Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1090824 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 12:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
qloreal:

I didn't really take note of the site, drop your mail lemme forward the ebook to you
d tin is my mail got blocked nd i havent open it bk buh still send it.dammy4krist16@yahoo.com
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
JhyMedex:
kk..... Gratias...
Share it with me on watsapp.....

Sorry but you cant send a pdf file with whatsapp.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
Maybe i should just share a link, huhn...?!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by bufness(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2015
For the books? Yea
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Samunosuke(m): 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
sage1000:

He is correct. Skinchanging is the general term for anyone that can enter the consciousness of animals while wargs is a term used for those that can enter wolves.

The TV show just uses warging as a catch all term for all skinchangers.

Bran has entered something far more difficult than a wolf (Hodor). Arya has used hers to 'cheat' @ the house of black and white. I don't know why warging is a specific term for skinchanging to direwolves if they aren't the most difficult to possess. The wildling that possessed a bird was a warg and immediate the wildlings saw Jons ability, they labeled him a warg too.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 1:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
Samunosuke:

Bran has entered something far more difficult than a wolf (Hodor). Arya has used hers to 'cheat' @ the house of black and white. I don't know why warging is a specific term for skinchanging to direwolves if they aren't the most difficult to possess. The wildling that possessed a bird was a warg and immediate the wildlings saw Jons ability, they labeled him a warg too.

warging refers to wolves in general not just werewolves and I think it is because before bran wolves were the most difficult to wary into. Warging into humans was considered an abomination as well as impossible
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
Samunosuke:

That was Sixskins. See this...

A skinchanger is a person with the
ability to enter the mind of an animal
and control its actions. It is much
easier for a skinchanger to do so if a
bond exists between the two parties. A
skinchanger able to enter the mind of a
wolf or dog is known as a warg .

So those who can enter anything else are skinchangers not wargs. Warg is a branch.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Nature of the beasts, according to
Haggon:
Dogs are easy to bond with,
because they are so much like humans
and trusting; it becomes easier with
time to enter one.
Wolves are harder; one has to forge
a lasting bond, much like a marriage. A
man might befriend a wolf, even break
a wolf, but no man could truly tame a
wolf.
Birds are very tempting, but a warg
may soon lose contact to the mundane
things of earth, and want only to fly.
Cats are cruel and vain beasts and
can’t be easily controlled, only forced.
Elk and deer are prey; wear their
skins too long, and even the bravest
man becomes a coward.
An unwritten code of ethics for wildling
skinchangers, as told by Haggon,
forbids them:
To eat of human meat.
To mate as wolf with wolf.
To seize the body of another man.

So wolves are hard.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by qloreal: 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
JhyMedex:
me 2 bruh....
Stuffyjb@yahoo.com

bufness:
d tin is my mail got blocked nd i havent open it bk buh still send it.dammy4krist16@yahoo.com

file too large to be sent via mail... Anyway here's the link I downloaded from;
https://archive.org/details/1.AGameOfThrones
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
qloreal:

file too large to be sent via mail... Anyway here's the link I downloaded from;
https://archive.org/details/1.AGameOfThrones

u d man
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gbola5:

Sorry but you cant send a pdf file with whatsapp.
my bad... All d same gratias
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Samunosuke(m): 5:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Gbola5:
Haggon:
time to enter one.
wolf.
man becomes a coward.
forbids them:
To eat of human meat.
So wolves are hard.
Gbola5:

So those who can enter anything else are skinchangers not wargs. Warg is a branch.

Ok. I am convinced. Although, I doubt wolves are harder than humans. And grouping people who bond with wolves (hard) and dogs (easy) as wargs just seems like it was done just because of the family of animal.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:29am On Apr 25, 2015
I think wolves are harder than humans. The human mind is very complex compared to wolves. I think the reason bran can wag hodor is because hodor is simple minded. Like groot

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:31am On Apr 25, 2015
Gbola5:
Haggon:
time to enter one.
wolf.
man becomes a coward.
forbids them:
To eat of human meat.

So wolves are hard.

Who is haggon? is haggon that bran's friend?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:36am On Apr 25, 2015
Gbola5:

But in the show, wargs are used to describe those that enter birds too. Remember mance raider sent a bird to the wall before lighting the biggest fire the north has ever seen . That bran's friend is a warg right? And the wildlings wargs sent birds to scout for them. So, where is it that you got this your warg definition?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Warg

I see you browsed it from a site that talks about the books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:52am On Apr 25, 2015
Okay. After doing some research, I have found that a lot of BS is being spilled on this thread.

Skinchanger is used in the books while warging is used in the show.

Read up http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Warg

Wargs are anyone who can enter animals while skinchangers is not used in the show.
If you follow the link and scroll down, you will see a list of known wargs and Jon snow or any of his brothers are not among them.

Gbola5 and Co are confusing us by defining book terms with show terms

Any questions you have about definition and whatnot can be found in http://gameofthrones.wikia.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:59am On Apr 25, 2015
For those that do not want to follow the link

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 11:17am On Apr 25, 2015
This thread is becoming very technical. Soon you people will start teaching us the Dorthraki language. cheesy

* goes back to sipping the milk of the puppy in my mug*
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2015
gj22:

Who is haggon? is haggon that bran's friend?

Thats Jojen Reed, Hownland Reed's son, of one Ned Starks most loyal bannerman. Jojen, who actually didnt die unlike in the show. And he isnt a warg nor skinchanger nor greenseer nor does he have the greensight. He only has greendreams, thats all. Only one greenseer left in the world; The Three Eyed Raven who wants to teach Bran the art because he has the potential.

Haggon is a wildling skinchanger. The teacher of Varamyr Sixskins(another skinchanger).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2015
Why did you stop there, go on...
In the books...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2015
Warging, Skinchanging, call it anyone.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2015
Gbola5:
Why did you stop there, go on...
In the books...

I stopped there because this thread is about the show. Not the books.

And there's no haggon in the show.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 3:32pm On Apr 25, 2015
ApexTitan:
This thread is becoming very technical. Soon you people will start teaching us the Dorthraki language. cheesy

That's ryt. Lull ur brain to sleep. Sleeep, sleeeeep, sleeeeeeeeep,.......

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

No thanks to Maester Gbola5 and Grand Measter gj22.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 8:51am On Apr 26, 2015
kay9:

No thanks to Maester Gbola5 and Grand Measter gj22.

They should be sent north of the wall as punishment, their ramblings have caused much distress in the seven kingdoms.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Forwetinnah: 5:28pm On Apr 27, 2015
Dgunnerz:

She is just trying to show them the true and one God she believes in.I am wondering how she got to know, "You know nothing Jon Snow".

I'm happy Jon turned her down..the minute she sleeps with you, you're under her spell. See the way she manipulates Stanis?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
Forwetinnah:

I'm happy Jon turned her down..the minute she sleeps with you, you're under her spell. See the way she manipulates Stanis?

She is giving stanis what he wants, that's why Stannis is still with her. I just wonder if her God is the one true God for real

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jfactor(m): 6:24pm On Apr 27, 2015
Pls where can I download this season 5. Tnks
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Jfactor:
Pls where can I download this season 5. Tnks

www..fm
www.o2tvseries.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.