Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1092360 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

A shadow killed king renly..After Stannis F*cked her and she gave birth to the shadow(unarguable)

Lord of light brings people back from the dead..(unarguable)

Jeoffrey died after stannis said his name into the fire..(arguable)

But some how if burning shireen works and Stannis successfully sacks winterfell and survives the weather, it is bad writing?

The witch has always been right but if she is right this time, it is bad writing? dude come on

Yes, if he prevails as king. No true king does such.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

He could have managed. Fished the lakes, which will be teeming with fish since its cold. They could have shown us Northern lords. There are lots of Castles he could have gone to ask for help, or he coulda tried to ask. They could have shown them suffering, not for him to just outright listen to Mel. He could have waited for Davos. It looked as if he sent Davos off, in a white elephant quest, and when Davos was gone burnt Shireen. He could have killed the horses and eaten them. As he burnt Shireen, food won't just come out of nowhere if it wasnt there in the first place. Davos was a smuggler for f*cks sake. Stannis just gave up.

You are asuming that food is his only problem.... its not

Even roose bolton said it is imposible to get an army to where they were atranded BECAUSE OF THE SNOW.

What will these lords do? Have you forgotten they are in the middle of nowhere? Dying of cold? Do the lords have the power to bend snow?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2015
It is reasonable because the witch has always been right and stannis has no reason to believe she will be wrong this time. [/quote]
We shall see.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

Please who is this azhor azai? (Only tell me if it has been mentioned on the show) I have never heard it on the show.

Lol @ bolded...

It has indeed been mentioned in the show but you probably missed, not being a book-reader and all...
Azor Ahai was a warrior said to have fought the forces of the cold darkness during the Long Night thousands of years ago. A prophecy from the religion of the Lord of Light says he will return again whenever the cold dark gathers again. Melisandre proclaimed Stannis as Azor Ahai Reborn when she pulled that his flaming sword out a pyre of made of his bannermen who refused to convert to the new religion (early season 2, I think).

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:56pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

They were aided by a few north men who were against Bolton rule and wanted to save "The Ned's girl". And were down to eating horses. Out of 800 horses 60 something remained.I cant remember the exact number. They also fished. And although his men(the ones that follow R'hllor) were pressuring him to offer a sacrifice he says; "Half my army is made up of unbelievers. I will have no burnings. Pray harder." And they were constantly on the march, to reach Winterfell as soon as possible. Finally they reach a crofter's village that is a days march West of WF.

All these is not possible on the show because roose bolton made it clear that it is impossible to get men that far through the snow. Food is not their only problem, and they were loosing men. They were dying of cold already.

In the books, food was their main problem but on the show, the high snow is their main problem.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

Yes, they dont. They are cowards who hide behind masks and do their killings at night. That can't face the unsullied.

Thats in the books because the SotH i see on the show are not cowards and are ready to die. The even face the unsullied in the daytime.

RIP Ser Barristan. We will never see his like again.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
nani667:
That's how she just left on the Dragon ni sha... Not even thinking about the people she left Behind...

I swear. After all ser friendzone did to get her attention.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

You are assuming that food is his only problem.... its not

Even roose bolton said it is imposible to get an army to where they were stranded BECAUSE OF THE SNOW.

What will these lords do? Have you forgotten they are in the middle of nowhere? Dying of cold? Do the lords have the power to bend snow?
I wonder how many Azhor azai we'll have. Mel thinks it's Stannis. The other female worshipper across the narrow sea thinks it's Dany. Some of us think it's Jon Snow with all the Targ fan craze going on.

Btw were they really stranded? Stan knew the situation of things when he left Castle Black. He didn't seem it fit to kill his child until Ramsay destroyed his food supply and armory. Had those been untouched, I don't think Shireen would have been sacrificed. Somehow he would have managed the snow and marched on to Winterfell.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2015
lotta arguments here abt stannis.... that guy sure offended the MANY GODS[bookworms & show loyals] wink

anyway, i rewatched ep 8 and figured that the other[kinda older] wild walker was just observing whilst the other one fought jon, seems the wild walkers have got some kinda rank system or something

and how can the wild walkers be called a different more intelligent RACE, when they are actually humans[turned by some wierd ice magic]

WINTER IS ALREADY COME
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:09pm On Jun 09, 2015
ApexTitan:

Whether a man watches the show or a man reads the books, it is all the same to the many faced god.

grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
kay9:

Lol @ bolded...

It has indeed been mentioned in the show but you probably missed, not being a book-reader and all...
Azor Ahai was a warrior said to have fought the forces of the cold darkness during the Long Night thousands of years ago. A prophecy from the religion of the Lord of Light says he will return again whenever the cold dark gathers again. Melisandre proclaimed Stannis as Azor Ahai Reborn when she pulled that his flaming sword out a pyre of made of his bannermen who refused to convert to the new religion (early season 2, I think).

No it wasnt those who didnt convert. It was the statues of the Seven. It symbolises converting from the seven to R'hllor.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

The Northmen know their land. They were able to navigate it with Stannis. Their garrons and themselves wore bear foot claws they make which bend upwards, that made it possible to walk on the snow, and gave them a sure footing. And they arent in the middle of nowhere that you keep saying, they're in the North. The Northmen taught them to fish the icy lake. They did much more.

By nowhere, i meant there was nothing for miles around them.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

All these is not possible on the show because roose bolton made it clear that it is impossible to get men that far through the snow. Food is not their only problem, and they were loosing men. They were dying of cold already.

In the books, food was their main problem but on the show, the high snow is their main problem.

No. Food, supplies, hoarfrost, snow, sickness, southron jackanapes who couldn't handle a little snow and start pissing their pants,
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dunno what Jon Snow did to these people grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcNoB4O9Mg8#

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

By nowhere, i meant there was nothing for miles around them.
But they werent stranded. They were in the wolfswood.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2015
Holy s-h-i-t I cried this episode!!! The number one shocker character death will always be when Ned Stark was beheaded. For me the burning of Shireen will definitely be a close second.

Stannis is soo gonna die when Davos gets back and finds out what happened. Red Queen better get ready!!

Damn still dazed... Loved that girl's character...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2015
I prefer the former Daario...he has more masculine sexy than the new Daario. This new Daario is just too pretty for my liking.

What y'all think guys?

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

But they werent stranded. They were in the wolfswood.

Oh boy see map? Some people sabi Westeros pass map of Nigeria sef

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeonStark: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2015
themodernman:

Lol. No that's not true. But map of Westeros is easy to understand.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2015
UjSizzle:
Dunno what Jon Snow did to these people grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcNoB4O9Mg8#
OMG.. Lol, that's hilarious grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
UjSizzle:
Listen people.

Not every opinion here counts as a 'book reader being unsatisfied' thing. Most often than not it's more like 'A show viewer unsatisfied' thing. Would you feel the same way about some people's opinions if you were certain they hadn't read the darn books?
We watch the show because we like it. We read the books because we like it too. I happen to like both because they're going different direction, so it makes zero sense that anyone would say I am offended at the direction of the tv series.

Stop being unnecessary touchy. No book reader has made mention of a book here and yet you non-readers won't give it a rest.

Let's not turn this into a battle please. A number of people here have personal opinions concerning the show. Many others are fine with whatever is thrown at them. Still part of the fun of all these is our varying reactions to the episodes and characters (development and otherwise), how far we are willing to let our imaginations fly and our rant of disappointment/disapproval when the show takes a different course.

It's all normal.

So please enough with all the book talk. We're fans of the same show. Not everything should count as a spoiler here. If you think it does then maybe you need to spend more time arguing with people in the real world-- it'll teach you how conflicting opinions work.

All I'm saying is open your minds. We are not enemies.

I hate epistles so I'll stop now.

Thanks.

Signed... management tongue

I agree.

The spoilers is not the problem (mod doing a great job). Its that people are critisizn the writters unfairly.

for example,

After the episode, show watchers came and started criticixn stannis for what he did but book readers came and started criticixn the writers by calling it "bad character development".

We the show watchers understand the character for what he is. But the book readers understand the character IN THE BOOKS so they use that to judge the show character WHICH IS WRONG.

The show watchers judge the characters for eho they are while the book reaaders judge for who they should be,

7 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeonStark:

Yes, if he prevails as king. No true king does such.

If only being a true king were the criteria for being the king... it is not

Also, i could argue that a true king puts duty over family which is clearly what stannis did.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2015
UjSizzle:
Listen people.

Not every opinion here counts as a 'book reader being unsatisfied' thing. Most often than not it's more like 'A show viewer unsatisfied' thing. Would you feel the same way about some people's opinions if you were certain they hadn't read the darn books?
We watch the show because we like it. We read the books because we like it too. I happen to like both because they're going different direction, so it makes zero sense that anyone would say I am offended at the direction of the tv series.

Stop being unnecessary touchy. No book reader has made mention of a book here and yet you non-readers won't give it a rest.

Let's not turn this into a battle please. A number of people here have personal opinions concerning the show. Many others are fine with whatever is thrown at them. Still part of the fun of all these is our varying reactions to the episodes and characters (development and otherwise), how far we are willing to let our imaginations fly and our rant of disappointment/disapproval when the show takes a different course.

It's all normal.

So please enough with all the book talk. We're fans of the same show. Not everything should count as a spoiler here. If you think it does then maybe you need to spend more time arguing with people in the real world-- it'll teach you how conflicting opinions work.

All I'm saying is open your minds. We are not enemies.

I hate epistles so I'll stop now.

Thanks.

Signed... management tongue

I for one was moved with the shrills of Princess Shireen...if I were Ser Davoos I'll have kidnapped her sef knowing what Stannis & the Red diiick-rider were planning. But I also understand that such things do happen in real life. All doesn't always end happily. Hard & wicked choices do have to be made and no matter how pained we are we must strive on with life after making them.

That's how I see it.

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
gj22:

I agree.

The spoilers is not the problem (mod doing a great job). Its that people are critisizn the writters unfairly.

for example,

After the episode, show watchers came and started criticixn stannis for what he did but book readers came and started criticixn the writers by calling it "bad character development".

We the show watchers understand the character for what he is. But the book readers understand the character IN THE BOOKS so they use that to judge the show character WHICH IS WRONG.

The show watchers judge the characters for eho they are while the book reaaders judge for who they should be,

Last statement is very correct!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
themodernman:

It's a serious matter o. cheesy

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:05pm On Jun 09, 2015
UjSizzle:

I wonder how many Azhor azai we'll have. Mel thinks it's Stannis. The other female worshipper across the narrow sea thinks it's Dany. Some of us think it's Jon Snow with all the Targ fan craze going on.

Btw were they really stranded? Stan knew the situation of things when he left Castle Black. He didn't seem it fit to kill his child until Ramsay destroyed his food supply and armory. Had those been untouched, I don't think Shireen would have been sacrificed. Somehow he would have managed the snow and marched on to Winterfell.

Exactly. He left because he had no choice (remember ser davos told him to wait for Jon to come back with more men but he gave a reason why he cant wait for Jon [I dont remember the reason]). But the storm worsened half way through and he has lost more than half his men because they ran away (remember most of his men are sellswords he bought after going to the iron bank). He was willing to risk it and continue on his journey but ramsay snuck in and destroyed his food supply. Now he has no food, fewer men and a storm that is making it extremely difficult to travel. He sent ser davos to get more food(a fools errand because he wanted to kill shireen but even if it werent, it will take davos a long time to castle black and back and stannis made it clear THERE IS NO TIME). He knew the battle was loast before it even began and had no choice but to Sacrifice the poor girl. he was basically faced with the decision to sacriffice 2 things he loves...(Duty or family)...It is an understandable decision which a lot of people disagree with. It shows that Stannis values duty more than family.

If the red witch comes through, then he made the right decision. If she doesnt, then he will regret for the rest of his life.

This is the stannis we know and understand... A good man that was forced to make a hard choice between DUTY AND FAMILY.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 7:07pm On Jun 09, 2015
Aida13:
Holy s-h-i-t I cried this episode!!! The number one shocker character death will always be when Ned Stark was beheaded. For me the burning of Shireen will definitely be a close second.

Stannis is soo gonna die when Davos gets back and finds out what happened. Red Queen better get ready!!

Damn still dazed... Loved that girl's character...
No doubt,Davos liked Shireen but I don't see him doing anything much.Yeah,he'll mutter and tell Stannis his mind,but that's that.The guy is very loyal.Recall,in S02, He told his first son that Stannis is his god.Also one of his son's name is also Stannis

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.