Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092326 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

An soo glad I was wrong about sam.

I thought Alliser was not going to let them in.

Alliser is a good man seriously. People don't see that. I fell in love with him after that battle at Castle black.

Ser friend zone crossed d seven seas to be with Dany and when he finally achieved that, she jumped on a dragon and flew away from him.

"Oysters, clams and cockles"

Ramsey asked for 20 men not hundred

Lols @d flew away from him part.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

Its not. The reasons leading up to it is make no sense. You cant justify it.

Look at it from his point of view and you will understand. Not agree o but understand.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

YOU KNOW NOTHING
Maybe. smiley

So, tell me what I don't know.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
If somehow this all works out for him, if somehow they prevail, and its cause they burnt Shireen, if somehow he still has an army, or he gets more men, then its just as bad writing as the Sand Snakes.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Look at it from his point of view and you will understand. Not agree o but understand.

Aye, but its not reasonable nor can it be justified.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:
The ends/means dilemma is a popular scenario in ethics discussions. Usually, the question goes something like this: “If you could save the world by killing someone, would you do it?” If the answer is “yes,” then a morally right outcome justifies the use of immoral means to achieve it. But there are three different things to consider in such a situation: the morality of the action, the morality of the outcome, and the morality of the person performing the action. In this situation, the action (murder) is clearly immoral and so is the murderer. But saving the world is a good and moral outcome. Or is it? What kind of world is being saved if murderers are allowed to decide when and if murder is justified and then go free? Or does the murderer face punishment for his crime in the world that he has saved? And would the world that was saved be justified in taking the life of the one who had just saved them?And by the way Stannis is not ambitious.

Spoken like a philosopher.

It is understandable, not justifiable.

what is justified is subjective so there is no definite answer to the question..."is killing your only daughter in other to take your rightful place on the throne and make the world a better place justified?". All the answers are based on opinion and a lot will disagree and agree.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:
There is no justifying immoral behavior, no matter the motivation for it or the outcome of it. While that may be the only course of action he can necessarily take(which it was not) that does not mean it was justified.

Stannis is dutyful not ambitious alright.

What other action could he have taken?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

I didnt. I thought he wanted to kill Dany. I was shocked and had to rewind before i saw the reaction on his face (when he noticed the assasin). He has saved her life twice, she will pull him out of the friendzone....[size=4pt]Hopefully[/size]

Yinmu that's not how one leaves the friend-zone. After everything she still flew away with Drogon leaving them all behind...tell me one person she'll really like to ride that Dragon with?: Daario!

Ser Friendzone should learn from him or he'll just die for nothing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

The SotH have no skill whatsoever over the unsullied. The unsullied are the best infantry in the world. And part of their training is to fight in formations. Not 1 on 1.

The SotH have no skill? are you serious? sure, the unsullied might be better trained but dont say the SotH dont have skill.

They fought better when they formed formation. but before then, the SotH didnt let them get in formation.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Jorah is not a paedophile (depends on how old Dany is in the show). The show doesnt really lay emphasis on age but i think dany is Over 18 since robert rebellion took place over 20 yrs ago (i think). he is only a paedophile if she is a small child (mostly pre-teen).

Also, you have to have sex first before you can be considered a paedo in its actual sense. Ser Jorah is not a paedo, Ser Meryn f*ucking Trant is.

Imagine calling Ser Jorah a Paedophile. Khal Drogo wey dey pump Khaleesi like mad nko? Daario wey dey service her daily nko?

Forget dat tin oh, Khaleesi under na self-contain with Kitchen sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

Stannis doesnt burn unbelievers for fu*ks sake.

Are you serious? so who were those he has been burning since season 2? or are you watching a different show? Selyse's bro or so specifically says he will rather die than bow to the lord of light. What show have you been watching?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Stannis is dutyful not ambitious alright.

What other action could he have taken?

He could have managed. Fished the lakes, which will be teeming with fish since its cold. They could have shown us Northern lords. There are lots of Castles he could have gone to ask for help, or he coulda tried to ask. They could have shown them suffering, not for him to just outright listen to Mel. He could have waited for Davos. It looked as if he sent Davos off, in a white elephant quest, and when Davos was gone burnt Shireen. He could have killed the horses and eaten them. As he burnt Shireen, food won't just come out of nowhere if it wasnt there in the first place. Davos was a smuggler for f*cks sake. Stannis just gave up.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:
Intention is a nice feature but it's not always known, and sometimes the outcome is much worse than whatever intention might have envisioned. I personally believe that if a person considers themselves to be ethical, then they should be ethical at all times. They shouldn't make any exceptions. It is very strange for someone who claims to have high moral standards and strict ethical rules to engage in what can be considered to be dubious behavior in order to achieve some greater good. They are more likely to look for other solutions to their problem that don't conflict with their personal values. That's the problem with what Stannis did.

Dude, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS AND ARE GREATLY FLAWED. NOT EVERYONE HAS THE POWER TO "STAY IN CHARACTER".

what stannis did was not out of character, he had to choose between 2 loves and chose the one he loved most.

Its like choosing between one out of 2 girls you love knowing fully well the other will die based on your choice.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Hi Gbola5 (Yes, i know it is you.). were you expecting no unsullied to die? They did protect the queen didnt they? And also, we dont know who the SoH are and if they are actually really good fighters.

Also, in Nigeria, dont bokoHaram defeat soldiers? Or even petty thieves defeat police men? All this is possible because they have the ELEMENT OF SURPRISE on their side.

Seconded!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

The SotH have no skill? are you serious? sure, the unsullied might be better trained but dont say the SotH dont have skill.

They fought better when they formed formation. but before then, the SotH didnt let them get in formation.

Yes, they dont. They are cowards who hide behind masks and do their killings at night. That can't face the unsullied.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

It was the same scenario in the books, except Ramsay never pulled any stunt on one of the best military commanders. They were down to eating their horses and the dead for fu*ks sake. And still made it to West of Winterfell. Stannis hasnt burnt hundreds of people. And he doesnt burn unbelievers, which majority of his army are. The reason whythey say Stannis is still be an unbeliever is cuz Mel's leaches only worked for 66.66%, cuz show Balon is still alive at the point when Stannis decides to listen to Meland burn Shireen. And they shoulda considered that. But it still is a few weeks in Winter. And this is infact just Autumn's Kiss not Winter. But burning Shireen serves no purpose immediately cuz food and supplies wont come imnediately. They'd still have to drag before reaching anywhere. Food won't appear out of thin air. And ask yourself these; Didnt Stannis borrow from the Iron Bank ? Where is all that gold ? When he hired sellswords why didnt he buy enough food also ? How can Ramsay, someone who uses a sword like a flaying knife, use 20 men to do what he did ? How did Davos know it was 20men, if they didn't see them ? Weren't there sentries ? How did one of the best military commanders in Westeros forget sentries ? What will happen next ? What shouldn't happen next ?

Ramsey had 20 men sneak into a base camp and burn down their supplies. Is that an imposible task? It was basically a heist without the cool tech.

Is stannis supposed to buy food in the middle of nowhere?

Also, food wasnt his motivation to kill Shireen because he sent Davos to go fetch food which means food was readily available.

You are analysing the show from what you see in the books. It is clouding your judgement.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

I know you like Stannis. And i think your trying to defend it. But its a weak attempt.

I like stannis and i am not defending what he did. I understand why he did it. There is a difference
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Are you serious? so who were those he has been burning since season 2? or are you watching a different show? Selyse's bro or so specifically says he will rather die than bow to the lord of light. What show have you been watching?

The Queen's brother Axell proposed treason with the Lannisters. The price is death but Stannis prefers burnings
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
themodernman:

Me sef don taya for these bookworms. They've just killed every interest I've got for it. Will have appreciated it if they enjoy the change in the TV series but they want things to go the way they expect.

That's NOT life. That's just plain BORING.

A book is supposed to be a source, not a replica.

Wonder why they keep complaining undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Maybe. smiley

So, tell me what I don't know.

U are on a very long thing if u ain't watching GOT grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
themodernman:

There's nothing to be scared about. The thing doesn't kill now. And he only wanted something tighter grin
And he'll want a fresh one every night sad
By the time he's done there'll be no virgin child left in Bravoosi. Someone kill him please.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:
If somehow this all works out for him, if somehow they prevail, and its cause they burnt Shireen, if somehow he still has an army, or he gets more men, then its just as bad writing as the Sand Snakes.

A shadow killed king renly..After Stannis F*cked her and she gave birth to the shadow(unarguable)

Lord of light brings people back from the dead..(unarguable)

Jeoffrey died after stannis said his name into the fire..(arguable)

But some how if burning shireen works and Stannis successfully sacks winterfell and survives the weather, it is bad writing?

The witch has always been right but if she is right this time, it is bad writing? dude come on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Ramsey had 20 men sneak into a base camp and burn down their supplies. Is that an imposible task? It was basically a heist without the cool tech.

Is stannis supposed to buy food in the middle of nowhere?

Also, food wasnt his motivation to kill Shireen because he sent Davos to go fetch food which means food was readily available.

You are analysing the show from what you see in the books. It is clouding your judgement.

No, but then did he buy his sellsweods in the middle of nowhere ? Food isnt readily available for the Night's Watch that they can easily spare for Stannis. I think that was a feeble attempt to cover up the plothole. It is an adaptation, it will always come back to the books.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
siegfried99:

A book is supposed to be a source, not a replica.

Wonder why they keep complaining undecided

Abi oh!

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2015
themodernman:

Imagine calling Ser Jorah a Paedophile. Khal Drogo wey dey pump Khaleesi like mad nko? Daario wey dey service her daily nko?

Forget dat tin oh, Khaleesi under na self-contain with Kitchen sef.

Roflmao grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

Aye, but its not reasonable nor can it be justified.

It is a reasonable decision but its justifiability is subjective.

It is reasonable because the witch has always been right and stannis has no reason to believe she will be wrong this time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani667: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
That's how she just left on the Dragon ni sha... Not even thinking about the people she left Behind...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.