War is neva Good for anyside both sides will loose but who will loose more? World power go always D̶̲̥̅̊ëƔ so anybody wey no like am mek he go quarell for egypt nd babylon wey start am first! Leave US nd isreal alone. Evry body don tire for arabs wahala!
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by kodewrita(m): 12:35am On Mar 27, 2013
Nobody wants a united korea under any guise. Not china. Not japan. Not the us.

Such an entity would have military might to rival both japan and china plus tech smarts to rival them too. Besides they will also have cheap labor in the form of low wage north koreans.

Economically, not a good idea for anybody.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by bookface: 12:35am On Mar 27, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao...

If poverty ridden China and its red army could defeat the Americans + UN forces, what makes you think America can defeat the new China militarily grin

You lot are jokers!! If you study China's military strategy and how effective the Chinese are at what they do - you won't spew crap on here... War is not a joke - and I seriously doubt America can win a conventional war against any super-power in the East, to be honest...

I think this will largely depend on how you define a war. Theoretically speaking, America has not declared a war on any country since the end of World War 2. There has been several extended military engagements authorized by Congress or the United Nations, but these are not by US legal definition a "war". The last times US declared war, it sought an unconditional surrender of the enemy. If the US declares a full scale war, i doubt if there are few superpowers in the east that can really muscle up with the yanks. Even Soviet Russia bowed when US upgraded to DEFCON 2 during the cuban missile crises when Kennedy ordered American bombers to earth orbit points, few minutes strike from Russia.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Elkay199: 12:41am On Mar 27, 2013
texazzpete:

That 'tiny israel' possesses enough firepower to deal decisively with Iran...and this time I suspect most of the other Arab nations will sit this one out.

Israel has tech weaponry on par with the US...not just bought, but also developed locally.
israel woudnt dare attack Iran witout US intervention. They truly knw the implications, IRAN is one of the most powerful nation in the middle east. Israel with a total population of 7mill+ wanna attack IRAN I can't stop laffing. Even the size of IRANian army is twice the d total population of Israel. IRAN has one of the most advanced cyber-technology. Their ballistic missiles are the best, their borders are un-penetratable. Israel is only relying on the US and their useless Iron Dome system, wc couldn't not even destroy one tenth of hamas missiles during their last war.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 1:02am On Mar 27, 2013
bookface:
I think this will largely depend on how you define a war. Theoretically speaking, America has not declared a war on any country since the end of World War 2. There has been several extended military engagements authorized by Congress or the United Nations, but these are not by US legal definition a "war". The last times US declared war, it sought an unconditional surrender of the enemy. If the US declares a full scale war, i doubt if there are few superpowers in the east that can really muscle up with the yanks. Even Soviet Russia bowed when US upgraded to DEFCON 2 during the cuban missile crises when Kennedy ordered American bombers to earth orbit points, few minutes strike from Russia.

Lmao... Bro., why are you trying to sound politically correct?? grin Perhaps, you're in the US Army because I know a few blokes in the US Navy on a military forum and they always give the same excuse... grin

America has been involved in more than 5 wars since world war 2(I didn't include the ones they fought under the NATO umbrella)...

And about the Cuban missile crisis - we all saw the fear in the faces of all Americans... Heck, even JFK was confused about what to do... grin At the end of the day, the yanks had to concede more to the Russians for them to get their missiles off Cuban and they also lost a U-2 plane.... So the Russians didn't "bow" - the yanks did.... In a conventional war, just know that the yanks are going against mother Russia that has the highest number of nuclear warheads in the world and a country that has never been the defeated on home soil.... And a formidable modern Chinese military with one of the most effective military strategies in the world... The yaks don't even have the money to finance any war... grin

The morale of the soldiers would also play a major role in any war - and we all know that yanks aren't the most motivated people when it comes to wars... The same can't be said about the Russians and the Chinese...
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 1:29am On Mar 27, 2013
America could end the world tomorrow if she really wanted to. Full stop.

The USA spends more each year on its military then the other 20 top nations COMBINED! Add China, Russia, and the European Nations together just to equal the US military expenditure.

As an example, the US has 10 aircraft carriers that are literally unmatched in firepower. Each one could wipe out a small nation. China recently bought its first aircraft carrier (it is a 1960's model from Bulgaria).

No contest.

The US has flying robots that are capable of dropping nuclear warheads, stealth planes capable of dropping nuclear warheads, long range missiles capable of dropping nuclear warheads, stealth submarines capable of dropping nuclear warheads, I could go on.... And the US has a top notch missile defense program.

The US has military bases in 130 countries. The US has vast experience in war in every environment (urban, rural, desert, jungle, mountain, etc).

The US special forces will find you anywhere in the world and put a bullet in your head. Just ask the terrorists.

American citizens own over 300 million personal firearms. Not counting the police.

America has the best technology, can feed itself, and its citizens are crazy.

And the US never rides alone. If you want to fight the US you better be ready to fight Japan, South Korea, Israel, all of Europe, and Saudi Arabia.

Any questions?

4 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 1:45am On Mar 27, 2013
America's War History

America's first war was against the top super power in the world at the time (Great Britain). They won.

America fought the top superpower in the world in the 1940's (The Axis Powers). They won.

American democracy fought Russian communism, America won. Put a man on the moon in the process (just to show off).

America has only "lost" wars against tiny countries that it politically never allowed itself to go all out on. If the US wanted to kill every Iraqi, do you think this could not be done in 30 minutes? It can, but American citizens wouldn't allow it.

I don't know where this meme got started that the US is scared of other countries. America is a cold blooded killer that has committed genocide, enslaved other human beings, nuclear bombed unarmed citizens in superpower Japan (the same Japan that controlled most of China at the time, and the entire Korean peninsula), massacred the Germans (the same Germans that were annihilating the Russians), and single handedly placed Israel in the middle of the holy land just because they felt bad. Then killed anyone who didn't like it.

I'm not saying America should be proud of any of those things (they shouldn't), but it should make any potential enemies more than a little nervous.

America is founded by the rejects of the world, every immigrant goes there for freedom and to move away from a place they didn't like. Zero percent of them will lay down in the face of a fight that reaches American shores.

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by imperiouxx(m): 1:57am On Mar 27, 2013
larry_jayz: and who told you north korea doesnt have this nuke you are talking about, stop acting like mr know all, have you been to where they produce or store their weapons, una don turn US to small god.

Egbon, I hope your eyes weren't plastered while typing your comment. We all know NK has nukes but it's just like you want to exchange slap from a baby with that from a middle age man. You know little of what you are talking about. US has the world power and I doubt if any reasonable person ever doubt if such country does have all it takes to continue being the world power. Leave the walls of Nigeria before you continue defending your point of argument on what is at long distance to you.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 2:01am On Mar 27, 2013
In World War 2...

15 million Chinese died
23 million Russians died

450,000 Americans died, won the war.

65 million people died in World War 2. Russia and China took almost half of those deaths.

Nuff said... cool
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 2:19am On Mar 27, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao... Bro., why are you trying to sound politically correct?? grin Perhaps, you're in the US Army because I know a few blokes in the US Navy on a military forum and they always give the same excuse... grin

America has been involved in more than 5 wars since world war 2(I didn't include the ones they fought under the NATO umbrella)...

And about the Cuban missile crisis - we all saw the fear in the faces of all Americans... Heck, even JFK was confused about what to do... grin At the end of the day, the yanks had to concede more to the Russians for them to get their missiles off Cuban and they also lost a U-2 plane.... So the Russians didn't "bow" - the yanks did.... In a conventional war, just know that the yanks are going against mother Russia that has the highest number of nuclear warheads in the world and a country that has never been the defeated on home soil.... And a formidable modern Chinese military with one of the most effective military strategies in the world... The yaks don't even have the money to finance any war... grin

The morale of the soldiers would also play a major role in any war - and we all know that yanks aren't the most motivated people when it comes to wars... The same can't be said about the Russians and the Chinese...
Funny hater of Americans!
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 27, 2013
Lmao... Go get the number of those who died due to post traumatic stress from Iraq alone... undecided

They should be in their millions now..
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 27, 2013
all4naija: Funny hater of Americans!

Hater of America?? What's there to hate about America?? - fried chicken?? 4XL burgers?? Oversized cars?? Half-baked colleges??undecided undecided

Anyway, I love hiphop and American sports... and this isn't about hating Americans - it's about being objective...

Real yanks know I gatts more love for them than you, bro bro... grin

America is like the immature adult of the world... undecided
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 2:29am On Mar 27, 2013
shymexx: Lmao... Go get the number of those who died due to post traumatic stress from Iraq alone... undecided

They should be in their millions now..

America never sent millions to Iraq, so that would be impossible.

1.5 million US soldiers served in Iraq. About 10% develop PTSD (according to the Internet), and only a very small number die. It is very tragic.

Another important thing to remember about the US, is that for all it's strength it utilizes A LOT of restraint and tries to make up for its mistakes.

The same country that enslaved blacks, now has a black president. The same country that nuclear bombed Japan spent billions rebuilding Japan (and Germany) after the war. Now Japan (and Germany) is one of their strongest allies. Gave billions to Western Europe to rebuild, helped South Korea rebuild after the Korean War, and even offered billions to the Soviet Union (but they refused and wallowed in poverty).

The US gives more in charity than any other nation (both in dollar amount and per capita). The US leads the world in advancing human rights. How are gays treated in Nigeria for example? Who takes in the most asylum seekers on the planet? What country produced Martin Luther King and others? If GEJ started killing citizens tomorrow, who would Nigerians call out for to help? Why are there Muslims in hijab safely walking the streets of NYC? Where did the first female self made millionaire come from (she was black too)? What country revived democracy after thousands of years of monarchy in the world? What country gives out its technology like candy? Where did the Internet come from? What other country has black astronauts?

America is not perfect, but it always tries to be better than it is.

Still...America will crush any and all countries that attack it.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by cap28: 3:01am On Mar 27, 2013
The United States are using lies and propaganda on clueless people who still havent understood that america is the real terrorist nation and not a tiny country like north korea, every nation has the right to defend itself from the imperialist agenda of the united states:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=096hnKDw5tc

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 3:35am On Mar 27, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao...

Well good point but I'm now telling you that US controls the largest,strongest and the most versatile Military forces the world will ever know if that means anything to u. Its not by Number my dear its by QUALITY AND SPECIALTY AND NOT Quality.... abeg make any country no try US and ISREAL... Go ask Japan and ask egypt why they signed the peace PACT. CHINA means large quantity nonsense of every fake thing.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 27, 2013
Jastombutex11:

Well good point but I'm now telling you that US controls the largest,strongest and the most versatile Military forces the world will ever know if that means anything to u. Its not by Number my dear its by QUALITY AND SPECIALTY AND NOT Quality.... abeg make any country no try US and ISREAL... Go ask Japan and ask egypt why they signed the peace PACT. CHINA means large quantity nonsense of every fake thing.
In real war China can't stand Japan. That is a fact! You need to read about wars in ASIAN and PACIFIC. I wonder why some people come around here to play war games from their sentimental minds and think that is reality of it.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by KayDee4: 3:47am On Mar 27, 2013
cap28: The United States are using lies and propaganda on clueless people who still havent understood that america is the real terrorist nation and not a tiny country like north korea, every nation has the right to defend itself from the imperialist agenda of the united states:

Oya tell us they want to invade N.Korea for their oil.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by KayDee4: 4:09am On Mar 27, 2013
The US will be secretly wishing that none of these hot spots (Syria, Iran, Mali and N.Korea) boils over the red line; they would rather not get into any senseless war, they are not ready for another one (psychologically / financially). They haven't recovered from the Iraq-Afghanistan fiasco, the economy is still very shaky, they can't even pay returning and wounded vets, 10 yrs after the Iraqi invasion, people are still outraged that they got into it in the first place; but if it comes down to the 'come down', they wont hesitate to delete North Korea from the world map.

. . . . . and as long as we have troublesome countries and terrorist who may one day just decide to nuke themselves and take the whole world along, I don't mind having the US do world policing duties.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by politicalpastor: 4:31am On Mar 27, 2013
Originakalokalo: War? Abegi oooo.i hope it wont escalate to third war.olumo rock here i come.i hear say even missile no fit enter that place. undecided

GUY, THATS NOT TRUE, UNLESS NIGERIA FIGHT ALONG SIDE WITH U S, IF NOT, THE U S MILITARY HAS WHAT THEY CALL BUNKER BUSTER BOMB THAT CAN DESTROY THE FOUNDATTION OF BOTH OLUMO ROCK AND ASO ROCK OR WHAT EVER ROCKINTHE WORLD.
JUST PRAY NIGERIA SHOULD FIGHT ALONG SIDE WITH AMERICA. THEN U MIGHT BE SAVE. THANK U.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 5:37am On Mar 27, 2013
You America doubters should watch a show called Future Weapons, hosted by a former Navy Seal. Then talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qkEmM2V9BQ

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 5:46am On Mar 27, 2013
Also...1 out of every 50 American soldiers is a robot. This is increasing every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyyNq1Ly3Uw
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 5:51am On Mar 27, 2013
Imagine this thing running after you with weapons on its back...coming to a Boko base near you...very soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chPanW0QWhA
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 5:54am On Mar 27, 2013
This thing scares the crap out of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ezXBEBE6U
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 5:57am On Mar 27, 2013
No lie...they are already using lasers as weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqLkpcHavZE
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 6:06am On Mar 27, 2013
This is how America will use lasers to blow up North Koreas nukes before they even go anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2eehBk_DNQ
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by Kairoseki77: 6:09am On Mar 27, 2013

Military spending by country. US spends about 700 billion a year, which is 43% of the global total.

700 billion dollars is 110.845 TRILLION Naira.

Or...30 years worth of the FG's annual budget.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by pleep(m): 6:10am On Mar 27, 2013
I agree with mike-jones.. america can destroy north korea before they knew what hit them. The U.S has 9 nuclear powered subs that could take out all North koreas missle facilities at the same time.

1 Like

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by smajatt(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=16pt]LETS GO DIER[/size]. grin grin
[size=18pt]THIS IS WHAT HAV BEEN WAITING FOR[/size]. grin grin
LET THEM ENGAGE THE U.S SO THAT IRAN CAN DEAL WITH DAT TINY ISRAEL. grin grin
[size=20pt]ISRAEL HAS BEEN HIDING UNDER U.S SKIRT TO MAKE MOUTH[/size].
incase u dnt knw dat tiny Israel is d backbone of u.s. If iran tries anytin funny infact dy wil wish dy wea never born.let me tel u sumtin new 'let dem combine al d palestine countries 2geda dy cnt stand Israel,go bak nd browse on 6 day war,wea Israel conqurd al d suroundng arab nation incldng egypt nd d funiest part is dat it was fought by kids' so dude watch us mouth wen u tok.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by topmostg: 7:32am On Mar 27, 2013
Michaeljones36: This is how America will use lasers to blow up North Koreas nukes before they even go anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2eehBk_DNQ
you might be right you know.....

Lets say for instance n.k launched 100 nuclear warheads at a go, will that thing be able to stop every missile?

I doubt that.....

More grease to n.k and iran's elbow for not bowing to the bully americans

the americans might have allies around the world but that might change when shiiit hits the fan.....

2 Likes

Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by dandollaz: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2013
firstolalekan:
IMPOSSIBLE NA
LET DEM TRY IT NA, DEM GO HEAR WHEHH. IF NOT FOR U.S...
Bros dont try isreal oooo majority of American pilot and engrs are isrealites.if you don't know there history u better start now.that country na small but mighty.ask Lebanon they will till u that isreal level there country in 3days,ask hesbolla he will till you "don't try isreal oooo"they will break you bones oooo"meanwhile us need them as much as they need isreal.
Re: North-Korea In Combat Posture To Hit US by kodewrita(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2013
Just a gift to you guys from a website called Quora.

Category: Military History and Wars.

Question: How much stronger is the United States military compared with the next strongest power?

Responder: Daniel Kearns (former paratrooper with the 82nd 82nd Airborne Division.)

Answer:

No other military or combination of militaries could even begin to inflict the slightest numbers of casualties on the United States Military in a conventional war.

Consider:

The US spends close to what the entire rest of the world spends in defense. 711 Billion. Per year. The next closest is China at 143 Billion.

The M1 Abrams tank has seen more combat than just about any other tank on the battlefield today. It has never been knocked out by enemy fire. (Completely killed) Ever. China has less than five hundred Type 99 tanks, that have just been developed, and are not even close to being as good as the Abrams. We have 8,700 Abrams.

We have 10 aircraft carriers. The good kind. Everyone else has 10. Combined. And they are mostly small ships that can launch helicopters.

There are 8400 attack helicopters in the world. The US has 6400 of them.

The United States has engaged in every type of ground warfare in the last 20 years. From mountains to jungles, and from desert to urban, we have the some of the most experienced warriors in the world. No other country comes close to the amount of combat veterans that we have.

We own all the satellites that guide GPS systems. We have all the advanced stealth technology. The latest sensors? US. The latest information systems? US. An Abrams tank can see a target, the Tank Commander can instantly send that target to every tank in his Company. Now you have 14 tanks looking for you. Oh, and it also uploads to every Apache helicopter in the area. Every indirect and direct fire system in the area knows what you are and where you are. Your survivability just dropped to O. Instantly.

Fighting a conventional war against the US would be like a 3 year old child playing chess against Gary Kasparov. They wouldn't even know what they were supposed to be looking at.

http://www.quora.com/Military-History-and-Wars-1/How-much-stronger-is-the-United-States-military-compared-with-the-next-strongest-power

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Important Political Events In 2019 That Could Affect Global Politics / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.