Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1088540 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 9:22am On Apr 22, 2013
Poor Theon cry cry cry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 9:23am On Apr 22, 2013
GoT at times just makes me feel really sad. Nothing good ever happens in the series, to either the good guys or the bad guys. Everyone suffers...horribly.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear: Poor Theon cry cry cry
Why pity Theon, who killed 2 peasant boys to fake Stark boys' death. Or the kingslayer that crippled a boy. angry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 10:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Theon Greyjoy is a man trapped between two worlds. His father lost a war of independence, and he was taken as a hostage by the Starks and raised by that family.

Not accepted by the Ironborn, but no real place in the North either.

Can you really blame him for what he did? Try to show a bit of sympathy for his position, man. It is hard to be neither here nor there.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 10:20am On Apr 22, 2013
Kingslayer, I have less justification for pitying. But remember, he did save Brienne from getting raped..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear: Kingslayer, I have less justification for pitying. But remember, he did save Brienne from getting raped..

I do not have the tiniest sympathy for Kingslayer. The question to ask is why did he save Brienne? He does everything for a reason. As Akanniade said, he not only crippled a boy but killed another cousin to escape from Stark's prison.

I agree with you on Theon though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear: Theon Greyjoy is a man trapped between two worlds. His father lost a war of independence, and he was taken as a hostage by the Starks and raised by that family.

Not accepted by the Ironborn, but no real place in the North either.

Can you really blame him for what he did? Try to show a bit of sympathy for his position, man. It is hard to be neither here nor there.

I feel you, but the guy went too far at winterfell!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2013
I reserve my pity for Jon Snow who lives with the Badge of being a bastard. Rejected, yet still loyal to his siblings. Its interesting he's finding love with the wildling girl.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 22, 2013
Akanniade: I reserve my pity for John Snow who lives with the Badge of being a bastard. Rejected, yet still loyal to his siblings. Its interesting he's finding love with the wildling girl.

Different for Jon Snow jare. The only person that really rejected him was Margery Stark. His siblings loved and accepted him, Arya and Bran particularly idolised him.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

Different for Jon Snow jare. The only person that really rejected him was Margery Stark. His siblings loved and accepted him, Arya and Bran particularly idolised him.
True, but everyone else always reminded him of his "bastardship".
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2013
John snow, is he playing to script or has he really turned to one of the wildlings?

He probably won't end well on this path.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

Even the runt of the wolf cubs was all he could get. A stark reminder of who he is. Pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2013
django1: John snow, is he playing to script or has he really turned to one of the wildlings?

He probably won't end well on this path.
I dont think he will truly become a wildling.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Akanniade:
True, but everyone else always reminded him of his "bastardship".

The people that truly mattered except for Lady Stark loved him. Theon is truly a man caught in between. I truly do feel sorry for him.

@ django, i don't even know what Jon Snow is up to, i hope he is playing to a script.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 22, 2013
Akanniade:
Even the runt of the wolf cubs was all he could get. A stark reminder of who he is. Pun intended.

Lol at pun. Stark reminder indeed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
ekt_bear: GoT at times just makes me feel really sad. Nothing good ever happens in the series, to either the good guys or the bad guys. Everyone suffers...horribly.

sounds like life
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
oyb: sounds like life
Sounds life during wars. FTFY.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
oyb:

sounds like life

sad sad sad That is rather depressing now. Life ain't that bad nau
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe: sad sad sad That is rather depressing now. Life ain't that bad nau
Hence the correction. Life is very bad for everyone during times of war & terror, otherwise it can be quite alright.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
I actually stopped watching this series after i saw the first 2 episodes of season 3 and realized the screen adaptation was lame compared to the Books. But this thread has given me one more reason to follow the series.

Thanks guys
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

The only Margery in GoT is Margery Tyrell if im not mistaken who was betrothed to Renly Baratheon before Stannis dealt with him. Im guessing you meant Catelyn Stark (Eddard Stark;s wife)

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Meanwhile i still can't think of a reason why DStv isn't showing this series in Nigeria. Can anyone help with a logical reason why they won't show the most popular show on TV right now?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
solank:

The only Margery in GoT is Margery Tyrell if im not mistaken who was betrothed to Renly Baratheon before Stannis dealt with him. Im guessing you meant Catelyn Stark (Eddard Stark;s wife)

Yes, you are right. I hate that woman sha, Catelyn that is
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

Yes, you are right. I hate that woman sha, Catelyn that is
Lol i hated her too when she released Jamie Lannister aka The Kingslayer but all that changed later on.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
solank:
Lol i hated her too when she released Jamie Lannister aka The Kingslayer but all that changed later on.

It's not just that but she just seem really pretentious. Maybe I'll change my position later in the series sha.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
solank: Meanwhile i still can't think of a reason why DStv isn't showing this series in Nigeria. Can anyone help with a logical reason why they won't show the most popular show on TV right now?
It's a HBO show. They make shows primarily to attract subscribers to their network. I think the only way to watch HBO Shows legally is to move to the US and subscribe to HBO.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kokosheen(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2013
Seun: It's a HBO show. They make shows primarily to attract subscribers to their network. I think the only way to watch HBO Shows legally is to move to the US and subscribe to HBO.

the show is actually listed on DSTV channel 101 (NA in Nigeria)
http://www.dstv.com/Search/?searchTerm=game%20of%20thrones&section=tv-guide
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2013
kokosheen:

the show is actually listed on DSTV channel 101 (NA in Nigeria)
http://www.dstv.com/Search/?searchTerm=game of thrones&section=tv-guide
If they do show, its going to be past seasons. HBO is very cautious in live series outside US.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.