Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,679 members, 7,813,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1089630 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 9:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
Deanerys is having trouble in Mereen. Avoidable and unnecessary trouble. I hope she gets dealth with there eventually since she does not know that she should be marching west to Westeros where all the action is. Anyway other than the fact that she comes from a famous family line I think she has no business vying for the iron throne. Let the sons of Harpi deal with her and her unsullied.

angry

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dgunnerz(m): 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
ApexTitan:
Deanerys is having trouble in Mereen. Avoidable and unnecessary trouble. I hope she gets dealth with there eventually since she does not know that she should be marching west to Westeros where all the action is. Anyway other than the fact that she comes from a famous family line I think she has no business vying for the iron throne. Let the sons of Harpi deal with her and her unsullied.

angry
Just borrow some gold from the Iron Bank,buy an army of assassins, visit Mereen and kill her.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dljbd1(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
R
I know right, Jon snow really tried.
A sexy naked woman offering free ride, dayumm. It only take self control o.
My dear, na film na. If I hear say e no allow am ride on a normal day grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by folba(m): 10:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
fellis:

I don't like her sad
Y?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dgunnerz:

Just borrow some gold from the Iron Bank,buy an army of assassins, visit Mereen and kill her.

I will need some gold, true, but I won't borrow from the Iron Bank, that may force me into a situation where I will be financially indebted to them for life. I will need to source my gold from somewhere else, perhaps from a wealthy merchant or lord who has designs on wielding some political power but who I can easily eliminate maybe a distant relative of the Lannisters or a merchant like Illyrio. And no I won't hire an army of assassins, just one or two from the House of Black and White where Jaqen H'gar came from. That should suffice. They won't kill Daenerys, they'll kidnap her and take her to my underground lair in the caves just south of the Iron Islands in the sunset sea where she will be held until a time of my choosing. What she will be doing in my captivity I refuse to discuss but she will be dealth with for daring to assume the iron throne.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 1:19am On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

angry
She has every tight to the throne...tho i doubt she'll get there prolly one her dragons gon eat her up
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 1:21am On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

I will need some gold, true, but I won't borrow from the Iron Bank, that may force me into a situation where I will be financially indebted to them for life. I will need to source my gold from somewhere else, perhaps from a wealthy merchant or lord who has designs on wielding some political power but who I can easily eliminate maybe a distant relative of the Lannisters or a merchant like Illyrio. And no I won't hire an army of assassins, just one or two from the House of Black and White where Jaqen H'gar came from. That should suffice. They won't kill Daenerys, they'll kidnap her and take her to my underground lair in the caves just south of the Iron Islands in the sunset sea where she will be held until a time of my choosing. What she will be doing in my captivity I refuse to discuss but she will be dealth with for daring to assume the iron throne.
lmfao wah will she b doing cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2015
bufness:
She has every tight to the throne...tho i doubt she'll get there prolly one her dragons gon eat her up
Actually Robert started a new dynasty when he won the rebellion, so she can only reconquer it. Jorah even told her the same of how Aegon the Conquerer had no right to Westeros. That doesn't mean some lords wont flock to her side, but what she'll be doing is reconquering, since a new line of kings started. Besides, since the Great Council of 101 AC no female is allowed om the throne, an uncle must come first. But that's only for the royal family, lords dont do this. Faceless men are very expensive.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:22am On Apr 20, 2015
fellis:

I don't like her sad

What? How can you not like arya? She is a very strong girl and was present when most of her family was murdered but she still stayed strong and bent on revenge unlike sansa who is just plain stupid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2015
fellis:

I know for myself?

I am the only person I know that doesn't like her. Everyone else thinks she's cool.

Maybe that's why I don't like her sef tongue, I tend to root for the underdog and not the hero.

Please tell me you don't like sansa. See as little finger is tossing her up and down. Sure, she wants revenge too but I like arya's method better.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

angry

She is the true heir to the throne. Well, armon (that old blind nights watch guy) is. But since he has taken the night watch vow, she is the only true heir left. Seeing as she is the daughter of rhaegher and armon was his brother.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2015
If you think about it, all these started because of little finger. The whole game of thrones wahala started because of him. That guy is a sly bastard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 9:53am On Apr 20, 2015
gj22:

She is the true heir to the throne. Well, armon (that old blind nights watch guy) is. But since he has taken the night watch vow, she is the only true heir left. Seeing as she is the daughter of rhaegher and armon was his brother.
is she rhaegers daughter or sister
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2015
gj22:

Let's thread carefully with our discussions lest the we attract the wrath of the Nairaland highlords and their banning hammers. No spoilers or events from the books. But I think we can base the discussions on what has been shown so far in the series.

Didn't Deanery's ancestors, her father or was it her grandfather, actually claim the iron throne by defeating the lords of the seven kingdoms of Westeros? Was it not king Robert who eventually ousted the last Targaryan, the mad king who was Deanery's father? Her claim to that throne, in fact all Targaryans claim, ended with her father's death. Right now every lord of the seven kingdoms has a fighting chance to snatch total power. There was no special arrangement that stated that the Targaryans were to rule for all eternity.

That's why I say that Deanerys is only fighting because she feels the throne is her entitlement. It is that sense of entitlement that annoys me. She is alreadying seeing how difficult it is to rule in Mereen, how much more will it be at Kings Landing?

The stress is too much for her, let her take her dragons and go settle down somewhere quiet that is if the dragons don't eat her first. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
Actually its Sansa that is plotting to return to power as Queen of the North and Vale and Riverlands. Arya is in the guild because she thinks she has no where else to go. But she still wargs her wolf though.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbola5:
Actually its Sansa that is plotting to return to power as Queen of the North and Vale and Riverlands. Arya is in the guild because she thinks she has no where else to go. But she still wargs her wolf though.
Arya Stark is a warg. F.uck me sideways. Didn't suspect at all
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
That's right. Westeros hasnt had a ruling queen since her ancestors, only in name. But i think she will break that. I think her only purpose is in fighting the others, i dont want her to rule. Do you know that R+L=J theory ? Oh and it was her ancestor Aegon the conquerer 300 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
Kaycee7:
Arya Stark is a warg. F.uck me sideways. Didn't suspect at all

All current Stark kids, and past generations have had the potential. They have the blood of the first men in their veins, which has some magical properties. Since the Starks have the potential, this current generation are wargs because they were able to form bonds with their wolves. With Bran being the strongest and a greenseer, then Arya, then Jon, Robb, Rickon, Sansa hasnt had a chance since her wolf was killed. But yes they all are wargs. Im wondering why the show producers havent included it yet. Arya wargs Nymeria at night and hunts in the riverlands, where her wolf was lost, Rickon's aggressive behaviour is as a result of Shaggydog, and its said that Robb uses Greywind to plan his battles since the wolf can find hidden passes and stuff. And Jon also wargs Ghost at nights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
Y
bufness:
is she rhaegers daughter or sister

Sister but I don't think she the rightful heir to the throne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
Csami:
Y

y
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

Let's thread carefully with our discussions lest the we attract the wrath of the Nairaland highlords and their banning hammers. No spoilers or events from the books. But I think we can base the discussions on what has been shown so far in the series.

Didn't Deanery's ancestors, her father or was it her grandfather, actually claim the iron throne by defeating the lords of the seven kingdoms of Westeros? Was it not king Robert who eventually ousted the last Targaryan, the mad king who was Deanery's father? Her claim to that throne, in fact all Targaryans claim, ended with her father's death. Right now every lord of the seven kingdoms has a fighting chance to snatch total power. There was no special arrangement that stated that the Targaryans were to rule for all eternity.

That's why I say that Deanerys is only fighting because she feels the throne is her entitlement. It is that sense of entitlement that annoys me. She is alreadying seeing how difficult it is to rule in Mereen, how much more will it be at Kings Landing?

The stress is too much for her, let her take her dragons and go settle down somewhere quiet that is if the dragons don't eat her first. cheesy

I have not read the books. I am talking solely based on the series.

Daena (daenerys) and her bro r aerys's children (correct me if I am wrong) which makes them the heir to the throne before it was taken from them. Also, her uncle (aery's bro) is in the night's watch, that old blind guy with blond hair, which means by vow he cannot take the throne.

Stannis is robert's bro which makes him the rightful successor since all Robert's sons were killed as well as his bro after Geoffrey became king except that other one who Stannis's right hand ma freed after Melisandre seduced him and used the sorcery to kill Geoffrey but he is nowhere to be found.

The lannisters (Geoffrey and his bro) have no claim to the throne whatsoever and are just greedy and wicked people.

These r the main players for the throne and to me, Stannis is the most sincere of them all although daenerys has the best claim (I don't know if a woman can rule Westeros).

When a king is overthroned, his heirs are killed so as to prevent any uprising but they failed to do that in daenerys case. So since she is still alive, she is the one with the best claim.

Edit: aerys was the king Robert overthroned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ITbomb(m): 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbola5:

Since the Starks have the potential, this current generation are wargs because they were able to form bonds with their wolves. With Bran being the strongest and a greenseer, then Arya, then Jon, Robb, Rickon, Sansa hasnt had a chance since her wolf was killed. But yes they all are wargs. And Jon also wargs Ghost at nights.
Jon Stark?

Hmm, make I no talk o
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbola5:

Arya is there to learn how to avenge her family. Sansa is becoming more like Cersei and wants to rule the north quite alright but backstabbing is not the way to do it. I think she is going about it the wrong way.

Can you please say when arya warged her wolf, maybe I missed it. I don't think she can do it tho.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
Gbola5:

All current Stark kids, and past generations have had the potential. They have the blood of the first men in their veins, which has some magical properties. Since the Starks have the potential, this current generation are wargs because they were able to form bonds with their wolves. With Bran being the strongest and a greenseer, then Arya, then Jon, Robb, Rickon, Sansa hasnt had a chance since her wolf was killed. But yes they all are wargs. Im wondering why the show producers havent included it yet. Arya wargs Nymeria at night and hunts in the riverlands, where her wolf was lost, Rickon's aggressive behaviour is as a result of Shaggydog, and its said that Robb uses Greywind to plan his battles since the wolf can find hidden passes and stuff. And Jon also wargs Ghost at nights.

Okay, I understand that you have read the books and all but from what we have seen from the series, only bran is a warg. Yes, they can talk to their wolves but that doesn't count.

It happened like that in the books doesn't mean it is so in the film as we have seen already, the producers are changing things.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
bufness:
y

No spoilers

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Csami:
Y

If you are talking about daenerys, she is the daughter not sister. The old night watch guy is aerys bro tho. And she is the rightful heir seeing as she is rheagars daughter

Edit: aerys not rheagar

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Csami(m): 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
gj22:

If you are talking about daenerys, she is the daughter not sister. The old night watch guy is rheagars bro tho. And she is the rightful heir seeing as she is rheagars daughter

Come on rhaegers was married to ella Martell. Remember prince oberan speech to the mountain? You raped my sister, you killed her and you murdered her children.

Does daenerys look dead to u?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
Csami:

Come on rhaegers was married to ella Martell. Remember prince oberan speech to the mountain? You raped my sister, you killed her and you murdered her children.

Does daenerys look dead to u?

Yeah sorry, I mixed the names up. I mistook rheagar for aerys. But she still has a claim tho. A valid one
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
gj22:

I have not read the books. I am talking solely based on the series.

Daena (daenerys) and her bro r rheagar's children (correct me if I am wrong) which makes them the heir to the throne before it was taken from them. Also, her uncle (rheagar's bro) is in the night's watch, that old blind guy with blond hair, which means by vow he cannot take the throne.

Stannis is robert's bro which makes him the rightful successor since all Robert's sons were killed as well as his bro after Geoffrey became king except that other one who Stannis's right hand ma freed after Melisandre seduced him and used the sorcery to kill Geoffrey but he is nowhere to be found.

The lannisters (Geoffrey and his bro) have no claim to the throne whatsoever and are just greedy and wicked people.

These r the main players for the throne and to me, Stannis is the most sincere of them all although daenerys has the best claim (I don't know if a woman can rule Westeros).

When a king is overthroned, his heirs are killed so as to prevent any uprising but they failed to do that in daenerys case. So since she is still alive, she is the one with the best claim.

Maekar I begot 4 sons Aemon and Aegon V the Unlikely included. When the first two died, the throne was to pass to Aemon, but he refused and joined the night's watch incase of people who would want to use him against his younger bro Egg(i.e Aegon V, that's why he's the unlikely). So Egg became king, begot five kids - Jaeherys, Duncan, Rhaelle, and two others. Duncan the eldest didnt want the throne, married some girl, Rhaelle was married off to a Baratheon( Robert's grandfather, thats why he had a claim) the second born died, leaving Jahaerys and another of his daughters, who Jahaerys married(They wed brother to sister to keep the line pure). Jahaerys begot Aerys II the mad king and Rhaella, they both married and begot, Rhaegar, Viserys and Danaerys. Rhaegar was married to Elia of Dorne and begot Rhaenys and Aegon, who was to be the VI, but the Mountain killed Elia and her two kids and Rhaegar died at the trident at the hands of Robert B. So at the start of the series that leaves Viserys and Dany. Although there have been longer generations, i just mentioned from Maekar, because you mentioned Aemon of the watch.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
gj22:

What? How can you not like arya? She is a very strong girl and was present when most of her family was murdered but she still stayed strong and bent on revenge unlike sansa who is just plain stupid.
Don't call her silly u recalcitrant no-good!!
What do you know about role playing ? Are u so blind and harebrained, u didn't see that she acted one of the most difficult roles in a movie,even for a girl of her age? If u r in her position, what will u do? Na Joffrey u wan take play?
Shut up if u don't have anything to say!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
And yes, the Stark kids warg in the books, not just Bran, though Bran was first because of his fall, and is stronger and is now training to be a greenseer.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
Rhaegar although married to Elia out of duty, loved his lady Lyanna and thousands died for it. - Barristan Selmy.

And not to spoil things yet, who do you think are Jon's parents ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.