Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092322 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

That's them cowering in behind the books to shift the blame from them. Now who's referencing the books. Shireen will be sacrificed has always been a book theory, because in the books, she stays at the wall, what kind of king brings his family to a siege. While she's at the wall, a wildling named Val sees her and tells Jon that she's unclean, that greyscale isnt deadly in children, that it sleeps in children, soon to be awaken when she grows older. She then goes on to say if i were her mother i would have killed her since. Now no book reader is saying Shireen wont die. But it wouldn't be at the hands of Stannis, for such a stupid reason. If she dies Stannis would have no part in it, because he named Shireen his heir. And that's were they went wrong.

Okay bro. Right. You are in a position to tell the writers of a multi million dollar tv show where they "went wrong"... got it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 7:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
The only annoying thing about episode 9 is daneryes armies.. They were just being slaughtered by common street fighters.

So of what essence did cutting of their dick do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:
Its the potrayal of Stannis that people didnt agree it. And the show writers have this way of potraying emotions in such a silly way to lead up to a shocker in the next few episodes. Example, Sansa was potrayed at the end of season 4 as someone who was finally going to take charge and stop being the victim, to start playing the game, her walk down the stairs, her face, you could see it, then season 5 starts and she starts crying again, she starts being a victim again, soon she gets raped, that was the problem with that. Then Stannis, who was potrayed as the best dad in the world,"you're the princess Shireen blah blah", "i told them all to go to hell blah", "i hired every healer blah" then him with Mel, "Get out blah". Stannis who was set up as strong, stubborn, as dutiful, who survived a siege without food for a year, who was down to eating glue and boots and rats( it was even the same scenario in the books for the march. They had no food either, and were eating horses). Suddenly Ramsay uses "20 good men blah", which defies all logic, to sabotage their camps, full of 5-6000 men, and the writers thinking we're stupid and will play along. Think about it "20 good men" "a camp of 5-6000", how did they find the supply train, weren't there sentries, how come they didnt see them, only for Davos to say "20 good men" later. Suddenly Stannis, thinks he cant take it anymore, they'll starve, they'll freeze, let me go ahead with Mel's plan, let me burn Shireen. What was disgusting was when he had to talk her into doing anything for him. And that's the problem with that.

Is there anybody who still thinks show watchers are overreacting to what book readers are doing?

@ujsizzle, u dey see am?

Your last 2 sentences don't even make sense. He wasn't talking her into doing it, he was trying to lessen the load on his own conscience.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

Same here. Despite his actions, I see a man who will choose his duty to the seven kingdoms over his own family... that is a true king.

Or I am just a fanboy

No. I don't think you are just a fan boy of stannis, rather it seems that you and I are the very few ones that don't attach sentiment to GOT.

Imagine people saying that Ramsay should kill stannis as if Ramsay is now a saint..If stannis meet Ramsay, he will finish him due to a lot of battle experience.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:
Why do we still believe that Stannis can't really kill his daughter?This same Stannis that didn't think twice before killing his bro,Renly.Stannis is currently under Melisandre's firm control.He is obsessed with this King-at-all-costs mentality and will stop at nothing to sit on the Iron Throne (in his dreams,lol).Stannis may be a principled man but he's definitely not Ned Stark

Man just ignore them. As if they themselves have not done a bad thing when their hands were forced.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

It was interesting. They are probably still feeling white walker fever from episode 8

Yeah, especially as jorah was trying all possible strategy to win daneryes heart. grin

I see a dario vs jorah fight loading very soon. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
amanze15:
Melisandre scamming stannis with her lord of light cramp since S3, dude is not focused buh over ambitious about the throne undecided shireen cry cry I wil her
Dragon, fly cool cool

I don't know what Melisandre's motive is but does she really have one? There has been no hint in the show so far.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
Mrblaze06:
So we all are now assuming that all the westeros know that cercei children are bastard

They do or at least suspect. Remember that time Tommen was going somewhere and they started stoning him?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
nani667:
There are just two people I've always wanted to see humbled in the Series.... That Queen Mother and Ramsey.... Patiently waiting to see Ramsey in Pain

Ramsey is smart. Yes he is. The decisions he has made so far have been spot on. If he dies, it will be a painless death. He is too smart to die suffering
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
Akanniade:

Dany took the best part of that poor dude's life. Jorah the obtuse in the eternal triangle. undecided

This is a lesson for Men to learn how not to chase ladies...Jorah was there before Daario Nahaaris yet he never made his intentions known...he just continued gazing and worshipping her, hoping one day luck will shine on him...foolish man.

Daario as a sharp guy made his intentions known by scoping her intelligently with 2coloured flowers and before long he was already smashing the royal coochie.....smart man.

Idolizing ladies will never make you Man enough for her....lesson.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

Die for a woman's unrequited feelings and she'll bring Daario to his burial and still wipe her ephemeral sorrow by riding Daario the same night...

What a horrible way to die sad God forbid!

It's his life anyway, let him go and die.

Seriously, I feel nothing for Jorah
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:
The only annoying thing about episode 9 is daneryes armies.. They were just being slaughtered by common street fighters.

So of what essence did cutting of their dick do?

Just to make them not to fear death...does nothing to their intelligence. Them just be like Zombie BH
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:

No. I don't think you are just a fan boy of stannis, rather it seems that you and I are the very few ones that don't attach sentiment to GOT.

Imagine people saying that Ramsay should kill stannis as if Ramsay is now a saint..If stannis meet Ramsay, he will finish him due to a lot of battle experience.

True. Stannis will butcher the goat. wink
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:

Yeah, especially as jorah was trying all possible strategy to win daneryes heart. grin

I see a dario vs jorah fight loading very soon. grin

Lol. 2 epic fighters fighting for dragon booty
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

Ramsey is smart. Yes he is. The decisions he has made so far have been spot on. If he dies, it will be a painless death. He is too smart to die suffering

That's what all these guys don't know....GOT isn't just a movie...it is reality. It is what happens in d real world and that's why it's interesting. It makes you know that smart & wicked people succeed while dummb and good people suffer.

I hope people learn from this especially the ladies...they're too pre-occupied with the Happily Ever After endings which rarely exist in the real world out there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

This is a lesson for Men to learn how not to chase ladies...Jorah was there before Daario Nahaaris yet he never made his intentions known...he just continued gazing and worshipping her, hoping one day luck will shine on him...foolish man.

Daario as a sharp guy made his intentions known by scoping her intelligently with 2coloured flowers and before long he was already smashing the royal coochie.....smart man.

Idolizing ladies will never make you Man enough for her....lesson.

Lol. Baba calm down.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

Seriously, I feel nothing for Jorah

Upon the grey scales he contracted on the way....you wicked oh.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

Lol. Baba calm down.

No mind me jarey...he's the type of guy dat make Men look weak and inferior to Women..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 7:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

House Targaryen had no right to Westeros,but they conquered it. Now its left to them to make right of what they conquered. There have been great kings and bad ones, and mad ones too. But over 300 years, there have been more than 5 wars under Trag rule, Aerys ruined any chance of making afresh, and based on Hobbesian Theory, the Rebel's had every right to rebel. So House Targaryen were conquered by House Baratheon. You can argue that the Iron Throne was made by Aegon I or that he was the one who united Westeros, so then Targs should rule, but they were conquered. Therefore the throne belongs to Stannis. Daenerys can only reconquer it. Oh and conquering doesnt have to be a war, it could be that the people just accepted Targ rule back, that's still reconquering. Renly had no claim to the throne as long as Stannis lives.

Well Targaryens do have conquests in their blood. They ruled for hundreds of years and if not for the inbreeding which brought rise to madness in the family...um they'd still be in power. I'm just saying I support Targaryen rule more than Baratheon grin I mean seriously none of the Baratheon brothers are fit to rule. Robert was a drunk and woman freak, Renley was ahhh...Renley and Stannis is a daughter killer. So let's not go into what throne belongs to who. Lol it won't matter when the whitewalkers arrive grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Just thought about something.

Brienne is at Winterfell and stannis is on his way there. Remember they have beef.

Also, from the episode preview, there is going to be a battle at Winterfell. And we all know how orgasmic GOT battles are. I wish next episode could be 2 hours.

It is rumoured that episode 10 will break the internet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

The look on his face was like, what have I turned myself into?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:09pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

No mind me jarey...he's the type of guy dat make Men look weak and inferior to Women..
Missadei could at least have a consolation for him. But lo, the sucker for love is fighting to the death for a woman who treats him like dirt.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mrblaze06: 8:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

They do or at least suspect. Remember that time Tommen was going somewhere and they started stoning him?
yes I remember,but nobody has been able to voice out.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Akanniade:

Missadei could at least have a consolation for him. But lo, the sucker for love is fighting to the death for a woman who treats him like dirt.

Missandei isn't a resort as you think. She's even more gorgeous than Daenerys. No woman wants a man with low self esteem...he'll continue getting treated like dirt till he sees himself differently. Loserman.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

Die for a woman's unrequited feelings and she'll bring Daario to his burial and still wipe her ephemeral sorrow by riding Daario the same night...

What a horrible way to die sad God forbid!

It's his life anyway, let him go and die.

Now you are being emotional tonguegrin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

I don't know what Melisandre's motive is but does she really have one? There has been no hint in the show so far.

She definitely got motive(s), having everyone by her religion could be one. We shall know in due time.

You don't like dany?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:
Just thought about something.

Brienne is at Winterfell and stannis is on his way there. Remember they have beef.

Also, from the episode preview, there is going to be a battle at Winterfell. And we all know how orgasmic GOT battles are. I wish next episode could be 2 hours.

It is rumoured that episode 10 will break the internet.

Brienne,cheesy been waiting to see her storm winterfell for sansa's sake and if she does that at the same time with stannis, haha battle def gonna be epic with ramsey also in it.

Now am seriously looking forward to ep10.

Battle in winterfell def means death...who's gonna die in the season's finale? Can't wait.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
luxanne:

She definitely got motive(s), having everyone by her religion could be one. We shall know in due time.

You don't like dany?
She may have motives, but she still has the high priest to answer to. Even Thoros is more powerful.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sveen: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
luxanne:

Brienne,cheesy been waiting to see her storm winterfell for sansa's sake and if she does that at the same time with stannis, haha battle def gonna be epic with ramsey also in it.

Now am seriously looking forward to ep10.

Battle in winterfell def means death...who's gonna die in the season's finale? Can't wait.
Hmmm Brienne vs Ramsay. Oathkeeper will shed some serious blood.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
luxanne:

Now you are being emotional tonguegrin

Doesn't matter. It's just plain silly suffering for someone who doesn't give a shiit about you and even silently wished you were killed while fighting for her.

That's the highest form of low self esteem ever known to Man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.