Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? (23790 Views)

How Did Tinubu End Up Owning Lagos State House, Marina? / Did Tinubu Deployed LASTMA Officials To Adamawa For GMB Campaign (pics)? / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Sweetlemon(f): 11:57am On Apr 03, 2013
solomon111: The SW have always been a sucker for ethnocentric leaders,and tinubu capitalized on it.
Just like awolowo, he has been able to use funds from corrupt means to create a ethnic-based political system,which is why his so-called powers are limited to the SW.
He seems to be adored by his people anyway,so he can steal them blind for all i care.
As long as he restricts his shenanigans to the SW,then i have no problem with him.

The last time I checked Edo and Anambra states have strong ACN presence. Besides, Tinubu is respected everywhere regardless of whether ACN rules there or not.
How often do you hear other politicians bad-mouth him?
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Chitexs250(m): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
joeyfire: How could I forget the most important point.

He made obasanjo feel like a chump. When obj witheld lagos state allocation tinubu made lagos self reliant by force. Baba was suddenly the toothless bulldog and tinubu became a hero

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Allta(m): 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Maybe a future Nigerian commander-in-chief?
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by bongila(f): 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
Demdem:

Dumb post.
U should be concerned with the veracity of such claims.

Don't quote me again boy. Keep playing the stooge and leave me be with my dumbness Solomon.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by bongila(f): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sweetlemon:

The last time I checked Edo and Anambra states have strong ACN presence. Besides, Tinubu is respected everywhere regardless of whether ACN rules there or not.
How often do you hear other politicians bad-mouth him?
I meant to write Tinubu not Fashola,I've modified the post.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by chandler05: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
I am not in Any way on BT "Bola Tinbu" pay role .

Let's call a Spade a Spade , the man understands the pivotal laws of success . Plus he is a very intellectual Opportunist . In a nut shell he understands these III principles of Success.

I Get there First
II Be extremely Smart
III Be extremely good in Cheating

But as time will have it , nothing last for ever !

BT enjoy your reign while it last .
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by DTaj: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
I suggested earlier that someone should commission a study on the man’s political leadership.

One does not necessarily have to like him, but the following is true about him:

1.He effectively transited from being a Board room professional (he was Treasurer at Mobil Nigeria for almost 10 years, having worked earlier in accounting firms in the US, after obtaining CPA qualification and a Bachelor’s degree Business Administration from Chicago State University, Illinois in 1979, to a street-wise politician on the backdrop of his election as a Lagos Senator, his position as the powerful Chairman of Senate Committee on Banking, Finance, Appropriation and Currency, and one of the arrow-heads and founders of the main party to beat at the time -SDP, the other being NRC; his role in the June 12 struggle, closeness to MKO, and one of the main financiers of NADECO, the powerful movement of patriotic Nigerians that effectively led to the democracy we’ve had since 1999.

2.He knows how to attract, and obtain near absolute loyalty of brilliant professionals; the list is endless:

Dele Alake (Ekiti indigene, brilliant journalist of the Concord fame who became his Commissioner of Information & Strategy)

Opeyemi Bamidele (Ekiti indigene, a former US-based lawyer, now House of Rep. member who was his Commissioner of Information & Strategy too)

Yemi Cardoso (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s former Commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget, sound professional, Bachelor’s degree in finance and accounting from Aston University UK, Masters degree in Public Administration from Harvard University; ex top Executive at Chase and Citibank, and now Chairman of Citibank)

Wale Edun (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s former Commissioner of Finance, sound professional, co-founder of a top-rated investment and advisory firm in Lagos, and well sought speaker at company events)

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (Ogun indigene, SAN, author, Tinubu’s Attorney-General and Commissioner of Justice)

Prof. Kunle Lawal (Lagos indigene, author, researcher, renowned History scholar, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Education)

Mr. Fola Arthur–Worrey (Lagos indigene, Solicitor General of Lagos under Tinubu, and later Tinubu’s Commissioner for Lands, respected legal practitioner)

Senator Oloruninmbe Mamora (former Speaker of Lagos House of Assembly, brilliant member of the past Senate, owner of a popular hospital)

Dr. Leke Pitan (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Health and later Education, well regarded Doctor in the medical circle)

Dr. Ismail Adebayo Adewusi (Oyo indigene, PhD holder in International Monetary Economics, ex Ife lecturer, ex banker, cerebral consultant, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Finnace)

Otunba Akin Doherty (Lagos indigene, pioneer Commissioner for Science and Technology and later Commissioner of Finance under Tinubu, is a forensic auditor)

Dr. Muiz Banire (Lagos indigene, Unilag Law lecturer, PhD holder, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Transport, now CAN National Legal Adviser)

Dr. Lanre Towry-Coker (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Housing, PhD holder, an Associate of the UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Fellow of the Nigerian Institute of Architects, well-respected, nationally acclaimed architecture guru)

Mr. Tunji Bello (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Environment, respected journalist, was the Chairman of the Editorial Board of ThisDay newspapers)

Prof. Idowu Sobowale (Lagos indigene, Tinubu’s Commissioner for Education, pioneer Dean of Communications Faculty at LASU, well-regarded in the academia)

The 6 ACN Governors:

Fashola, SAN (nothing to be added about him, he is well known!)

Ajimobi (former MD/CEO of foremost oil company, National Oil and Chemical Marketing Company, a subsidiary of Shell, having spent 26 years in the oil sector, with multiple degrees from US universities- B.Sc. and MBA)

Fayemi (former Director of the Centre for Democracy & Development, Visiting Professor in the African Studies Programme at Northwestern University, Evanston, USA, University of London Ph.D. holder and well-known activist, brilliant public speaker)

Amosun (Chartered Accountant, FCA since 1996, co-owner of an accountancy firm, Ibikunle Amosun & Co. which he co-founded in 1990, MA International Finance, University of Westminster, Senator)

Aregbesola (Chartered Engineer, Tinubu’s former Commissioner of Works and Infrastructure, one of his most impactful Commissioners, known activist)

Oshiomhole (nothing to be said about him too, he is well known!)

3.His success at defeating OBJ to his own devious game before, during, and after the 2003 election was a master-stroke so much that his fellow AD Governors of the 1999-2003 era are the ones following him all about now and he acts as their Leader!

4.He seems to have a way of making and keeping friends across all parties…I read the statements from Kashim Imam (OBJ boy and current PDP Board of Trustees member) during Tinubu’s recent 61st birthday. He praised Tinubu to high heavens (even to the detriment of his own party, PDP!). Despite his spat with Atiku after the failed Presidential bid, they remain friends; even President Jonathan issued a congratulatory message to him during his birthday last week.

Fashola’s current Commissioner for Special Duties, Dr. Wale Ahmed, a medical Doctor turned politician, was the immediate past Lagos PDP Publicity Secretary and he was a very loud and extreme critic of Tinubu at the time. When Tinubu attracted Demola Seriki, pioneer PDP member, former Vice Chairman of PDP Lagos, former Minister of State Interior, former Minister of State for Agriculture and Water Resources, former Minister of State for Defence, under a PDP Government of Yar’Adua, shortly before the 2011 elections to ACN, he gave him a Commissioner slot and Seriki’s well-known acolyte in Lagos PDP, Dr. Wale Ahmed is Commissioner today under the ACN.

5.He is the typical Nigerian politician, he hammers PDP and other opposing parties during the day, using his foot soldiers, but he remains friends with the same people, who will protect his interest now or in the future!

6.He knows how to distribute patronage across party lines, throughout Nigeria. It showed clearly when the son of Senator Gbenga Ashafa, Tinubu’s ally (who was the Secretary of Lands in Lagos until he became a Senator) got married. Virtually every politician with any clout worth the name was present at the wedding, including PDP, ANPP, APGA bigwigs! And this happened before Ashafa became a Senator…

7.Again, he scored so many firsts as Governor of Lagos that other states in Nigeria have copied and/or copying. The list is endless: LASTMA, LASEMA, LASEPA, LAWMA, street sweeping, LASAA, State Government initiated IPP, e-TCC (electronic tax clearance certificate), expansion of the tax net, etc, etc… At the last count, some of the states that had copied these institutions and practices include Rivers, Cross-River, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Osun, Ekiti, Kwara, Plateau, Delta, Kano, Kaduna. Recently, Plateau State officials, a PDP state, spent some months in Lagos State Internal Revenue Service to study the comprehensive tax system.

8.He is at home with the constituencies that actually vote and not necessarily ‘elites’ and people with access to good ICT like you and I who will run from the polling booth on account of rainfall or biting sun! That was why he is well regarded by the transport unions NURTW, RTEAN, market leaders, artisans, etc, and they take their internal misgivings to him to solve. And for someone coming from the professional background he has, that is telling…

9.He has succeeded in shielding his immediate family (except the wife who is a Senator) from public scrutiny and media harassment.

10.Aside from South-West and Edo state, his party, ACN, actually has elected members in all the other five Zones of Nigeria, as councilors, Local government Chairmen, House of Reps members, Senators, Houses of Assembly members, etc. In fact, it is second only to PDP, the ruling party, in having elected members in every Zone in Nigeria. Some of these people include:
House of Reps- Ekpeyong Etim (Akwa-Ibom), Ananiya Francis (Adamawa), Ganama Kurage (Adamawa), Charles Chukwendu Odedo (Anambra), Benjamin Aboko (Benue), John Dyegh (Benue), Matthew Omegara (Imo), Sunday Steve Karimu (Kogi), Idris Ahmed (Plateau).

Senate: George Akume (Benue), Chris Ngige (Anambra).

11.His party’s (ACN’s) National Officers actually reflect the entire country! Check the list:

Chief Bisi Akande National Chairman Osun
Mr. Boss Mustapha Dep. National Chairman Adamawa
Senator Lawal Shuaibu National Secretary Zamfara
Alh. Kalli Al-Gazali Nat. Vice Chairman - North East Borno
Capt. Joseph Din Nat. Vice Chairman – North Central Plateau
Rabia H.A. Eshak Nat. Vice Chairman – North West Jigawa
Dr. Chudi Nwike Nat. Vice Chairman- South East Anambra
Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu Nat. Vice Chairman – South South Edo
Sen. Kolawole James Olagunju Nat. Vice Chairman – South West Ekiti
Barr. Amba Unanaowo Dep. National Secretary Akwa Ibom
Alhaji Lai Mohammed Nat. Publicity Secretary Kwara
Hauwa Shu’aibu Galma Dep. Nat. Publicity Secretary Kaduna
Abubakar Inuwa Kari Nat. Organizing Secretary Gombe
Barr. Tonia Adol-Awan Dep. Nat. Organizing Secretary Ebonyi
Mr. Kenneth K. Kobani National Treasurer Rivers
Samuel Durojaiye Dep. National Treasurer Ogun
Mrs Helen Bendega National Auditor Benue
Hon. Ngozika E. Ogbolu Dep. Nat. Auditor Delta
Hajia Hafsat Moh’d Baba Nat. Woman Leader Kaduna
Miriki O.V. Ebikibina Nat. Youth Leader Bayelsa
Barr. Ndionyenma Nwankwo Nat. Financial Secretary Abia
Umar Yusuf Garba Dep. Nat. Financial Secretary Kano
Hon. Uche Onyeagocha Nat. Welfare Officer Imo
Antibass El-Nathan Dep. Nat. Welfare Officer Taraba
Dr. Muiz Banire Nat. Legal Adviser Lagos
Barr. Abdullahi Haruna Dep. Nat. Legal Adviser Kogi

12.There is a legion of politicians and individuals who today, might have not reached the dizzy heights but for Tinubu (and God first, of course!). Such persons include Hon. Abike Dabiri (from NTA Network service straight to House of Reps), Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, the Muri Okunola brothers- Hakeem and Rasheed, Sen. Tokunbo Afikuyomi, Dr. Muiz Banire, etc. These guys, and many more, are very loyal to Tinubu!!!

Even Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe, Lagos PDP chieftain, former Minister of Works under OBJ, who fought Tinubu so fiercely and mercilessly during Tinubu’s second term as Lagos Governor, using FERMA and thugs, said this about the man on February 2, 2013, in an interview with Punch newspaper, in a response to the question: “Now that you and Tinubu are out of government, have you come back as friends?”:

“We have never been enemies. We only disagreed on issues but we must give it to him, Tinubu is a good strategist and it is working for him even if you don’t like him. His strategy is worthy of studying. How was he able to discover a Fashola? He could have pushed for a normal politician and they were many in his cabinet then, about 12 of them, but he didn’t; he must be a cerebral person. If you don’t like him, it’s your business but me, I watch him.

13 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Sweetlemon(f): 6:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
@DTaj, thanks so much for that!!!
Wow!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by omiobo: 8:25pm On Apr 03, 2013
@DTaj, Good job! Bravo!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Demdem(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
bongila:

Don't quote me again boy. Keep playing the stooge and leave me be with my dumbness Solomon.

When I see a dumb post, I tend to highlight such. I see it as community service on my part so such comments won't pollute innocent minds.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by mkoabiola: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
TINUBU,Owo to binu owo!
Tinubu,buje bu danu.
He is a clever politician anyday anytime .
Born to b a politician.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ewet: 10:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Complete nonsense! And your silly imaginary mobilization did all the magic within few days to the election? Did you alter the result of the election? Was it not one man, one vote? Or you pointed a gun at people's head compelling them to vote PDP?

My guy, stop fooling around. If what you described actually happened, then it means you gave in after sensing DEFEAT.

I recall that the ACN/CPC alliance talks collapsed few days to the election proper. Was it within those few days that your imaginary mobilization did the wonders? Yeye dey worry you.
I dont need to mince words with you,evev GEJ himself is 4eva grateful for this gesture.You shuld come to the streets and mention the name GEJ and i mention the name Tinubu in the entire SW and see who will get the most empathy.You are obviously too far away from reality.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 9:02am On Apr 04, 2013
@Dtaj.

Well done ojare. Excellent the way you 'itemised' and collated issues. You judge soldiers by the peculiarity of the arena they battle in. Ordinarily, and throuhout the world, citizens can discern this easily.

Nigeria, with it's problem of serious ethnic/religious and sectional division, bucks that trend via developing citizens unable to give credit where due because of the unthinking and unbridled hatred of others.

Same way a m0r0n cannot be a lecturer at Harvard or Oxford is how Tinubu did not get where he has or achieved what he did without admirable talent and enterprise. It really is laughable how transparent the tribalistic hatred of some are. No one is saying folks should like Tinubu but some only display their aberrant thinking when they cannot even admit what the man really is in the Nigerian political arena where no active and living politician is in any way close to Tinubu today in the management of so many of the right sort of leaders and the development of a powerful platform amenable to the leadership ambition of men and women who would otherwise be disenfranchised were our politics controlled totally by the OBJs, Anenihs, IBBs, GEJs of the world.

What did OBJ, IBB, Kalu, Atiku, Falae, Anenih, Odili, Ibori, Ciroma, Danjuma, Obanikoro, Peter obi, Abdulsalami, Shonekan et al give you all? What is GEJ giving you all today? The man is turning his region into a militant controlled "might is right" enclave. Looters will be rehabilitated and put in charge of important office under GEJ. Those are highly condemnable and evil actions yet GEJ is rabidly and clannishly backed by the myopic, hypocritical and bigoted 'busybody' elements who are the same folks always attacking Tinubu.

Meanwhile Tinubu is redefining the SW, after the great OBJ 'criminalisation' era , into a region where merit and ability is king and the way forward. A no-brainer template for success as attested to by world history . Rather than others pray to see same they are busy going around shouting Tinubu as if he deserves ten death sentences. Start thinking Nigerians and stop hating blindly like brainwashed Goats. As a South Westerner, I am happy with Tinubu because, even with his faults, he represents progress given how evil Nigerian politics is in reality. Tinubu is doing the dirty work so the next generation of politicians can be cleaner and better. Only hateful fools will not see that.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by snnipsi: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2013
joeyfire: I really dislike the man but make I talk true -

1. The man knows POLITICS sir! No other politician in this country knows how to work the nigerian system like him. Unknown to his supporters, Goodluck and Tinubu are very tight paddies because he knows how important tinubu is to his 2015 ambition.

2. The man knows how to work the ethnicity card. He's created a party which serves a rallying point for yorubas. (Though I can swear he doesn't believe in it himself) truth be told I haven't seen this level of intertwining of ideology, ethnocentrism and organisation in ages.

3. The man exploited the gap left by an all powerful military rule and has been able to push the inevitable call for pure FEDERALISM. He has always had a knack for embracing the popular struggle of the day. Ie June 12 and now Regionalism
well said!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by russellino: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe: @Dtaj.

It really is laughable how transparent the tribalistic hatred of some are. No one is saying folks should like Tinubu but some only display their aberrant thinking when they cannot even admit what the man really is in the Nigerian political arena where no active and living politician is in any way close to Tinubu today Looters will be rehabilitated and put in charge of important office under GEJ. Those are highly condemnable and evil actions yet GEJ is rabidly and clannishly backed by the myopic, hypocritical and bigoted 'busybody' elements who are the same folks always attacking Tinubu.

This is why I am not comfortable with these folk. ACN members and tribal politics are inseparable. When someone criticises your party they are tribal and clannish. Are u saying that ALL yorubas support tinubu? Ebun adegboruwa took on the lekki tollgates is he also a clannish person. Smh
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2013
snnipsi: well said!

You are applauding a pack of hypocritical, revisionist lies. What Ethnic card is/was Tinubu working? The sort Peter Obi and Dora Akunyili shamefully and openly "worked" when they told Anambra folks not to vote for a "Yoruba Party" via casting their ballot for Ngige?

This is the story of some Nigerians. Shameless fondness for basking in self-deceit, revisionism and dishonesty simply because of ugly indoctrination some never work to overcome. We know, on this forum, those who never stop claiming Tinubu, ACN and the Yorubas are the most tribalistic in the entire world while reality on the ground makes a mockery of that deceitful and wicked claim.

We know those who claim foolishly and ignorantly, to suit their bigoted nuisance, that the ACN is a "Yoruba Party" as if that is Tinubu's deliberate plot rather than a situation occasioned by the laziness, myopia and lack of political talent of the likes of Atiku and Ngige.

What is the composition of the ACN today? Which of Nigeria's most progressive and talented achievers, from all ethnic groups, are you seeking for that you won't find in the ACN today? Take Ribadu for example. He is one of the most liberal, fair-minded, moderate and pro-people politician from the North. Certainly a man who will be fair to all Nigerians. Ditto Utomi. Why did these guys join Tinubu the "ethnic jingoist"? Nonsense !!!

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 12:26pm On Apr 04, 2013
russellino:

This is why I am not comfortable with these folk. ACN members and tribal politics are inseparable. When someone criticises your party they are tribal and clannish. Are u saying that ALL yorubas support tinubu? Ebun adegboruwa took on the lekki tollgates is he also a clannish person. Smh

You must mistake me for someone who cares about your opinion. Yes ACN members are about tribal politics never your sort, whatever Party you support and wherever you come from. You would be better served confessing what your real issues are instead of boring us with the same pack of wicked lies your sort tell repeatedly in the hope it will eventually come to be accepted as the truth.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by russellino: 1:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe:

You must mistake me for someone who cares about your opinion. Yes ACN members are about tribal politics never your sort, whatever Party you support and wherever you come from. You would be better served confessing what your real issues are instead of boring us with the same pack of wicked lies your sort tell repeatedly in the hope it will eventually come to be accepted as the truth.

I actually don't care that you found my comment important enough to respond to. I do care for the truth and will speak when it is being trampled upon by anybody whether govt official or your party. Instead of responding to someone directly u spin an article about people who don't worship tinubu as being fools, losers, clannish and all sorts of foul language. O boy that's crap.

Which lie I don tell now sef. Unless you are mistaking me for one your fellow political hacks that have tainted social media to death with hypocrisy and hero worship I suggest you use address me properly.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 1:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
russellino:

I actually don't care that you found my comment important enough to respond to. I do care for the truth and will speak when it is being trampled upon by anybody whether govt official or your party. Instead of responding to someone directly u spin an article about people who don't worship tinubu as being fools, losers, clannish and all sorts of foul language. O boy that's crap.

Which lie I don tell now sef. Unless you are mistaking me for one your fellow political hacks that have tainted social media to death with hypocrisy and hero worship I suggest you use address me properly.

Eff off. Is that "proper" enough for you?
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by russellino: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Eff off. Is that "proper" enough for you?

Go suck tinubu's ass and pay a photographer to take a picture. If u haven't done it already

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2013
russellino:

Go suck tinubu's ass and pay a photographer to take a picture. If u haven't done it already

Loser.

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by russellino: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
Gbawe:

Loser.

Soulless political hack. To think people died for this democracy only for maggots like you to crawl out and foul it up all over again

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by acufes(m): 2:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
One answer...
FASHOLA!!!
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
We have never been enemies. We only disagreed on issues but we must give it to him, Tinubu is a good strategist and it is working for him even if you don’t like him. His strategy is worthy of studying. How was he able to discover a Fashola? He could have pushed for a normal politician and they were many in his cabinet then, about 12 of them, but he didn’t; he must be a cerebral person. If you don’t like him, it’s your business but me, I watch him.

Perhaps, there is nothing to add. It takes a talent to spot one. There is no way you assemble a team of well accomplished professionals but still fail in your task. These are folks who have a point to prove.

In ACN, it's quite clear there is a direct policy of putting competent folks in power whereas in PDP, whenever such had happened, do your investigations, it would turn out to be more of a mistake than implementation of a policy.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
bayooooooo:

Perhaps, there is nothing to add. It takes a talent to spot one. There is no way you assemble a team of well accomplished professionals but still fail in your task. These are folks who have a point to prove.

In ACN, it's quite clear there is a direct policy of putting competent folks in power whereas in PDP, whenever such had happened, do your investigations, it would turn out to be more of a mistake than implementation of a policy.

Absolutely. I remember OBJ fought tooth and nail to deny Rotimi Amaechi the PDP guber ticket. That is what the PDP is about. Ultimately, I wish every State and region of Nigeria well but I would not trade Tinubu for anyone else and I applaud what is happening in the SW today that means , whatever our issues, we will get it right as long as a minimum standard of leadership merit, that no one should go below, is established.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by snnipsi: 3:12pm On Apr 04, 2013
I am not a Tinubu's fan, but I get to learn that, whether thru crooked or clean means, the true federalism, significant changes and development, which has made south-west states a point of envy, is worth noting about Tinubu.

Talking about criminality, who is judging who, there is no pure system to convict criminals. It is a country where the "real" criminals are being 'celebrated'. A convicted past governor, who was just released from the prison, has started campaigning to become a Nigerian Senator. A former minister, who was convicted of embessling billions of naira, on his way out of the prison, was accorded with dancing and "Aso Ebi".... Why don't we atleast give it to someone who helped other become governors and leaders of the change that Nigerians need @ a point like this. Had he (Tinubu) not started this movement, who would have delivered democracy to the people as against the "Papa Deceive Pickin" busy-doing-nothing agenda

You don't need to sing the name, just accept the change!

2 Likes

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by russellino: 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
I see the f00l is cured

1 Like

Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by Gbawe: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2013
snnipsi: I am not a Tinubu's fan, but I get to learn that, whether thru crooked or clean means, the true federalism, significant changes and development, which has made south-west states a point of envy, is worth noting about Tinubu.

Talking about criminality, who is judging who, there is no pure system to convict criminals. It is a country where the "real" criminals are being 'celebrated'. A convicted past governor, who was just released from the prison, has started campaigning to become a Nigerian Senator. A former minister, who was convicted of embessling billions of naira, on his way out of the prison, was accorded with dancing and "Aso Ebi".... Why don't we atleast give it to someone who helped other become governors and leaders of the change that Nigerians need @ a point like this. Had he (Tinubu) not started this movement, who would have delivered democracy to the people as against the "Papa Deceive Pickin" busy-doing-nothing agenda

Well-said. Absolutely spot on.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by demmie1: 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2013
ITbomb: Worse than the PDP godfathers, making sure only his relative gets into elective positions and hand picking a governor without regards to the votes of the people.
Is that Power?

are you dumb for the sheer fun of it? the OP asked a question, you are picking on garbage. what's the evidence of power if he's not doing things you posted.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by demmie1: 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2013
snnipsi: I am not a Tinubu's fan, but I get to learn that, whether thru crooked or clean means, the true federalism, significant changes and development, which has made south-west states a point of envy, is worth noting about Tinubu.

now that's why I am his fan! have you never heard of the statement that politicians are criminals? That Tinubu could do all these and challenged Obasanjo to stalemate even with EFCC witch-hunting weapon of Baba is an achievement worthy of nobel award.
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by mbulela: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2013
-
Re: How Did Tinubu Become So Powerful? by ladychoice: 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2013
Why is tinubu so powerful?
Because Tinubu and all his political figures have proven to be an example of the 21st century politician. PDP practises politics of 18th century whr democracy was not a factor!for example, king Henry rules so king henry and al his family members and attachees tak a final decision over d pple regardless of what they think. Tinubu has not only proven to move with time and modernization but
To b d beta politician.
Politics is a game! All politicians are corrupt! You av to learn corruption b4 you even start any political career. Pdp corruption dosent care wat d pple fink, whereas tinubu and his puppies av prooven over and over to get the job done. Most nigerians don't reli care if a postion of an allocation is stolen, wat we care about is dat wat d money was allocated for was done and finished. And ACN has proven dat oveer and over. Am not saying dat d ACN politicians arent corrupt oo, dey r infact indeed very corrupt but dey get the job done which is the most important factor in dis struggle for power btw pdp and acn. Its all come down to dis 'what political party has d interest of the pple as part of their political agenda?' Who gets d job done?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

El-rufai And His Deputy In Their Football Kits As They Prepared For A Match. Pic / Wife & Children Of The Man Shot Dead During APC Campaign Rally In Anambra Mourn / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.